Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

When I'm laying on my death bed and looking at all the things I love and loved most in life, I want to be able to have that Day One 2013 controller to hold. That's why I'm not selling it.
First time in this thread and saw this...

Wow, the internet is amazing.

fuck that, he needs a girl who gets him. No need to fake it.
Dude, if he's being legitimate and not just playing a character for laughs (the latter being quite possible), his socialization needs improvement. He doesn't need a girl with no standards, he just needs to learn to talk to people better. It's not at all constructive to argue otherwise.

Last edited by a moderator:
fuck that, he needs a girl who gets him. No need to fake it.
The only girl who will get him is Julie Larson-Green, but I'm afraid she's probably a bit out of his league. Sadly he will compare all girls to her and none will be good enough. So he will sit in the bathroom with his tear soaked (and other bodily fluid soaked) tissues dreaming of what could of been, should've been. And he will die alone, and be buried with his day one edition xbox one controller and a headstone that says "jump in." Such an unfortunate tale.

She might run when she sees your green shrine plastered with windows cds, office cds, msn cds, Microsoft keyboard and mice, the duke controller, statuettes of Master Chief and Marcus Fenix, pictures of Bill Gates, Larry Hryb, Phil Spencer, and the picture of Phil Harrison with a big red X through it cause you won't accept him since he once worked for <gasp> Sony.
med_gallery_125_8165_185896.jpg

med_gallery_125_8165_146070.jpg

Don't worry, I am totally myself on a date. I've always been between two worlds, especially since early 2007 when I got into shape. I love being alone, love gaming, but can fit in in situations where people think I am totally a "normalcool" as some call it. I'm not shy or ashamed to tell people about my gaming or my love for my cats, but there's much more to me than that. Those are my passions though and anybody who would look down on me for that would be out of my life that instant.

Don't worry, I am totally myself on a date. I've always been between two worlds, especially since early 2007 when I got into shape. I love being alone, love gaming, but can fit in in situations where people think I am totally a "normalcool" as some call it. I'm not shy or ashamed to tell people about my gaming or my love for my cats, but there's much more to me than that. Those are my passions though and anybody who would look down on me for that would be out of my life that instant.
You seem like a pretty big xbox fanboy, but I can respect every part of that.... I have always felt the same way. If someone is going to be in your life they have to accept what you like as a person. There definitely is a negative stigma associated with gaming, but it shouldnt be the first thing to be judged.... I always tell people "Hey, i could be addicted to drugs instead"

Wrong, there are women out there who will be as passionate as he is. He just needs to find her.
No, I'm not wrong. You're giving really bad advice. Nobody said we shouldn't try to meet people with the same hobbies. I'm just recommending dialing down the crazy talk and subtle cries for help. Why in the world would you advocate against learning to deal with people better? Are you hoping to pick up the girl on the rebound after he scares her off?

Is that an Onkyo??
Hey, I have an Onkyo HTS9100THX receiver myself. Sadly, it has started acting up after 3 or 4 years of use. Makes a loud static sound when we first turn on the Xbox 360 (but not other devices). Powering it off and then on again usually gets the sound working right though.

med_gallery_125_8165_185896.jpg

med_gallery_125_8165_146070.jpg

All joking aside, you have a pretty nice setup, pretty organised for what I was picturing, although the shelf with the figures could use some dusting. Where do you plan to put the Xbox One? And that wall isn't painted red with blood from Sony fanboys I hope or maybe a tribute to the Red Ring of Death?

Is that an Onkyo??
Yes, I bought it in late June.

http://www.amazon.com/Onkyo-HT-S3500-5-1-Channel-Theater-Receiver/dp/B0077V88V8

I was using a Samsung 5.1 system from 2007 the whole time before that and this was a great upgrade. Way more options, HDMI ports so I don't have to use a manual optical cord switcher anymore, and better sound. I don't have the space for a 7.1 system so this thing was perfect for me. It's in the basement of a townhome and I can blare it 24/7 within reason, but for those rare nights, like a Halo launch night, or when I'm running on the treadmill I can blare it and it sounds better than a movie theatre IMO.

