Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

I just expected that they would be like their competitor, though. I know what the Xbox One comes with, so I can understand the $500 price, but for public relations it just seems bad when the cheaper system comes out, and has discounts on their games. I guess you're right, though. Maybe they're confident in their titles. I'm still buying Ryse, Dead Rising 3 and Forza 5, but a Buy One (or Two) and Get One Free would have really helped me personally with the expense of it.
Well with bestbuy I am happy as I have managed to get one better than a
buy two get one" do to a mix of promotions.

Personally I ordered AC4, Ryse Day One, and Forza 5 Day One ed (they were sold out of Dead Rising 3 Day One Ed online x.x)

The way I worked it is that since I am GCU, thar right there made all 3 only $150 after tax.

They are running a buy 3 select Xbox One Titles, Get $25 in RZ Certs (good as cash to me, I will be buying all my games from BB for 20% off from GCU).

Then I get the $10 RZ cert for preordering AC4 ontop of that.

After tax and everything it comes down to around $115 if I count the reward certs against the cost.

On the xbox one games seems they're getting pretty good scores..I have a feeling Ryse was held as it's going to get 5-6's :(
I think people need to actually look at it themselves, have you watched any of the videos? Seen any of the gameplay trailers?

I mean people saying that for the most part go "Oh well I saw a 5 second clip, not for me. It's just a god of war wannabe."

Seriously though it actually looks very good. Graphically and gameplay wise.

I am guessing it will be 8+.

It won't be game of the year (knock on wood) but it will still do VERY well.

So, I am trying to decide on which day I should camp. If I go on Thursday, arrive at about 6:00pm, would I be safe for a console at midnight? And on Friday, if I got to Target (opens at 8am) at 5:00am, do you think that would be alright? I have never done a console launch day before, so I am just wondering.
Depends on where you are going and how many units they have available for sale. Most Best Buys had 25+ units of the PS4 available last week and people where showing up at literally 11:45 in the Chicagoland area and walking away with one at midnight. Now, for some reason Walmarts had 15-20 units and people were lining up at around 8pm. Now Target you will have to go to earlier because they will not open until 8am and more people seem to wake up early and lineup. I know all the local stores by me that did not have a midnight launch were seeing their system supply accounted for by 4-5 hours before they were opening.

I'm liking the new cases. I got NBA today, even though I have a copy for the PS4. X1 game cases are edgier and side of the case art has a gray background. Gonna have to get used to the disc on the left, though. This week is going to be great. Got Ghosts, BF4, Madden, Dead Rising, Controller, Ryse, and Forza coming in. 

I think I am going to go to Gamestop right after work on Thursday at around 3:30 and wait until 6:00 PM. Hopefully those 2.5 hours online gets me a console. 

I hope to grab CoD: Ghosts, Ryse, and Dead Rising 3.

A couple from what a manager friend told me.  Not too many though.

I am planning on eyeballing the line at BB.  Money was too tight to get BOTH PS4 and XB1 but I've rectified that.

I really want the day one edition even though I didn't pre-order it.

The target guy said that they got only Day one pre-orders and the rest were standards. I know its impossible but it would be sweet as :censored:  if only preorders got day ones.

Not surprising that Crimson Dragon, LocoCycle and Zoo Tycoon are getting bad reviews. They all looked pretty mediocre.
How is anyone reviewing Zoo Tycoon?

The game isn't even complete until it gets the patch on the 22nd

Just looked, Zoo Tycoon is averaging a 70

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple from what a manager friend told me. Not too many though.

I am planning on eyeballing the line at BB. Money was too tight to get BOTH PS4 and XB1 but I've rectified that.

Yeah I am really hoping for a day one edition too. Going to be a stressful Thursday night/Friday morning.

I look at reviews for any game I'm paying above $20. If it is below that, I don't mind giving it a try.
I'm the same way, games are expensive an I like to have an idea of what it's like before I plunk down the cash for it. The reviews for x1 games are what I expected so far, nothing really great just good. However, Crimson Dragon kinda surprised me a little. I thought that game would get better scores. I do expect Forza to review well, I think it will be the best launch game available. Can't wait to play that one on Friday.

Well be prepared to be let down.

My local Best Buys got 10 extras each, and none of them are day ones.

This is in comparison to 50 extra PS4s they each had. 

Good luck to you though 

best buy people are being told to hold systems for 8 days that is right from their corp office. i still have not decided if im going to midnight or not. if i would decided to pick it up friday and my day one was sold i will not be happy.

I completely agree with Gears. I have a strong feeling Judgement killed it. I think had they waited to release it as a launch Xbox One game that would have been amazing, though all of their architecture is based on the 360 from all of the past games so that transition is much easier said than done.

