Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

Well ive had had remotez before that couldnt tell if the item was on or off. So if everything was off but the tv. The power button would turn the tv off and everything else on. So thats why hes curious if it matters.
I have a controller that would do the same thing (and can turn everything on and off with one click) but I have never used that feature except for at the beginning when I was trying to figure out how a universal controller work and stuff. After about 30 minutes I realized I did not want that crap and I've loved my Logitech Harmony ever since.

I love cutting-edge tech stuff, but there's some things I like to keep the same.

owpf.png

How am I supposed to fall asleep now?

Good thing I've barely slept in days and will be able to.  Hope to get up a hour or two before it arrives.

my thoughts, xbox is cool...kinect still sucks because it does nothing for games beyond 20 minutes of "thats neat"...and for all this xbone future talk...i hope the future involves the elimination of cable/sat and becomes pay for the channels you want....cut the cord three years ago lol.....and i want new 1st party published ip (and alan wake 2)

Last edited by a moderator:
Aaaannnnd box arrived in the city a little bit away from me 5 minutes ago, looks like all is well! Never seen them get in there in this close of them shipping it out right away, but I'm definitely happy!

My Xbox didn't ship until 10:30 last night. It's stuck in PA still (I'm in RI) and says I won't get it until Monday. I'm pissed.
Dang man, that would really of upset me as well. I'm sorry to hear that. Really sucks they can't even get it to you on Saturday at the least :/

My Xbox didn't ship until 10:30 last night. It's stuck in PA still (I'm in RI) and says I won't get it until Monday. I'm pissed.
Mine shipped around the same time and I'm in RI as well. Estimate says I'm getting it today. My PS4 was also shipped same time and same place and I got it Friday. What city are you in?

Sorry to everyone who got fucked over by Amazon.  Make sure to really go after them and at least get some money out of it.  You can bet your ass that if it was YOU or any of us that didn't hold up our end of the bargain they'd be all over us, but when it's the corporation that fails to fulfill their obligation we're just "whiners" or whatever.

I wonder what Amazon would do if I decided to just do a credit card charge back on one of my games.  Think they'd just go, "Oh that's alright, you did must of what was expected on your end"?  I guarantee you they would not.  Amazon almost made me miss this weekend with the Xbox One with their last minute shit and I'm sad to see so many others getting hit with it.  I know I will never order another console from Amazon after this.  Shipping it UPS Ground is just absurd.

Sorry to everyone who got fucked over by Amazon. Make sure to really go after them and at least get some money out of it. You can bet your ass that if it was YOU or any of us that didn't hold up our end of the bargain they'd be all over us, but when it's the corporation that fails to fulfill their obligation we're just "whiners" or whatever.

I wonder what Amazon would do if I decided to just do a credit card charge back on one of my games. Think they'd just go, "Oh that's alright, you did must of what was expected on your end"? I guarantee you they would not. Amazon almost made me miss this weekend with the Xbox One with their last minute shit and I'm sad to see so many others getting hit with it. I know I will never order another console from Amazon after this. Shipping it UPS Ground is just absurd.
I suppose this will be one thing I agree with you on. Definitely going to the last console I'll be getting from Amazon. By the time the next next gen consoles are out, Amazon will be charging tax in all states. Only reason why I ordered it from there.

Mine hasn't left PA yet. Ridiculous. My stuff comes from Warwick too.

I contacted amazon. All they would do was extend our prime for a month. Absolute garbage.
Was the expected delivery date today when it shipped last night and then changed to Monday this morning? Also, I'd contact another rep or give them hell. They guarantee that delivery would be today so I'd argue until they gave me credit at the least.

Sorry to everyone who got fucked over by Amazon. Make sure to really go after them and at least get some money out of it. You can bet your ass that if it was YOU or any of us that didn't hold up our end of the bargain they'd be all over us, but when it's the corporation that fails to fulfill their obligation we're just "whiners" or whatever.

