Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

Thanks phantomfriar2002 for info.

After years of problems with UPS, Amazon ships a majority of my stuff via Fedex. Fedex arrives around 1-2pm, which UPS arrives around 8-9pm, if it does show up. My PS4 came via Fedex.

My Amazon order doesn't say "Day One Edition" either but if you click on the product in the order invoice, it goes to the Day One Edition page. I had chatted with a rep back in the summer time and he assured me it was the Day One Edition (I ordered like you on June 10 within minutes of it doing live).

I also have the Not Yet Shipped status, though I did receive the email (as I believe everyone did) about making sure your shipping address is correct. I'm not worried about it -- though I do expect it to be shipped UPS. Weren't the PS4's shipped out UPS as well?

Thanks phantomfriar2002 for info.

After years of problems with UPS, Amazon ships a majority of my stuff via Fedex. Fedex arrives around 1-2pm, which UPS arrives around 8-9pm, if it does show up. My PS4 came via Fedex.
Your lucky.. wish I could force them to Ship FedEX somehow..

My day one from June is in preparing to ship phase. Like peeps are saying, it will get there friday. I'm gonna hold this one at facility to get early for my cousin. I'm picking up his BB one at midnight.

36 hours!!!!! (Central time)

I will be attempting to get my package redirected to the UPS facility. They never come until 7pm and I have all of Friday off.
I did this via MyUPS for my PS4, and I plan to do the same with the XB1.

As soon as my Amazon order displayed a tracking number, I immediately logged into MyUPS and requested a hold at my nearby facility. When I got there in the morning, they had to look for it but they worked out in the end. Got the console in the AM :) It's free to redirect it back to the facility. I think you can redirect too without a MyUPS login? But it's kind of nice since the companion app for my phone also gets updated with any new packages shipping to my address.

Just paid off the remaining balance of my Xbox One preorder with Amazon GCs and a majority of my Forza 5 LE preorder.

EDIT: ...and my console now has a delivery estimate of Tuesday...

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon still has my Day One Edition as "Not Shipped"...

EDIT: Placed the order on June 10th, if anybody is wondering.

guyver2077 call CS next time there is a problem (make sure there is an example) and demand to speak to a Supervisor, also make sure it is a US Customer Service Rep and tell them your problem and ask for them to prioritize your shipping method. They will move UPS to the bottom of the available shippers for you. You will get them sometimes, but not as often anymore.

Hope this helps.

Your lucky.. wish I could force them to Ship FedEX somehow..

Amazon still has my Day One Edition as "Not Shipped"...

EDIT: Placed the order on June 10th, if anybody is wondering.
Fret not. They ship in waves based on your location relative to distro center. My PS4 shipped at 1AM on Friday and arrived on release day as promised.

guyver2077 call CS next time there is a problem (make sure there is an example) and demand to speak to a Supervisor, also make sure it is a US Customer Service Rep and tell them your problem and ask for them to prioritize your shipping method. They will move UPS to the bottom of the available shippers for you. You will get them sometimes, but not as often anymore.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the tip...

I don't think they are intentionally holding anything. I'm sure they are would rather get the paid s/h orders out first. Makes business sense to me. If I were Amazon I'd much rather focus on the customers who PAID to get there items in a specific time frame.

You guys who say "I'm done with Amazon..." crack me up. Go preorder from Newegg and see when your order arrives.
I got my PS4 Pre-Order on Tuesday morning from Newegg. $4.99 Shipping and Tax Free. Nothing wrong with that. A lot of the times thier Free Shipping orders, I get the next day.

That being said, they definately borked the XB1 pre-orders with the no Day One Editions, and no communication about it, which is why I switched to Amazon for this.

Amazon does hold orders at least a week with the Free Shipping option, in my experience. Was never like this in the past. Then again, Free Shipping used to be $25 too...Sign of the Times.

