Xbox One - General Discussion Thread

I'm really looking forward to Forza 5. Probably not gonna get Madden 25 or NBA 2k14 this year, since the 360/PS3 versions will most likely have more features included. 

Regardless of the internet controversy, people need to wait until both consoles come out before saying one thing is better than another. Many policies and plans for the consoles are not even final yet.

I'm wondering if they're next step is to release a SKU without Kinect altogether now that they made it not required. If they do that and drop the price $100 then there will be almost no difference between consoles.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/313133-the-xbox-one-future-owners-discussion-thread-no-drm-debates-etc/

This thread says in the title "what are your thoughts?". People are giving their thoughts.

Here is the link again for the positive hype only thread.
Per the mod at the time:

This thread can stay open, no problem, as long as people follow the rules. No trolling, arguing, or insulting other users.

Report posts that don't follow the rules.

I'd say this thread has went over that line at least a dozen times, perhaps more.

pre order numbers show nothing it does not mean that all those pre orders will turn into legit purchases on launch day. We will not know success of xbox one till at least early 2015.
I'm pretty sure preorders numbers are the reason why Microsoft did multiple 180's with their Xbox One vision. No way would you make drastic changes in your plan if your getting great preorders numbers and response from your consumer.

I'm wondering if they're next step is to release a SKU without Kinect altogether now that they made it not required. If they do that and drop the price $100 then there will be almost no difference between consoles.
Probably won't happen until after the 2013 holiday season. They are already committed enough on production, it's too late to be introducing a different package. So don't expect to see a Kinect-less bundle before 2014. If the XBox One's sales through early 2014 are strong enough, don't expect to see one until much later than that.

The Kinect+ might be a turn-off for some game enthusiasts. But it is actually a desirable feature for most families. Young families are a major potential market for the device going into the holiday season. The Kinect+ is ideal for younger children. Older children and fathers get to enjoy an improved controller and game support. And mothers get a means to control their cable feed. Selling a device like this to families is a much easier pitch than appealing to core gaming demographics.

This audience is also more likely to be able to afford the console at launch. A lot of the core game enthusiast is made up of older teens, young adults, and college students. Most of this crowd tends to have less in the way of disposable income. Some of them might save up for such devices, but none of them will be dropping that kind of money on a whim. Stable high-income families are a more viable target. They are more likely to be able to afford the device, and more likely to already be paying for the services necessary to fully take advantage of the XBox One's feature set.

Microsoft and Sony are going after different demographics. I can't honestly blame Microsoft for their decision to bundle the Kinect with the system. It may actually end up paying off for them if they are able to reach the kind of audience that the Wii U has failed to capitalize on.

Per the mod at the time:

This thread can stay open, no problem, as long as people follow the rules. No trolling, arguing, or insulting other users.

Report posts that don't follow the rules.

I'd say this thread has went over that line at least a dozen times, perhaps more.

Agreed. Close this thing.

I'm pretty sure preorders numbers are the reason why Microsoft did multiple 180's with their Xbox One vision. No way would you make drastic changes in your plan if your getting great preorders numbers and response from your consumer.
ms cares about pre order numbers but in the end we will not know much about both systems till after xmas of 2014.

this is what im talking about stop with the trolling comments
Second-guessing Microsoft isn't trolling. Applying basic logic to the situation at hand and coming up with conclusions you aren't comfortable with isn't trolling either. Even saying that you don't think the XBox One will be very good isn't trolling. (especially since this thread is meant for general discussion)

I'm sorry if everyone isn't drinking the kool-aid or burying their heads in the sand. But not everyone is going to just fall into step behind Microsoft on this one.

Second-guessing Microsoft isn't trolling. Applying basic logic to the situation at hand and coming up with conclusions you aren't comfortable with isn't trolling either. Even saying that you don't think the XBox One will be very good isn't trolling. (especially since this thread is meant for general discussion)

I'm sorry if everyone isn't drinking the kool-aid or burying their heads in the sand. But not everyone is going to just fall into step behind Microsoft on this one.

This is the X1 forum though. This trolling isn't allowed in the PS4 forum.

