Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

Does anyone know how the xbox one preorders work at Target?

I found a guy who wants to trade preorders, and he has the preorder card from target.....

I heard these were numbered so they kept track of what they had and ordered at least those many for the preorders....

But do you only need the reservation card? Or also the receipt? 

I would rather trade the system in its physical form, but I also would like to just be able to go pick it up myself 

Does anyone know how the xbox one preorders work at Target?

I found a guy who wants to trade preorders, and he has the preorder card from target.....

I heard these were numbered so they kept track of what they had and ordered at least those many for the preorders....

But do you only need the reservation card? Or also the receipt?

I would rather trade the system in its physical form, but I also would like to just be able to go pick it up myself
No way I would do it without the receipt. How do you know he didn't just grab a card off the shelf?

Since CheapyD is going to be in Lego I might have to buy it out of boredom and buy an XBOX one, it just makes the purchase even more tempting. And you probably need the receipt cigaro, don't trade

sig.jpg

um when i was talking about software i was not talking about games :/ this day and age i want more then a gaming system if im forking out 400-500 bucks for a product and i just feel for 500 bucks x1 gaves me more value for my buck with all the nice features it has.
My apologies then.I thought you meant game wise when you said software.Which sadly MS has been severly lacking these last few years,while the ps3 has been pumping out AAA games.But I agree with ya that the X1 is the better value and also has the better launch line up.Speaking of I think the only X1 game to get lower than a 5 will be ryse,which will get very low scores and some high.

I don't think Ryse will be that poorly graded by reviewers. It got some bad press early which I think has stuck in many peoples minds. I can't see it AVERAGING at a score below 5 but I'm really just speculating. I hope it does well.

Looks like this guys PS4 just bricked while updating the firmware. (live on twitch no less)

*Edit*

removed the video link. i meant no disrespect. (I have both systems ordered and paid for. I've never been biased to either)

Last edited by a moderator:
In the end, they won't. I just see threads like this and it makes me momentarily want nothing to do with any of it. And I don't want to get into a debate, especially not in this thread, but in my experience Xbots are either worse or both are equally bad. I would definitely not say Sony fanboys are worse or as plentiful.
I assume you have never been to the Xbox One board at GameFAQs. It's completely overrun and unusable for any Xbox One talk that isn't Sony-based hatred.

Looks like this guys PS4 just bricked while updating the firmware. (live on twitch no less)

*Edit*

removed the video link. i meant no disrespect. (I have both systems ordered and paid for. I've never been biased to either)
lmao, just like the PS3. I expected this.

People on the Sony boards are saying to just to make sure you have a screwdriver handy if you're getting the PS4 at launch.  Is this real life?  I literally have been laughing for a half hour straight.  There are so many articles and reports I could post but they would be off-topic.  This is going to make the next week fly by.  I feel bad for the casual PS4 purchaser that has to deal with this, but I wish it upon all those who spewed lies and BS since May in order to bolster the PS4 (amid Sony's lies that they finally admitted to this week).  

I'm watching the live stream and he got it working with the screwdriver and now it bricked again live on camera for the second time.  Time to go make some popcorn.

Can we try to stay focused on just the Xbox? I'm really wanting to just keep up with games and shipping. We have other places to talk about PS4, peeps.

So what's everyone doing for insurance on these babies? Im picking mine up from BB next week and will probably just do the 2 year geek squad thing.

So what's everyone doing for insurance on these babies? Im picking mine up from BB next week and will probably just do the 2 year geek squad thing.
Geek Squad is kinda bad because they don't really fix anything, they just give you a new one if they happen to have one in stock. So it might be somewhat useless if Xbox Ones are hard to find.

Ill most likely go with SquareTrade.

Geek Squad is kinda bad because they don't really fix anything, they just give you a new one if they happen to have one in stock. So it might be somewhat useless if Xbox Ones are hard to find.

