Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

I don't know, I think I'll miss the little achievement icons. I always appreciated the simplicity of their design and how they conveyed the achievement. Of course some companies did that better than others. Valve's Orange Box achievement icons are probably some of my favorite.
True, the little icons were neat, but I think having a full screenshot is a cool way to evolve the achievements, can't leave them 100% the same and this seems like a good idea. Maybe they'll still have icons in some way as well though!

Well I hope my Xbox One Day One Edition works out better than my PS4 Launch Edition did. I got a DOA PS4 and will have to wait 2-4 weeks to get it replaced. Luckily we are not hearing any issues of faulty Xbox One's. Hopefully I can go 1 for 2 on console launches this year. *fingers crossed*

Also, Sony stated that they will have extra held for those who did not preorder but they are sold out everywhere. I highly doubt that Xbox Ones will be any more available than PS4's. I can't even get a replacement from amazon for my broken PS4 as it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my coupon for Ghost on my account finally just not Fifa. Also thanks to RockstarNati I was able to get a year of Xbox Live for free from microsoft expert zone! Woohoooooo.
nice

still nothing here!

did u get an email too?

btw if anyone wants to add me for xbL once our lists expand, my gt is on my sig

I forgot to mention, but Microsoft sent me another e-mail a day or two ago and it either had another special car for Forza in it, or it was another e-mail about it with a code.

Edit: I just checked and it is a new, second car.

"Unlock your bonus car.

Use the code below to unlock the 2011 McLaren Forza Motorsport 12C with special livery and tuning package. Your code can be redeemed any time beginning November 22.**

The other one was an Audi.

I forgot to mention, but Microsoft sent me another e-mail a day or two ago and it either had another special car for Forza in it, or it was another e-mail about it with a code.

Edit: I just checked and it is a new, second car.

"Unlock your bonus car.

Use the code below to unlock the 2011 McLaren Forza Motorsport 12C with special livery and tuning package. Your code can be redeemed any time beginning November 22.**

The other one was an Audi.

I got it too. It was a car unlock for Forza. :)

They really have guaranteed I keep my pre-order for Forza 5 with those special Xbox One cars.  That, and the fact that my mom is really excited to see Forza 5 in action.

I just put all my bing rewards points into a contest for a free console + games since the microsoft points aren't really worth it anymore.

I hope I win one of them.

What's the best deal/coupons out there right now to get 2 or 3 games, (I want Dead Rising 3, Forza 5, and possibly COD: Ghosts), for the Xbox One at the moment?

does anyone know if Best Buy is still taking preorders for Xbox One? i wasn't going to cave in and get one for awhile,but i just got an Xbox 360 free thru the AT&T promo and i'd be stupid not to take $100 guaranteed for it

Just pre-ordered Battlefield 4 for Xbox One at GameStop.  It will probably be the only game I get at launch, because Christmas is so close.  For Christmas I will most likely get Dead Rising 3, COD: Ghosts, Forza 5, and NBA 2k14.

Do you guys think there will be more Day One Edition games available on launch day? I want Dead Rising but it is gone online and I tried to do it instore and couldnt. Best Buy has Ryse and Forzas still though. And yeah, I know I should have done it earlier and that Amazon has it right now, but I'd like to use my GCU discount and certs haha. Thanks

I was watching Rev3 Games, and they're saying NFS Rivals is a good game, one of the best NFSs in a while. I guess I'm getting just about every launch title. (Excluding NBA Live, cuz...seriously, who wants that?)

I was watching Rev3 Games, and they're saying NFS Rivals is a good game, one of the best NFSs in a while. I guess I'm getting just about every launch title. (Excluding NBA Live, cuz...seriously, who wants that?)
NfS: Rivals looks exactly like NfS: Hot Pursuit (2010) with ramps and of course the Frostbite engine. Found HP very boring even at $10... 2 lanes everywhere in a stitched-together "open-world" with desolate traffic (Burnout it was not). Please EA, either make NfS: Underground 3 or a Burnout with 1-hit takedowns/"after-touch".

As long you have the tracking number, you'll be fine. As for changing the shipping address, you can change to whoever you want it shipped to.

You're probably right. I did notice that Best Buy is going to do the buy 3, get $25 RZ certs for next week. Well, gotta go back to get my pre-orders in.

Hoping there's a good sale before the MSP to real currency balance expires next year.
There's no way to ensure that the UPS carrier will require a signature. Anything sold on eBay for over $250 requires a signature to qualify for PayPal seller protection. If the UPS carrier just hands it over to the recipient or leaves it at the door that person can claim they never got it regardless of what tracking says and the seller is out $400.

