Xbox One - General Discussion Thread

cboat's back and he's got quite the info. Here's a translation:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=663273
My job is safe and your tender tear buckets make flowers grow.

cboat_truthfact1prw6.gif
:rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
Best part about it not being Nov 8th is that I get paid three time in November. Instead of going 100% to savings, a portion will be paying for my X1 and games :D

Hopefully we get a date at PAX.

OMFG. I didn't even look ahead. I get paid 3 times. This is PERFECT.

xbox one out nov 15th lol nooo way that happens at least i hope for the safety of the fanboys of those systems waiting in line with each other. :bouncy:
Yeah because that is not what Cboat is saying... Training for Xbox customer support staff on X1 begins that day.

Xbox One contact reps are being called in for November 15th.

New CS software implemented for November 15th w/ support for taxonomy for Xbox One.

Yeah because that is not what Cboat is saying... Training for Xbox customer support staff on X1 begins that day.

Because he was soooo right last week! :lol:

We seen how awful on live was and still amazing that service is still up and running seeing how awful that system works i was one of the idiots that paid for that system.
The nature of OnLive was to have a constantly streaming video service. Supposedly, PSN is promising a similar service with its Gaikai integration. Both of those approaches required an even faster and steadier connection than what XBox One's cloud system will require. Microsoft isn't proposing a constantly streaming video connection or service, but rather something more manageable. A constant and steady stream of high-definition video is more demanding than just having immediate optional access to cloud computing.

The big issue here is how developers implement these "cloud" features. The Drive-atar AI development that the Forza team is proposing sounds like a pretty good use of the feature. The AI stored on the cloud will be able to update constantly based on aggregated input and response from thousands of users' play-sessions. That's a pretty nifty use of the technology.

Isn't it though! I might even grab a couple extra games. Once I figured that out, my face lit up and I got a stiff eye roll from the wife.

I've got a plan to stack up some GS credit so we'll see how that goes, but I shouldn't need more then $200 out of my checks.

I was going to pre order a controller for both systems, but I won't need it for a bit.

Looking forward to launch day a little more now.

Preordered GTAV from the MS Store.  They're giving $20 in Live credit with a preorder.

Coincidentally, this is the exact amount of Live credit needed to purchase Killer Instinct on Day One.

Yeah, looking forward to launch day a little more now...

Looking forward to launch day a little more now.

Preordered GTAV from the MS Store. They're giving $20 in Live credit with a preorder.

Coincidentally, this is the exact amount of Live credit needed to purchase Killer Instinct on Day One.

Yeah, looking forward to launch day a little more now...

Damn that's a great point!

[quote name="mr.me" post="11019290" timestamp="1377705499"]
He's way ahead of you on that one![/quote]
Always so insightful

------

This is very interesting...

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=663625

Curious to hear what my best buds think of this. MS sure did take shit at E3 for using PCs.

Microsoft was using PCs out right. Sony was using "dev kits" which as it says on there, is actually what is inside a PS4 just different casing.

This is very interesting...

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=663625

Curious to hear what my best buds think of this. MS sure did take shit at E3 for using PCs.
Like it did then, it doesn't matter. Companies use dev kits and usually they have different casings to do so. Not big news.

Though, aren't you one of the people who complain when PS4 is brought up in this thread? Shouldn't this have been posted on the PS4 thread?

He actually likes PS4 being brought up just as long as it's negative or what he thinks is negative in his imaginary world.

I didn't want to mess up your pretty thread over there!

And the X1 retail kits were used at Gamescon :)

Just sayin...

Yeah, I definitely be interested in seeing what Epic could do with a new IP.

Especially after how awesome The Last of Us was from Naughty Dog after banging out 3 Uncharted games.

As I've said before, I'm all for new IPs next gen, rather than just more and more sequels to major franchises.  Don't get me wrong, I'd be up for an Uncharted 4 or new Gears etc.  But not at the expense of getting new IPs.

I thought the talk was a new IP maybe I was wrong but I thought I saw that somewhere. I just hope it's not Fortnite. Or that if it is it looks way better than before.