I just wish they would move this debate to where it really should be, gaming/industry news. You guys can still bitch and we can stay here and talk about the X1. But that must be too logical!

it's a matter of time till this topic gets closed also. Just so you ms trolls understand this is a fourm about xbox one is coming and what are you looking forward to NOT a topic about why ms sucks and why xbox one sucks. It's always the same dang people that come here and try to get stuff going for drama SAME PEOPLE. If you don't like xbox one this topic is not for yo uread the dang title of topic. The thing is the same people that come here and start stuff is the same people that attack you if you go in the other big two forums and say something bad then they jump on you about that but it's ok for them to come here and bash xbox one left and right.
But if the fanboy-haters didn't have this place to come to to vent their spleens, they might go out into public. You know, drive cars, go shopping....hell, they may even want to go and VOTE or something....how scary is that, knowing that the same kind of "logic" applied to console purchasing decisions may also be helping elect "leaders" in some parts of the world? The world is a safer place with such people stuck to their keyboards fighting their good console warz fights.

I mean, I was on one forum, may even have been this one, the other day, an a guy was going on about how he didn't even really care about gaming any more, he had other hobbies he liked more....and yet, he still devoted about 5-6 hours a day, judging by the number and timing of his posts, to ripping on Microsoft and offering virtually unconditional support for Sony. Over five hours of posting post after post, paragraph after paragraph....and yet he claims that it's no big deal to him....so not only are the intarwebz full of fanboys looking to stir the shit, they are also full of pathological liars who then deny the fact that they're trying to stir it.

This is the X1 forum though. This trolling isn't allowed in the PS4 forum.

I just wish they would move this debate to where it really should be, gaming/industry news. You guys can still bitch and we can stay here and talk about the X1. But that must be too logical!
What's logical is the people that asked for a thread for positivity use the thread that was created for that very purpose which has been posted several times on this page.

And let's face it, the things we are looking forward to can't be discussed since they seem to flip-flop on everything recently anyways. What's the point in discussing anything about this system since there's no guarantee MS will stick to their guns. Amirite!?

Last edited by a moderator:
What's logical is the people that asked for a thread for positivity use the thread that was created for that very purpose which has been posted several times on this page.

And let's face it, the things we are looking forward to can't be discussed since they seem to flip-flop on everything recently anyways. What's the point in discussing anything about this system since there's no guarantee MS will stick to their guns. Amirite!?
i don't mind people coming in here saying hey im not a fan what ms has done and how they did a 180. The issue most people have is these people just like the thread that was closed comes in here JUST to start drama and those are the same people that jump and bash us when we go to a ps or wii thread and say something bad about their systems.

How is it trolling? The supporters of the Xbox One asked for a thread where they could positively discuss it. It was created, it has little to no activity. This is simply FACT.
plz tell me why it's ok for you and others to come here and bash xbox one but when people go to ps and nintendo forums and bash it you guys jump all of them. Guess what erad all 3 gaming system companys have flaws none of them are perfect so stop jumping over people when they bash nintendo and sony.

Gotta ask those who come here to defend their purchasing decisions:  When you get enough wealth to buy a new automobile, will you go around to the message boards about competing makes and spew crap about those makes as well?  Because your cash investment will be one hell of a lot more than a gaming console, and if you get this fired up over a $400-500 gaming system, you must really get all pumped up over a $25,000 car, right?

Gotta ask those who come here to defend their purchasing decisions: When you get enough wealth to buy a new automobile, will you go around to the message boards about competing makes and spew crap about those makes as well? Because your cash investment will be one hell of a lot more than a gaming console, and if you get this fired up over a $400-500 gaming system, you must really get all pumped up over a $25,000 car, right?
i have paid for many brand new cars in my life what a dumb comparison

Debates are going to happen. Just keep it intelligible.

Don't get pissed because someone expresses views different then you.

i don't mind people coming in here saying hey im not a fan what ms has done and how they did a 180. The issue most people have is these people just like the thread that was closed comes in here JUST to start drama and those are the same people that jump and bash us when we go to a ps or wii thread and say something bad about their systems.
Except the people who come in here and give thought out opinions about why they aren't being sold on the Xbox One still get criticized by people who support it or just outright shrugged off as "trolls". I haven't seen the Wii thread, but I know the PS4 thread actually had discussion when the problems with the PS3/4 came up. Sometimes the problems were agreed with, other times it was a noticeable reach just to find something to complain against.

