Xbox One - General Discussion Thread

The funny thing is by default that should sell the most copies because you know there's more than ten times the amount of 360s out there and nobody's even seen any footage of that version.

Aaaand assuming it's an open beta or we can easily get a code (wonder if the rumor is true, with a pre-order at GameStop?), no need for GameFly.. just need to see dates on the Titanfall beta now, that'll cinch the deal. Can't wait!

Alright I have a question. A friend of mine wants to buy my Xbox One but I registered the console to my Xbox Live account. He doesn't want it if it doesnt have a warranty. Is there anyway to transfer that warranty to him or am I just SOL?

Alright I have a question. A friend of mine wants to buy my Xbox One but I registered the console to my Xbox Live account. He doesn't want it if it doesnt have a warranty. Is there anyway to transfer that warranty to him or am I just SOL?
I dont think so but it shoudn't matter if you know the buyer personally. If the console breaks all you would need do is request the repair under your account on xbox.com.

i don't know why it would not be issue long as he has the serial number of xbox one. i think the kinect has a diff serial number from what i can tell on my account but that is connected with system serial.

Don't care about a white One. A 1TB One would pique my interest. One without a Blu-Ray drive? Laughable. Throw that in a dumpster.

hopefully we get external drive support before next fall which would make upgrading to 1tb system worthless. 

not sure if i would say 100 percent verified by any neogaf user lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Well based on what I read the leaks seem very true and his insider status was verified. Microsoft is supposedly wanting to press charges on him for leaking trade secrets whoever that person is.

Quantum Break releasing in winter 2014 is big news for me.

Does the white Xbone have Sunset Overdrive as a pack-in game supposedly? That could be a nice deal. Otherwise TBH I don't really like the look of the white console.

Yeah I hate white consoles. Really anything other than black is a huge turn off as my whole home theater set up is black currently. Black TV on a black stand and the receiver, DVR, bluray player, ps3 and Wii u are all black. Well I guess the sub woofer is dark grey, as it went with my old speakers. The new surround sound speakers are all black though. And my 360 was black as well, but I traded it off over the summer as I had that backlog cleared out. Had a white one originally but it got RROD just outside the 3 month warranty.

I had the black GameCube as well. :D

Only console I waited in line on release day for. Was a bit stressed I'd get stuck with a purple one.

The rumored all digital $399 Xbox one was also surprising too. Wonder if this sku will have the rumored 1TB too.

That sucks for the ebay buyers that paid $2,000 for their Xbox Ones. I kind of feel bad for them now.

If the Blu-Ray driveless Xbones bring the cost below $500, I don't see how that'd be a bad thing. Black colored consoles still look better with most TV's and home theater setups so meh about that. I was hoping for a limited edition Xbone console to coincide with the Titanfall release.

That sucks for the ebay buyers that paid $2,000 for their Xbox Ones. I kind of feel bad for them now.

If the Blu-Ray driveless Xbones bring the cost below $500, I don't see how that'd be a bad thing. Black colored consoles still look better with most TV's and home theater setups so meh about that. I was hoping for a limited edition Xbone console to coincide with the Titanfall release.
Supposedly they do have an Xbox one Titanfall limited edition console.

http://bgr.com/2014/01/30/xbox-one-update-leak-ntkrnl/

Could they really afford to reduce the price by $100 just from removing the disc drive? I was under the impression that that was not an expensive part.
They may be willing to eat more cost per console on a digital one where they don't have to worry about owners buying first party games used. More chance to make up that loss in game sales when the owner can only buy games from the Live Marketplace.

They may be willing to eat more cost per console on a digital one where they don't have to worry about owners buying first party games used. More chance to make up that loss in game sales when the owner can only buy games from the Live Marketplace.
Yeah I think this is Microsoft plan. Also from the rumor mill is Titanfall on the 360 is actually looking and performing much better than they thought it originally would.

ding ding ding ding /breaking bad guy

And still no word of a Kinect-less One :( Honestly surprised they're considering a system without a Optical drive and not one without Kinect.

