Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

considering he clearly claimed he was rushing through the campaign. he obvioulsly isnt grinding for trophies.

Not gonna lie I did the same thing with "The Last of Us" I played and thought the game was going to be amazing from the opening scene...13 hours later I realized I just got tricked into playing Ladder Simulator 2013. They should of made this a TV series or a movie, it would of been amazing.
see above

thats a horrible excuse. when i played nier after an hour of playing that shitty game i realised it wasnt getting better so i traded to soe dope that didnt know any better. if nothing changes why continue for 13 hrs? seems like a goof on your part.
It was, people just raved about it like it was the second coming of gaming Jesus who gave us a gift in the form of "The last of Us" but I just could not get into it at all. After a few weeks later I got my hands on Tales of Xillia I forgot all about it...i was obsessed with that game it was so good.

Angry Joe is a scumbag, I am personally glad Geoff Keighly and Larry both put that idiot in his place. Hopefully he gets shunned by the rest of the gaming media so he can no longer attend events.

He creates controversy for views and subscriptions. I'm over the whole gamers who have a YouTube channel and contribute nothing to the industry thinking their opinion actually matters, it doesn't. Any mouth breathing untalented asshole with a webcam can do what he does....the guys just loves attention, plain and simple. And gamers sadly give in to him, why I do not know.
Angry Joe is definitely a scumbag. And Major Nelson had every right to put him in his place. But we did find out that it was fairly "simple" to turn off the DRM stuff...especially when it became a major selling point for the competition.

My comment had nothing to do with PS4 but thank you.
Yeah Timbo is just ragging on Sony in an attempt to gain favor with Microsoft CAGs in a Microsoft thread, zero respect to this clown.

unlike sony ms has to deal with launch in u.s and u.k on the same day but again i trust microsoft when it comes to servers
Yeah because all regions pull data down off the same servers.. genius.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah Timbo is just ragging on Sony in an attempt to gain favor with Microsoft CAGs in a Microsoft thread, zero respect to this clown.

im not ragging on sony at all we all seen the issues sony psn had for awhile on launch day. it's very possible starting tonight live has issues which im sure it will. But you would at least hope not seeing ms is making a big deal out of having 300 k servers.

Don't forget that Angry Joe was a huge, rude asshole to Larry the first time they met so his patience probably wasn't that high to begin with.

Gamefly ended up coming through and shipped me both Ryse and NFS: Rivals. So I'll have for launch:

Ryse

Need for Speed: Rivals

NBA 2K14

Forza 5

Battlefield 4

Dead Rising 3

Killer Instinct

That is amazing.
WHOA,GF is also shipping me Ryse and need for speed,good choices!

I'll Have:

Ryse (GF)

Rivals(GF)

DR3

BF4

Ghosts

Just dance

FIFA

KI

This should hold me over till titanfall for sure :)

all servers sooner or later bounce back to one main server GENIUS if you know how internet works you would understand that GENIUS

Think they will sell 1 million consoles worldwide?
They will sell however many consoles are on the shelves tomorrow. If they produced and distribute 1 million then yes, they will sell a million. The word on the web is that they did not produce as many as Sony did (Could be kinect, could be manufacturing complications, ect ect.) so I would expect less then a million, but I am sure whatever they did make will be sold out.

I have never owned anything xbox, except a few flipped games, but I'm switching over completely to one because I'm not the same lone gamer I was when I got a ps3. I have 2 kids who will geek out for zoo tycoon and a wife I can watch Zumba while I game hardcore in off hours. Only thing that might bring me back to ps4 would be Naughty Dog games and Ratchet. So we'll see when those come around but I don't have the time for 2 systems.

They will sell however many consoles are on the shelves tomorrow. If they produced and distribute 1 million then yes, they will sell a million. The word on the web is that they did not produce as many as Sony did (Could be kinect, could be manufacturing complications, ect ect.) so I would expect less then a million, but I am sure whatever they did make will be sold out.
stores are holding back stock of both systems for black friday next week also

'Track' the package and it'll show up on your account.
I continuously just get sent right back to the regular UPS site, I have tried this 10 or so times now. Not sure if it's a problem on their end of what, but it is damn near impossible to request for Will Call.

He represents a major company though. Someone that is in his position (especially PR) should always keep their cool. If this was something you didn't agree with (or a company you didn't like), would you still side with how he acted?
I actually hated what MS was doing at the time and was siding with Angry Joe, but I didn't think Larry did anything wrong either.

how do you know that? Sony sold more pre-orders than xbox one in a 4:1 ratio.

People were able to pre-order xbox one until few weeks ago, while the ps4 has been sold out for a while.

It think the demand for xbox is not as high as for the ps4, and I don't think they would sell as much as ps4 sold regardless of availability (at least based on the pre-orders).

I hope it does not do well so they cut down the price or remove the kinect from the bundle and I can buy it sooner :baby:

People were able to pre-order xbox one until few weeks ago, while the ps4 has been sold out for a while.

It think the demand for xbox is not as high as for the ps4, and I don't think they would sell as much as ps4 sold regardless of availability (at least based on the pre-orders).