Is it really just to start drama? And have I openly bashed you in other forums? I generally try to stick to reasonable persuasion and leave the personal attacks alone. (they never accomplish anything on forums)

At the end of the day, the XBox One has a lot to prove, and less time to do it in. I freely acknowledge that the system is not doomed, and might do quite well. Pre-order numbers aren't really relevant, largely thanks to speculators snatching up early supply in order to take advantage of holiday demand. The current situation is far more relevant to fans like us, and won't matter to the general consumers that Microsoft is gunning for.

However, it is a hard truth that Microsoft is not necessarily catering to the core gaming demographic. The XBox One was not designed specifically for that audience. That audience might still find a lot in the product that they are able to enjoy and appreciate. But Microsoft is focused on a broader target this time around.

Except the people who come in here and give thought out opinions about why they aren't being sold on the Xbox One still get criticized by people who support it or just outright shrugged off as "trolls". I haven't seen the Wii thread, but I know the PS4 thread actually had discussion when the problems with the PS3/4 came up. Sometimes the problems were agreed with, other times it was a noticeable reach just to find something to complain against.
i have seen alot of non discussion bassion in ps4 thread. i have been called many nasty things when i disagreed on a thing that came out about ps4

Uh please show one post where I have bashed anybody for "jumping" all over Nintendo and/or Sony. Really, just one. I haven't "bashed" anybody for supporting Microsoft either. I've pointed out flaws in arguments, which is opinion anyways, which we are all allowed to have. Notice I haven't posted nearly as much in this thread since MS pulled a majority of what is in my and many others opinions bad policies, because I do have a more positive view of the system now. I still have more issues with it than I do with a PS4 or a Wii U and I have repeatedly stated that somewhere down the line I will get one when it has enough good games and an attractive price, with or without Kinect. I've pretty much stated the same for PS4 at this point-While I like the system better the initial launch line-up is shit and I'm not paying $400 for that either. I'm pretty lukewarm on next-gen in general at this point.

Gotta ask those who come here to defend their purchasing decisions: When you get enough wealth to buy a new automobile, will you go around to the message boards about competing makes and spew crap about those makes as well? Because your cash investment will be one hell of a lot more than a gaming console, and if you get this fired up over a $400-500 gaming system, you must really get all pumped up over a $25,000 car, right?

This is a retarded debate. So we are wrong at defending the X1 but the PS4 trolls are ok for spewing their love for the PS4 and hate for the X1?

Maybe that's why Cheapy hasn't changed this forum to match the other and named it the X360 and X1 forum. Maybe the site is just to heavily play station focused and that is why all of this is being allowed.

Doesn't come down to money, comes down to passion. I'm far more passionate about a hobby I've enjoyed my entire life over a car that I only care about getting me from one place to the other.

Some people are passionate about cars. And you will definitely see those people on car forums.

Probably won't happen until after the 2013 holiday season. They are already committed enough on production, it's too late to be introducing a different package. So don't expect to see a Kinect-less bundle before 2014. If the XBox One's sales through early 2014 are strong enough, don't expect to see one until much later than that.

The Kinect+ might be a turn-off for some game enthusiasts. But it is actually a desirable feature for most families. Young families are a major potential market for the device going into the holiday season. The Kinect+ is ideal for younger children. Older children and fathers get to enjoy an improved controller and game support. And mothers get a means to control their cable feed. Selling a device like this to families is a much easier pitch than appealing to core gaming demographics.

This audience is also more likely to be able to afford the console at launch. A lot of the core game enthusiast is made up of older teens, young adults, and college students. Most of this crowd tends to have less in the way of disposable income. Some of them might save up for such devices, but none of them will be dropping that kind of money on a whim. Stable high-income families are a more viable target. They are more likely to be able to afford the device, and more likely to already be paying for the services necessary to fully take advantage of the XBox One's feature set.

