Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

I having really bad flashbacks to the stupid ps3/360 "console war" when every opinion was meant with "fanboy!" I was really enjoying the past few years where people just gamed and didn't seek justification for their early adoption.

Expect it to happen. Its going to happen now that PS4 is out and it will happen again next week when Xbox One comes out so both sides can try and justify what they bought.

Well between Shipwreck and myself, I'm calling BS on you guys seeing X1 games for sale at Target. The electronics guy was positive street date for most games is 11/22.

I won't say the X1 games will score *much* higher then PS4 ones but I can't see them scoring worst. Right now you have Resogun and Killzone, Killzone is getting a near 80 on metacritic and Resogun looks fucking awesome. Everything else is either meh or multiplatform so which system you get it for is it moot unless your jizzing over the 1080p vs 900p Battlefield 4 shots.

Both systems aren't worth it right now from what I can see if your enjoying whats left of the current gen. I don't see ports of Fable Anniversary, Dark Souls 2 or Lords of Shadow 2. Your also still getting Titanfall, hell Zoo Tycoon on the 360.

I'm just saying Sony fanboys are overblowing the PS4 launch line up saying it looks amazing when it doesn't, and that the $100 price tag difference *MAY* offer a better launch line up in Microsoft's favor. I have high hopes for Killer Instinct and Forza and Crimson Dragon.

Well between Shipwreck and myself, I'm calling BS on you guys seeing X1 games for sale at Target. The electronics guy was positive street date for most games is 11/22.
my target has some non first party x1 games out i seen ryse out at a target 30 mins south of me on sunday. Seems like only games with 22 street date is 1st party games. The thing is alot of targets are saying same thing for ps4 games that they will not sell them till friday and then some other stores have them out.

at work we got some nba2k14 and ac4 in for xbox one and the sticker on box has no street date on it so it's going out on friday. Madden and fifa has street date on box of the 19th.

Might just be launch but Sony has a rough road. It's only two big guns are Infamous and Driveclub outside of the indie titles till what, next Fall/Winter? As I predicted earlier, MS will have a stronger launch lineup. Y'ah know, the games?

Don't forget the 8 hours of dual shock 4 battery life compared to 30-40 of the PS3's controller, and the topic that got locked on neogaf with the nubs wearing down really fast.

Unless the X1 has RROD like issues in the first year they misewell be golden from here till the end of 2014.
In all fairness, I see lot's of people saying they will take the launch games for Xbox One because it's all about the games. But the last 4 years of Xbox 360 was a failure as far as exclusives and gaming without Kinect in general and I did'nt hear those same people say they are leaving Xbox 360 and going to the PS3..because during those years Sony crushed MS..because Y'ah know...the games. I still get the feeling people are buying X1 for everything but the games. Will be picking up X1 when the good games start coming out.

In all fairness, I see lot's of people saying they will take the launch games for Xbox One because it's all about the games. But the last 4 years of Xbox 360 was a failure as far as exclusives and gaming without Kinect in general and I did'nt hear those same people say they are leaving Xbox 360 and going to the PS3..because during those years Sony crushed MS..because Y'ah know...the games. I still get the feeling people are buying X1 for everything but the games. Will be picking up X1 when the good games start coming out.
i have a ps3 and uncharted is really the only exlusive game i enjoy and last of us was alright but was just uncharted reskined. for me xbox 360 was my system of choice for 3rd party games and mp seeing i feel xbox live is better service then psn and most 3rd party games ran better on 360;

Last edited by a moderator:
This.... this just proves to everyone you really have no idea what you are talking about. Sorry.
once again you bash my opinion jsut because i was not blowing away by last of us it means i don't know anything?

all you do is bash people opinions

once again you bash my opinion jsut because i was not blowing away by last of us it means i don't know anything?
No, its not that at all. Its the fact you call it "Uncharted reskined"

If you don't enjoy the game thats cool. Everyone has an opinion. Saying that just makes you look dumb though.

i have a ps3 and uncharted is really the only exlusive game i enjoy and last of us was alright but was just uncharted reskined. for me xbox 360 was my system of choice for 3rd party games and mp seeing i feel xbox live is better service then psn and most 3rd party games ran better on 360;
QFT

i have a ps3 and uncharted is really the only exlusive game i enjoy and last of us was alright but was just uncharted reskined
I hear ya. I was just trying to make a point. I do apologize if it seemed like I was trying to get a rise out of anyone. Games are to each their own. My buddy is crazy excited for Loco-Cycle, but I don't see it. Same with him telling me he didn't see what's great with Knack. But so far he has review scores to back it up.