I hope it does not do well so they cut down the price or remove the kinect from the bundle and I can buy it sooner :baby:
again pre orders don't = sales i really would love to see how many pre orders of ps4 became legit sales no way xbone only sells 200 k unites this week

Kinect won't be removed. It shouldn't be. That's the only way it'll ever have a chance to flourish.

Also, the PS4 didn't sell out in too many place. I live in Albuquerque and last I checked I can freely go buy one at any Best Buy in a couple hundred miles around me. The only thing the Xbox has is that people want that Day One edition, which may spark the sales a little more, but that's it.

Also, the PS4 didn't sell out in too many place. I live in Albuquerque and last I checked I can freely go buy one at any Best Buy in a couple hundred miles around me.
thats a joke right? ive been in clovis for a month and there are none anywhere close to here..

I just called an MS Store near me and they said they had "no way of knowing" how many Xbox One's they had. 

You think if I went after work (around 5) and stood in line that I would have a chance of getting one? I have no idea how much extra stock they have and apparently their employees are withholding that information

amen bro. thats the reason i sold my preorder. i want the system to be succesful though. im a big halo fan
That is the way I think as well. I am buying a xbox not matter what. The question is just when should I buy it (and that is based on games and price mainly).

Well, Microsoft already went back and change several shitty decisions before, so I guess they might just do the same in terms of kinect. Kinect is NOT essential, and should not be mandatory to everyone. Period. this just limits the amount of buyers that don't want to pay extra 100 bucks on the accessory.

I just called an MS Store near me and they said they had "no way of knowing" how many Xbox One's they had.

You think if I went after work (around 5) and stood in line that I would have a chance of getting one? I have no idea how much extra stock they have and apparently their employees are withholding that information
I thought I read somewhere that MS Stores would have non-preorder stock at most locations, which would make sense.

That is a tough call though, 5pm-12am is a long time to wait!

That is the way I think as well. I am buying a xbox not matter what. The question is just when should I buy it (and that is based on games and price mainly).

Well, Microsoft already went back and change several shitty decisions before, so I guess they might just do the same in terms of kinect. Kinect is NOT essential, and should not be mandatory to everyone. Period. this just limits the amount of buyers that don't want to pay extra 100 bucks on the accessory.
I prefer that they limit buyers and maximize developers then.

By having the Kinect mandatory, that is what will push developers to come up with real, innovative uses for that technology. EVERYONE has the Kinect so devs are not limiting their pool by doing that. Once Microsoft innevitabely releases a non-Kinect version I feel like we will see a drop in Kinect features/improvements. Why develop for something that not everyone with the console can play?

Xbox One will no doubt sell as well as the PS4. Despite the problems and controversy it has had prior to launch the system still has a really strong brand name. Not to mention it has a lot of really good looking launch games.

By having the Kinect mandatory, that is what will push developers to come up with real, innovative uses for that technology. EVERYONE has the Kinect so devs are not limiting their pool by doing that. Once Microsoft innevitabely releases a non-Kinect version I feel like we will see a drop in Kinect features/improvements. Why develop for something that not everyone with the console can play?
This is a good example. NOBODY is going to develop for the PS4 Camera since they didn't pack it in, and you can bet the sales market for it will be REALLY tiny.

amen bro. thats the reason i sold my preorder. i want the system to be succesful though. im a big halo fan
This is where I disagree, it's been shown time and time again if it's an add-on or some sort of peripheral that isn't necessary it's not going to succeed.

I don't know MS plans with the Kinect but if they want to fully utilize, have it integrated and be supported by developers they need to show that they are 100% behind it. Whether or not this does increase the price tag and by how much, I don't really know but ultimately it's your choice if you want to buy the system.

This is why I'm glad it's included vs just being an optional item, the possibilities of what can be done are endless whether it's small scale or large.

And Sony was able to handle a million new customers in 1 day with only a couple hiccups so Microsoft should be fine.
As someone who spent several hours trying to login to PSN from my new PS4 on Day 1, it felt like more than a hiccup at the time.

I will bet that in NA alone the Xbox one does NOT out sell the million the PS4 sold....  However they will sell more than a million because they are launching in 22 countries tomorrow and the PS4 only launched in NA

Those who pre-ordered yesterday and had there delivery estimate as either Monday or Tuesday what is the status of your order? Mine when I woke up 7ish had changed to Preorder/Preparing to ship, from yesterdays preorder/not yet shipped. Still have delivery estimate as Monday but really hoping to get lucky here and get it tomorrow.

I understand your point. If they really want to push the kinect, they should have eaten the cost of it and keep the same price of ps4. This is the price you have to pay to try to introduce something new to the market knowing that most of hardcore games do not agree with that mandatory accessory.

I am not sure how awesome the kinect can be, but not everyone would like to have it or play with it.

