Xbox One - General Discussion Thread

Ok, I do think its great that you can get Fifa for free when you pre-order an xone but I dont know how huge that will be since you can still buy a ps4 with fifa for 40 bucks less.

I do think people won't care about $40 if they want Fifa, which in Europe they will. Although the Xbox brand isn't nearly as big in Europe, right? They basically need a pack in like this to stand a decent chance there I think.

Like I said, don't get me wrong, its nice since they could not give you anything at all, just doesnt seem as huge as its being made out to be.

I do think another thing working against both consoles is the tremendous amount of titles that are going to be available on current gen-Casual customer is going to take one look at those games and go, shit I can get 99% of these on something I already own or that's half the price. Yeah they'll look a little prettier on the new consoles, but not $200+ prettier. Hell you can't even play GTA V on those, that'll turn a lot of people away.

Last edited by a moderator:
No need to apologize for having brain damage, brah.

Seriously. WTF does this add besides nothing. I get it that you guys like to see his reaction, but enough is enough.

Like I said, don't get me wrong, its nice since they could not give you anything at all, just doesnt seem as huge as its being made out to be.
If they have something good out in the US then I would switch my preorder. Unfortunately the US is taken for granted. How bad must preorders in Europe have been? I mean they cut the number of launch countries in half and they still had to throw in a bribe for their 2nd biggest market.

Well Sony bragged about having over a million pre-orders, MS didn't say how many they had, let's play the leap to conclusions game!

If they have something good out in the US then I would switch my preorder. Unfortunately the US is taken for granted. How bad must preorders in Europe have been? I mean they cut the number of launch countries in half and they still had to throw in a bribe for their 2nd biggest market.

We don't know if a game will be included in the US or lot yet.

I wouldn't be surprised if they included Madden, but Madden's already having issues, it wouldn't be a great pack-in, I was just hearing on the Player One podcast how their first patch will be to fix a bug that makes players invisible. Great start EA...

Seriously. WTF does this add besides nothing. I get it that you guys like to see his reaction, but enough is enough.
It could be the way he is incapable of posting without throwing in some kind of asshole remark. I'm not really sure.

I wouldn't be surprised if they included Madden, but Madden's already having issues, it wouldn't be a great pack-in, I was just hearing on the Player One podcast how their first patch will be to fix a bug that makes players invisible. Great start EA...
what do you mean madden is having issues lol k's of people will be line up next monday night at midnight at gamestops all over the u.s to get madden 25 sometimes i shake my head at what you say.

Dead Rising 3 looks soooo good!

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/08/20/dead-rising-3-demo-gamescom-2013

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/08/20/dead-rising-3-demo-gamescom-2013

Would be odd to pack in Madden since at that point it would be 3 months old and they are already offering to upgrade to the Xbox one version for $10.

I honestly doubt they pack in any game considering their numbers here are likely fine.

Fifa is only a bonus if you pre-order so you would think if they were to give a game for free here, they would say so now to get people to go out and pre-order.

i agree a bundle sports game with xbox one in this country is not a system seller like fifa in eu. i think ms should include one of their xbox one only game in the system

what do you mean madden is having issues lol k's of people will be line up next monday night at midnight at gamestops all over the u.s to get madden 25 sometimes i shake my head at what you say.
Uh was I talking about sales issues, no I was not. I was talking about about specific bug mentioned on a podcast that shows EA doesn't completely have their shit together on Madden performance-wise. Try reading a post for once.

Would be odd to pack in Madden since at that point it would be 3 months old and they are already offering to upgrade to the Xbox one version for $10.

I honestly doubt they pack in any game considering their numbers here are likely fine.

Fifa is only a bonus if you pre-order so you would think if they were to give a game for free here, they would say so now to get people to go out and pre-order.
yeah no way madden is in the system seeing that game will be a big seller on launch day for alot of people.

Uh was I talking about sales issues, no I was not. I was talking about about specific bug mentioned on a podcast that shows EA doesn't completely have their shit together on Madden performance-wise. Try reading a post for once.
what bug? i played madden 25 at e3 and have a early copy of the game and this is by far the best madden maybe on this gen. I have been playing madden every year since the first one in 89 so i know what is a bad madden game.

what bug? i played madden 25 at e3 and have a early copy of the game and this is by far the best madden maybe on this gen. I have been playing madden every year since the first one in 89 so i know what is a bad madden game.
Did you get an early copy because you bought it from work before release date?