I wonder what Amazon would do if I decided to just do a credit card charge back on one of my games. Think they'd just go, "Oh that's alright, you did must of what was expected on your end"? I guarantee you they would not. Amazon almost made me miss this weekend with the Xbox One with their last minute shit and I'm sad to see so many others getting hit with it. I know I will never order another console from Amazon after this. Shipping it UPS Ground is just absurd.
Preorder a console from Newegg and let me know how that goes.

Wow just checked mine and they extended mine until Feb. Thanks for the heads up.

You should also have a $30 2 yr renewal email coupon.

My preordered PS4 and Xbox One both got shipped with the same USPS tracking number and expected delivery Saturday. My post office isn't the most ambitious so I'll just expect Monday and hopefully be surprised. Not a big deal since in addition to my gaming and movie backlog I am starting a console backlog (staring at Zelda WiiU still in box).

Mine hasn't left PA yet. Ridiculous. My stuff comes from Warwick too.

I contacted amazon. All they would do was extend our prime for a month. Absolute garbage.
Check your status now, I just had a heart attack because Amazon says delivery of today but UPS said re-scheduled delivery of Monday. I refreshed 2 seconds ago and now it's out for delivery from Warwick.

Check your status now, I just had a heart attack because Amazon says delivery of today but UPS said re-scheduled delivery of Monday. I refreshed 2 seconds ago and now it's out for delivery from Warwick.
Yea, despite never leaving PA, it's somehow out for delivery from Warwick. I guess I feel better now.

Super Target I'm at only got 8 xb1. Luckily they said ppl that preordered are getting day ones that are already put aside so no worries about them being sold to the general public

2 more hours for me. UPS has it ready for pick up.
I think mine is ready for pickup, but I'm not sure. They had a scan in the town where the customer center is at 5:30 this morning, but I haven't gotten an e-mail from UPS yet, and on the "Shipment Progress" section, under activity, it just says "My Choice delivery change option / As requested, the receiver will pickup at a UPS facility at their convenience. This must be within 5 business days.", which is the same thing it said under activity yesterday when I set the will-call preference.

I've never used the pickup option with UPS before. Should there be something under the activity part that says "Ready for pickup" or something, or am I good to go? I live about a half-hour drive from the customer center; I really don't want to drive out there for nothing.

I'm planning on going, but I Don't know when I should get there. When did you arrive?
I got there at 10..went in...they asked us to demo some headsets..and then went and finalized my order.. left and came back at 11ish and waited in line a bit..it wasnt bad at all and I was out the door at 12:05ish

I think mine is ready for pickup, but I'm not sure. They had a scan in the town where the customer center is at 5:30 this morning, but I haven't gotten an e-mail from UPS yet, and on the "Shipment Progress" section, under activity, it just says "My Choice delivery change option / As requested, the receiver will pickup at a UPS facility at their convenience. This must be within 5 business days.", which is the same thing it said under activity yesterday when I set the will-call preference.

I've never used the pickup option with UPS before. Should there be something under the activity part that says "Ready for pickup" or something, or am I good to go? I live about a half-hour drive from the customer center; I really don't want to drive out there for nothing.
Well I am pretty sure its ready. I just got an out for a delivery 40 minutes after it said the same thing.

Anyone else get this about a Play and Charge Kit from Amazon?

Hello,

We wanted to let you know that there is an unexpected delay with your video game order (Order# blah) you placed on November 19, 2013. Unfortunately, we are unable to ship the product(s) as soon as we expected and need to provide you with a new estimate of when they may be delivered:

"Xbox One Play and Charge Kit"

New Delivery Estimate: December 19, 2013

Ya its ready to go, just got confirmation from online chat. If you need confirmation, just chat with support and give them the tracking number and they will let you know.

Just picked up my X1 preorder at Target. Pretty quick and easy. They only has a few green X1's and those were gone by 8:01. Now waiting for BB to open so I can grab the MS trip and then home for a day of playing X1. Awesome!

Happy Launch Day Everyone!!!

Just because it's at the shipment center does not mean it's ready for pick up. Ready for pickup means ready for pickup.

Mine finally shipped at 12:48 EST.  Amazon is estimating Saturday delivery.  When I click the tracking it says unavailable.  Anywhoo, glad it finally shipped.