[quote name="mr.me" post="11019934" timestamp="1377716020"]
Dude, that's like asking him to acknowledge that the Xbox One won't be perfect. Never gonna happen.[/quote]
You sir are an asshole. Back off. I never say anything about you yet you always say shit. Please stop.

I thought the talk was a new IP maybe I was wrong but I thought I saw that somewhere. I just hope it's not Fortnite. Or that if it is it looks way better than before.
Mmm, if Fortnite hits XBLA either on the 360 or the One I'll be getting it. I love Minecraft, I like zombies, the games concept looks to be really cool. I'm into community survival games and hope to see a State of Decay sequel on the One.

Hasn't it been a while since we've seen that game? I think the last time I saw it was the reveal for it at...was it the VGA's several years back?

Xbox One: claims of lowered shipping volumes are incorrect, says Penello

http://www.vg247.com/2013/08/29/xbox-one-claims-of-lowered-shipping-volumes-are-incorrect-says-penello/

You can't believe anything reps of any corporation say as their job is to just do PR.

They delayed launching in a bunch of countries this year, so clearly they aren't going to have as many units available in 2013 as they had originally planned for whatever reason no matter the spin they put on it.

Good news is that they did delay in other countries so they should still hit their targets and fill all preorders etc. in the countries that are launching this year. And they mostly delayed in countries that are playstation territory so it shouldn't hurt them much anyway.

If they are getting higher yields than expected then it explains why Day One editions keep getting new stock at the various retailers.

I'd rather take their word for it than a no name "source."

*sigh* Another thing I have an issue with regarding Major Nelson. On one of the Gamescom Joystiq Podcasts, he mentioned how important the Xbox One being a dev system was and said how the architecture was built in since day one.

But one of the things announced at Gamescom was: retail systems will not be dev systems, at least not at the beginning:

http://www.engadget.com/2013/08/20/xbox-one-retail-debug-delay/

And this is why people shouldn't be so quick to believe the Major.

Well, at least Microsoft is really focusing in on the countries they do well in. I know a lot of the TV function stuff as well is only for the US at launch (maybe UK and CA, not sure).

You really won't be able to tell how well they will do over all till the start to roll out all the US features worldwide and launch in more countries.

*sigh* Another thing I have an issue with regarding Major Nelson. On one of the Gamescom Joystiq Podcasts, he mentioned how important the Xbox One being a dev system was and said how the architecture was built in since day one.

But one of the things announced at Gamescom was: retail systems will not be dev systems, at least not at the beginning:

http://www.engadget.com/2013/08/20/xbox-one-retail-debug-delay/

And this is why people shouldn't be so quick to believe the Major.
Honestly that was the most sympathetic he seemed in months on that podcast, he's basically been shoved under the PR bus since he's the community guy, gotta feel a little sorry for him since he literally is just the messenger and the internet is pretty much ready to lynch him for shit he has no control over.

If they are getting higher yields than expected then it explains why Day One editions keep getting new stock at the various retailers.I'd rather take their word for it than a no name "source."
Or it's just diverting stock here from countries that had their launches delayed.

Anyway, I only believe data. Not corporate reps or losers on forums. So all we have right now are the preorder numbers that have the ps4 way ahead currently (posted in the ps4 thread for this that didn't see it yet). And we won't really know what the launch stock was until a month or two after launch when official sales data are released.

And even then we won't know much about the sales race until early 2015 as the next year will be key. Launch just shows which system the hardcore gamers gravitated too as that's the bulk of early adopters.

The softcores and casual will determine who wins the sales race as we get into the next couple of years.

Honestly that was the most sympathetic he seemed in months on that podcast, he's basically been shoved under the PR bus since he's the community guy, gotta feel a little sorry for him since he literally is just the messenger and the internet is pretty much ready to lynch him for shit he has no control over.
Agreed. I can't even imagine everything he has seen or heard from fans since the Xbox One reveal, and being in that position must suck in that regard.

I don't particularly like the man as he rubs me the wrong way, but damn. He's not the one making the decisions, but like most business decisions, the ones in charge aren't on the front lines of the backlash.

bread's done
Back