Microsoft and Sony are going after different demographics. I can't honestly blame Microsoft for their decision to bundle the Kinect with the system. It may actually end up paying off for them if they are able to reach the kind of audience that the Wii U has failed to capitalize on.
I don't really agree about this because I have young kids and they do like the Kinect but - and this is the important part - there is no content for the X1's Kinect. My 3 and 5 year olds probably can't tell the difference between the original Kinect and a more accurate one. Even if there is a noticable difference to them, they already have Sesame Street kinect TV, once upon a monster, and about half a dozen other Kinect games. What is there for the X1 at launch that's targeting young families? Unless they have secret launch games to be revealed....

i have seen alot of non discussion bassion in ps4 thread. i have been called many nasty things when i disagreed on a thing that came out about ps4
You want a little Sony bashing to balance out the karma? Fine, I have no problem with that. Plenty of material as well...

Sony lucked into it's success in the video game industry. The overwhelming support they received for releasing the PS1 and PS2 was never truly deserved or earned. They waltzed into two console cycles with lackluster products and pitiful customer support and cleaned up through no merit of their own. I was honestly pleased when the PS3 struggled against its contemporaries. While I personally feel the PS3 is far superior to its predecessors, I thought it poetic that Sony was finally forced to stand on their own against solid competition. They had it way too easy, and never earned their success.

Part of the reason why I am so hopeful for the PS4 is because Sony actually looks like their trying for once. After having been put in their place by the previous console cycle, they have been forced into a more humble position. Now they have to take up the mantle of plucky underdog, and many of the design decisions for the PS4 reflect this. It is a leaner, more focused system. In some ways it reminds me of what the 360 was at its inception.

By comparison, Microsoft seems intent on pursuing the market that Nintendo established with the original Wii. They are confident that their exclusive IPs and XBox Live community will keep the 360 crowd coming back for more, so they are comfortable with focusing the design of the XBox One toward attracting a broader audience. It's not a bad idea, but it does place considerably less emphasis on the gaming aspects of the device.

What is there for the X1 at launch that's targeting young families? Unless they have secret launch games to be revealed....
Disney Fantasia. A game specifically designed for the Kinect, by the one developer who has a proven track record of succeeding at Kinect development (Harmonix) and featuring some of the most iconic licensed characters and music in existence. (Disney) And all early reports on the game have been very positive. This game is a no-brainer for kids and adults alike as far as the Kinect+ is concerned. I don't know if it will be available at launch, but it should at least land within 2014.

Past that, I can't say. Harmonix and Double Fine "get" the Kinect, but most other developers simply don't seem to be able to design for it.

This is a retarded debate. So we are wrong at defending the X1 but the PS4 trolls are ok for spewing their love for the PS4 and hate for the X1?

Maybe that's why Cheapy hasn't changed this forum to match the other and named it the X360 and X1 forum. Maybe the site is just to heavily play station focused and that is why all of this is being allowed.
Perhaps I worded my posting incorrectly. It really was more aimed at the people who go out of their way to come to any Xbox related post and vent their collective spleen about how the One is trying to shove their dog's head down the toilet.

I preordered both. As of now I am more excited for the PS4's launch titles, but I am really excited to have the XB1 hardware. I am an all around tech junkie and can't wait to try the TV features because i am expecting it to be a huge step up from the WiiU's TVii (which i use often). I switched my COD:ghosts preorder from ps4 to XB1 simply because of the history MS has had with exclusive DLC premiers. The funny thing is that I think I am most excited to compare and contrast the controllers of each system. I can't wait to see what XB1 does with the haptic feedback triggers. November is gonna be a fun month for tech geeks and gamers alike!!

You are such a troll. Read the OP and stop.
"Report posts that don't follow the rules."

If you feel any posts are breaking the rules you are welcome to report them, rather than stirring up trouble and starting arguments like you always do.

Disney Fantasia. A game specifically designed for the Kinect, by the one developer who has a proven track record of succeeding at Kinect development (Harmonix) and featuring some of the most iconic licensed characters and music in existence. (Disney) And all early reports on the game have been very positive. This game is a no-brainer for kids and adults alike as far as the Kinect+ is concerned. I don't know if it will be available at launch, but it should at least land within 2014.