Unrelated, but is Wal-Mart selling the $29 PSN+ cards today?

EDIT:  It says the Carrier is Lasership...WTF is that?!?!

Ya its ready to go, just got confirmation from online chat. If you need confirmation, just chat with support and give them the tracking number and they will let you know.
Good idea. Thanks, I'm doing that now.

EDIT: It's good to go! Leaving to go get it in one hour. :whee:

I suppose this will be one thing I agree with you on. Definitely going to the last console I'll be getting from Amazon. By the time the next next gen consoles are out, Amazon will be charging tax in all states. Only reason why I ordered it from there.
you have always been charged tax, just not always by amazon. just to clarify that point.

DL'd a whole bunch of aps overnight

time to play

I walked into Target at 8am thinking I didn't have a shot but there seemed to be 10+ and a short line.
Only the Launch edition was off limits.

I was able to use my $200 iPad 1 gift card and red card discount.
Awesome experience.

Then headed to Walmart for a game and charge kit.
Not sure if it was mentioned but accessories seem to be on sale. I got the p&c kit for $20.

After receiving mine on Wednesday, I've had a good 8-10 hours to play with it. These are my complaints with it. As I'm trying to keep this short and sweet, I'll avoid posting any positive experiences. Don't get me wrong, I've had an absolute blast playing the XB1, but there are a few minor inconveniences that need attention.

Picked up Ghosts, BF4, NBA 2K14 and Madden. Ghosts is basically the same game with a slight graphics boost, BF4 looks absolutely beautiful and Madden took a step back. It almost seems like the graphics are even worse than last gen's (Madden). NBA 2K14, however, is unbelievable. As someone who has played about every iteration of basketball game since the 90s, this game takes the cake. It's not only beautiful, but it plays just like a real NBA game. EcoMotion is legit. The faces could use some work, but that's just me nitpicking.

Every game would freeze for about 5-6 seconds every 30-40 minutes randomly. Every game was installed as required and was only played AFTER the installation finished. There were no games/apps downloading/installing in the background either. Also reinstalled every game to ensure there wasn't a corrupt install or something. Not sure if this is just linked to poor programming in the next-gen games or if it was the console itself.

As for the console, it's a bit buggy to say the least. Considering I had it pre-day one update, this was to be expected. Navigating the tiles (going between the different apps, game, TV, etc) was a bit wonky. It wasn't bad, it just didn't feel as intuitive or smooth as I imagined it would. I tried using the Xbox Fitness app and it ended up freezing my console after attempting to start it up. I couldn't just power down and power it back for it to work again. I had to physically pull the power plug from the back of the machine and plug it back in for it to properly reset itself. I'm assuming this will be fixed in the day one update (still need to update today!). Other than that, most other apps worked as intended.

The Kinect is still not where it needs to be. It's not user friendly at this point in time. The voice commands are iffy at best. You have to speak VERY clearly and time it just right. I guess I expected it to be on par with Siri (or Android's voice recognition) - this is NOT the case. I got better at it over time, but it's something that needs to be addressed in the near future. I'll likely just stick with the remote for now. Also, I know it's early, but it's not integrated into any of the four next-gen games I picked up aside from a few gimmicky features. For instance, make sure to turn voice recognition off in NBA. I yelled "SHIT!" when I gave up an open shot in the final minutes of a game and I received a technical foul. I'm not even joking. LOL

Aside from these minor complaints, the Xbox One is great. The potential within the machine has me rather excited. I hope you guys enjoy your new system! Looking forward to seeing some of you online! :)

GT: THE STREH CAT

Picked my Xbox One up last night at Best Buy without a preorder. They had about 60 to sell to non-preorder customers, so everyone in line got one and they still had leftovers haha

Talking to people in line, the same Best Buy also had around 60 PS4's for non-preorders last week.

I'm gonna pop into Best Buy to see if they have some standard editions since I got $300 credit there, if they don't have any I think I'm going to pass on the X1 (have it reserved at Target) for now.

The faulty drives and the bugs has me worried.  I think it will be better to wait till later down the line, perhaps when Titanfall drops.

bread's done
Back