Xbox One Elite Controller Preorder Available at Best Buy / Amazon

Question: Is it confirmed that you can't use the Xbox button remapping via the new controller app with the Scuf controllers? (Or maybe, I'm misunderstanding what you're saying.) I own an Elite myself, but I am curious.
I just moreso meant the parts themselves like the thumbstick changes, hairtriggers and paddles. Those can all be swapped out in a second on the Elite whereas it is a whole process on the Scuff. In terms of digitally mapping the buttons on a Scuff I am not sure.

That seems pretty decent, never thought of remapping the dpad. Makes sense for a game like Fallout.

My load outs are mainly for shooters yes. It just feels right having my jump and boost on bottom paddles.

Lately I have melee on top right and steady aim hold breath [left stick click in] as top left.

100 hours of game play and I use the chat pad now as well. BULKY but feels good once your used to it and you got everything right there at your fingertips.
Thanks for the response. Holding your breath with the left top while zooming with the left trigger sounds interesting. I will try it.

I just moreso meant the parts themselves like the thumbstick changes, hairtriggers and paddles. Those can all be swapped out in a second on the Elite whereas it is a whole process on the Scuff. In terms of digitally mapping the buttons on a Scuff I am not sure.
Ahhh--gotcha.

Gamestop online says you can add to the cart...but it doesn't add to the cart.  I guess that's another missed sale :whistle2:(

EDIT:  Now showing up not available.  It said I had an item in the cart and when I logged in the cart was empty.

Last edited by a moderator:
All of this crazy goin on to get this controller. Makes me super happy that I was not cheap and made a last day trip to my microsoft store in Beachwood to preorder in full. Picked it up next day, minor regret with 150 purchase, immediately wiped away with joy once I held it and got used to the paddles.

The weight just felt right as well, holding the Controller with the middle of my hands basically so I can use my pinky and small finger to hit the paddles without error all while having top fingers for Bumpers and thumbs for the sticks. Very sweet indeed.

All of this crazy goin on to get this controller. Makes me super happy that I was not cheap and made a last day trip to my microsoft store in Beachwood to preorder in full. Picked it up next day, minor regret with 150 purchase, immediately wiped away with joy once I held it and got used to the paddles.

The weight just felt right as well, holding the Controller with the middle of my hands basically so I can use my pinky and small finger to hit the paddles without error all while having top fingers for Bumpers and thumbs for the sticks. Very sweet indeed.
Everyone I have talked to has said the same thing. Once you have the thing in your hands the buyers remorse of spending $150 on a controller is immediately wiped away and replaced with a smile. I'm sure I'll get one, just not confident I'll have one before the end of the year at this point though. I wish I knew someone buying an Elite console and then I could just offer them $150 or $100 and an standard Xbox One controller for the Elite Controller.

Has anyone heard any more on custom add-on's for the controller?  I remember an article about there being Forza 6 themed thumbsticks but that they weren't available for purchase.

Has anyone heard any more on custom add-on's for the controller? I remember an article about there being Forza 6 themed thumbsticks but that they weren't available for purchase.
Not yet, but they're definitely coming. It's too easy for third parties to get in on this. Unless there's some MS prohibition, which I doubt, there should be a good variety of add-ons.

Not yet, but they're definitely coming. It's too easy for third parties to get in on this. Unless there's some MS prohibition, which I doubt, there should be a good variety of add-ons.
Ugh, I hope it's first party or nothing. :) I have nothing against companies like Power-A and Mad Catz and whoever else I can't think of right now, but their products aren't first party.

Maybe something will come along and blow my mind and make me rethink this statement. :)

They are probably holding off on the add-ons until they have these things actually on shelves to buy, which is hopefully soon.

FYI, there is a GS within ~65 miles of me that has the Elite controller in stock.  Check your local store's inventory and see if they have one. If you see a store that has one and is too far away, ask your local store if they will have them transfer it to your store so you can buy it.