Microsoft wants to give us for free to try it? Great, bring it on. microsoft wants to charge me to see if they can make it happen?? :fridge:

stores are holding back stock of both systems for black friday next week also
Also, the PS4 didn't sell out in too many place. I live in Albuquerque and last I checked I can freely go buy one at any Best Buy in a couple hundred miles around me. The only thing the Xbox has is that people want that Day One edition, which may spark the sales a little more, but that's it.
lol @ PS4 not being sold out. As far as stores holding stock, not so much, Best Buy are holding peoples PS4 in store pick up preorders until Saturday morning, but it is believed that the reason Sony released on November 15 is so they had 2 weeks to replenish some stock for Black Friday. There is however rumor that Walmart will be holding over some Xbox Ones for black Friday.

I actually hated what MS was doing at the time and was siding with Angry Joe, but I didn't think Larry did anything wrong either.
Other than grabbing the mic from his hand, getting in his face and telling him they can't flip a switch only to flip a switch 2 days later, yeah Larry did nothing wrong.

X1 is going to sell out, no questions asked. Considering they have to manufacture more things (kinect mainly) I don't see them getting 1 million out the door.

Gotta give it to Sony, getting 1 million consoles out at launch is freaking amazing. 

x884.jpg

ye5w.png

Vegas has the odds on PS4 outselling XB1 over the Christmas season.  Those guys are plugged in.  If that's how they have the odds, then that's probably what's going to happen.  I'm just laughing that people can actually bet on that.

Hey guys quit talking about stupid crap and keep this thread open for questions like this

Is anyone else's amazon order still sitting at waiting to be picked up by carrier? Mine has been that way for 15 hours.

you don't understand thier thinking of xbox one if you did you would know high chance you never see a kinect less sku. It's very possible we see a package at like half the cost but with a sub you pay every month for live.

I understand your point. If they really want to push the kinect, they should have eaten the cost of it and keep the same price of ps4. This is the price you have to pay to try to introduce something new to the market knowing that most of hardcore games do not agree with that mandatory accessory.

I am not sure how awesome the kinect can be, but not everyone would like to have it or play with it.

Microsoft wants to give us for free to try it? Great, bring it on. microsoft wants to charge me to see if they can make it happen?? :fridge:
But why do both next-gen consoles have to cost the same? Do you remember the pricing difference between the 360 and the PS3 years ago?? Or even further back, the Xbox and PS2 or even the PS1 and the N64???

Pricing models are always slightly different and that has always been the case. I honestly feel like someone wanting that tech (Kinect) for free is just ridiculous. It is a quality product you are paying for and it comes with enough extra to warrant the price difference.

I find it hilarious that this a point being made by Sony fanboys (not calling you one per say but just a general thought) because did they all so quickly forget the INSANE asking price of the PS3 at release?? And that had nothing over the 360 in terms of hardware to even warrant such a price hike. The Kinect is at least a tangible and viable reason as to why the price would be more.

lol @ PS4 not being sold out. As far as stores holding stock, not so much, Best Buy are holding peoples in store pick up preorders until Saturday morning, but it is believed that the reason Sony released on November 15 is so they had 2 weeks to replensih some stock for Black Friday. There is however rumor that Walmart will be holding over some Xbox Ones for black Friday.

Other than grabbing the mic from his hand, getting in his face and telling him they can't flip a switch only to flip a switch 2 days later, yeah Larry did nothing wrong.
Its not quite as easy as "flipping a switch". They built their vision for their console from the ground up for years, they have had to put thousands of man hours into the OS and how they wanted it to work. Then after bad communication and a bad E3 conference they had to immediately begin over hauling the OS at a system level to get it to work for the few but very vocal people on the internet who either didn't understand their vision or did and wasn't interested in it. This had to take thousand of more man hours to get functional and I could easily see 60+ hour work weeks for the development team behind that.

But why do both next-gen consoles have to cost the same? Do you remember the pricing difference between the 360 and the PS3 years ago?? Or even further back, the Xbox and PS2 or even the PS1 and the N64???

Pricing models are always slightly different and that has always been the case. I honestly feel like someone wanting that tech (Kinect) for free is just ridiculous. It is a quality product you are paying for and it comes with enough extra to warrant the price difference.

I find it hilarious that this a point being made by Sony fanboys (not calling you one per say but just a general thought) because did they all so quickly forget the INSANE asking price of the PS3 at release?? And that had nothing over the 360 in terms of hardware to even warrant such a price hike. The Kinect is at least a tangible and viable reason as to why the price would be more.
Blu-ray.

Vegas has the odds on PS4 outselling XB1 over the Christmas season. Those guys are plugged in. If that's how they have the odds, then that's probably what's going to happen. I'm just laughing that people can actually bet on that.
Sony sold 1 million units in 1 day in 2 regions. They are launching in 30 more regions next Friday and in these regions they are the dominant console with the exception of the UK plus sending more stock to the US and Canada. On the other hand Microsoft is only launching in 13 regions tomorrow. I think Microsoft will beat Sonys 1 million tomorrow with 1.5 to 2mil and they will likely boast about this number come Monday and how they beat Sony. But come next Friday I'd bet Sony sells another 1.5 to 2 million for a total launch of 2.5 to 3 mill. Definitely interesting to watch.

ps3 had blu ray player which back then most people did not even have hd tv's to use that

bread's done
Back