Xbox One Elite Controller Preorder Available at Best Buy / Amazon

Looks like a nice controller but $150 is just way too much. $60 for a controller is already a stretch. I can see this dropping to $100 pretty quickly.

A few pics for the OP:

11a17be2-d9e0-46f4-a0ff-6cfd5ef06af6.jpg

65bb58bc-4403-40cf-90b6-ec42c3a893f6.jpg

eec9f17e-60b4-4245-b7b7-a674af2ffed5.jpg

I'm just waiting for the inevitable deal where the controllers drop under $100 before I pick it up. 

I'd be excited to play FPS with it but $150 is a little too rich for my blood especially with the way I play. 

I'm already on my third Dualshock 4 controller  :-({|=

people complaining about the price are the people that were never seriously interested in scuff controllers to begin with. People that see the awesomeness of this are the people who either have/had a scuff or really wanted one but dont b/c of the asine price tag. PO one of these and looking forward to comparisons to scuff.

The same people complaining about these controllers are probably the same people that say, "why spend $xx.xx on a steering wheel when a controller does the same thing for a lower price?"
This, I guess people don't realize this would cost $200+ if you customized this same controller on Scuf. At $150, you are getting the "mass" production discount. Although a niche market to begin with, these are not "mass" produced. If you are waiting on a $100 price point it will only happen if the controller is a failure.

Don't own an X1, but the stock controller is the best controller I have ever played with. 

If I did own an X1, this is something I would seriously consider buying. $150 seems a bit high. 

Still, seems like a really cool toy to have. 

God I want one, this could be a rough holiday on my wallet. 

First in august the Rare Collection, Madden and Gears.

Then Halo 5 and Star Wars Battlefront as well as that controller. RIP bank account

This is a completely optional accessory for a very specific audience. I think it's at least cool that it exists. I'm sure there will be deals on it eventually.
Thank you!

Spot-on analysis; short, to the point, and correct on all fronts.

C'mon, guys. If you don't like something, don't buy it. But there is most certainly a market for this, and most of us are tired of third-party controllers trying to be top quality but failing miserably.

I won't be buying this for $150.00. But this is CheapAssGamer - someone will find a link a few weeks/months after launch for 1/3 or 1/2 off...and I'll have Best Buy / Amazon cred....and I will find a way to budget for an accessory that genuinely sounds unique and well-built.

I'm happy this exists.

Thank you!

C'mon, guys. If you don't like something, don't buy it. But there is most certainly a market for this, and most of us are tired of third-party controllers trying to be top quality but failing miserably.

I won't be buying this for $150.00. But this is CheapAssGamer - someone will find a link a few weeks/months after launch for 1/3 or 1/2 off...and I'll have Best Buy / Amazon cred....and I will find a way to budget for an accessory that genuinely sounds unique and well-built.

I'm happy this exists.
Agreed. Well said. I'm glad it exists and I wait for a sale or some sort of promotion.

I've never had a controller like this before, I've never had a need for a controller like this before, but as soon as they showed it I instantly wanted it. The whole premise is very cool to me.

The price point doesn't bother me as bad as everyone else. If I decide I don't like the price, I can either wait for a drop as others will or I will trade in stuff to offset the price.

Thank you!

I'm happy this exists.
What, we can't comment on things we don't buy?

At $100, I would heavily consider it. Hell, scratch that, it would be a buy. I understand $150 is only a little more than double what a regular controller costs now, but it's still fairly a steep hill to climb when people are buying the console for $350 new and often much less via AWD used.

I think a lot of us may be in the same scenario as a poster above. The second half of the year looks like the bubonic plague to our wallets. Perhaps after the first of the year I might warm up to the price.

I just cannot justify paying 150 for this ( a controller) I for sure dont want Micro$oft thinking its Okay either
Haven't controller modders essentially been custom building controllers just like this and selling them at similar price points on eBay? I tried this controller out at E3 and it's clearly not intended for casual players. It exists for the folks that see value in saving a split second on a trigger pull. They have to put this at a high price because it's such a niche product.

I'm generally "tough" on the sticks and tend to wear them out...would this be a decent idea for me if they easily allow you to replace/swap them out over the standard controller? 

I want one of these for two reasons. First off Doom Multiplayer and second for those paddle controllers for shifting in Forza 6.

$150 is too much though.

I'm generally "tough" on the sticks and tend to wear them out...would this be a decent idea for me if they easily allow you to replace/swap them out over the standard controller?
The sticks on the Elite Controller are of a much higher quality.

