Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

The Day One games have been extremely hard to find in the wild. Microsoft did a great job of making them limited. All of the stores in the Columbus and Cleveland areas have been tapped out.

So for one last shot, I stopped in a small town where they have a GameStop and a Walmart that have a very small amount of foot traffic. I though these would be my best shots. Went to Gamestop first, and sure enough, they had one copy left for both Forza and Dead Rising Day One editions, but no Ryse. Picked those both up.

Went across the street to Walmart, and to my excitement, they had one copy left of Ryse, and it was a Day One edition! Picked it up for $49 because of the sale. They also had no copies of Forza or Dead Rising, so that was lucky. I now have these three games plus Battlefield 4 for my new Xbox One.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, got mine set up a few min ago. Not impressed with the setup compared to the PS4, that was at least simple and quick. The one setup was extremely long, took about 5 min for the console to even display the initial controller setup screen, then took another 45 min to download and install the update (40D/4U connection), after all that I wanted to try my disc drive out, put in a bluray, drive made a weird grinding noise and it froze the console. Had to power off the console and power back on all which took about 4 or 5 more minutes, then tried the bluray again by ejecting it and inserting it, no noise this time, and am downloading the bluray app now, but its behind xbox fitness, kinect sports rivals, and killer instinct, so I have awhile. The menu system seems pretty slow and I cant believe I cant manage my downloads.

on top of everything my left trigger on my controller is fucked up, doesnt go down all the way and is rubbing on some plastic piece or something

Is anyone else having an issue with Kinect not recognizing you, or thinking you're someone else? It keeps identifying me as my son. It's starting to really annoy me. I've reset my sign-in image with the Kinect several times, but over and over again, it thinks I'm him. We both have glasses and short hair, and there is some resemblance between us, but we're not that hard to tell apart. (I'm much taller and much wider, for starters)

A couple times yesterday, I paused my game and left the room for a minute, and when I returned, I got a "Hi Michael" message. (Michael is my son; I'm Dan) Just now I was playing DR3, I'm signed in as myself, I'm the only one home, I didn't even move off the couch, and suddenly "Hi Michael" pops up. I went back out to the home screen, signed him out and told Kinect it didn't recognize me yet again, reset my image on it yet again, and went back to playing. Ten minutes later, "Hi Michael". I go to look on my friends list activity page, and it says my son started playing DR3 an hour ago.

I was going to delete him from the family users, but I wasn't sure if I'd be deleting his whole account. (He has a 360 in his room and has an XBL Gold account)
during setup it thought my son was me, im 28 and hes 4, also, the kinect will only hear me if i talk very very loudly. hopefully we got some patches coming soon.

You have a 40/4 connection and it took 45 minutes to both download and install? That is not right. Make sure to check out your Network page and make sure your stuff is configured right and the Xbox is actually recieving that kind of speed from your router.

Got mine in from amazon today, was packed in a box with little room to move and a strip of air packets. The xbox box wasn't sealed. Anyone else run into that?
My Amazon box was tight with just a little room on the one side and the two Xbox One games sitting on the top of the box, but it was pretty sweet overall imo. I have the exact pictures on my Flickr, but my Xbox One box was most definitely sealed.

Kinect is working great for me. Recognizes me quickly. I even turned off all the lights and signed out, and it had no problem. Tested Xbox Fitness in the dark and Kinect can easily detect my whole body.

Also, if you're having trouble with Kinect detecting your voice, do the kinect setup again. Make sure to raise the volume loud when it tells you to. It needs to know where you tv sound is coming from so it can block it out. I was impressed doing a Skype call where the sound was clear and no echo.

Agreed.

I was having one issue with Kinect though, but I figured out the problem and the solution blew my mind.  So when my mom comes down the Xbox One says hi to her and signs her in even when she's just going to sit and watch me play Dead Rising 3 or Forza 5.  She's also done some Xbox Fitness too and is feeling the workout just like I am.  My whole body aches from it today.

Anyway, so I was testing out the "Show My Stuff" thing and it would work for her, but not for me.  I have my tiles blue and hers red and they'd go from blue to red but never back.  Then, when she was signed in I hit the Guide (also known as Nexus) button on the controller and it turned blue.  So that got me thinking that maybe the "Show my stuff" command isn't working for me because I am already holding the only controller in the room.  I then handed her the controller and I said "Show my stuff" and the tiles went from red to blue and it made me the main person signed in.  That is hilariously awesome.

my download on thurs night took like 4 mins either that guy has issues with router and his xbox one or he is not getting speeds he should be getting. Kinect works fine for me only time i really have to say something louder then normal if audio is coming out of my tv.