I can't wait to hear Battlefield 4 on it. I highly recommend that surround sound if you're looking for something easy to setup that will sound great. I had to go to Best Buy and buy speaker cord and cut/splice (or whatever the word is) it myself though for my back speakers. The ones that came with it weren't long enough like the ones that had come with the previous Home theatre in a box.

I ordered it off Amazon too and they didn't even ship it in a box. It was just in its normal box showing exactly what it is. Due to that, the UPS guy didn't leave it on the porch and I had to drive to the UPS depot to get it. It was packed VERY well inside the box though by Onkyo with tons of Styrofoam and stuff, a quality job that neither Microsoft or Sony afford their consoles.

All joking aside, you have a pretty nice setup, pretty organised for what I was picturing, although the shelf with the figures could use some dusting. Where do you plan to put the Xbox One? And that wall isn't painted red with blood from Sony fanboys I hope.
Yeah I know. I took those pictures real quick one day for my CAG gallery here and it would have taken some time to remove everything and dust. I don't know yet how I'm going to rearrange things. I have two new Halo art books (the Halo Essential Visual Guide and Halo 4 Essential Visual Guide) I need to get in there, there's a new novel coming out in January (Mortal Dictata) and there's Xbox One games coming now and my Xbox 360/Blu-ray/HD DVD shelf is filled to the last inch now thanks to Grand Theft Auto V, my final Xbox 360 game. I need to rework it but I'm not sure if that'll all be happening until winter break starts. I don't have the time this week.

My Xbox One will be going where my Xbox 360 stands now. My Xbox 360 has been vertical in that position next to the TV since the first day so it'll be weird not to have it standing there like that anymore. I'm not sure where the Xbox 360 will end up. I would like to have it by the Xbox One since they match now but I'm not sure how that'll work yet. I wish the Xbox One could be vertical cause I would've had them stand beside each other.

I had that exact model, but the ex kept it. (Bitch) All well now I have the 7.1 model now. I love Onkyo.
I think I was hearing bad things about the 7.1, but I might be mistaken. I did a lot of reading on them before I bought it, reading reviews and forum posts, etc. I didn't want to end up with a headache on my hands. Besides the extra cost of the speaker cord spool and the cutting/splicing tool I had to buy it went perfectly.

That's the room you take a chick to AFTER you've nailed her. Won't have to deal with her anymore after that.
Other than apparently being in a parent's basement, I don't think the room is THAT bad. A geeky girl would accept it. I wouldn't take a girl who didn't have some interest in games or at least collecting things in there though.

All I can think of looking at that setup is how it would never work with little kids around :lol:.

I have to keep my systems 5 feet off the ground along with anything else on display. The exception is in my 13 year-old son's room. He has 4 Ikea bookshelves full of Halo stuff. Needless to say, the little kids (my 3 and 5 year-olds) are not allowed to enter there.

My 13 year-old is the only reason I'm getting an X1 at launch. Now after reading through this thread I'm thinking I'll sell the Day 1 controller as well. But then I'll have to get a regular one before Friday. He might want that controller, but, hey, he's getting a $500 console for no reason (pre-Christmas) so I think he'll live ;).

I think I was hearing bad things about the 7.1, but I might be mistaken. I did a lot of reading on them before I bought it, reading reviews and forum posts, etc. I didn't want to end up with a headache on my hands. Besides the extra cost of the speaker cord spool and the cutting/splicing tool I had to buy it went perfectly.
Well my subwoofer did die after two years, other than that it is perfect. Much louder than that one.

Ok sorry if this is an obvious question, but I just need some clarification here. Are there 2 different editions of the xbox one that will be released fri.  I.E. the day one special edition and just a regular non day one edition? 

Reason I ask is I pre ordered my xbox one at best buy back in june pretty much the day they started taking pre orders...and just tonight I happened to see a guy on craigslist selling his xbox one pre order and he had a pic of his best buy receipt....and the receipt said pre order Xbox One Day One Edition. So I looked at my pre order receipt and it does not say Day One Edition.