But the last 4 years of Xbox 360 was a failure as far as exclusives and gaming without Kinect in general and I did'nt hear those same people say they are leaving Xbox 360 and going to the PS3..because during those years Sony crushed MS..because Y'ah know...the games.
In 2012 alone the 360 saw Halo 4, Forza Horizon, FEZ, Minecraft (console exclusive), Trials: Evolution, Gears of War, Charlie Murder, Spelunky, BattleBlock Theater and Mark of the Ninja...

While I would agree that Sony amped it up a bit these past few years I would by no means call the 360's titles the past few years failures.

my target has some non first party x1 games out i seen ryse out at a target 30 mins south of me on sunday. Seems like only games with 22 street date is 1st party games. The thing is alot of targets are saying same thing for ps4 games that they will not sell them till friday and then some other stores have them out.
Interesting because on NeoGAF, a pic was posted of the Ryse crates going out with huge signs saying "DO NOT SELL BEFORE 11/22" on Ryse

everyone knows ms kicked sony butt on software side of things last gen and will happen again this gen. More and more time goes on im SOOOO happy im not getting a ps4 at launch and getting a x1. When it comes to games i think the talk of oh xbox can't even run cod at 1080 p has stop after all the stuff about cod having frame rate issues at 1080 on ps4 and even killone having frame rate issues is showing ps4 is not that more over the top.
NO,JUST NO..Microsoft started the gen off great,but their last great exclusive game was Alan wake,and ehhh Halo 4 was pretty fun.Unless your talking about xbox live,then yeah,PSN BLOWS.But games wise,ps3 had better ones.

But yeah,back on topic. I hope amazon has that b1g1 sale for xbox one,if so..Do I get ryse or Forza..hmmm...

No, its not that at all. Its the fact you call it "Uncharted reskined"

If you don't enjoy the game thats cool. Everyone has an opinion. Saying that just makes you look dumb though.
you are right it's not because the story of the game could not touch the great story uncharted has.

In 2012 alone the 360 saw Halo 4, Forza Horizon, FEZ, Minecraft (console exclusive), Trials: Evolution, Gears of War, Charlie Murder, Spelunky, BattleBlock Theater and Mark of the Ninja...

While I would agree that Sony amped it up a bit these past few years I would by no means call the 360's titles the past few years failures.
the beauty of logic

in the end i really don't care about these so called console wars seeing i will have both by next summer anyways. Each system has great 1st party games as a gamer it's just silly to not own them all if possible.

NO,JUST NO..Microsoft started the gen off great,but their last great exclusive game was Alan wake,and ehhh Halo 4 was pretty fun.Unless your talking about xbox live,then yeah,PSN BLOWS.But games wise,ps3 had better ones.

But yeah,back on topic. I hope amazon has that b1g1 sale for xbox one,if so..Do I get ryse or Forza..hmmm...
um when i was talking about software i was not talking about games :/ this day and age i want more then a gaming system if im forking out 400-500 bucks for a product and i just feel for 500 bucks x1 gaves me more value for my buck with all the nice features it has.

I won't say the X1 games will score *much* higher then PS4 ones but I can't see them scoring worst. Right now you have Resogun and Killzone, Killzone is getting a near 80 on metacritic and Resogun looks fucking awesome. Everything else is either meh or multiplatform so which system you get it for is it moot unless your jizzing over the 1080p vs 900p Battlefield 4 shots.

Both systems aren't worth it right now from what I can see if your enjoying whats left of the current gen. I don't see ports of Fable Anniversary, Dark Souls 2 or Lords of Shadow 2. Your also still getting Titanfall, hell Zoo Tycoon on the 360.

I'm just saying Sony fanboys are overblowing the PS4 launch line up saying it looks amazing when it doesn't, and that the $100 price tag difference *MAY* offer a better launch line up in Microsoft's favor. I have high hopes for Killer Instinct and Forza and Crimson Dragon.
Honestly the best take on it all! For me I just want something new and $100 is a big deal. Right now, I love the idea of Xbox one and all the features it has such as snap and tv watching, but it is about the games. All of my favorite exclusives are from Sony so that is what made my decision besides the $100 difference. Though I think both systems are going to suck as far as exclusives up front, but I am glad the cross platform games are reviewing so well. So I am happy with my choice and what the future holds, for now I will play some upgraded cross platform games and look forward to what is coming.

