Xbox One Elite Controller Preorder Available at Best Buy / Amazon

I like being able to just plug directly into the console when my batteries poop out on me mid game though. I know I still could with the batteries but it of course isnt charging then. Since I have one Xbox upstairs and one in the basement I am lazy hahah.

Plus at this point it would be moreso spending the extra money just to get the damn controller and the stand/battery pack would just be icing on top.

I am still so bummed I missed this. I wonder if other stores like Fry's and Meijer will get them in stock?
I doubt it. My Best Buy only received one and that was a preorder. I heard there's a elite controller shortage worldwide and even amazon was not able to fulfill day one preorder in other countries as well too. Not sure if there will be more stocks before the holiday except for the the one in the Elite console.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can use the controller or your pc too. If you want it to be wireless you have to get the adapter.
Yea, we will see. Can you remap buttons on PC or do you have to do it on Xbox first then go to PC?

All in all im trying to decide which purchases to keep for this month since it's so hectic....I have the Pip Boy x1 edition, PS4 Juggernog Blops3, and now this damn controller.

I cant have them all ;D

(I also need to get that adapter for PC; which should be included with the controller tbh)

Yea, we will see. Can you remap buttons on PC or do you have to do it on Xbox first then go to PC?

All in all im trying to decide which purchases to keep for this month since it's so hectic....I have the Pip Boy x1 edition, PS4 Juggernog Blops3, and now this damn controller.

I cant have them all ;D

(I also need to get that adapter for PC; which should be included with the controller tbh)
Since I planned on getting this controller I nixed Fallout at release since I figured I would be more focused on multiplayer games anyway this holiday season.

And now I do not even have the controller : ( Womp womp womp. That November 9th Gamestop w/ the stand and crap deal is looking better each day we do not hear anything more specific from MS.

Since I planned on getting this controller I nixed Fallout at release since I figured I would be more focused on multiplayer games anyway this holiday season.

And now I do not even have the controller : ( Womp womp womp. That November 9th Gamestop w/ the stand and crap deal is looking better each day we do not hear anything more specific from MS.
I actually wont be playing FO4 on console. I'm going to wait a while until they get mods and such on PC ;D

I just want the Pip Boy and Juggernog BLOPS because they are super super super limited and no more are being made.

After playing Halo more last night it made me want the damn Elite even more. I am contemplating just getting a Scuf Infinity1 since then I can use the paddles, I just do not like the lack of on the fly customization both physically and button-mapping related with those. If the Scuf with the same parts as the Elite would cost cheaper I would be tempted but seeing as if I want to build one that would reflect the Elite's abilities it would cost more just seems a bit ridiculous...

http://i.imgur.com/7OsjoLJ.jpg

........so I guess someone dropped mine? Sweet.

Anyone know if you can get a Target warranty (extended) after you open the item?
Put a SquareTrade warranty on it. It'll be $44.99 for three years' coverage with accidental damage protection. If anything happens to it, you ship it off to SquareTrade and they send you an Amazon gift card, Paypal or a check for the cost of the item. Amazon gift cards get 2% bonus on the payout. $29.99 for coverage on that controller without accidental damage protection.

30 days from date of purchase, fully refundable if you decide you don't want it/like it.

Put a SquareTrade warranty on it. It'll be $44.99 for three years' coverage with accidental damage protection. If anything happens to it, you ship it off to SquareTrade and they send you an Amazon gift card, Paypal or a check for the cost of the item. Amazon gift cards get 2% bonus on the payout. $29.99 for coverage on that controller without accidental damage protection.

30 days from date of purchase, fully refundable if you decide you don't want it/like it.
You should read what I wrote about my controller :/

Well on a downer note...

My Elite Controller is faulty.

The left trigger pulls down more than the right when the locks are engaged. I thought that I may be crazy...but when configuring them in the menu it shows how much they pull down with a gauge...the left one is more than a half pull with the lock on :(

Also the left stick makes a small click when pushing in before the actual one that makes it work.

Will play with it tonight and return it tomorrow...I will be picking up a new one whenever they get more tho...because it is incredible.

So the Microsoft store was taking preorder for their next shipment at the end of the month and it sold out in least than 20 minutes. So if you need one before the Holiday it would probably be best if you get the Gametop Bundle now.

My Elite control is superb, without a single flaw as of yet after 5 hours of play and messing around with different setup and configurations.

I love the bottom paddles as A and B, and the top paddles for X and Y, my 2nd profile switch gives me Bumpers and A B.

