Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

I was the first to report this happening I think, but yeah, it happened to me. They didn't really cancel it, they just sold more than they had so they had to give some people standard editions and a slight discount. I'm still mad though, I would prefer the Day One over a 50 dollar discount any day.
Yeah, me too.

hey guys just got back from best Buy

I just picked up some games in anticipation for tomorrow.

I bought Forza 5, Dead Rising 3, and Ryse.

Crazy thing is, all of the prices of them dropped down to 48 dollars as some promotional bundle??

So I got 36 dollars off and i will be getting the 25 dollar certificate from buyign them.

Maybe this is some sort of unadvertised deal, but you guys should look into it.
If you are Gamer's Club Unlocked, you get 20% off new games.

Damn this thing is quiet. Didn't even notice the disc drive was spinning until it stopped after running the game install. I figured it was my central air running.

Crazy thing is, all of the prices of them dropped down to 48 dollars as some promotional bundle??

So I got 36 dollars off and i will be getting the 25 dollar certificate from buyign them.

That's your Gamers Club Unlocked.

Edit: Beaten!!

Last edited by a moderator:
cigaro, on 21 Nov 2013 - 11:41 PM, said:cigaro, on 21 Nov 2013 - 11:41 PM, said:

are you a gamers club unlocked? you get 20% off new games

Edit: LOL, i'm really slow

I think I figured out my favorite feature: no ads. After the 360, I am shocked to see no ads. I'm sure that'll change soon enough. Soaking it in for now.

Does anyone know how best buy credit card purchases work with the points?

For instance, I just spent 1300 on my CC the other day on a TV and soundbar, and they both show up as a total of like 200 dollars (which is the cash I put in on top of it) ....

Does the CC come through as separate? I wanna make sure I retatin my status  for at least regular elite since I spent the money 

My system just departed from Illinois now, at like 2am, don't think I've seen my packages go out that late before, now it just has to get to the center and the delivery truck!

Killer Instinct achievement didn't unlock for completed 5 dojos. Starting to worry
No offense but almost 99% of achievement errors are from user errors. Not always but most of the time you failed to accomplish the requirements. Trust me so many people report unachievables when they are indeed achievable.

RiPPn said:
Wow just checked mine and they extended mine until Feb. Thanks for the heads up.
WHOA! Same here too. Unfortunately it is just a couple days late as I bought all I need for launch already via Amazon and others. Oh wells.

WHOA! Same here too. Unfortunately it is just a couple days late as I bought all I need for launch already via Amazon and others. Oh wells.
yeah I saw they extended mine too, and I dug through the original account email (for some reason all my best buy stuff gets emailed to that old one), and I found the coupon as well.

Just got a call from a buddy who is having some problems, he installed an setup everything fine and things were smooth, then got halfway through a game on nba 2k14 and his xb1 shut off.

Now when he turns the system on it cuts off 30 seconds later. I personally decided to wait, but if anyone has this happen to them shoot me a message as he hasn't found a fix yet

That's a tough one, I hope you get your box later on today. It's not too far away assuming it left Chicago, it may very well be feasible.
Yeah, I mapquested the distance and looked at packages that I got in the past from that warehouse, it looks like it will definitely be cutting it close but be possible to make it time, really hope it does!

Killer Instinct achievement didn't unlock for completed 5 dojos. Starting to worry
Few people on x360a are complaining about the same thing. One person unlocked an achievement after buying the Jago Shadow costume. So you may need to spend at least a little bit of money to allow achievement progress.

Few people on x360a are complaining about the same thing. One person unlocked an achievement after buying the Jago Shadow costume. So you may need to spend at least a little bit of money to allow achievement progress.
Grabbed the freebie version of KI. So, is achievement progress completely locked out if you don't spend cash?

Mine didn't ship. Still time to cancel.

I really want to play Forza, but that's about it. I figure I may as well just buy it now, because I will want to buy one before a price drop anyway, assuming some exclusives I really want come out before then and I don't expect a price drop for like two years.

geez you can't even see how much room you have left on your hard drive WTH was ms thinking
Giant Bomb talked about this and said the console is going to manage space for you. It's going to delete things in the order of recently played, so if you haven't played KI for a while and are out of space it's going to remove it.

I'm fine I guess with this, but there should be an option to turn it off for power users who want more control over their data. Who knows maybe in the future.

someone haven't been reading the Bestbuy Gamer's Unlock thread.

What do you guys think the chances are that best buy sends me a regular dead rising if I order the day one edition online lol.

There are two different listings and they are named the same but one of them has the day one picture

Giant Bomb talked about this and said the console is going to manage space for you. It's going to delete things in the order of recently played, so if you haven't played KI for a while and are out of space it's going to remove it.

I'm fine I guess with this, but there should be an option to turn it off for power users who want more control over their data. Who knows maybe in the future.
i read that but i was still thinking they would at least let you see how much you have on your hard drive that's not even a option :/ i don't mind the system doing it by it self.

you can't view and the system deletes stuff by it self and it needs space it will take stuff off that you have not played in long time
That sounds... awful. So it will delete my downloaded Ryse a year from now even if I want it in my collection? That sounds terrible. I like having all of my DLC games at hand to play when ever I please.

ahh yes welcome to next gen gaming a game install that takes for ever. looks like alot of tommow will be spent installing my 4 launch titles.
Not on the PS4. Game install quick and available HD space display and manageable by end user.

thats M$FT forward thinking. if we bitch and moan enough, MSFT might do their famous 180 trick.
I just don't see how this is a useful feature. I prefer having the ability to manage my own storage however I want to. How does that make any sense that I can't view anything? I'm a little upset about this.

I am nervous about ordering the day one editions from best buy.com

They are different skus but it doesnt say "day one edition" just has the picture of the day one edition

I guess im gonna take the chance and hope they send the right ones -_-

That sounds... awful. So it will delete my downloaded Ryse a year from now even if I want it in my collection? That sounds terrible. I like having all of my DLC games at hand to play when ever I please.
you haven't even got to the worse part. M$FT won't even allow you to upgrade the hard disk drive. Good luck with 500GB for the next 10 yrs. My PS4 will likely have a 5TB drive in it by 2017.

bread's done
Back