You are correct and I take back the failures part, in the sense the games were not failures. But the lack of releases was the failure. Had they not slowed down, we might be talking about Xbox One out pre-ordering PS4 5 to 1. But again in fairness at least 5 of those games are for PC as well. http://www.nag.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Console-Wars-exclusive-games-comparison.jpg Like I said, to each their own. Kinect or controller.

You are correct and I take back the failures part, in the sense the games were not failures. But the lack of releases was the failure. Had they not slowed down, we might be talking about Xbox One out pre-ordering PS4 5 to 1. But again in fairness at least 5 of those games are for PC as well. http://www.nag.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Console-Wars-exclusive-games-comparison.jpg Like I said, to each their own. Kinect or controller.
ps4 out did x1 in pre orders because the garbage ms was first doing till a week after e3 it's not about THE GAMES. most people jump ship because of the drm garbage.

To use the features in the commercials like switching between tv and game play do you have to run the cable box hdmi iinto the x1??
Well your xbox can't see your cable box unless it's hooked in via HDMI, however it can send remote signals to it as long as you set it up. Basically Kinect can send remote signals to whatever device you want it to, it does not have to be connected. You won't be able to watch TV through XB1 though unless the box is hooked in. It is very possible that Time Warner Cable could release their streaming application that is on the 360 to XB1, in that case you wouldn't need a box hooked in and would just have Xbox snap that app.

Honestly the best take on it all! For me I just want something new and $100 is a big deal. Right now, I love the idea of Xbox one and all the features it has such as snap and tv watching, but it is about the games. All of my favorite exclusives are from Sony so that is what made my decision besides the $100 difference. Though I think both systems are going to suck as far as exclusives up front, but I am glad the cross platform games are reviewing so well. So I am happy with my choice and what the future holds, for now I will play some upgraded cross platform games and look forward to what is coming.
That is how a decision should be made. For me I wanted the X1 exclusives more than anything on PS4, so I went with X1.

If the X1 launch titles come out and review well, we'll see the primacy effect in PS4 fanboys. If it doesn't X1 fanboys will point toward the future. Honestly, both systems are going to do well and all the fanboy crap is irrelevant.

I'll stop by target again after work today and take a picture.
Haha! Don't waste your time. I was hoping to take advantage of the B2G1 and the 30% coupon. If they are there, you should do the same :D

Deader having an opinion that Last of Us is Uncharted unskinned is probably being kind.  I played the game and thought it was boring and (get ready for it) complete bullshit.  It was too long and the ending is a joke.  I traded that in so fast it would have made your head spin.

As for exclusives Sony has had better exclusives but I feel part of that was M$ preparing for the X1 and holding back on some stuff.  I think next year they are really going to bring the heat.

I'm not hating on anybody that got a PS4 but I get the feeling it will be lagging behind and playing catch-up with the X1 just like the PS3 did with 360.  They don't even have the suspend feature which should be standard at this point.  If your happy with your PS4 then great.  I'm not on a PS4 thread spouting this off.

you are right it's not because the story of the game could not touch the great story uncharted has.

the beauty of logic
I am not sure what game you are talking about (didn't look back a page yet), but i have to laugh at this. Maybe it's because I've only played the Vita version, but my god man. The story is in Uncharted Golden Abyss is completely generic. Like that super shitty Indiana Jones ripoff movie from many years back (name is escaping me). But worse. Mind you, I have yet to see a story in a video game that wasn't dreck, and Uncharted's may well be a little less dreck, but that's not saying much.

I am not sure what game you are talking about (didn't look back a page yet), but i have to laugh at this. Maybe it's because I've only played the Vita version, but my god man. The story is in Uncharted Golden Abyss is completely generic. Like that super shitty Indiana Jones ripoff movie from many years back (name is escaping me). But worse. Mind you, I have yet to see a story in a video game that wasn't dreck, and Uncharted's may well be a little less dreck, but that's not saying much.
talking about uncharted games on ps3 and last of us. naughty dog did not even make the vita game so can't really compare that to the great games naughty dog did on ps3.

Uncharted is a great series but yeah, they story really isn't amazing or anything. Its your standard Action/Adventure story.

The Characters are great though which I think should be more the point and not that the story was great.

so characters are not part of the story?  :headache: 

i enjoyed the story ALOT and loved the ending of 3.

but enough of sony talk this is XBOX one forum back on topic ....