Elite Controller is available for preorder from Amazon France. Will ship Nov 2 and for me I paid a little more in shipping so it was $175 and I should get it either the 4th or the 5th.

http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B00ZV0NH40?psc=1

I am still debating though on whether doing this or just trading in my old console and other crap and just upgrading to the Elite bundle itself at Gamestop.. hmm...

Elite Controller is available for preorder from Amazon France. Will ship Nov 2 and for me I paid a little more in shipping so it was $175 and I should get it either the 4th or the 5th.

http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B00ZV0NH40?psc=1

I am still debating though on whether doing this or just trading in my old console and other crap and just upgrading to the Elite bundle itself at Gamestop.. hmm...
I figure to trade the regular console and buy the elite (if I got $250 trade in credit for the X1, which idk if that is even possible), i would be paying $141 extra

I figure to trade the regular console and buy the elite (if I got $250 trade in credit for the X1, which idk if that is even possible), i would be paying $141 extra
Yeah plus I don't have a controller to trade in so I would have to borrow a friend's extra and then buy them a new one during BF so that is like $35/40 extra. Even spending more for the controller from France, it seems like the better option for me since I do not really care to get a new system at the moment and getting the 1tb SSD really isn't that enticing; it was more out of necessity since the controllers are OOS everywhere. If this unit ships tomorrow from France like it should then I will just keep that one.

I ran the numbers based on my trade credit and stuff and I can either spend my credit+console trade and I would be spending around $115 cash for the X1 and Controller. Or if I spend the $175 on the controller from France that means I am spending $60 more cash on the purchase but will end up with about $185 GS credit left still. Factoring in the $60 extra cash then if I wanted the Elite Bundle from GS I would have to be spending that $125 GS credit. Which when push comes to shove I do not care to spend that much on upgrading my console but I would spend that much upgrading my console AND getting the controller if I cannot elsewhere.

Fingers crossed it does ship out tomorrow then and so I can just happily turn my GS credit into eBay and then into Best Buy and use my GCU on other crap! : P

Also I am debating a Square-Trade warranty. Never used one on controllers before and so I am not sure how it would work but if I can spend $50 on a warranty with accident protection and then after a year or so when it gets worn just drop it say it is broken and get a new one replaced that would be pretty sweet though not sure if it would be that easy with them.

Yeah plus I don't have a controller to trade in so I would have to borrow a friend's extra and then buy them a new one during BF so that is like $35/40 extra. Even spending more for the controller from France, it seems like the better option for me since I do not really care to get a new system at the moment and getting the 1tb SSD really isn't that enticing; it was more out of necessity since the controllers are OOS everywhere. If this unit ships tomorrow from France like it should then I will just keep that one.

I ran the numbers based on my trade credit and stuff and I can either spend my credit+console trade and I would be spending around $115 cash for the X1 and Controller. Or if I spend the $175 on the controller from France that means I am spending $60 more cash on the purchase but will end up with about $185 GS credit left still. Factoring in the $60 extra cash then if I wanted the Elite Bundle from GS I would have to be spending that $125 GS credit. Which when push comes to shove I do not care to spend that much on upgrading my console but I would spend that much upgrading my console AND getting the controller if I cannot elsewhere.

Fingers crossed it does ship out tomorrow then and so I can just happily turn my GS credit into eBay and then into Best Buy and use my GCU on other crap! : P

Also I am debating a Square-Trade warranty. Never used one on controllers before and so I am not sure how it would work but if I can spend $50 on a warranty with accident protection and then after a year or so when it gets worn just drop it say it is broken and get a new one replaced that would be pretty sweet though not sure if it would be that easy with them.
Personally...unless you REALLY REALLY want the Elite controller, I would say hold off and wait for some to come in stock.

Not only mine, but there are some QA issues all over (mostly the trigger lock no working correctly and the sticky trigger issue).

The controller is incredible, dont get me wrong, but for $150 I cant see it being absolutely necessary unless you play Halo 5 or Black OPS 3 (mainly FPS's). Since I am trading in Halo 5 tomorrow, I also returned the Elite to Target today.

In the future I will get the Elite, but right now, it's not feasible with the amount of X1 games I play :/

Personally...unless you REALLY REALLY want the Elite controller, I would say hold off and wait for some to come in stock.

Not only mine, but there are some QA issues all over (mostly the trigger lock no working correctly and the sticky trigger issue).

The controller is incredible, dont get me wrong, but for $150 I cant see it being absolutely necessary unless you play Halo 5 or Black OPS 3 (mainly FPS's). Since I am trading in Halo 5 tomorrow, I also returned the Elite to Target today.