So should I be worried that my pre order won't be a day one? I remember asking someone at my best buy if the units they got in were the day one and if my pre order would be a day one edition, and they really didn't seem to know. Is there any way of checking?

Sorry I know this probably seems stupid....I'm just so excited for this and was really excited for the day one edition, I even pre ordered forza ryse and dead rising so I could get the day one editions of those, and am gonna pick up the special day one xbox live gold card lol.

Thx for any help guys!

That's the room you take a chick to AFTER you've nailed her. Won't have to deal with her anymore after that.
I actually lost my v-card to an insanely hot Suicide Girl in this basement last year so I don't know how bad of a repellent it is.

She was absolutely psycho though so...

Isn't being nerdy, but still normal the trendy thing these days. Being "awkward" is the cool thing now. I am very nonchalant when it comes to girls so without even trying to do It I end up kinda playing hard to get and that makes them talk to me more. I've never asked a girl out even. The Suicide Girl asked me out and so did the girl in 2011, who I dated for three months before we broke up cause she didn't want to make the first move and I wasn't doing it either cause honestly I had no idea what I was doing and was nervous when it got to escalating past making out.

The SG had no problem escalating it herself though lol. I suppose the few days we were together and the two places we went could be considered dates, but that was almost two years ago now too.

All I can think of looking at that setup is how it would never work with little kids around :lol:.

I have to keep my systems 5 feet off the ground along with anything else on display. The exception is in my 13 year-old son's room. He has 4 Ikea bookshelves full of Halo stuff. Needless to say, the little kids (my 3 and 5 year-olds) are not allowed to enter there.
I feel your pain. We had to pretty much box up anything we cared about. My daughter is a beast.

Speaking of protecting components from people... Wish I had a good solution for my rear speakers. I live in an apartment and the area behind my couch to the wall is fairly narrow. We had regular speaker stands back there but people kept knocking them over, eventually breaking the stands. Can't bolt the speakers to the wall, either. Anybody else has similar problems with speaker positioning?

Tell me about it, my 2 year old son loves to touch the touch sensitive buttons on the 360, PS3 and PS4. But he's getting better about it.

lol I've thought the same thing and it makes me glad, as always, not to have kids. I have a bunch more Halo stuff too (Halo 3 framed poster and Halo 4 framed poster in the foyer and a smaller art piece called "Ark Storm" framed on the wall by my bed between a school degree and a honor society plaque).

Your son sounds like the kind of son I would want, but will never have. He's got great taste.

I actually lost my v-card to an insanely hot Suicide Girl in this basement last year so I don't know how bad of a repellent it is.

She was absolutely psycho though so...

Isn't being nerdy, but still normal the trendy thing these days. Being "awkward" is the cool thing now. I am very nonchalant when it comes to girls so without even trying to do I end up kinda playing hard to get and that makes them talk to me more. I've never asked a girl out even. The Suicide Girl asked me out and so did the girl in 2011, who I dated for three months before we broke up cause she didn't want to make the first move and I wasn't doing it either cause honestly I had no idea what I was doing and was nervous when it got to escalating past making out.

The SG had no problem escalating it herself though lol. I suppose the few days we were together and the two places we went could be considered dates, but that was almost two years ago now too.
Didn't you say this is your first date since 2011? You're not pulling a Timbo and spewing bullshit are you? Like 40 year old virgin bags of sand type BS.

Neo said:
Your son sounds like the kind of son I would want, but will never have. He's got great taste.
I figured you'd identify with him - he's the prototypical 13 year-old Xbox fanboy ;). He hasn't touched the PS4 once since I got it Thursday night. Fortunately my soon-to-be 11 year-old son plays more of the games I like (mostly Sony/Nintendo stuff), so I still have someone to game with.