I personally am interested in buying this controller. The price isn't a big deal for me, as others have said this is pretty comparable to a lot of similar third-party controllers like this. I may wait for a price drop though just due to the timing of this coming out in the Fall when I will be picking up several games and have no real need for this controller and just simply want one to have a much higher quality controller to use on my Xbox One (I also only have two controllers currently).

That being said I don't see this thing selling all that well at $150 and I feel like this will easily $100 shortly after it's released. Not nearly the same thing, but look at the PSTV and how quickly its price has been slashed in half due to poor sales.

I think these controller will sell well. The price is on par what they charge at Scuf too. These controllers are actually popular with the Call of Duty and Halo fans.

The sticks on the Elite Controller are of a much higher quality.

I personally am interested in buying this controller. The price isn't a big deal for me, as others have said this is pretty comparable to a lot of similar third-party controllers like this. I may wait for a price drop though just due to the timing of this coming out in the Fall when I will be picking up several games and have no real need for this controller and just simply want one to have a much higher quality controller to use on my Xbox One (I also only have two controllers currently).

That being said I don't see this thing selling all that well at $150 and I feel like this will easily $100 shortly after it's released. Not nearly the same thing, but look at the PSTV and how quickly its price has been slashed in half due to poor sales.
There is some E3 footage somewhere out there of the MS folks hands on with the controller and they said that because of the higher quality parts the thing is pretty heavy.

Also, I bet it won't drop in price but rather have a gift card tacked on to it, but I would love to see it drop. :)

I'll keep an eye on this as a replacement controller, though will need a number of positive third-party reviews before I'd sign on for one.

I paid mine off with the 60$ Jurassic world trade fiasco the other day. This thing is going to be amazing for Halo 5. 

Sold out at BBY?
So it appears. Amazon said pre-orders prior to 1PM on the 9th aren't going to be available on release day, so it sounds like there's some limited numbers for release day.

Most likely BB will get more in stock, just not for the time being.

It's pretty much sold out everywhere. Might be a hot Holiday item too if they can't replenish it quick enough, which might be the case since some preorder from amazon are already delayed.

I likely would not have dropped $150 straight up for it, but I was able to use a 10% off coupon at Bestbuy and had $70 in reward certs to cash out. I had to put in around $68 after that to pre-order it.

It's coming Tuesday, and I am probably more excited than I should be about it. Also have a wireless PC adapter coming, but that will be a few more days.

I've been an avid FPSfreek user on the right analog stick for years now - I struggled aiming with analogs when I started playing on the 360 after years of mouse/keyboard use, and the FPSfreeks helped me big time.  Having the option of a longer analog while keeping the excellent default knurled cap will be even better.

The paddles should also be pretty spiffy once I get used to them. I am hoping that I'll be able to program more than face buttons to them on the PC at some point. There are a few PC games that I've tried to set up on a controller and I run out of inputs to use. Using them as a shift or ctrl modifier would be excellent as well.

Things like adjusting analog sensitivity - eh. Most games allow that in the options already.  Guess I'll have to test the hair-trigger switches to see if I like that or not.

Controller feel is pretty important to me. I ignored my PS3 for most of last gen due to my extreme dislike of the DS3 contoller compared to the 360 pad.  The DS4 improved enough this gen that there isn't a huge preference one way or the other for me, but If I fall in love with this controller, I could see it influencing my choice of system when buying multip-platform titles in the future.

I likely would not have dropped $150 straight up for it, but I was able to use a 10% off coupon at Bestbuy and had $70 in reward certs to cash out. I had to put in around $68 after that to pre-order it.

It's coming Tuesday, and I am probably more excited than I should be about it. Also have a wireless PC adapter coming, but that will be a few more days.

I've been an avid FPSfreek user on the right analog stick for years now - I struggled aiming with analogs when I started playing on the 360 after years of mouse/keyboard use, and the FPSfreeks helped me big time. Having the option of a longer analog while keeping the excellent default knurled cap will be even better.

The paddles should also be pretty spiffy once I get used to them. I am hoping that I'll be able to program more than face buttons to them on the PC at some point. There are a few PC games that I've tried to set up on a controller and I run out of inputs to use. Using them as a shift or ctrl modifier would be excellent as well.

Things like adjusting analog sensitivity - eh. Most games allow that in the options already. Guess I'll have to test the hair-trigger switches to see if I like that or not.

