Xbox One - General Discussion Thread

Very rarely, I'll wait 2-3 minutes and not get a match. It's only happened maybe 3 times since the first night. Did have 1 game that started and I was on the same map everyone voted for, except alone.

Paul, one of my good friends from back in Illinois now lives in Washington and works for Microsoft. I still sexually harrass her on Facebook heh. Does that count? You'd like her. Her wedding invitations and cake were Final Fantasy-themed. ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've only played a couple levels of MCC (Halo CE specifically) and I'm realizing how much I missed it. I cant wait to hop online with a few of you guys (I got a mic now) and have some fun. Team Swat and Doubles was mah shiiiiiit

I loved team doubles, but no playlist for that so far. Haven't checked for myself, but I'm sure it's one of the many options available for custom game setups.

I loved team doubles, but no playlist for that so far. Haven't checked for myself, but I'm sure it's one of the many options available for custom game setups.
Maybe they'll bring it back. Hitting level 45 in team doubles...those were the days. I'm sure I'll have a tough time getting to 10 now ;)

I did this a lot in halo 2 ten years ago.....nice to know I still got it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFVJEO_uCAE&feature=youtu.be

NewEgg has it for $124.99 right now. Search for WDBFJK0040HBK-NESN on NewEgg, as Tapatalk is corrupting the URL. Use promo code EMCWWWE25 for the $124.99 price.
Thanks Shrike! I went ahead and ordered it. A 4 TB drive might go on sale for less during Black Friday time, but I doubt it will be much less.

Yay. More bugs with AC:U I can't wait to beat this and trade it in. 

If only I didn't want to find out what happens I'd trade it in now.

Hopefully someone can answer this for me. I've pretty much moved on from 360, and don't have an X1. However, I still have around $15 on my Live account that I'll probably never spend. My little brother just got an X1. Can I just sign in with my profile on his X1 and buy stuff, and would he then be able to play it on his account?

I know how it worked on 360, but I'm not sure if anything has changed.

Hopefully someone can answer this for me. I've pretty much moved on from 360, and don't have an X1. However, I still have around $15 on my Live account that I'll probably never spend. My little brother just got an X1. Can I just sign in with my profile on his X1 and buy stuff, and would he then be able to play it on his account?

I know how it worked on 360, but I'm not sure if anything has changed.
Make his console the home one on your profile. Should be good.

Today has been the most frustrating day of gaming ever.

Dealing with AC:U bugs/glitches/random freezes. Finally beat then.

Then go to some MCC. Still can't get into a match. The lackluster products being put out is really starting to get to me. 

Too many rushed products shipping out of the door. Given how many separate studios worked on Master Chief Collection and Assassin's Creed I've no doubt that both games were getting rushed out for the holiday season.

Its funny too since Unity was actually delayed two weeks for "polish"

I just beat it. The story was pretty damn bland but I guess none of them really have a great story. It wasn't a bad game and once they clean up the glitches it will be more fun. The Co-op stuff is really where the game shines. Being forced to use the app to unlock chests is really annoying and i wish it would be patched out but I know it wont.

i give it a 7/10. Will pick it up again when it gets cheap to do more of the co-op stuff.

I'm thinking of picking up that $200 500GB Xbox from GS they have for Black Friday.

I've never transferred data from a 360-360, is there a way to select which games I can transfer? I dont want to transfer the games I no longer own onto the new harddrive.

[quote name="Deader2818" post="12248279" timestamp="1416278069"]Its funny too since Unity was actually delayed two weeks for "polish"

I just beat it. The story was pretty damn bland but I guess none of them really have a great story. It wasn't a bad game and once they clean up the glitches it will be more fun. The Co-op stuff is really where the game shines. Being forced to use the app to unlock chests is really annoying and i wish it would be patched out but I know it wont.

i give it a 7/10. Will pick it up again when it gets cheap to do more of the co-op stuff.[/quote]
I agree. I like the openness to the assassination missions. Gives it more replay. Co-op is fun too. There are a lot of good things there, especially if you're an AC fan. But man the bugs are keeping me from getting into it like I have in the past. I think they had all those other teams working on scattering collectibles on the map.