Well, if they start to make consoles with no optical drive they can slowly go back to their dream of an all digital, always connected xbox one.

I don't have a problem with offering a drive less One. Stuff like that should be an option, not forced on you. I was kinda pissed the new iMacs have no optical drive. They should just have two models in case you want a ridiculously thin computer.

Yeah I think a lot of people feel the same way about the Xbox one too. There should have been two models. Kinect should have be an option and not forced on you.

[quote name="DOMINATOR912" post="11486017" timestamp="1391105860"]And still no word of a Kinect-less One :( Honestly surprised they're considering a system without a Optical drive and not one without Kinect.[/quote]
You're surprised that they're not offering a console missing hardware that is deeply ingrained in its usability? Especially when it was originally designed to be digital anyway? Removing the Disc drive would not impact the experience greatly. Removing the kinect vastly impacts how you get around in the OS. Not to mention suddenly fragmenting your audience for the tools developers have at their disposal.
As far as being forced, if you don't want it then don't buy one. Nobody is being forced to get an Xbox. I wonder how many people are out there judging the Kinect on One without actually having tried it.

You're surprised that they're not offering a console missing hardware that is deeply ingrained in its usability? Especially when it was originally designed to be digital anyway? Removing the Disc drive would not impact the experience greatly. Removing the kinect vastly impacts how you get around in the OS. Not to mention suddenly fragmenting your audience for the tools developers have at their disposal. As far as being forced, if you don't want it then don't buy one. Nobody is being forced to get an Xbox. I wonder how many people are out there judging the Kinect on One without actually having tried it.
Removing the disc drive would remove the option for blu-ray playback. For people that buy physical movies that would effect the experience.

[quote name="GBAstar" post="11486490" timestamp="1391113352"]Removing the disc drive would remove the option for blu-ray playback. For people that buy physical movies that would effect the experience. [/quote]
Not as far as using the OS or game development goes.

You're surprised that they're not offering a console missing hardware that is deeply ingrained in its usability? Especially when it was originally designed to be digital anyway? Removing the Disc drive would not impact the experience greatly. Removing the kinect vastly impacts how you get around in the OS. Not to mention suddenly fragmenting your audience for the tools developers have at their disposal. As far as being forced, if you don't want it then don't buy one. Nobody is being forced to get an Xbox. I wonder how many people are out there judging the Kinect on One without actually having tried it.
I owned it and tried it. The system can still function just fine without it being connected. Voice command just make it easier to get around when it is actually working 100% of the time.

[quote name="blueweltall" post="11486511" timestamp="1391113672"]I owned it and tried it. The system can still function just fine without it being connected. Voice command just make it easier to get around when it is actually working.[/quote]
I didn't so you could do it. Just that it is designed around it. It would be like using Windows with a keyboard. Is it possible? Yes, but it is greatly designed around using a mouse and keyboard.

The Titanfall console was apparently a real leak but the leaker(Most likely an ex-Microsoft employee) has old info. Microsoft have scrapped the Titanfall console bundle due to cost.

LYNYVaT.png

CBOAT also leaked yesterday Titanfall was going to have 16 multiplayer maps and that the alpha textures were final on X1. MS/Journalists were apparently trying to find his identity. Looks like he is safe for now. The Xbox 360 port is actually doing better than expected by Bluepoint. It might be the reason why that version has not been shown off much if the differences between the X1 version is not by much.

The leaker(ntkrnl) also blew most of Microsoft's secrets for E3...

GaRjAKg.png

On top of all that, according to one person familiar with the situation who spoke to me under condition of anonymity, Microsoft is currently trying to track down and identify ntkrnl. According to that person, Microsoft executives are looking to take legal action against ntkrnl
http://kotaku.com/massive-xbox-one-rumor-dump-is-filled-with-juicy-detail-1512616526

But again, as I've said repeatedly, they could have just put a microphone on the front of the console and still had all that voice command stuff.

You hardly see anyone talking about liking the actual camera for gestures etc. other than some who like it scanning the room and auto signing into profiles.  So the camera isn't essential to the OS experience like the voice commands are.