For the older one I'm getting the X1 and buying DR3 digitally (since I have over $100 in MS moneys on my account). After that, though, we probably won't buy another game until Destiny. I've personally never played a zombie game of any sort before but I guess I ought to give DR3 a shot at least. I am SO SO far behind on my 360 backlog though - still have to finish Borderlands 2 and all the DLC and start Skyrim among many others. So I see my Xbox gaming time for quite a while still being on the 360. That's why I wouldn't have gotten the X1 now if it weren't for my son.

He actually has been gaming much less the last few months and getting back into playing guitar. He wants a bass for Christmas. I'm pretty happy about that switch as he was gaming a little too much prior to that. That's kind of why I don't mind getting him the X1 at this point - as a sort of reward (plus of course I got it cheap thanks to trade-ins).

Didn't you say this is your first date since 2011? You're not pulling a Timbo and spewing bullshit are you? Like 40 year old virgin bags of sand type BS.
The SG and I basically didn't go anywhere though and she wasn't my girlfriend. I only knew her for six days. The first time we met I picked her up (we met online on a message board) and she didn't want to go anywhere cause she said she gets harassed a lot by guys at bars and stuff. She ended up staying over two nights in a row then, so our first day was nearly 48 hours long, and then she stayed over two more nights and then I only saw her one more time after that. I guess those could be counted as dates, but I count a date as something where two people actually go somewhere and not just sit in the basement and drink two bottles of wine all night.

She did introduce me to Workaholics via the Xbox 360's Netflix app though and I've watched that as I go to sleep every night since February 2012, so I am grateful for that (and the other stuff we opened my eyes too ;) )

g36o.jpg

ncyj.jpg

Sorry to get off-topic, but I'm just saying that even though I love my Xbox (and cats) very much and am loyal to them, I have experienced enough of other stuff to not regret how I live my life for the most part. I get out there when I feel like it. We took those pictures to prove to the message board we met on that we had met up. The board is an off-shoot of an infamous Gamefaqs board. I'm surprised no one from there as recognized me from there yet but maybe no one from there has ever come into this thread. I was known as I am here, and then some other people who knew her realized we lived by each other and she asked me to hang out right away and it was a crazy time from there on out.

lol, I think we might not get a reply from him for a bit..
That's funny because this girl I just posted pictures of reminds me a lot of the Halo 4 Cortana model. I don't know if it shows in those pictures, but they had a similar face in a way, at least to me. Body was similar too, but maybe I'm just crazy. They were both "rampant" so there's that similarity too. We ended up "breaking up" after six days of knowing each other cause I got tired of her going insane literally every 12-24 hours and absolutely hating me, but then telling me she loved me and I was the best person she had ever met. She told me she loved me within eight hours of knowing me and asked me to move to Vegas with her...

I figured you'd identify with him - he's the prototypical 13 year-old Xbox fanboy ;). He hasn't touched the PS4 once since I got it Thursday night. Fortunately my soon-to-be 11 year-old son plays more of the games I like (mostly Sony/Nintendo stuff), so I still have someone to game with.

For the older one I'm getting the X1 and buying DR3 digitally (since I have over $100 in MS moneys on my account). After that, though, we probably won't buy another game until Destiny. I've personally never played a zombie game of any sort before but I guess I ought to give DR3 a shot at least. I am SO SO far behind on my 360 backlog though - still have to finish Borderlands 2 and all the DLC and start Skyrim among many others. So I see my Xbox gaming time for quite a while still being on the 360. That's why I wouldn't have gotten the X1 now if it weren't for my son.

He actually has been gaming much less the last few months and getting back into playing guitar. He wants a bass for Christmas. I'm pretty happy about that switch as he was gaming a little too much prior to that. That's kind of why I don't mind getting him the X1 at this point - as a sort of reward (plus of course I got it cheap thanks to trade-ins).
That is awesome. I like to stay young at heart and get excited about stuff like I did when I was a kid and make things special in my own way, which I still do a damn good job of. Seems you encourage that in your kids as well with all the goodies they have. :)

Lol you dont look anything like what you post would suggest. 

Another thing to prove my point about judging people based off of their interests. 