FYI, there is a GS within ~65 miles of me that has the Elite controller in stock. Check your local store's inventory and see if they have one. If you see a store that has one and is too far away, ask your local store if they will have them transfer it to your store so you can buy it.
Really? When I ask in store, I'm told there are none in the country. Do their searches have a distance limit?

Are you guys using it as your main controller? I am only using it to play Halo 5 right now and I think I am finally getting used to it. It's definitely a way better controller but my brain did not want to cooperate and I had to keep messing with sticks and sensitivity settings. The only other game I am playing is Fallout 4 but I use my regular controller for that. 

Are you guys using it as your main controller? I am only using it to play Halo 5 right now and I think I am finally getting used to it. It's definitely a way better controller but my brain did not want to cooperate and I had to keep messing with sticks and sensitivity settings. The only other game I am playing is Fallout 4 but I use my regular controller for that.
Hell yes.

The only time I slum it with a stock controller is when I'm eating and playing games at the same time. I don't want potato chip grease on my $150 controller.

You make a great point about the brain not cooperating though. You have to muscle through it until it becomes second nature. The way I think about it is that there is no doubt that it's better to use the bumpers if (a) it means you don't have to move off the control stick or another button; and (b) it doesn't interfere with the gameplay. Sometimes there is a fine line. Example: In the games where you run by pushing in a thumbstick, I found that, initially, I would inadvertently click a bumper button while running. After a while that tendency went away with better finger placement. Anyway, if you realize that you're better off with them, but you're just not used to them, resist the urge to stop using them. You'll get it. Heck, I go back to Atari 2600--one button!

Having said all that, even if you remove the bumpers and use the stock thumbsticks, the controller is still worth $150. I promise.

Really? When I ask in store, I'm told there are none in the country. Do their searches have a distance limit?
I searched online, that radius is 100 miles. I think a GS store can only search within its district, which can be smaller than the online search radius.

Hell yes.

The only time I slum it with a stock controller is when I'm eating and playing games at the same time. I don't want potato chip grease on my $150 controller.

You make a great point about the brain not cooperating though. You have to muscle through it until it becomes second nature. The way I think about it is that there is no doubt that it's better to use the bumpers if (a) it means you don't have to move off the control stick or another button; and (b) it doesn't interfere with the gameplay. Sometimes there is a fine line. Example: In the games where you run by pushing in a thumbstick, I found that, initially, I would inadvertently click a bumper button while running. After a while that tendency went away with better finger placement. Anyway, if you realize that you're better off with them, but you're just not used to them, resist the urge to stop using them. You'll get it. Heck, I go back to Atari 2600--one button!

Having said all that, even if you remove the bumpers and use the stock thumbsticks, the controller is still worth $150. I promise.
I am only using 3 paddles. I was using all 4 but I kept pushing P4 accidentally and I wasn't able to hold the controller comfortably. I feel that I am able to play better using 3 since I have a better grip. I tried using different thumbsticks and different combinations of thumbsticks but I am going to stick with the default short ones, those seem to work best for me. I feel like the taller thumbsticks are too heavy and when I try to move them just a bit to one side it's too easy to over do it.

I am only using 3 paddles. I was using all 4 but I kept pushing P4 accidentally and I wasn't able to hold the controller comfortably. I feel that I am able to play better using 3 since I have a better grip. I tried using different thumbsticks and different combinations of thumbsticks but I am going to stick with the default short ones, those seem to work best for me. I feel like the taller thumbsticks are too heavy and when I try to move them just a bit to one side it's too easy to over do it.
The only game I'm using alternate thumbsticks for--the smooth ones--is Geometry Wars. For whatever reason, they feel "right" for it.

I really want to pick up one of these controllers so bad. But I'm not willing to pay that much just yet. One of these days I will pick one up. :)

I really want to pick up one of these controllers so bad. But I'm not willing to pay that much just yet. One of these days I will pick one up. :)
Once you get over the mental block of buying it and just buy it, your regret will melt away. I haven't even started using mine properly yet and I love it.

bread's done
Back