Past that, I can't say. Harmonix and Double Fine "get" the Kinect, but most other developers simply don't seem to be able to design for it.
I've heard some good things about that but I'll withhold judgement until it's actually released as to it's suitability to a 3 year old. That said, I looked it up and it is also coming out for Xbox 360 so if it's a good game for a 3 year old (or 4 if it comes out next year) then I'll buy it for my 360. Good point though, I forgot about that game.

I'm not sure what all the bitching is about.  Lot's of good discussion of the game industry in here the past couple of days I though.  Just people speculating how sales would go, talking about all MS's changes and whether that would get preorders to pick up or not etc.  Not any bashing that I could tell.

Now I'd agree with one comment that maybe this should just get renamed to more of a general next gen console thread and moved to general gaming, and I'd be fine with that.

I love discussing the industry and the general gaming area here is under utilized.  I'm just spending more time on GAF lately as it's more general industry focused and doesn't get bogged down by trolling and bickering since it's properly moderated unlike CAG that's much more lax.

I'm a big Disney fan and a kinect supporter from day one and I gotta say, what I've seen of Fantasia does not interest me at all. It looks like a generic trippy kinect dance shooter. Hope I'm wrong.

I'm a big Disney fan and a kinect supporter from day one and I gotta say, what I've seen of Fantasia does not interest me at all. It looks like a generic trippy kinect dance shooter. Hope I'm wrong.
That's kind of what was said about Child of Eden to be honest, and if you have not played that... you are doing yourself a massive disservice.

Rent it or something, it is seriously that good. I should say if your not just into pure graphics, but actually like a story, Child of Eden might actually get some emotional triggers while playing it at several points during the story.

Probably the most underrated game I've ever played in my life. Wish it did better at retail, but it's a bit beyond most US gamers :(

That's kind of what was said about Child of Eden to be honest, and if you have not played that... you are doing yourself a massive disservice.

Rent it or something, it is seriously that good. I should say if your not just into pure graphics, but actually like a story, Child of Eden might actually get some emotional triggers while playing it at several points during the story.

Probably the most underrated game I've ever played in my life. Wish it did better at retail, but it's a bit beyond most US gamers :(
I have Child of Eden downloaded and tried it with Kinect. I thought it was too hard and couldn't get through the first couple levels.

I had Child of Eden.  I can appreciate it, but it wasn't for me.....if that makes sense.  And that is what this Fantasia game looks like.  To me, Fantasia is kind of a sacred Disney cow, but Harmonix is a damn good developer.  I think that whatever they do will be decent, just maybe not for me. 

Any word on if there is going to be a difference between the current gen and next-gen NBA 2K's? Thinking I'll pick up 2K14 on XB1 just to have another game on it and I'm okay with waiting till November to play it.

Any word on if there is going to be a difference between the current gen and next-gen NBA 2K's? Thinking I'll pick up 2K14 on XB1 just to have another game on it and I'm okay with waiting till November to play it.

I haven't heard anything, but I would assume that no difference will be had. The next gen versions will play smoother, and less of that frame stutter.

all i heard is the updated grapchis sad thing is pc is not even getting next gen graphics but not shocked seeing they don't put alot of features into the pc version

I agree with Timbo. I don't understand why we can't have a place to be excited about the X1 and the games that are coming up. Once again our thread is getting ruined.
It seems even the site alone is skewed against Xbox One as it isn't referenced in the forum title still. Yet PS4 was added to the Sony forum title right after launch.

It seems even the site alone is skewed against Xbox One as it isn't referenced in the forum title still. Yet PS4 was added to the Sony forum title right after launch.
conspiracy-theory-movie-mel-gibson-julia.jpg

of course because people think 100 dollers extra makes the xbox one worst game system ever. With it being 100 dollers more i think xbox one will be the first system with a price drop.

of course because people think 100 dollers extra makes the xbox one worst game system ever. With it being 100 dollers more i think xbox one will be the first system with a price drop.
Depends on how it sells. If it sells well, no reason for a drop.

You might see a Xbox one with no kinect for cheaper.

bread's done
Back