Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

I have a Day One Edition Xbox One pre-ordered on amazon and one at Best Buy. Which one would you guys stick with? Either my amazon shipping order could come late or get banged up during delivery or best buy....well they have a pretty shitty track record when it comes to delivering on high demanded items for pre order.

Also, can you add gift card credit to existing orders on amazon? I have a good amount and would like to bring the price of the console down if I do go with them. ( <3 Prime ).
As far as I've been able to tell Best Buy fulfilled every PS4 preorder that went through. Most if not all stores had 30-40 extra units as well. This will be the same case with Xbox as we've started receiving out units and won't have any issues.

istill got hope amazon will do something this week which is why im holding out buying my games
I hope Amazon does that thing where they sent out a B1G1 for the games like they did with PS4 for people who already had a game, I have all of my other orders done but have been waiting on Forza and Ryse to see if I get one of those

About the same with me. I was planning on waiting for both, but after figuring out I can get a console for 25% off (Target coupon and employee discounts) I re-considered. Then I had to figure out what system to get and I decided to go with Xbox One first. I'll get the PS4 later on when a nice bundle hits.

I'm nervous though because I didn't pre-order it. I just hope I'm able to get my hands on one before the coupon expires. I have to work Friday morning but my sister was nice enough to say she'd go out in the morning to try and get one. I just hope I have an Xbox One this time next week. :whistle2:|
I'm the exact same way. After the whole "no used game" and other related BS, I had no interest in it. Then they retracted that and I still resisted. But after watching videos this past week, I want one tonight. My only concern is with 3D Blu-ray, and if/when it's going to happen.

I'm in a bit of a quandary as to how to go about it. I'm planning to trade in both of my PS3's (since I only use them for Bluray and the X1 will do that), so if I can get GS to allow the 90% bonus, since the ad doesn't state anywhere that an existing preorder is needed (Just states "with your new preorder"), I'll go that route and wait out a restock. Or I can just take the consoles to BBY and get the $100 each for them and possible get it at launch. Or I can hold onto the PS3s (or sell them on CL) and get one from Target and use my Redcard Debit 5% discount + 5% Pharmacy rewards cert to knock $50 off and possibly get it at launch (but this means more $$$ out of pocket). Decisions, decisions...

So I went to go play the Xbox One at my local Microsoft store this evening. I got some hands on time with both Killer Instinct, Forza 5, and the new controller.

Xbox One Controller - My initial impressions are a mixed bag. The new d-pad really felt great and worked well for Killer Instinct. It was a lot heavier than I was expecting. Definitely heavier than the Xbox 360 controller. Not sure if that makes a difference. In theory, it appears to be the same size, but it feels a bit smaller when you are holding it. The left thumbsitck feels a little weird to me. It's almost like it is further away from a natural thumb position. Not the extent of the PS3 that makes you pull it across the whole controller to the middle. But it just didn't feel as good as the Xbox 360 controller. Hopefully I will get used to that, because the reason I don't have a PS3 is that the controller hurt my hands and I'm worried this may be the case for the Xbox One. But it's definitely not as bad as a middle focused thumbstick like the DS3. Also the impact triggers were not what I expected. I guess I thought they would be more force feedback style and less rumbly. And when there was no impact enabled, they were a much lighter touch than the Xbox 360. Once again, probably just something to get used to. Also, a little weird to me, but the top of the controller has low intensity blinking IR lights, I'm guessing so the Kinect can track it. It was just a little weird looking but not distracting like the light on the DS4. Overall, I'm a bit nervous about the left thumbstick hurting my hand. Everything else was good or just needs some time to become second nature.

Killer Instinct - Feels just like playing in the arcade and that is the biggest compliment I can give. It plays just like you want Killer Instinct to play and while the graphics aren't top tier, they look great. Suffice it to say, I'm so glad they did a good job with it and it's a day 1 purchase for me.