In the future I will get the Elite, but right now, it's not feasible with the amount of X1 games I play :/
I pretty much play exclusively competitive FPS games like Halo and CoD haha so yeah I really do want it and don't mind dropping a little extra right now on one (granted I do love all types of games but in terms of the current landscape of gaming I find myself playing fps much more than any other type). It is easier for adapting to new controllers when doing so with a new game like BLOPS3 and its movement mechanics. I wanted to wear in Halo 5 with the new controller but obviously that didnt work and that is why I have been mainly sticking with Destiny for the time being anyway. Rather not get the new controls set in my head on the old controller and then make it that much harder to get accustomed to the new one.

I have 2 profiles set for my trigger hair deadzones, default with abxy remap to paddles 2nd one instantly gives me 15/45 zones for Halo charge weapons, it really is game changing being able to never take your fingers off the sticks.

I am also messing around with the sticks sensitiveness as well, Default for left stick and I use Fast on the right for some Halo movement to speed up the naturally slower sensitivity Halo possesses.

Black ops will be much fun with this controller.

I pretty much play exclusively competitive FPS games like Halo and CoD haha so yeah I really do want it and don't mind dropping a little extra right now on one (granted I do love all types of games but in terms of the current landscape of gaming I find myself playing fps much more than any other type). It is easier for adapting to new controllers when doing so with a new game like BLOPS3 and its movement mechanics. I wanted to wear in Halo 5 with the new controller but obviously that didnt work and that is why I have been mainly sticking with Destiny for the time being anyway. Rather not get the new controls set in my head on the old controller and then make it that much harder to get accustomed to the new one.
Then get it, you won't regret it I promise. I kept picking it up before returning it today because it felt so good lol...

Besides the paddles, the best feature is the thumb sticks. They are so smooth and not loose like regular controllers.

SquareTrade warranties are great warranties for items like this. I've been using them for numerous years and highly recommend them.

For an item like an controller that has no real "repair" scenario since it's whole-unit swapped, when it fails, it's an easy process for getting it taken care of.

When the item fails, you set up a support request with SquareTrade. For a controller, once they realize it needs replacement, they'll issue you a pre-paid FedEx Ground shipping label to ship it off to them. Once they receive it, they'll pay you out in an Amazon GC (with a 2% bonus), Paypal or a check, for full purchase price as shown on your receipt before tax. It's recommended if you get one to send them a copy of your receipt, which helps get the claim paid out. That, and the serial number if it has one.

Until a few months ago, they used to email out 25% off coupons to current customers that work new and current customers, though the last ones I had expired at the end of August. They may start doing that again towards the end of the year around the holidays. Unless they stop doing it, they let you put AquareTrade warranties on items you receive as a gift without a receipt, though that's usually only from Christmas until the end of the year.

So I cannot find anywhere to make a custom sensitivity curve like they said we would be able to for the thumbsticks. I can pick from pre-made ones but cannot create a custom one myself which I was really looking forward to... Is there a way and I just do not see it? Or perhaps it is only on the Windows 10 version of the app? I refuse to upgrade because I run so many types of art software and plugins that it is a major headache to go up an OS so I really hope all the functionality is in the Xbox One app itself..

So I cannot find anywhere to make a custom sensitivity curve like they said we would be able to for the thumbsticks. I can pick from pre-made ones but cannot create a custom one myself which I was really looking forward to... Is there a way and I just do not see it? Or perhaps it is only on the Windows 10 version of the app? I refuse to upgrade because I run so many types of art software and plugins that it is a major headache to go up an OS so I really hope all the functionality is in the Xbox One app itself..
You can only pick premade ones.

I don't think there's a way to do a custom one yet, and I don't think i've seen any new info about it. Right now I have default for left thumbstick and aggressive for right thumbstick since that seems to be what everyone else is using for halo 5.

I don't think there's a way to do a custom one yet, and I don't think i've seen any new info about it. Right now I have default for left thumbstick and aggressive for right thumbstick since that seems to be what everyone else is using for halo 5.
I only have Default, Slow Start, Fast Start and Instant as my available options.... Default and slow start are too slow, Fast start has too much of a slowdown after the initial movement and then Instant is apparently too 'instant' and is causing analog stick drifting...

I just read on Reddit people said their options are Default, Delay, Aggressive, Instant and Smooth which makes sense with you saying you have Aggressive. I traded in my console with the new preview dashboard update and so I am on the old dashboard and perhaps that is why the app doesn't have those options for me?

I only have Default, Slow Start, Fast Start and Instant as my available options.... Default and slow start are too slow, Fast start has too much of a slowdown after the initial movement and then Instant is apparently too 'instant' and is causing analog stick drifting...