The SG and I basically didn't go anywhere though and she wasn't my girlfriend. I only knew her for six days. The first time we met I picked her up (we met online on a message board) and she didn't want to go anywhere cause she said she gets harassed a lot by guys at bars and stuff. She ended up staying over two nights in a row then, so our first day was nearly 48 hours long, and then she stayed over two more nights and then I only saw her one more time after that. I guess those could be counted as dates, but I count a date as something where two people actually go somewhere and not just sit in the basement and drink two bottles of wine all night.
I'd defo classify that as dating, even if it was a short lived fling.

Lol you dont look anything like what you post would suggest.

Another thing to prove my point about judging people based off of their interests.
100% agree, not a bad looking kid, should be able to pull some tail no prob. And not a bad fling in the pics either, would defo hit that for 6 days. lol

The site.  She was voted Suicide Girl of the Year like a month before I met her by some guy website and I think she's won it again since.

I figured everyone knew what I looked like already due to my hilarious Xbox One Truck gif from a little over three weeks ago:

zi1.gif

Alright, I'm as guilty as the rest for the late night way off-topic discussion, but I think we need to cool it a bit. We're veering WAY off course now ;).

48hr and u did what????
Watched a lot of Netflix on the Xbox 360, that's for sure. She loved Netflix and was pretty excited about watching it on a 60 inch with surround sound instead of her laptop. We spent a lot of time just doing that and snuggling by each other. Before she got real vile with me, I could tell how much she appreciated who I was (simple, innocent guy who was honest and open about whatever) and I was very happy to have her in my life too. She was pretty messed up due to her childhood and stuff and I think she started to get scared by change and pushed me away and went back to always being alone and just camming online for money (which she made plenty of doing so). I have zero idea what she's up to anymore but I'm going to be optimistic for once and hope she's gotten a bit better in the head and in her life. I'm not some perfectly sane person either but she had several diagnosed issues going on.

I don't think most girls have a stigma against video games anymore though. The ones who would judge me based on that are the kind that are pretty annoying anyway so I wouldn't even bother with them. I could understand them having an issue with me living with my mom but that's just the way it is right now. I worked from the day I turned 16 and helped out with the bills in a big way for years when no one else would have ever dreamed of "paying rent" especially to parents. Then once I got two years into my four year degree and started going to the university my mom said I could quit my job of nearly 9 years and focus on school, so now she lets me live here free and I get by on the aforementioned plasma donations I do. Her and I are the only family we have and we've always been close and gotten along real well, so even though I do understand the stigma against it in western society, I am not ashamed of it either and if someone has an issue with it then they can go away cause I literally don't care and I will move out when it makes sense to financially, not just cause society expects me to go waste several hundred on rent in a crappy apartment or something.

We're in for an exciting week though. Can someone post that schedule again for IGN or wherever? The embargo for the Xbox One hardware is up on Tuesday but I can't remember what is on Monday.

We're in for an exciting week though. Can someone post that schedule again for IGN or wherever? The embargo for the Xbox One hardware is up on Tuesday but I can't remember what is on Monday.
  • Dead Rising 3
  • Killer Instinct
  • LocoCycle
  • Crimson Dragon
  • Powerstar Golf
  • Zoo Tycoon
reviews are up in 3 hours

Sorry I'm copy/pasting this from a phone app. I'll try and clean it up a little.

Monday, November 18 at 6am PT/9am ET
Dead Rising 3
Killer Instinct
LocoCycle
Crimson Dragon
Powerstar Golf
Zoo Tycoon (pre-review impressions)

Tuesday, November 19 at 9pm PT/11:59pm ET
Xbox One hardware/platform (review in progress; full review will be available after the full console launch on November 22)

Wednesday, November 20 at 6am PT/9am ET
Forza Motorsport 5

Thursday, November 21 at 3am PT/6am ET
Ryse: Son of Rome

Friday, November 22
Zoo Tycoon (delayed due to multiplayer being unavailable before launch)

How long have they had the consoles, like two weeks at least?  I don't get why a full review has to be post-launch...

bread's done
Back