My brother called Amazon and they could not do anything to ensure UPS would require a signature. People ARE going to be burned by this. Only way to guarantee you don't take it up the rear is to receive it from Amazon and re-ship it yourself.
I agree with this. Especially for the dude that has never sold anything on EBay. I think you are just asking for trouble.

I have a PS4 paid off and was going to sale it on EBay but I just don't want to deal with the shady ass rip off people on there. You ate basically going to he at the mercy of whoever wins the auction.
I hate selling on ebay. There are also fake accounts that bid you items up but then don't pay. I've also been sent fake echecks that bounced.
I went the ebay route as well.. easy way to atleast get something out of it..
Don't bother with echecks. Use Buy It Now and require immediate payment. Also make sure you are selling to a verified seller with feedback. You should be fine.
You guys are leaving me scared and confused, lol. Now I don't know what to do, and I have to decide pretty soon. :(

NfS: Rivals looks exactly like NfS: Hot Pursuit (2010) with ramps and of course the Frostbite engine. Found HP very boring even at $10... 2 lanes everywhere in a stitched-together "open-world" with desolate traffic (Burnout it was not).
I haven't played the reboot of Hot Pursuit, but the reviewer did says Rivals did make him feel like he was playing Burnout Paradise.

I haven't played the reboot of Hot Pursuit, but the reviewer did says Rivals did make him feel like he was playing Burnout Paradise.
I loved the Hot Pursuit reboot myself, and Burnout Paradise is still my favorite of these types of games, so if it plays like that then that's great! Can't wait for the launch!

I'm not super huge on golf games myself, but I did enjoy Mario Golf, don't know if I've played a Hot Shots golf or not, are they similar to that or not really?

I got a tracking number from the Microsoft store around 6:45. Seems early? Unless they're printing labels but not actually releasing them yet...

now we starting to learn why 2k14 looks so good seems like it has constant frame rate issue. Im still buying it because i want a sports game and launch and madden looks the same as my 360 version.

now we starting to learn why 2k14 looks so good seems like it has constant frame rate issue. Im still buying it because i want a sports game and launch and madden looks the same as my 360 version.

Which version does?

ps4 can see it from watching videos but who knows if x1 version will.

I hope not. I hate the frame stutter when you go to do a spin move. I'm hoping it's smooth, or maybe a patch can fix it.

I went from "I can wait a year" to "I will wait until Christmas" to "I NEED AT MIDNIGHT!!!!" in the past week. I blame Dead Rising 3 videos and this thread.

I went from "I can wait a year" to "I will wait until Christmas" to "I NEED AT MIDNIGHT!!!!" in the past week. I blame Dead Rising 3 videos and this thread.
I was going to wait until Christmas but the past couples weeks have made me change my mind. Almost the same with the PS4 (Best Buy having extras made it too hard to pass up).

https://twitter.com/DMC_Ryan/status/401882513322176512
Boy that's interesting. I believe he does podcast unlocked or weekend confirmed and I could have swore he mentioned he was holding off getting an X1 till Feb/March timeframe. Either way I actually like him on the podcast. One of the few that doesn't annoy me. Wonder what has him so excited?

Can't wait to get mine, has there been any mention of a similar B2G1 deal that was run for PS4 games this week? I know a few x1 games were on the target list, but nothing I particularly wanted.

About the same with me. I was planning on waiting for both, but after figuring out I can get a console for 25% off (Target coupon and employee discounts) I re-considered. Then I had to figure out what system to get and I decided to go with Xbox One first. I'll get the PS4 later on when a nice bundle hits.

I'm nervous though because I didn't pre-order it. I just hope I'm able to get my hands on one before the coupon expires. I have to work Friday morning but my sister was nice enough to say she'd go out in the morning to try and get one. I just hope I have an Xbox One this time next week. :whistle2:|

I have a Day One Edition Xbox One pre-ordered on amazon and one at Best Buy. Which one would you guys stick with? Either my amazon shipping order could come late or get banged up during delivery or best buy....well they have a pretty shitty track record when it comes to delivering on high demanded items for pre order.

Also, can you add gift card credit to existing orders on amazon? I have a good amount and would like to bring the price of the console down if I do go with them. (

Can't wait to get mine, has there been any mention of a similar B2G1 deal that was run for PS4 games this week? I know a few x1 games were on the target list, but nothing I particularly wanted.
I've been wondering about this myself. It would be really nice if some type of deal came out. I would definitely get another 2 or 3 games for launch although realistically that's the last thing I need. Come on Amazon/Target/Best Buy. Hook us up!!!

bread's done
Back