I think to the point, Uncharted is very much more a character driven story where Last of Us is much more of a story driven story. If that makes any sense at all.

Well your xbox can't see your cable box unless it's hooked in via HDMI, however it can send remote signals to it as long as you set it up. Basically Kinect can send remote signals to whatever device you want it to, it does not have to be connected. You won't be able to watch TV through XB1 though unless the box is hooked in. It is very possible that Time Warner Cable could release their streaming application that is on the 360 to XB1, in that case you wouldn't need a box hooked in and would just have Xbox snap that app.
Thanks for the reply sir. I have and a surround sound that has 5 hdmi inputs that everything is connected thru . Not sure if I want to only watch TV through my x 1 seems like it would put a lot of wear and tear on the console.

I'm confusing myself with this .....

Thanks for the reply sir. I have and a surround sound that has 5 hdmi inputs that everything is connected thru . Not sure if I want to only watch TV through my x 1 seems like it would put a lot of wear and tear on the console.

I'm confusing myself with this .....
yeah i don't know how much of the tv feature i will use. At the start i think im going to be scared of over heating issues but it's good we have not heard any storys about that yet. I think it will be awsome to be playing a game and if i want to like get update on sport scores of the score board pop up on the side and still keep playing.

But everyone knows that Uncharted Vita was a watered down game from a completely different studio that had little time to put out the game to make Vita Launch. I hope you played the PS3 Uncharted's as well before making that judgement.

That is how a decision should be made. For me I wanted the X1 exclusives more than anything on PS4, so I went with X1.

If the X1 launch titles come out and review well, we'll see the primacy effect in PS4 fanboys. If it doesn't X1 fanboys will point toward the future. Honestly, both systems are going to do well and all the fanboy crap is irrelevant.

Haha! Don't waste your time. I was hoping to take advantage of the B2G1 and the 30% coupon. If they are there, you should do the same :D
It is how it should be, I love Uncharted, MLB the Show, God of War, Resistance, Killzone, Infamous, Heavy Rain...

Not a huge fan of Halo, Fable, Gears (Since Cliffy B left), Forza... etc

That made my decision the most

Deader having an opinion that Last of Us is Uncharted unskinned is probably being kind. I played the game and thought it was boring and (get ready for it) complete bullshit. It was too long and the ending is a joke. I traded that in so fast it would have made your head spin.

As for exclusives Sony has had better exclusives but I feel part of that was M$ preparing for the X1 and holding back on some stuff. I think next year they are really going to bring the heat.

I'm not hating on anybody that got a PS4 but I get the feeling it will be lagging behind and playing catch-up with the X1 just like the PS3 did with 360. They don't even have the suspend feature which should be standard at this point. If your happy with your PS4 then great. I'm not on a PS4 thread spouting this off.
Here is the issue, Sony started to focus more on exclusives because they knew that would sell a console, and they caught up to Xbox's early lead. Now they have an installment of studios dedicated to Sony. I loved my Xbox when I first got it, but then it seemed they shutdown more studios and just started buying their exclusives. Sony really innovated and focused on their games. When both systems were announced all Sony cared about was games. I love the features of the Xbox One and think they are way better than the PS4, not to mention when it comes to software as far as operating system and functionality Microsoft wins hands down. But I'm a gamer and the PS has given me the best pure game experience.

i dont remember anyone ever saying knack was a system seller. you two are just idiots.
I've heard a lot of buzz about this being a GREAT exclusive game and it pretty much failed. It may have been a stretch to say it was a system seller but it sure was being thrown in X1 fans faces about how it was going to be awesome and MS had nothing to compare to it. Thanks for the insult though, totally called for.

Preordered BF4 on Amazon just in case they decide to do B1G1 for X1. With a bit of credit it took it down to $46. Should be able to end up with 3 games pretty close to B2G1 pricing thanks to that Target 30% off coupon. With any luck, Amazon will come through and I'll end up with 4 games :D

Where do we get the 30% coupon from and it works with the B2G1 promo? I already have my Xbox One games paid off at Amazon but the new Ratchet & Clank, Lego Marvel PC, and another free $30 game for only $42 would be a sweet deal.

yep your an idiot. ignore list

post a link of people making that claim, but since we know your comment was BS no need right.
LOL no way you are older than 18. Seriously you should just leave this thread alone and stick to the PS4 thread. It's embarrassing.

bread's done
Back