So . . . I guess I have a complaint now for Halo: Master Chief Collection:

The story didn't make 100% sense to me.  I played through it to the end, but about halfway through I was very confused as to how I got to where I was.  After beating the game, I noticed that I didn't get the achievements for beating the game.  Just for completing the last mission.  So, I check my achievements . . . and bam, 90% to completion for completing the story.

"The fuck?", I say to myself.  I scan the achievements rapidly, trying to understand.  "Mission: 343 Guilty Spark isn't completed?"

So, I load into the mission.  And realize "This doesn't seem familiar . . .".  Yup.  The game said I completed this mission.  But I didn't.  It skipped it.  Which explains why I was so confused about halfway through the story.

After beating it, the final achievements all popped.  Thankfully, it was an easy mission.  But damn was that annoying and confusing.  Hopefully the rest of the games aren't so bad.

So . . . I guess I have a complaint now for Halo: Master Chief Collection:

The story didn't make 100% sense to me. I played through it to the end, but about halfway through I was very confused as to how I got to where I was. After beating the game, I noticed that I didn't get the achievements for beating the game. Just for completing the last mission. So, I check my achievements . . . and bam, 90% to completion for completing the story.

"The fuck?", I say to myself. I scan the achievements rapidly, trying to understand. "Mission: 343 Guilty Spark isn't completed?"

So, I load into the mission. And realize "This doesn't seem familiar . . .". Yup. The game said I completed this mission. But I didn't. It skipped it. Which explains why I was so confused about halfway through the story.

After beating it, the final achievements all popped. Thankfully, it was an easy mission. But damn was that annoying and confusing. Hopefully the rest of the games aren't so bad.
yeah that's been a bug since launch. For some reason it either skips 343 and goes to the Library, or it says "library" but loads up 343 correctly.

I can see how the story would be confusing after skipping that level haha. Your first time playing halo? If you need a co-op partner, let me know.

If you don't have me added yet, I'm "BeFlatLine" on Xbox One. I'm playing through all the games in order for the first time now. Feel free to hop in at any time (assuming it'll let you just drop in a game).

I was going through the game on Heroic, but for sanity sake I'm probably going to start playing on normal. Ha.

My only complaint is that I still don't have achievements for the first 2 campaign levels. I've beaten each twice. Both achievements say "Done! Unlocking..." while all other achievements have unlocked normally.

[quote name="dennisb407" post="12251130" timestamp="1416364931"]Looks like there's an outage going on at the moment[/quote]
Looks like it may be getting better now.

Well, now Halo MCC has passed both my wife and I off. Doing co-op, she's enjoying it. We get to the 2nd level and it crashes. We relaunch and bam, no progress at all saved. The fuck is that bullshit? We have to start again from the beginning? fuck you, whoever made this game.

Well, now Halo MCC has passed both my wife and I off. Doing co-op, she's enjoying it. We get to the 2nd level and it crashes. We relaunch and bam, no progress at all saved. The fuck is that bullshit? We have to start again from the beginning? fuck you, whoever made this game.
Thank 343.

Has anyone bought the Shark Cards for GTA in a physical store? I remember the last time I bought a prepaid card for Sunset overdrive Xbox DLC, all it did was add $20 to my Xbox account. Does this do the same with the GTA Shark Cards? If so it could be a nice way to build was Xbox a Play Money. Gamestop has the Shark Card 1/2 off on Black Friday.

Has anyone bought the Shark Cards for GTA in a physical store? I remember the last time I bought a prepaid card for Sunset overdrive Xbox DLC, all it did was add $20 to my Xbox account. Does this do the same with the GTA Shark Cards? If so it could be a nice way to build was Xbox a Play Money. Gamestop has the Shark Card 1/2 off on Black Friday.
since i remember dlc cards always added that amount of money to your account i couljd be incorrect but always happend for me when i did it.