My Amazon order doesn't say "Day One Edition" either but if you click on the product in the order invoice, it goes to the Day One Edition page. I had chatted with a rep back in the summer time and he assured me it was the Day One Edition (I ordered like you on June 10 within minutes of it doing live).

I also have the Not Yet Shipped status, though I did receive the email (as I believe everyone did) about making sure your shipping address is correct. I'm not worried about it -- though I do expect it to be shipped UPS. Weren't the PS4's shipped out UPS as well?
Yes it was shipped UPS.

Oh I forget that today is Wednesday.  My PS4 didn't go to preparing to ship until the day before.  It still seems odd that new orders would ship before preorders.

Digging Ryse more now that I've watched the video on IGN.  Maybe it won't be that bad??  I'm desperately trying to finish Killzone:SF today so when I go with this weeks steal coupon at GS tomorrow I can pay off Ryse and my Zelda 3ds.  Itching for another X1 game, but can't decide between NFS:Rivals, NBA 2K14, or Battlefield 3.  Why the F couldn't there have been a B2G1 this week. 

I'm expecting an average review... both guys on the video feed right now said they both have different opinions of the game so I guess it will go somewhere in the middle.

I switched from 2-day shipping to 1-day and the estimated delivery is now the launch date (Amazon).

Think I could get that waived by support? 2-day shipping was already supposed to get it delivered on launch, so I'm basically paying more than I should have, but I was just fidgeting with shipping and now an error is occurring.

Manged to snag one after trying 5 times, then I used one-click to get it. Prime 2 day shipping should be here Friday from what the confirmation email said. Good thing I have to burn a PTO day Friday....maybe I will go pick out a new TV. Costco has a 60 inch that is calling my name.

Manged to snag one after trying 5 times, then I used one-click to get it. Prime 2 day shipping should be here Friday from what the confirmation email said. Good thing I have to burn a PTO day Friday....maybe I will go pick out a new TV. Costco has a 60 inch that is calling my name.
How much I the 60in ? I'm in the market for one as well :)

I'm in the same boat, although my estimated delivery date changed from 11/22 to 11/26 once I applied a GC to pay the remaining balance.
That's what happened to me with my order from this morning. With two-day shipping, it was showing Friday for delivery. After I applied $300 in GC, it bumped it back to Tuesday. I contacted Amazon about it and all they could tell me was it has to do with the massive amount of orders they were dealing with and I most likely would not get it until Tuesday. He did credit me the full shipping amount, though.

I'm not too mad. I can wait a few extra days - I'm just glad I was able to get a Day One being this late in the game.

I ordered on June 10th the moment it went up on Amazon and I'm at Not Yet Shipped still as well.  I picked One-Day Shipping back then as well and it cost me $3.99 to do that.  I was hoping it would give me a slight possible chance at getting it early, but it seems now that it might just ensure that I get it at all this week.

I'm just glad there's no snowstorms or anything going on right now that I know of.  That would make this all even more of a confusing, possibly delayed, situation.  I'm in Minnesota so I was sometimes worried some blizzard would happen this week and jack it all up.

How much I the 60in ? I'm in the market for one as well :)
I don't recall the specifics :( . They have a few brands in the 60-65 inch that were 750-1000+ depending on the brand and if you get a 3-d one or not.

Plus if I get it with my American Express card I get a 3 year warrenty (1year manufactors, 1 year from costco, and 1 year from american express) for no extra, not to mention some cash back.

I'm in the same boat, although my estimated delivery date changed from 11/22 to 11/26 once I applied a GC to pay the remaining balance.
Mine is still estimated to arrive on the 22nd. Hopefully it'll stay that way. Haha.

Fret not. They ship in waves based on your location relative to distro center. My PS4 shipped at 1AM on Friday and arrived on release day as promised.
Oh, nice. Thanks for the heads up.

Just picked up Ghosts and my gamestop manager hooked me up with some SWAG!  He gave me an Xbox One T-Shirt, a controller keychain, and a Forza 5 Lanyard.  Can't wait for tomorrow night!!