If they'd scrapped the camera and kept it separate like Sony, they probably could have launched at $400 too and alienated fewer people, and still put in a mic to have all the voice command stuff.

But again, as I've said repeatedly, they could have just put a microphone on the front of the console and still had all that voice command stuff.

You hardly see anyone talking about liking the actual camera for gestures etc. other than some who like it scanning the room and auto signing into profiles. So the camera isn't essential to the OS experience like the voice commands are.

If they'd scrapped the camera and kept it separate like Sony, they probably could have launched at $400 too and alienated fewer people, and still put in a mic to have all the voice command stuff.
Not to rehash old topics...let's be frank here, M$ thought they were creating a fully digital console focused on multimedia. The Kinect was central to the implementation of this strategy as it offered something novel and interesting for the general non-gaming public. So, if the X1 becomes a hit it will do so because of its multimedia features and the Kinect, not gaming. If its success is solely based on gaming the X1 will face an uphill battle to catch up to the PS4. At the end of the day, Microsoft just like Nintendo needs to reach out to the casual/non-gaming market. There is a gigantic market out that remains untapped by any of the big 3 outside of Nintendo for few years with the Wii.

For sure.  But again, the microphone is really all that's used for that multimedia stuff.  People don't seem to be using the gestures as it's easier to just say things.

The Kinect part of it isn't being used much for the OS, and there are very few games designed for it currently other than a couple fitness things.  If they had a bunch of casual Kinect games out at/around launch, then it would have been a lot more justified to pack it in and really go for that Wii Sports/Wii Fit market (if it still exists).

[quote name="dmaul1114" post="11486623" timestamp="1391115812"]But again, as I've said repeatedly, they could have just put a microphone on the front of the console and still had all that voice command stuff.

You hardly see anyone talking about liking the actual camera for gestures etc. other than some who like it scanning the room and auto signing into profiles. So the camera isn't essential to the OS experience like the voice commands are.

If they'd scrapped the camera and kept it separate like Sony, they probably could have launched at $400 too and alienated fewer people, and still put in a mic to have all the voice command stuff.[/quote]
And what happens when joe customer puts their new Xbox in their entertainment center and it can't hear him? You could put it in a controller but then that creates more latency (which is improved over 360 but still not great). People seem to forget the kinect is used for more than just gestures. I use it for signing in using facial recognition. I use it for tracking who is holding the controller (this can be improved). It can be used for group chats in Skype. I see a lot of people raving about Xbox Fitness which it uses kinect to track heart rate. Yeah, the camera isn't used as much as the mic, but at least for me personally it does enough behind the scenes that I feel it is worth it.

Supposedly they do have an Xbox one Titanfall limited edition console.

http://bgr.com/2014/01/30/xbox-one-update-leak-ntkrnl/

If those leaks turn out true, that'd be great for MS to release a console that's $400 without a disc drive. At least the DRM is an option now instead of being forced onto us. They should have done that in the first place but I suppose too many MS customers would have been confused. Comparing them to the PS4 would be an easy win for Sony still since most people will want physical games to trade and resell however way they please.

If that Titanfall bundle comes out, it'll at least get me to preorder the console and end up keeping it so long as the Xbone version is much better than the 360 one. Aggressive initiatives like this from Microsoft is great for us in the end. It'll force Sony to stay on their toes and not rest on their laurels since Microsoft has been catching up since E3.

Bummer about the Titanfall console. I waited for it, hoping...hoping it'd be announced. But we still hadn't heard word last week, so I finally bit the bullet. Figured they would have announced it by now.

There was a post somewhere weeks ago about someone contacting the developer about a Titanfall console, and them not denying the console but saying they'd be safe just getting a normal One. That was the final nail in that coffin.

I'm a little surprised the PS4 is selling so much better than the One, assuming that's the case. The games libraries are pretty similar at this point, so I guess that extra $100 for Kinect is a real system seller - for the PS4.

bread's done
Back