Forza 5 - The graphics on Forza blew me out of the water. I've seen the videos but watching them on a big HDTV is incredible. That said, there was definitely some little jumps in the frame rate that was a bit distracting when watching. I didn't notice them when playing though. Other than that, this is Forza. The impact triggers gave some interesting feedback but I'm not 100% sure what I was "feeling" for to know when to put on the brakes or start gunning it. Also, this 15 minutes with the game reminded me how much I really suck at something so realistic and I'm starting to think that maybe I will pass on this until it gets cheaper. 

Overall positive impressions with the one caveat being how that left thumbstick is positioned. Maybe it's generally the same but my thumb felt very out of sorts playing on it. Anyone else have impressions?

Only if we see mass cancellations of pre-orders.
I don't know, my pre-order that I made in October was scheduled to arrive after the first of the year and several days ago, I received an update that I was getting a day one edition 5 days after launch because I'm too cheap to pay for the quick shipping. I think MS and Sony finally wised up and made a ton more than they had previously. Maybe this is due to the use of Foxconn as the manufacturer too. I think there will be more available than only the pre-orders.

Overall positive impressions with the one caveat being how that left thumbstick is positioned. Maybe it's generally the same but my thumb felt very out of sorts playing on it. Anyone else have impressions?
Not sure, haven't played with it yet, but did purchase a controller at gamestop today. To me, it's the best controller I've ever held. I'll hold final judgment for when I get the system this week and can have some hands on time with it.

I have a Day One Edition Xbox One pre-ordered on amazon and one at Best Buy. Which one would you guys stick with? Either my amazon shipping order could come late or get banged up during delivery or best buy....well they have a pretty shitty track record when it comes to delivering on high demanded items for pre order.

Also, can you add gift card credit to existing orders on amazon? I have a good amount and would like to bring the price of the console down if I do go with them. ( <3 Prime ).
you can add amazon gc to an order yes. i did this with my preorder for my cousin. got bb gc on discount and then bought kindle cards and applied it to his order.

i would pick up the best buy preorder and then refuse amazon if it comes late and if bb comes thru. if bb does not come thru then wait for amazon. i am picking up instore at GS since my amazon orders come late usually.

wife was in the new MS store that opened today by us and said the xbox one was crammed with people test driving it and thought it looked nice when they demoed it. not sure how to interpret that lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Got an email from Microsoft an hour ago that says my Day One console has been shipped! Anybody else get shipping confirmation from Microsoft or any other store?

Got an email from Microsoft an hour ago that says my Day One console has been shipped! Anybody else get shipping confirmation from Microsoft or any other store?

Someone else said they did. Lucky ass people.

all the KI information is making me want to buy it. if MS would send me some free codes it would get me for sure lol. still no promo emails from them :/

I've had a feeling that Microsoft Store orders would get them 2-3 days early based on Microsoft telling that guy on twitter who had the Xbox One early and was banned that he'd be back on a few days before the 22nd.  Didn't the Microsoft Store send out something else early?  I can't remember what it was, maybe the Surface or something.

Actually, I might be thinking of a carrier like Sprint shipping the HTC Evo 4G early to those who bought it from Sprint.com

Anybody know of any game deals? I used target b2g1 for ps4, and last year the newegg $15 off preorders covered Wii U's launch. Is like to find a way to save on some Xbone launch titles.

[quote name="Drclaw411" post="11247677" timestamp="1384667888"]Anybody know of any game deals? I used target b2g1 for ps4, and last year the newegg $15 off preorders covered Wii U's launch. Is like to find a way to save on some Xbone launch titles.[/quote]

Buy some old cheap xboxs and trade them into best buy.

Or ps3s

Is the Microsoft Store going to sell games before the 22nd?

Forza 5 - The graphics on Forza blew me out of the water. I've seen the videos but watching them on a big HDTV is incredible. That said, there was definitely some little jumps in the frame rate that was a bit distracting when watching. I didn't notice them when playing though. Other than that, this is Forza. The impact triggers gave some interesting feedback but I'm not 100% sure what I was "feeling" for to know when to put on the brakes or start gunning it. Also, this 15 minutes with the game reminded me how much I really suck at something so realistic and I'm starting to think that maybe I will pass on this until it gets cheaper.
Remember, the Forza games let you turn on assists and various options that make driving much easier and more forgiving. I prefer arcade-style racers but I've still enjoyed the past Forza games thanks to these options.