I just read on Reddit people said their options are Default, Delay, Aggressive, Instant and Smooth which makes sense with you saying you have Aggressive. I traded in my console with the new preview dashboard update and so I am on the old dashboard and perhaps that is why the app doesn't have those options for me?
Oh yeah, if you're on the old dashboard you don't have a few options. Although fast start sounds a bit like aggressive, because i'm pretty sure it does slow down near the end. It might be the same.

Oh yeah, if you're on the old dashboard you don't have a few options. Although fast start sounds a bit like aggressive, because i'm pretty sure it does slow down near the end. It might be the same.
Looking at the images here of the newer curves http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=183782408

They look much smoother than the ones in the old dashboard. Each of those has a gentle curve to it whereas the Fast Start on mine is just the default curve with the first node ramped up a few spaces. It ends abruptly then and doesnt feel like it goes from fast to slightly slower gradually but rather you turn super fast and then instantly rocket back to normal. I haven't even booted up the new Elite Console yet as I have been playing in the basement where the non-updated X1 stays in case there are any issues with the preview updates. I am loading it up now then to set it up and put the new update on this new unit hopefully so that I can test out the other curves because as of right now they are driving me crazy as none of them feel good to me.

I didn't want to wait for the controller any longer, so I sold my Launch XBone on Craigslist for $250. Then I traded some stuff to GameStop and bought the Elite system. Came out of pocket at just over $100. I can't tell the difference in the HDD though, except for the 1TB of space. I'm still happy with the price.

I didn't want to wait for the controller any longer, so I sold my Launch XBone on Craigslist for $250. Then I traded some stuff to GameStop and bought the Elite system. Came out of pocket at just over $100. I can't tell the difference in the HDD though, except for the 1TB of space. I'm still happy with the price.
While I support the splurging as I did, why did you not just trade the Xbox One directly to Gamestop for the $250 to make it easier plus depending on your area, $250 less of a taxable total?

Are they up to 250? I hadn't checked lately. Didn't figure it was that much. Oh well, not a huge difference.

This controller is REALLY nice. Got the Elite Console and it feels very nice in the hand. I know it's the same dimension as the other one but for some reason it feels better in my hand. I always thought the 360 controller was better and this kinda feels like that for some reason. Picked up a regular controller after using it for a few hours and it felt like a toy. Going to have to figure out what works best for me to play Halo 5. Right now I have, jump, grenade switch, weapon change and reload mapped to the paddles. What is everyone else using?

This controller is REALLY nice. Got the Elite Console and it feels very nice in the hand. I know it's the same dimension as the other one but for some reason it feels better in my hand. I always thought the 360 controller was better and this kinda feels like that for some reason. Picked up a regular controller after using it for a few hours and it felt like a toy. Going to have to figure out what works best for me to play Halo 5. Right now I have, jump, grenade switch, weapon change and reload mapped to the paddles. What is everyone else using?
I dont have h5 anymore or the elite controller...but use Jump on LB.

Then I used

Top Left Paddle: Boost

Bottom left Paddle: Crouch

Top Right Paddle: Sprint

Bottom Right Paddle: switch weapons

Going to have to figure out what works best for me to play Halo 5. Right now I have, jump, grenade switch, weapon change and reload mapped to the paddles. What is everyone else using?
Right now in Halo 5 i'm using default controls, and the paddles are:

bottom left = jump

top left = weapon switch

bottom right = thrust

top right = reload

Jump/thrust being on top or bottom is just preference, you could roll either way but it feels really comfortable to have one on each side. Reload also feels nice being on the right side, but I still have trouble with the top left weapon switch...sometimes I accidentally press it.

Looks like I found a couple of defects with my controller  fuck. P4 seems to be a little different compared to P2 so instead of a clicky paddle like P2 my P4 is squishy. I had it set up as my weapon change and it actually seems faster to press Y than to use P4. I also got a sticky right trigger on the way back when I use the hair trigger. I've seen the sticky trigger issue online but I haven't heard anyone complain about the paddles. Anyone else here having issues with theirs?

I can't have the lower left paddle on, I apparently grip with my left way to tight and my brain wasnt a fan of having two paddles. I have one top on the left and two on the right. In Halo I have Fish Sticks on so Sprint is left thumbstick, melee is right and then boost is left bumper. Then on the left paddle I have it jump, top right is reload and then bottom right is crouch/slide. I have the same set up for Destiny and Call of Duty basically as well.