You have a 40/4 connection and it took 45 minutes to both download and install? That is not right. Make sure to check out your Network page and make sure your stuff is configured right and the Xbox is actually recieving that kind of speed from your router.

My Amazon box was tight with just a little room on the one side and the two Xbox One games sitting on the top of the box, but it was pretty sweet overall imo. I have the exact pictures on my Flickr, but my Xbox One box was most definitely sealed.

my download on thurs night took like 4 mins either that guy has issues with router and his xbox one or he is not getting speeds he should be getting. Kinect works fine for me only time i really have to say something louder then normal if audio is coming out of my tv.
Maybe it was just the initial download or something because Killer Instinict, Fitness, Kinect Sports Rivals, and the Bluray app all finished within 1.5 hours. Ill try my kinect setup again and see if that helps. On the phone now with support about my controller, they want me to send my controller first and wait for a replacement. Told them thats unacceptable, I should be sent a controller first then send mine back in the box, otherwise I paid $500 bucks to look at something for 2 weeks....We'll see what they say.

I swear my DirectTV image quality seems way better after running it through the xbox.

It seems so much clearer and more cleaned up 

I was going to say the same thing. I watched a mkv file and a xvid or something through the HDMI in last night and the framerate on the second one was like double what it always has been before. I'm looking forward to seeing if it does it again tonight too. Gonna play Forza while I watch a video for the first time tonight too. I love this thing more everyday.

Where's the guide for this?

Ended up getting xbox support to send me a controller first, but it's not a day one. Basically I get a standard in the mail, send back my day one controller, they send me new day one controller, and I send them back the standard one. Stupid, but at least I can mess around with the system without having to wait.

Haha lol freaking Xbone fans
Pathetic...
I want to just go back to the days of Sonic vs. Mario. Sega Does what Ninten-Don't!

With the internet people really really take their console loyalty to heart. I mean I love video games and have memorabilia, expensive statues, etc. everywhere, but people act like little soldier's for their favorite company. I really hope you have a financial stake in the company if you are that emotionally vested into the system from last week vs. the system from this week.

"Shipping Now" might be the dumbest name for a status in the history of retail. IMO, it's just a way for Amazon to charge you for the item earlier than when it actually ships.

What the hell does it even mean anyway? Shipping Now should mean it is shipping now, as in its on its way to your home.

I got my day one edition from amazon today and am pretty disappointed in all the downloads/updates you need to do to just play a game.  I was hoping to get to play at least one game today but it doesn't look like that will happen.  I have Dead Rising 3, Battlefield 4, Ryse, and Killer Instinct so if anyone wants more people to play online with add me, gamertag is Sinfulfate. 

I want to just go back to the days of Sonic vs. Mario. Sega Does what Ninten-Don't!

With the internet people really really take their console loyalty to heart. I mean I love video games and have memorabilia, expensive statues, etc. everywhere, but people act like little soldier's for their favorite company. I really hope you have a financial stake in the company if you are that emotionally vested into the system from last week vs. the system from this week.
There's nothing wrong with being positive and excited about your $600+ in purchases. These people making a YouTube living out of being an always cynical, negative psycho are who you are probably referring to. They are all the same. These people don't have a financial stake in the corporations, but they do have a financial stake in being the most negative they can be, which is what sells these days. I've seen it rub off on people I know IRL and it makes them literally impossible to even be friends with anymore. Everything has to be complained about and picked apart. That's what makes people seem "smart" or "sophisticated" now. Some people feel like if they aren't being critical or bitching about something that they are just another dumbed down sheep.

man, i saw an xbone display at my local target. that thing was huge. it was securely tightly out in the open rather than in a clear box like the ps4. must be to help with heat ventilation.  i also notice that all the edges were damn sharp, can't have something like that around my house, would cut my little one. also the plastic casing on both the xbone and kinect felt very cheesy. 

man, i saw an xbone display at my local target. that thing was huge. it was securely tightly out in the open rather than in a clear box like the ps4. must be to help with heat ventilation. i also notice that all the edges were damn sharp, can't have something like that around my house, would cut my little one. also the plastic casing on both the xbone and kinect felt very cheesy.
xbox one don't get hot at all after hours of gaming the big vent on top which is the main vent that has the cpu fan under it is almost never hot. lol Where as the ps4 has had reports of being very hot to the touch after hours of gaming.

man, i saw an xbone display at my local target. that thing was huge. it was securely tightly out in the open rather than in a clear box like the ps4. must be to help with heat ventilation. i also notice that all the edges were damn sharp, can't have something like that around my house, would cut my little one. also the plastic casing on both the xbone and kinect felt very cheesy.
You're adding nothing to this thread, but here's an idea: put your consoles up on shelves instead of somewhere that your kid's head is likely to fall and touch. Assuming anyone actually mates with people who troll against consoles, which I doubt.