After having my PS4 a DoA unit, I'm not buying an XO, but I DO have a Day One preorder...if anyone wants it, feel free to PM me. I hate to cancel yet and not really looking to make a profit, but I can have it delivered to you. I can't promise the thing will freakin' work, but yeah...want an XO preorder and are willing to pay me before it comes? I've got one, I can provide proof, and I can provide proof I'm sending it to you. 

Anybody know of any game deals? I used target b2g1 for ps4, and last year the newegg $15 off preorders covered Wii U's launch. Is like to find a way to save on some Xbone launch titles.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/xbox-one-offer-114308

and http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=category&id=pcmcat306400050006

(may need to copy and paste) but you could theoretically combine the two.

Say for instance you buy three games at once that are on the list for the $10 AND the $25, you can end getting $55 back.

After having my PS4 a DoA unit, I'm not buying an XO, but I DO have a Day One preorder...if anyone wants it, feel free to PM me. I hate to cancel yet and not really looking to make a profit, but I can have it delivered to you. I can't promise the thing will freakin' work, but yeah...want an XO preorder and are willing to pay me before it comes? I've got one, I can provide proof, and I can provide proof I'm sending it to you.
But with your PS4 not working, the Xbox One would give you something to play while you wait for the PS4 warranty process to proceed. It's a chance for new doors to open to you, man.

But with your PS4 not working, the Xbox One would give you something to play while you wait for the PS4 warranty process to proceed. It's a chance for new doors to open to you, man.
I know. And I contemplated just returning the PS4, but after speaking with amazon they offered $80 refund without asking, so it's a no-brainer at this point. Besides that, I had them both pre-ordered when they became available because I didn't know which one I wanted. I'm getting married in 3 weeks and supposed to start moving into my house slowly next week so my time would've been mostly this weekend. My fiancee also said I could keep both systems if I wanted, but considering the costs it's rather selfish spending $1000 on new games right now. Trust me I'd like both :lol:

I wish I could get my hands on a Day One edition, but I don't think that's in the cards for me. I'm waiting on my cash payment from the whole free Xbox One deal.

Anyone know what the split between day one editions and regular consoles will be? I noticed Walmart sent out an email today advertising a day one bundle ... you guys think there's a possibility of non-preorder Day One consoles out in the wild?

Looks like Tardcore is going to probably get my XO, so if anyone else sees my post from earlier, consider it gone at this point in time. He has first shot.

Anyone know what the split between day one editions and regular consoles will be? I noticed Walmart sent out an email today advertising a day one bundle ... you guys think there's a possibility of non-preorder Day One consoles out in the wild?
Day One consoles will have a black box, with a special logo on the controller, along with a "Day One" achievement.

Day One consoles will have a black box, with a special logo on the controller, along with a "Day One" achievement.
He meant the amount there will be for each, example a store may get 100 xbox one's but only 50 are day one editions.

Honestly I would doubt that any day one editions will be found in the wild. Maybe all first runs will be day one maybe not. But I doubt that they wouldn't be gone INSTANTLY if they were.

Not what he was asking. :)

Also guys, you can't make groups anymore so I made this.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/322624-the-play-the-xbox-one-with-fellow-cags-list/

I will add pretty much anyone, none of my homies are getting the Xbox One. What's the point of all these "social features" if I have no one to "socialize" with. Also If you add your name to the list it'd be cool if you actually played with the fellow CAGs. Some people were complaining in the PS4 thread that they added people but no one actually plays with them.

Saw the bone in person for the first time tonight at Target when taking advantage of the b2g1+30% off deal for the last time.  :cry:  Sadly they didn't have the controller out so no impression on that.  But I have to say the console is smaller in person than I thought, but damn the Kinect is huge.  Really is going to be an eyesore sitting on top or below the TV.  That said I'm still debating with myself on keeping my day 1 edition.  Playing with the PS4 camera and voice commands has really warmed me to the feature and if it's that much better on the bone could be pretty sweet, that and Xbox Fitness.  Really wish Microsoft didn't skimp on the hardware, this decision would be a ton easier.