Controller feel is pretty important to me. I ignored my PS3 for most of last gen due to my extreme dislike of the DS3 contoller compared to the 360 pad. The DS4 improved enough this gen that there isn't a huge preference one way or the other for me, but If I fall in love with this controller, I could see it influencing my choice of system when buying multip-platform titles in the future.
I think with analog sensitivity you can adjust when they actually start to register; at least with the pictures I saw.

So aggressive, smooth, delay, normal, etc.

I ordered mine from Target.com over the weekend with the 10% off promotion and it just shipped. My guess is they must have stock if folks are having trouble finding one.

Wonder what is up with the stock of this. Everywhere I called only got preordered ones in and stores like Walmart and Fry's and stuff said they were still waiting on theirs that they had not come in yet. No word from Xbox on Twitter or anything about a shortage... anyone know when the next wave may become available?

(I was going to preorder mine a while back but crap came up with a previous deal that kind of screwed this one for the time being)

Wonder what is up with the stock of this. Everywhere I called only got preordered ones in and stores like Walmart and Fry's and stuff said they were still waiting on theirs that they had not come in yet. No word from Xbox on Twitter or anything about a shortage... anyone know when the next wave may become available?

(I was going to preorder mine a while back but crap came up with a previous deal that kind of screwed this one for the time being)
End of December

but seriously..I have no clue. Cant believe how good it's going to be for Halo....

Last edited by a moderator:
End of December

but seriously..I have no clue. Cant believe how good it's going to be for Halo....
I know I wanted it to coincide with Halo so I could just adapt to the controller while learning the game but now I am screwed : /

Never would have thought they would be THIS limited. Ugh.

I know I wanted it to coincide with Halo so I could just adapt to the controller while learning the game but now I am screwed : /

Never would have thought they would be THIS limited. Ugh.
Do you have a microsoft store near you? I know some people have just went to the store and found one.

Do you have a microsoft store near you? I know some people have just went to the store and found one.
There is one like 25 minutes away and honestly I am upset that I didn't even think that. I am new to the area here and I have just felt like Indiana has nothing compared to Chicago so I just assumed there wasn't one. But yeah 25 minutes is not bad, especially since I drove around about halfway there already this afternoon checking stores. Thanks for the heads up, I will call and check their stock first thing in the morning!

I'm trying to get one of these, I want the charging stand anyway. Doesn't seem like stores have it in stock either though, but MS said they would be releasing more before the holidays. Really kicking myself for waiting so long to pre-order this, I just didn't think they would sell out at midnight on Halo 5 launch night, but turns out they only received pre-orders.

I'm trying to get one of these, I want the charging stand anyway. Doesn't seem like stores have it in stock either though, but MS said they would be releasing more before the holidays. Really kicking myself for waiting so long to pre-order this, I just didn't think they would sell out at midnight on Halo 5 launch night, but turns out they only received pre-orders.
I would think we should see some in a month's time, if not by the end of the year. Selling too well like this should only kick MS to make more of them to cut the resellers out of the market, if nothing else.

No luck on the Microsoft store here either, darn. They had no idea when another shipment would come in either (not that I really expected them too anyway).

I am tempted to get the Controller/Stand from Gamestop since my rechargeable pack is pooping out anyway but even that wouldn't get here for a couple weeks at least. Poop. 

No luck on the Microsoft store here either, darn. They had no idea when another shipment would come in either (not that I really expected them too anyway).

I am tempted to get the Controller/Stand from Gamestop since my rechargeable pack is pooping out anyway but even that wouldn't get here for a couple weeks at least. Poop.
No point in the stand tbh...get some Eneloop rechargeables for $12-15 (4 AA's + Charger). You wont want to leave the controller out to collect dust while charging anyways. I plan to keep my $150 controller always in the case unless in use lol.

No point in the stand tbh...get some Eneloop rechargeables for $12-15 (4 AA's + Charger). You wont want to leave the controller out to collect dust while charging anyways. I plan to keep my $150 controller always in the case unless in use lol.
I like being able to just plug directly into the console when my batteries poop out on me mid game though. I know I still could with the batteries but it of course isnt charging then. Since I have one Xbox upstairs and one in the basement I am lazy hahah.

Plus at this point it would be moreso spending the extra money just to get the damn controller and the stand/battery pack would just be icing on top.

I am still so bummed I missed this. I wonder if other stores like Fry's and Meijer will get them in stock?

This is my same issue. I could order that controller/stand pack, I'd prefer to buy both from Best Buy to reap the RZ points. I also don't want to wait!

bread's done
Back