If you still have your estimated delivery date as 11/25 or 11/26, if you chose 2-day shipping, try to pick 1-day shipping instead. My order was scheduled for 11/26 at 2-day shipping and I did that, which changed it to 11/22 (launch). For me, 1-day shipping is $18 instead of 8 for 2-day, so you can contact support. I chatted with somebody and he was able to waive 10 dollars off the shipping (1-day shipping for $8 exactly, with delivery on 11/22).

honestly man I would try to contact a different chat agent. I just got my one day release date shipping waived. So I am not paying for shipping and it is coming on Friday

Okay so here is what I said in the chat:

Yeah when I placed the order it told me to
It told me to select two day shipping to receive it Fridat
Friday*
but when I select two day shipping it shows Tuesday delivery
So essentially it is forcing me to pay 20 dollars to receive it Friday, although it said two day would be here release day
others who have ordered the console this mroning at 5 am when it went live said they chose two day shipping and are receiving it friday
so I am wondering what the discrepancy is and why it is forcing me to pay more

yes, but when I placed the order it told me that I would need t oselect two day shipping to receive it on Friday. And others who ordered this morning selected two day shipping and were getting friday delivery estimates
for me however, the only way i was getting a friday delivery was with one day shipping
which of course is 20 dollars
that was the discrepancy I wanted to contact about

i also mentioned how the product page guaranteed delivery on release day. I was super nice about it and was friendly, and they took care of it.
You were right! I changed it to one day shipping for $7.99 which I thought it was ok. But after u posted this, I contacted amazon thru chat and the refunded the shipping. AWSOME! Thank you!!

Yeah, I wouldn't worry yet. My PS4 didn't ship until like 7pm Thursday night. My Xbox that shipped today is going normal UPS Ground. They probably do it in waves based on your location. I'd only worry if it shows a date besides the 22nd :(

Just picked up Ghosts and my gamestop manager hooked me up with some SWAG! He gave me an Xbox One T-Shirt, a controller keychain, and a Forza 5 Lanyard. Can't wait for tomorrow night!!
Congrats, man. Wish the GameStops around here were that cool... For the most part, they're all pricks.

If you still have your estimated delivery date as 11/25 or 11/26, if you chose 2-day shipping, try to pick 1-day shipping instead. My order was scheduled for 11/26 at 2-day shipping and I did that, which changed it to 11/22 (launch). For me, 1-day shipping is $18 instead of 8 for 2-day, so you can contact support. I chatted with somebody and he was able to waive 10 dollars off the shipping (1-day shipping for $8 exactly, with delivery on 11/22).
I have Prime, will that make a difference?

I have a few games and controllers that  havent shipped from Amazon. I wouldnt worry too much. They usually come through.

I don't recall the specifics :( . They have a few brands in the 60-65 inch that were 750-1000+ depending on the brand and if you get a 3-d one or not.

Plus if I get it with my American Express card I get a 3 year warrenty (1year manufactors, 1 year from costco, and 1 year from american express) for no extra, not to mention some cash back.
Thanks for the reply! Hmmmm I could swing 750 for a 60in. ....

Yeah, I wouldn't worry yet. My PS4 didn't ship until like 7pm Thursday night. My Xbox that shipped today is going normal UPS Ground. They probably do it in waves based on your location. I'd only worry if it shows a date besides the 22nd :(
Mine says 22nd still but other people have had their thing updated and then pushed back. I have a Google Chrome extension "monitoring" the order details page for any changes every four minutes. An alarm will go off when it changes on their end.

I think I'm going to go throw up... I was up until almost 6am organizing my basement for the Xbox One finally (like five hour process and there's more to do) so maybe I'll go do more of that. I skipped both of my classes today and thus lost 100 points in one of those classes. Probably won't change the grade I was going to get anyway. I never miss school and always do well but I just couldn't deprive myself of that much sleep at this critical time in history.

bread's done
Back