Xbox One - General Discussion Thread

Just showed up on my doorstep although I am at work now. I bought it for the One only because my friends party chat on the One.

I actually bought Type-0 for Type-0, not for the demo. I am excited because it's going back to open world (well world map). Although I will be downloading the XV demo and playing it tomorrow.
I picked it up after work today. I haven't played much of Type-0 yet, but I really like what I have played so far. I've been playing the Final Fantasy XV demo for the last hour or so and wow, is it good. I was already hyped for XV, but now I am beyond hyped to get my hands on the full game. It's great to see Final Fantasy come back in a big way, I'm in the camp that didn't care for XIII much and have been waiting for a return to form for the series for awhile now.

Ea did great job making battlefield feel fresh much needed I'm enjoying hardline. Now it's cods turn
Hardline has a couple of fun new modes like hotwire and bloodmoney, but the other ones are lacking. It also felt like we kept palying the same 2 maps over and over. I dont know, I can see myself getting bored with it and i'll probably stick to BF4.

I picked it up after work today. I haven't played much of Type-0 yet, but I really like what I have played so far. I've been playing the Final Fantasy XV demo for the last hour or so and wow, is it good. I was already hyped for XV, but now I am beyond hyped to get my hands on the full game. It's great to see Final Fantasy come back in a big way, I'm in the camp that didn't care for XIII much and have been waiting for a return to form for the series for awhile now.
Not sure if you know this. But from what I heard the FF15 demo is actually kind of a stand alone thing. It was made just to be a demo of the full game and acts kind of like a prequel to the full game. Sort of like how Ground Zero was to MetalGearSolid5.

Not sure if you know this. But from what I heard the FF15 demo is actually kind of a stand alone thing. It was made just to be a demo of the full game and acts kind of like a prequel to the full game. Sort of like how Ground Zero was to MetalGearSolid5.
Yeah I know, I was wondering if your stats will carry over to the full game. If that is the case I will be getting FFXV on the One, but otherwise plan on getting it for PS4.

Gof damn this is frustrating. I pay for 6mnps and usually test at about 7.5. Wrll anyway whenever my xbox is fownloading something it drops to about 1-2 basically unudable. I usually have bo problems with fowbloafing a file or two on my pc and streaming something on hulu at same time but this really makes me not want to deal with digital at all. Am i the only one with this problem

Gof damn! Lol

I finally got the Pterodactyl costume in Costume Quest 2 (going through my backlog) but I had to look it up because I missed the black door that let's you go to the 2nd floor balcony on the "white and purple building". Jeez

Gof damn this is frustrating. I pay for 6mnps and usually test at about 7.5. Wrll anyway whenever my xbox is fownloading something it drops to about 1-2 basically unudable. I usually have bo problems with fowbloafing a file or two on my pc and streaming something on hulu at same time but this really makes me not want to deal with digital at all. Am i the only one with this problem
You should try downloading instead of fownloading. Downloading is usually a faster mnps, fownloading is typically as slow as fowbloafing a file.

I did not know this. Will turn on that demo first thing tonight. I don't know if I will go back to playing Type-0 right away seeing Borderlands comes out on Tuesday and my xbox friends and GF will be playing the hell out of it so I will be too.

I did not know this. Will turn on that demo first thing tonight. I don't know if I will go back to playing Type-0 right away seeing Borderlands comes out on Tuesday and my xbox friends and GF will be playing the hell out of it so I will be too.
I didn't even realize that Borderlands was coming out Tuesday!?! I want to pick up the collection, but I think I will pass next week since I'll be getting Bloodborne. Hopefully I can get a deal on Borderlands when I am ready to pick it up though, should be great on next-gen.

Sorry stupid phone keyboard
You're good man, I was just giving you a hard time. Fownloading is a great typo btw, I will probably say this all the time now. To seriously answer your question though. If you are on Wi-Fi you may want to look into upgrading your router if it's an older model. I have a Nighthawk and get some pretty good speeds from it. You also may want to call your ISP and make sure you are getting what you are paying for, those ISPs can been sneaky sometimes.

You're good man, I was just giving you a hard time. Fownloading is a great typo btw, I will probably say this all the time now. To seriously answer your question though. If you are on Wi-Fi you may want to look into upgrading your router if it's an older model. I have a Nighthawk and get some pretty good speeds from it. You also may want to call your ISP and make sure you are getting what you are paying for, those ISPs can been sneaky sometimes.
The second one was better:

fowbloafing

Direct wired connection one of the main reasons I decided to move my desk. And yes I'm consistently getting the speeds i'm paying for and beyond when the xbox internet is idle. If only I could pause/resume downloads from the phone app that would be decent. I'm kinda mad right now because I qued up the titanfall dlc from my phone at the movie theatre and it didn't start downloading while i was at the movie. Do those features stop working if you don't turn on your xbox for a few days?