In terms of the gaming prices I am not really surprised. Microsoft has always been very confident and I am sure that is the case here. They do not want to devalue their merchandise just as it comes out. Would I LOVE a b2g1 on X1 games? Of course. Am I surprised there probably wont be judging by Microsoft's track record however? Of course not.
I agree that Gears Judgement really hurt the franchise. It was just so half assed, and with Cliffy B and Rod Fergusson leaving Epic they lost two key people who made gears one of the most important series on the 360. That said, if they did a full next gen Gears title from the ground up I'd be all in on that as long as they scrapped everything that they 'added' for Judgement.

I agree that Gears Judgement really hurt the franchise. It was just so half assed, and with Cliffy B and Rod Fergusson leaving Epic they lost two key people who made gears one of the most important series on the 360. That said, if they did a full next gen Gears title from the ground up I'd be all in on that as long as they scrapped everything that they 'added' for Judgement.
Somehow, I can see them doing a Gears reboot for this gen. I skipped Judgement, even when the price fell like a rock. I had the best experience with the Horde mode on Gears 3.

best buy people are being told to hold systems for 8 days that is right from their corp office. i still have not decided if im going to midnight or not. if i would decided to pick it up friday and my day one was sold i will not be happy.
Yea, they told me 8 days tonight too. I want to go at midnight, but any time I went for a game release it was a disaster at BB. I'm hoping they sorted out the issues they have had in the past but I'm not holding my breath. The gaming rep said tonight that the PS4 launch went very quick and they got out a bunch of systems in the first 10 minutes, but can't say I'm convinced that I wont show up there and still be trying to pickup my pre-order at 12:30...

A couple from what a manager friend told me. Not too many though.

I am planning on eyeballing the line at BB. Money was too tight to get BOTH PS4 and XB1 but I've rectified that.

I traded all my 360 and ps3 games in and got enough gift cards to get an Xbox one. Now I get both also. :)

I picked up the X1 controller today.  Really like it.  The bumpers do seem a bit oddly placed but without being able to use it with a game it's tough to say.  The face buttons remind me of the original s controller.  The sticks and triggers feel really solid.

Maybe I'll just go to Gamestop at about 6PM, wait until midnight and ask the guy about my chances. If they're not good, I will just retry for the morning. 

You guys think Best Buy will get anymore Dead Rising Day One Editions on launch day? For some reason that's the only one you can't get still.

i don't think it's unreasonable to expect to be able to go into a store on launch day and get a day one console (if anything). i mean, i'm buying it on day one. of course, preorders should get priority.

I would check your local walmarts. 2 of the stores by me had 3-5 preorder slots left over for xbox one. this was last week. those same stores had a handful of ps4 too back before it was released.

Just a heads up, some of the games aren't available for pre-orders in store or in-store pick up anymore, so you will have to get them shipped if you want them for sure, which might make it so you get them after launch.

What $30 coupon???

Yea, they told me 8 days tonight too. I want to go at midnight, but any time I went for a game release it was a disaster at BB. I'm hoping they sorted out the issues they have had in the past but I'm not holding my breath. The gaming rep said tonight that the PS4 launch went very quick and they got out a bunch of systems in the first 10 minutes, but can't say I'm convinced that I wont show up there and still be trying to pickup my pre-order at 12:30...
For PS4 I was done working by 12:45 AM. Went very quick for a console launch. Have faith.

What time is Gamestop finalizing the receipts and everything for xbox? I have to work the midnight launch at Best Buy and trying to strategize when to head over and get a number or whatever for when I get off BB. I've preordered a console already. Just want to make it simple.

What time is Gamestop finalizing the receipts and everything for xbox? I have to work the midnight launch at Best Buy and trying to strategize when to head over and get a number or whatever for when I get off BB. I've preordered a console already. Just want to make it simple.
They told me 6pm Thursday night.

I'm waiting to go until Friday morning. Screw waiting in line. I preordered to avoid lines.

Well I had planned on picking up Dead Rising 3 Day One at Best Buy but I got panicky and just decided to order it off of Amazon. 

6pm as mentioned. you will get your line number. they suggest going back around 1130 to pay stuff off if you have not yet. they hope to just hand the consoles with everyone having paid earlier.

6pm as mentioned. you will get your line number. they suggest going back around 1130 to pay stuff off if you have not yet. they hope to just hand the consoles with everyone having paid earlier.
Same as how Best Buy is doing it except starting later. Just hoping they are open so I can run over to grab my console as we finish up. I always feel weird going in to gamestop in my best buy garb.

I picked up the X1 controller today. Really like it. The bumpers do seem a bit oddly placed but without being able to use it with a game it's tough to say. The face buttons remind me of the original s controller. The sticks and triggers feel really solid.
I went out to BB tonight to trade in a bunch of my 360/PS3 games (got $212 toward my eventual PS4 purchase) and I bought an XB1 controller. I agree with everything you said about it. Man, I can not wait to put it to use with some games on Friday. I'm starting to feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas.

Anyone intrested in a Dead Rising 3 stream heres one going on now... http://www.twitch.tv/newgameplustv

bread's done
Back