You're adding nothing to this thread, but here's an idea: put your consoles up on shelves instead of somewhere that your kid's head is likely to fall and touch. Assuming anyone actually mates with people who troll against consoles, which I doubt.
whatever grease your wheel buddy.

why are people so defensive, this is a public open forum for discussion, is it not? was my post off topic?

No, you arent allowed to say anything not positive about the Xbox.
Its not that. I don't even care about negative things that may be said as long as it may be factual and constructive. But when you do it multiple times a day it gets annoying. Especially the poor grammar. Sure Xbox isn't perfect and only Neo thinks that. But you don't need to post about it all the time and act like a Sony fanboy. Thats all Daring is doing.

Its weird how the ones who go on and on either trolling or being a fanboy were practically lurkers before this thread. New consoles bring out the lurkers who are fanboys.

Criticism that is constructive in nature would be a different story. Negative comments that are intended solely to annoy have no place here or anywhere, really. Plus what Daring said was just dumb. It's discouraging (and perhaps telling) that you actually felt his comment was worthwhile.

problem is what he said was just nonsense. To say oh the xbox one must be out of glass on display because of heating issues is just false seeing no over heating problems have been talked about and mine runs cooler then possible any system i can remember. 2nd he complains about the edges being too sharp and plastic feeling cheesy. REALLY?

Criticism that is constructive in nature would be a different story. Negative comments that are intended solely to annoy have no place here or anywhere, really. Plus what Daring said was just dumb. It's discouraging (and perhaps telling) that you actually felt his comment was worthwhile.
Did I even say that I agreed with him? lol

This is the worst thread I've ever seen on CAG. Jesus.

It's quickly become that way.  That's the power of unregulated trolls.  It's a shame cause this thread used to have a great community and great posts.

what just happen here. all this hate from one post about a xbox display unit at target. this is too much for me to handle. i'll see myself out.

SMH, LMFAO. So you know, those are dummy units, genius. Poorly slapped together plastic shells with no internals.

Amazon was a day late with my Day One pre-order and immediately refunded me my shipping costs ($20.55) and this morning I received an email notifying me of a refund of $54.13 for an "account adjustment" for the same order. 

:whee:

Amazon was a day late with my Day One pre-order and immediately refunded me my shipping costs ($20.55) and this morning I received an email notifying me of a refund of $54.13 for an "account adjustment" for the same order.

:whee:
What was the 54.13 refund for? Did you not get a Day One Edition?

what just happen here. all this hate from one post about a xbox display unit at target. this is too much for me to handle. i'll see myself out.
One post that was chock full of ridiculous complaints... sharp corners that your kid might hit their head on? Really?

And for the record, my Target has a display XB1, running, in a lexan box. Every time I go there, it seems to be running just fine.

So where are people finding it in B&M?  I am hemmed in at the moment to buying it through BB but when I went yesterday there were none.  

There was a bit of irony though as the display one apparently broke sometime between Sat -> Now.  I went to go put my hands on it for another go (now that people are giving fairly high reviews to Ryse and Zoo Tycoon) and it wasn't there.  I had a bud that works there call around a few places.  The ones around here aren't holding them for Black Friday (like Walmart) but they just don't have any.  EITHER edition.  Though there were a TON of Day One games/1 yr XBL (with KI character?).   Since we're also talking about the displays... WHY does the XB1 display choose to cut off half of the monster?  Seems like false advertising.  Just show the thing so people get an idea what kind of room they need in their entertainment center.

Debating whether driving around today/tomm mid-day might get me one if I head to some out of the way ones (though, sadly, in the Balt/DC triangle, that's few and far between).  I saw the post about NYC but it's a bit too long to drive up there just for one.

I'm trying to figure out why this thread disappeared from my notifications...

Anyways.

What's going on with the Kinect PDP mount? Anyone seen it in stores?  (Is this still the thread for general discussions about the console)

I hope, for your child's sake, that your PS4 is hidden well in your entertainment center. If you think the XB1's corners would cut him, I think the PS4 might sever an appendage.

Xbox-One-VS-PlayStation-4-Side-1280x853.jpg

bread's done
Back