Direct wired connection one of the main reasons I decided to move my desk. And yes I'm consistently getting the speeds i'm paying for and beyond when the xbox internet is idle. If only I could pause/resume downloads from the phone app that would be decent. I'm kinda mad right now because I qued up the titanfall dlc from my phone at the movie theatre and it didn't start downloading while i was at the movie. Do those features stop working if you don't turn on your xbox for a few days?
That's a good question. I know that I have had issues in the past with digital pre-orders not automatically installing or pre-installing when they should be. Have you tried a different Ethernet cable?

That's a good question. I know that I have had issues in the past with digital pre-orders not automatically installing or pre-installing when they should be. Have you tried a different Ethernet cable?
Yeah i replaced it the other day because i wanted a white cable to match my white xbox. If anything it's the xbox being too agressive with use of bandwith. Heck my ps4 the other day downloaded a 9gb patch for a game and I didn't even notice any degradation of my internet speed

Yeah i replaced it the other day because i wanted a white cable to match my white xbox. If anything it's the xbox being too agressive with use of bandwith. Heck my ps4 the other day downloaded a 9gb patch for a game and I didn't even notice any degradation of my internet speed
That's strange. I have a PS4 as well and don't really notice a difference in download speeds between either console and I am on Wi-Fi.

Sorry stupid phone keyboard
Nah it's actually stupid CAG forum code. I swear auto correct with my Android is the smartest ever except when it's on here. Yet that was funny because I knew what was happening as I read it, I mean I think it's safe to say we've all been there.

That said I miss tactical keyboards and somebody said you can use a PC keyboard with a Xbox One? Anyone tried this? I'm guessing standard USB, wireless work too?

That's strange. I have a PS4 as well and don't really notice a difference in download speeds between either console and I am on Wi-Fi.
I'm not talking about download speeds i'm talking about overall effect on the rest of my network when something is downloading on the console. My xbox one is like a bandwidth dementor

Nah it's actually stupid CAG forum code. I swear auto correct with my Android is the smartest ever except when it's on here. Yet that was funny because I knew what was happening as I read it, I mean I think it's safe to say we've all been there.

That said I miss tactical keyboards and somebody said you can use a PC keyboard with a Xbox One? Anyone tried this? I'm guessing standard USB, wireless work too?
Any USB keyboard works.

[quote name="el swordo" post="12577167" timestamp="1426772271"]I'm not talking about download speeds i'm talking about overall effect on the rest of my network when something is downloading on the console. My xbox one is like a bandwidth dementor[/quote]
It is possible to set up a rule in some routers to limit the amount of bandwidth a device can use. Also, the Xbox is going to grab as much bandwidth as it can. So while your speed test may be slower you still have the same bandwidth as before, the Xbox is just using that pipe. I miss on the 360 where it would pause downloads while using online features. This wouldn't help when using another device, of course.

[quote name="Burning Karma" post="12577364" timestamp="1426779587"]I always hated that. I'm glad the Xbone doesn't do it.[/quote]
It isn't as big of a deal for me now, but back when I had 3 down it was pretty nice.

Hooked a guy up with a Xbox One at work and he tells me later that he works for TWC.

Super Jelly

I tell him I'm in the land of middle of nowhere/Bandwidth Caps.

:/

Yes goto the Store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com and click on your PSN name and select redeem code. Hope that helps.
Wow thanks man, never knew that. I haven't hooked up my PS4 in forever but I didnt want to pass on a theme lol

Here's a code for a Bloodbourne theme

universal code J4ND-DJNH-K3C7 (remove the hyphens)

Anybody ever have an issue with their XB1 losing wireless connection and than getting a "no ip address found" message after running the connection test? I have had it happen twice in the past few days both times a hard reboot fixed the issue. Both times I was playing Destiny if that matters at all.

Anybody ever have an issue with their XB1 losing wireless connection and than getting a "no ip address found" message after running the connection test? I have had it happen twice in the past few days both times a hard reboot fixed the issue. Both times I was playing Destiny if that matters at all.
Have you tried deleting your profile and readding it?

Here's my review of Ziggurat, the first FPS Roguelike for Xbox One. Please check it out.

http://www.windowscentral.com/ziggurat-review
Never knew this game even existed but if I did not have Borderlands coming on Tuesday I would of bought it right now, lol. This game looks awesome and I love shooters where you kill weird stuff, and rougelikes.

Thanks for the review.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Twitch question. Every time I unsnap the Twitch application (still broadcasting, just not snapped on the screen), and then snap it again, it says I've been disconnected from the chat room. Is this a known issue? and is there any way to reconnect to chat other than stopping and resuming the whole broadcast?

I have a Twitch question. Every time I unsnap the Twitch application (still broadcasting, just not snapped on the screen), and then snap it again, it says I've been disconnected from the chat room. Is this a known issue? and is there any way to reconnect to chat other than stopping and resuming the whole broadcast?
I don't have a solution to fixing it, but do you also have Twitch open on your computer and viewing the chat that way? I've always presumed that you can only be connected to the chat one way, so your most recent connection takes precedence.

bread's done
Back