Microsoft dropped some details about the Xbox One's One Year Anniversary courtesy of Major Nelson's blog.

http://majornelson.com/2014/11/19/many-thanks-one-year-xbox-one/

celebrating one year on Xbox One. Beginning Friday, everyone** will get:

• A Year One Gamer Picture
  • New Xbox One backgrounds: A special Year One background as well as an exclusive Day One background for those who unlocked the Day One achievement
  • A Year One background image for use on Twitter, your desktop, etc.
  • A free rental of “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn” (for a limited time)
  • A free rental of “Dragon Ball Z: Battle of the Gods” movie and a sampler pack of “Dragon Ball Z” TV episodes (for a limited time, available in the U.S. and Canada only)
And in addition, fans will be selected at random to receive a special gift from us. The full list of possible gifts include:

• Xbox One Limited Edition Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Bundle
  • Xbox One Special Edition Sunset Overdrive Bundle
  • One month membership for Xbox One-exclusive EA Access service
  • Tiger Shark cash card for Grand Theft Auto V, worth $200,000 in-game GTA Online dollars
  • Forza gift pack with Forza RallyCross hat, Lamborghini Huracán 1/24 scale replica, and Xbox One Controller (launch team edition) signed by Tanner Foust, host of Top Gear America, Global RallyCross champion and professional stunt driver
  • Forza Horizon 2 Limited Edition Casio G-Shock Men’s Black Multi-Function Digital Sports Watch
  • Grand Theft Auto V gift pack with the Los Santos Sheriff Trucker cap, Michael, Franklin and Trevor Posters, and a Grand Theft Auto V sticker pack
  • Xbox Live Gold 12-month membership digital code
  • Killer Instinct Season 1 Combo Breaker Pack, the retail version of Killer Instinct Xbox One’s first season and includes all eight season one characters: Jago, Sabrewulf, Glacius, Thunder, Sadira, Orchid, and Spinal. Also includes Fulgore DLC character.
  • Special limited edition Nissan 370Z, featuring a custom Casio livery for Forza Horizon 2
  • Air Vehicle shortcut for Battlefield 4 for immediate access to all available unlocks for helicopters and jets available in the main Battlefield 4 game
  • Arno’s French Rapier for Assassin’s Creed Unity to improve your combat skills
  • 75 Platinum in Warframe
  • Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare Costume Pack for Peggle 2
  • Epic Quest Table in Pinball FX2
  • Dance Central Spotlight (full game token)
  • Project Spark Premium – 15 days: Grants 2x gain of Spark XP, credits, and champion XP, as well as the ability to purchase new token-only content for earned in-game credits
While we’re just getting started in some markets, we remain committed to all of our incredible fans worldwide and we’re so grateful for your support over the last year. Thank you for helping us celebrate this incredible milestone.

*The achievements celebration email will be sent to Xbox One customers who purchased prior to October 1, 2014, in our 13 launch markets who opted in to receive Xbox Marketing emails prior to Nov 11, 2014, are 17 years or older and have 10+ hours of usage on Xbox One. You can see which email address (if any) you have opted in, by signing in to your Xbox Live account on Xbox.com, clicking your Gamertag in the upper right, then Profile > Privacy Settings > Contact Preferences.

**The Year One Celebration gift box email will be sent to Xbox One customers who purchased the console between 11/22/13 – 11/11/14, in our 13 launch markets, are 17 years or older and have 10+ hours of usage on Xbox One.

Nice! Major Nelson also tweeted yesterday that there is also going to be a lot of sales on live marketplace too.

Microsoft dropped some details about the Xbox One's One Year Anniversary courtesy of Major Nelson's blog.

• New Xbox One backgrounds: A special Year One background as well as an exclusive Day One background for those who unlocked the Day One achievement
  • A free rental of “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn” (for a limited time)
  • A free rental of “Dragon Ball Z: Battle of the Gods” movie and a sampler pack of “Dragon Ball Z” TV episodes (for a limited time, available in the U.S. and Canada only)
And in addition, fans will be selected at random to receive a special gift from us. The full list of possible gifts include:

• Xbox One Limited Edition Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Bundle
  • Xbox One Special Edition Sunset Overdrive Bundle
  • Tiger Shark cash card for Grand Theft Auto V, worth $200,000 in-game GTA Online dollars
  • Forza gift pack with Forza RallyCross hat, Lamborghini Huracán 1/24 scale replica, and Xbox One Controller (launch team edition) signed by Tanner Foust, host of Top Gear America, Global RallyCross champion and professional stunt driver
  • Forza Horizon 2 Limited Edition Casio G-Shock Men’s Black Multi-Function Digital Sports Watch
  • Grand Theft Auto V gift pack with the Los Santos Sheriff Trucker cap, Michael, Franklin and Trevor Posters, and a Grand Theft Auto V sticker pack
  • Killer Instinct Season 1 Combo Breaker Pack, the retail version of Killer Instinct Xbox One’s first season and includes all eight season one characters: Jago, Sabrewulf, Glacius, Thunder, Sadira, Orchid, and Spinal. Also includes Fulgore DLC character.
  • Special limited edition Nissan 370Z, featuring a custom Casio livery for Forza Horizon 2
  • Air Vehicle shortcut for Battlefield 4 for immediate access to all available unlocks for helicopters and jets available in the main Battlefield 4 game
  • Arno’s French Rapier for Assassin’s Creed Unity to improve your combat skills
  • 75 Platinum in Warframe
  • Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare Costume Pack for Peggle 2
  • Epic Quest Table in Pinball FX2
  • Dance Central Spotlight (full game token)
  • Project Spark Premium – 15 days: Grants 2x gain of Spark XP, credits, and champion XP, as well as the ability to purchase new token-only content for earned in-game credits
While we’re just getting started in some markets, we remain committed to all of our incredible fans worldwide and we’re so grateful for your support over the last year. Thank you for helping us celebrate this incredible milestone.

*The achievements celebration email will be sent to Xbox One customers who purchased prior to October 1, 2014, in our 13 launch markets who opted in to receive Xbox Marketing emails prior to Nov 11, 2014, are 17 years or older and have 10+ hours of usage on Xbox One. You can see which email address (if any) you have opted in, by signing in to your Xbox Live account on Xbox.com, clicking your Gamertag in the upper right, then Profile > Privacy Settings > Contact Preferences.

**The Year One Celebration gift box email will be sent to Xbox One customers who purchased the console between 11/22/13 – 11/11/14, in our 13 launch markets, are 17 years or older and have 10+ hours of usage on Xbox One.
Thats really fantastic!

Have a Day One XB1, don't have the achievement.  Wonder how that will work out.

The free gifts are cool as well assuming everyone has a chance at a least one.  Don't expect many free system given out.

Does anybody know offhand if the Day One Acheivment and the pack-in Day Ohe Controller still sealed in the black bag have any value. Is that Acheivment even still valid I have one but its in the Day One box which is in storage so I can't check it myself.

Thanks

• A free rental of “Dragon Ball Z: Battle of the Gods” movie and a sampler pack of “Dragon Ball Z” TV episodes (for a limited time, available in the U.S. and Canada only)
  • Tiger Shark cash card for Grand Theft Auto V, worth $200,000 in-game GTA Online dollars
  • Forza gift pack with Forza RallyCross hat, Lamborghini Huracán 1/24 scale replica, and Xbox One Controller (launch team edition) signed by Tanner Foust, host of Top Gear America, Global RallyCross champion and professional stunt driver
  • Forza Horizon 2 Limited Edition Casio G-Shock Men’s Black Multi-Function Digital Sports Watch
  • Grand Theft Auto V gift pack with the Los Santos Sheriff Trucker cap, Michael, Franklin and Trevor Posters, and a Grand Theft Auto V sticker pack
  • Killer Instinct Season 1 Combo Breaker Pack, the retail version of Killer Instinct Xbox One’s first season and includes all eight season one characters: Jago, Sabrewulf, Glacius, Thunder, Sadira, Orchid, and Spinal. Also includes Fulgore DLC character.
  • Special limited edition Nissan 370Z, featuring a custom Casio livery for Forza Horizon 2
  • Air Vehicle shortcut for Battlefield 4 for immediate access to all available unlocks for helicopters and jets available in the main Battlefield 4 game
  • Project Spark Premium – 15 days: Grants 2x gain of Spark XP, credits, and champion XP, as well as the ability to purchase new token-only content for earned in-game credits
While we’re just getting started in some markets, we remain committed to all of our incredible fans worldwide and we’re so grateful for your support over the last year. Thank you for helping us celebrate this incredible milestone.
Ha, that's pretty sweet. No Titanfall stuff lol, all Forza and GTA V. I could care less about GTA V MP though (and I used to be big on that topic and ththe GTA CAG forum.

I think anyone with the Day One acheievement should get something besides a damn background.

bread's done
Back