I can't have the lower left paddle on, I apparently grip with my left way to tight and my brain wasnt a fan of having two paddles. I have one top on the left and two on the right. In Halo I have Fish Sticks on so Sprint is left thumbstick, melee is right and then boost is left bumper. Then on the left paddle I have it jump, top right is reload and then bottom right is crouch/slide. I have the same set up for Destiny and Call of Duty basically as well.
Tried using my controller without P4 today and the controller is more conformable to hold. I think being able to hold it more comfortably is worth losing one paddle but I need to figure out which 3 buttons I want to map to the remaining 3 paddles.

I noticed this on the amazon product page:

Note on Availability:
Due to high customer demand, orders shipped from and sold by Amazon.com placed now are unlikely to be delivered until Spring 2016. Order now and we'll notify you by email when we have an estimated delivery date for this item. Orders will be fulfilled in the order in which they are received.

I noticed this on the amazon product page:

Note on Availability:
Due to high customer demand, orders shipped from and sold by Amazon.com placed now are unlikely to be delivered until Spring 2016. Order now and we'll notify you by email when we have an estimated delivery date for this item. Orders will be fulfilled in the order in which they are received.
Damn, I hope we really don't have to wait that long. I am kicking myself hard for not pre-ordering when I had the chance, I just expected to be able to buy one at the Halo midnight launch, but they literally only had the pre-orders.

At least it's order-able again.
Not any more. Out of stock from BB online again.

I tossed in an order on Amazon and will wait that one out. I'll leave it as a regular credit card order and then once I get the "your shipment date has changed" email about it getting close to shipment, I'll pay it out with Amazon credit.

Amazon link again:

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ZDNNRB8

After playing Halo more last night it made me want the damn Elite even more. I am contemplating just getting a Scuf Infinity1 since then I can use the paddles, I just do not like the lack of on the fly customization both physically and button-mapping related with those. If the Scuf with the same parts as the Elite would cost cheaper I would be tempted but seeing as if I want to build one that would reflect the Elite's abilities it would cost more just seems a bit ridiculous...
Question: Is it confirmed that you can't use the Xbox button remapping via the new controller app with the Scuf controllers? (Or maybe, I'm misunderstanding what you're saying.) I own an Elite myself, but I am curious.

My Elite control is superb, without a single flaw as of yet after 5 hours of play and messing around with different setup and configurations.

I love the bottom paddles as A and B, and the top paddles for X and Y, my 2nd profile switch gives me Bumpers and A B.
Man, I love reading stuff like this. This remapping is for shooters, right?

I've messed around a lot with mine, and since I've put in over 100 hours in Fallout 4, I've had a chance to experiment with different configurations. The winning combo for me in that game ended up being bottom paddles are left/right on the D pad and top paddles are up/down, respectively. With this configuration, I don't have to take my hands off the thumbsticks to change weapons.

Incidentally, I had a 10 minute debate with my son about that configuration. He likes it, but in his opinion, the left paddle should be mapped to down, not up, which means we have separate Fallout 4 configurations on the X1, plus about 4 that I need to delete.

Anyone have any luck finding any Elite Controllers yet? I'm still on the hunt for one, just waiting for Best Buy or anywhere to put one up for sale, still kicking myself for not pre-ordering it before launch. I was a fool to think I'd be able to buy one at the midnight launch for Halo 5, I should have known they'd only send out the pre-orders and no extras.

Anyone have any luck finding any Elite Controllers yet? I'm still on the hunt for one, just waiting for Best Buy or anywhere to put one up for sale, still kicking myself for not pre-ordering it before launch. I was a fool to think I'd be able to buy one at the midnight launch for Halo 5, I should have known they'd only send out the pre-orders and no extras.
BBY had them yesterday....online.

Man, I love reading stuff like this. This remapping is for shooters, right?

I've messed around a lot with mine, and since I've put in over 100 hours in Fallout 4, I've had a chance to experiment with different configurations. The winning combo for me in that game ended up being bottom paddles are left/right on the D pad and top paddles are up/down, respectively. With this configuration, I don't have to take my hands off the thumbsticks to change weapons.

Incidentally, I had a 10 minute debate with my son about that configuration. He likes it, but in his opinion, the left paddle should be mapped to down, not up, which means we have separate Fallout 4 configurations on the X1, plus about 4 that I need to delete.
That seems pretty decent, never thought of remapping the dpad. Makes sense for a game like Fallout.

My load outs are mainly for shooters yes. It just feels right having my jump and boost on bottom paddles.

Lately I have melee on top right and steady aim hold breath [left stick click in] as top left.

100 hours of game play and I use the chat pad now as well. BULKY but feels good once your used to it and you got everything right there at your fingertips.

bread's done
Back