Ill most likely go with SquareTrade.
ms warrenty should be long enough to cover shortage issue.

yep that's the only awful thing we are pretty much beta testers but pay full price for it.
Im kinda leery of early reports of system failures though. A lot of times you have morons doing stupid shit trying to brick a console IE people unplugging the Wii U while doing the update and then reporting that the system was failing when they were just being stupid.

Both IGN and Kotaku had the PS4 break on them during the embargo. Nothing like that happened with the Xbox One.
You're back? I thought you left to masturbate some more over early failure reports like the true fan of gaming that you are.

Xbox fans really shouldnt be picking fun at a few people having issues with there PS4's, it could happen or even be worse for the xbox one.  The xbox 360 and its unofficial 90% fail rate of its initial consoles was and still is the worst console issues to ever happen ever.  A few people with hardware issues at launch is the norm for any console.  Ill prob get a ps4 a year or so from now,  i cant wait to get my xbox in alittle over a week!.  Next gen is here, and it only took 7 years!!!! WTF!? lol

I dont think Neo has ever said he was a true fan of gaming. I think hes made it pretty well know he lives and breathes  Xbox games only.

Im kinda leery of early reports of system failures though. A lot of times you have morons doing stupid shit trying to brick a console IE people unplugging the Wii U while doing the update and then reporting that the system was failing when they were just being stupid.
this dude unplugged the ps4 every time it froze lol that im sure did not help

Xbox fans really shouldnt be picking fun at a few people having issues with there PS4's, it could happen or even be worse for the xbox one. The xbox 360 and its unofficial 90% fail rate of its initial consoles was and still is the worst console issues to ever happen ever. A few people with hardware issues at launch is the norm for any console. Ill prob get a ps4 a year or so from now, i cant wait to get my xbox in alittle over a week!. Next gen is here, and it only took 7 years!!!! WTF!? lol
who is making fun of people?

I don't think Ryse will be that poorly graded by reviewers. It got some bad press early which I think has stuck in many peoples minds. I can't see it AVERAGING at a score below 5 but I'm really just speculating. I hope it does well.

yeah ryse is a five doller renter for me or maybe just wait for it on gamefly
I don't think it'll get below 5,but I think like timbo said,its a GF game (which is what Im doing aswell,lol)

I've never ever done a pre-order of anything at GS, but I've seen on the pre-order thread. We come in the Thursday before release at 6:00 PM(or other time if noted) and get a number to make sure it's paid off? And then we come back at midnight and are granted in by numerical order?

Basically, at 6 pm Thursday, you will be able to pay off your console + anything else you are buying. They will give you a number on your receipt based on the order people paid off.

At midnight, they will start bringing in people in groups based on what number you are. So like 1-10 come in, get their console and leave, then 11-20 and so on.

Basically, at 6 pm Thursday, you will be able to pay off your console + anything else you are buying. They will give you a number on your receipt based on the order people paid off.

At midnight, they will start bringing in people in groups based on what number you are. So like 1-10 come in, get their console and leave, then 11-20 and so on.
sounds good. That'll be great.

Would you advise getting there earlier than 6? As in, a few minutes, or like 15-30mins earlier? I'd like to get one of the first numbers. I'll ask the store for details as well.

sounds good. That'll be great.

Would you advise getting there earlier than 6? As in, a few minutes, or like 15-30mins earlier? I'd like to get one of the first numbers. I'll ask the store for details as well.
Coming in earlier would just secure your spot earlier. Think of it like this, if you are the first person in line then you will be the first person to pick up your console. How GameStop does midnight releases is they make you pay (even if you already paid) and give you a receipt with a number on it that is basically valued at the amount of the item. So the Xbox One receipt you get at 6 pm will be valued at $500. DON'T LOSE YOUR RECEIPT!

But that is pretty much it. If you are number 5 you will be the fifth person to get your Xbox One once the clock strikes midnight, give or take however long it takes to hand out the four before you.

bread's done
Back