He meant the amount there will be for each, example a store may get 100 xbox one's but only 50 are day one editions.

Honestly I would doubt that any day one editions will be found in the wild. Maybe all first runs will be day one maybe not. But I doubt that they wouldn't be gone INSTANTLY if they were.

Not what he was asking. :)

Also guys, you can't make groups anymore so I made this.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/322624-the-play-the-xbox-one-with-fellow-cags-list/

I will add pretty much anyone, none of my homies are getting the Xbox One. What's the point of all these "social features" if I have no one to "socialize" with. Also If you add your name to the list it'd be cool if you actually played with the fellow CAGs. Some people were complaining in the PS4 thread that they added people but no one actually plays with them.
Ahh, my bad reading again.

Is the Microsoft Store going to sell games before the 22nd?

Remember, the Forza games let you turn on assists and various options that make driving much easier and more forgiving. I prefer arcade-style racers but I've still enjoyed the past Forza games thanks to these options.
Except I turned the difficulty on easy and was still slipping and sliding all over that place. Hopefully there will be a demo available around launch to get some extra time with it to see if I want to invest.

My buddy who works at Best Buy said they got 10 extra Xbox Ones over the preorders..... this is comparison to the 50 extra PS4s they received... just a bit of info. 

I'm the exact same way. After the whole "no used game" and other related BS, I had no interest in it. Then they retracted that and I still resisted. But after watching videos this past week, I want one tonight. My only concern is with 3D Blu-ray, and if/when it's going to happen.

I'm in a bit of a quandary as to how to go about it. I'm planning to trade in both of my PS3's (since I only use them for Bluray and the X1 will do that), so if I can get GS to allow the 90% bonus, since the ad doesn't state anywhere that an existing preorder is needed (Just states "with your new preorder"), I'll go that route and wait out a restock. Or I can just take the consoles to BBY and get the $100 each for them and possible get it at launch. Or I can hold onto the PS3s (or sell them on CL) and get one from Target and use my Redcard Debit 5% discount + 5% Pharmacy rewards cert to knock $50 off and possibly get it at launch (but this means more $$$ out of pocket). Decisions, decisions...
Unless youre getting a day one edition theres really no reason to go out of your way to get it at launch imo

I went ahead and re-preordered a XB1 from GS when they reopened their preorders ( I know, I know, I've been back and forth about it). At that time, they told me that all of the preorders were for the standard systems only.When I went there last week to drop off some more trades, they did inform me that they had a few extra Day One consoles but couldn't guarantee me that I would get one instead of a standard edition. I'm going to go to the midnight release and hope I can get the D1 system. 

Are you sure its going to be black still? Because i believe that box was shown before the finalized the real box that is Green. The guy who recieved his from target early he got the now new green box and im pretty sure Target is doing the day one systems.

Edit: Hmm watching some of those really early unboxing vids i noticed they got the non day one controller, so maybe it will be black.

Had an e-mail from them saying they are going to start processing the orders on the 15th so that people can receive them Day One on the 22nd. I doubt anyone will get them any earlier.

My MS store order has shipped! I was really worried after getting my preorder cancelled, but they came through :D

I can't wait to get this thing setup!

Seems like it won't be possible to get a Day One console at retail without an early preorder. I snatched up a Day One when Best Buy opened them up for the last time.

Damn, missed out on Day One, but I wouldn't even have had the funds for it. I will definitely be going Xbone next gen though! I've always loved the Xbox. Now to make $500 and not have it affect my wallet as bad...

I have attained raw footage of the Xbox One shipments being loaded for some of their final destinations before they get to our homes or stores:

eho.gif

NBA2k should be the same on both systems. 2k/EA have aimed for parity it seems.

Games that will be different:

AC4 is 900p getting patched to 1080p for PS4. No official word on X1 resolution but I heard 900p.

COD Ghosts is 720p native and is 1080p native on PS4

Battlefield is 720p Native on XB1 and 900p on PS4

Every other game should be the same so far.

bread's done
Back