Again, I literally just said this was mentioned on the Player One podcast. God you are dense. Here:

Madden NFL 25 Will Get Day One Patch to Fix Invisible Players

SHARE:

Adjust text size:
news_textminus2.png
news_textplus2.png

- Not invisible

The demo for Madden NFL 25 might be a good way to promote the game, but it has also revealed a pretty serious bug that affects gameplay, with situations where certain players become invisible and can no longer be returned to their normal state.

The EA Sports team working on the American football sim says that it is aware of the issue and that it will release a patch for the game on launch day to fix it.

The official Twitter account says, “UPDATE: A fix for the vanishing players is in Title Update #1, which will be available for download when #Madden25 launches on 8/27.”

Madden is one of the biggest video game series for Electronic Arts and a serious bug on launch could affect sales and the overall revenue of the company.

The new NFL simulation will be launched on August 27 on the PlayStation 3 and the Xbox 360, with versions for the Xbox One and the PlayStation 4 also in development.

if you are talkinga bout invisiable players that is gone from the game the demo from what im hearing was a build of the game from back in may and i played tons of games at e3 and since i got the early copy this past sunday and it's no where to be seen.

Then why is that article talking about a patch for the day of release? That article is only a few days old, not months old.

if you are talkinga bout invisiable players that is gone from the game the demo from what im hearing was a build of the game from back in may and i played tons of games at e3 and since i got the early copy this past sunday and it's no where to be seen.
Uh, that article he just posted pretty much said that EA is aware of the issue and there will be a day one patch to fix it.

Unless you know something EA doesn't know.

Well remember, this is the same dude who claimed he could return any opened game by whining enough at customer service. Claimed he did it all the time, then claimed he didn't buy many games. Then claimed he had inside scoops...

i had a patch the day i put the game in my system soo good chance that's what it was plus madden gets early release for season ticket holders on friday which means the patch had to be ready by then also.

Well remember, this is the same dude who claimed he could return any opened game by whining enough at customer service. Claimed he did it all the time, then claimed he didn't buy many games. Then claimed he had inside scoops...
like it's hard to get early copy even i did not get it right from EA. heck a friend of mine told me today a local small mom and pop store is already selling madden 25.

Uh, that article he just posted pretty much said that EA is aware of the issue and there will be a day one patch to fix it.

Unless you know something EA doesn't know.
The patch is most likely already done, passed Q&A, and is simply waiting to be downloaded.

Since he is saying he has a copy of the game, it's likely he would download a patch.

I hope the NA Xbox One comes with a game too, maybe BF4? Its an EA title just like FIFA and would help EA/DICE in exposure/DLC sales against COD:Ghosts

like it's hard to get early copy even i did not get it right from EA. heck a friend of mine told me today a local small mom and pop store is already selling madden 25.
Someone should report them for breaking street date. I know at Target we would get fined if someone caught it.

The invisible player bug I thought was only on the PS3. I can't remember. I played the demo on both of my systems and did see it but can't remember for which one. Oops...

The patch is most likely already done, passed Q&A, and is simply waiting to be downloaded.

Since he is saying he has a copy of the game, it's likely he would download a patch.
i have got games like two weeks before launch before had had a patch to download. seeing people get review copys of games weeks before release the patche have to be ready to go. Patches have steps that have to be done which includes ms approvoing the patch. can't be done in just a week.

Someone should report them for breaking street date. I know at Target we would get fined if someone caught it.

He didn't break street date. He was given an advanced copy...

He didn't break street date. He was given an advanced copy...
I was not talking about Timbo at all. I was talking about the store that is selling the game already.

Not being mean but you really need to work on your reading comprehension

I saw one in Oregon when I lived there.

I know California only has like one store.
shopko is bigger then you think over 300 stores and competes with target and walmart year in year out

Breaking street date is pretty serious, lol, esp something like a mom and pop store that they would have no problem with pulling any shipments to them.
why would you care? what they do does it affect you?

early copys of games are sold non stop on ebay and you don't see game companys cracking down on that

if you know the right people at gamestop they will sell you games couple days early.

And claimed to have transcripts because he went to college for IT. Plus, he absolutely never sticks to his story:

no i was sent one directly from EA
like it's hard to get early copy even i did not get it right from EA.

dude i said in my area if i did not get one from EA it would have been easy to get one seeing a local small store is selling them plus even if i got a copy for free im buying the 100 doller version on amazon for nfl sunday ticket

bread's done
Back