Xbox One - General Discussion Thread

No he is talking to me. He doesn't understand that's what he and his butt buddy rippn sound like when they say shit like this. It happens once a month. Like a drug addict shooting up, they come in once or twice a month to raise hell. This time with all this apparent proof that we can't see. I made that last post to show you what you sound like.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually never posted there before, same name but I've only lurked there since I can't register because all my email is through Gmail and I can't get approved.

Doubt you'll believe that but I could care less.
Also use to have your same avatar before you changed it on here.. suppose that's just a coincidence also?

No he is talking to me. He doesn't understand that's what he and his butt buddy rippn sound like when they say shit like this. It happens once a month. Like a drug addict shooting up, they come in once or twice a month to raise hell. This time with all this apparent proof that we can't see. I made that last post to show you what you sound like.
I was referring to this guy. Not you Kazeno.

But its cool fatman, apparently you read what you want to read since what you are accusing me of wasn't actually what I said at all.

Also use to have your same avatar before you changed it on here.. suppose that's just a coincidence also?
Never said it was a coincidence that the same was the same but I can't see the avatar to confirm your report. Either way I have nothing to prove to you. It isn't my account and never was, but it's nice to see you go so far off topic from the original argument to prove a meaningless point. It only reinforces the fact that your original argument was full of hot air and you can't back it up.

hahaha I'm the troll? Wow man you have got to be one of the most delusional cags ever.
I thought you were a troll several pages ago but I figured you'd tire yourself out. So much for that.

Never said it was a coincidence that the same was the same but I can't see the avatar to confirm your report. Either way I have nothing to prove to you. It isn't my account and never was, but it's nice to see you go so far off topic from the original argument to prove a meaningless point. It only reinforces the fact that your original argument was full of hot air and you can't back it up.

I thought you were a troll several pages ago but I figured you'd tire yourself out. So much for that.
No point needs to be made to you, in another thread you made the exact same comments I did, then in this thread you argue opposite them, you are then caught and try and brush it under the rug with some nonsensical excuses. You are a hypocrite and because of this any points you have made are invalid, you have been caught, you are a joke, and there really isn't anything else that needs to be said to you.

Done arguing with you. You've brushed any room for argument in favor of continuously using personal attacks against me for no reason, it's hateful and unnecessary just because you disagree with my argument.

I got reports from 3 of you guys reporting each other. I'm not going to do anything since this is a personal matter (use ignore) but another mod could take action. So I'm warning you all to stop.

Am I stupid for buying 8 1wk xbl codes for $6 if they expire on oct 30th and i'm getting my x1 on the 28th? Do they stack or not?
They don't stack on top of each other but I think you can use them again and again once one expires. I'm not 100% sure though since I haven't done it before.

In other news Halo Master Chief Collection details have started coming out. Halo 2 Anniversary is the only game not in 1080p (It uses a weird resolution of 1328/1080 with 60fps). 343 Posted an explanation why and it sounds like the main reason is because it runs two games engines at once since it allows you to switch to the older original graphics on the fly. Every other game in the collection however will be 1080p/60fps.

Here's the original statement in case you want to read it.

For those of you who like to start message board wars over such things, let's get this out of the way: Halo 2's campaign isn't quiiiiiiite 1080p. Due to running the original graphics engine and the Xbox One-ified Anniversary graphics engine simultaneously and the original Halo 2 audio engine and remastered Anniversary audio engine simultaneously, Halo 2's campaign does run at 60fps but, resolution-wise, clocks in at 1328x1080. Here's an explanation from 343 executive producer Dan Ayoub: “During development we were really pleased with the way the engine and buffer allowed us to switch instantly between classic and Anniversary engines that are running simultaneously – however that, as you might expect, put a hit on resolution. The campaign of Halo 2: Anniversary looked fantastic at 720p with the level of detail and clarity it gave us, but like every other aspect of the game and tech, we wanted to push it further. So in the last weeks of development, our teams were able to meet a stretch goal and the campaign of Halo 2: Anniversary now runs 60 fps at a crisp resolution of 1328x1080, which is a significant and meaningful boost in image quality we think fans are really going to appreciate. All of the other games across the entire package of The Master Chief Collection run 60 fps at 1920x1080 native.”

They don't stack on top of each other but I think you can use them again and again once one expires. I'm not 100% sure though since I haven't done it before.

In other news Halo Master Chief Collection details have started coming out. Halo 2 Anniversary is the only game not in 1080p (It uses a weird resolution of 1328/1080 with 60fps). 343 Posted an explanation why and it sounds like the main reason is because it runs two games engines at once since it allows you to switch to the older original graphics on the fly. Every other game in the collection however will be 1080p/60fps.

Here's the original statement in case you want to read it.

For those of you who like to start message board wars over such things, let's get this out of the way: Halo 2's campaign isn't quiiiiiiite 1080p. Due to running the original graphics engine and the Xbox One-ified Anniversary graphics engine simultaneously and the original Halo 2 audio engine and remastered Anniversary audio engine simultaneously, Halo 2's campaign does run at 60fps but, resolution-wise, clocks in at 1328x1080. Here's an explanation from 343 executive producer Dan Ayoub: “During development we were really pleased with the way the engine and buffer allowed us to switch instantly between classic and Anniversary engines that are running simultaneously – however that, as you might expect, put a hit on resolution. The campaign of Halo 2: Anniversary looked fantastic at 720p with the level of detail and clarity it gave us, but like every other aspect of the game and tech, we wanted to push it further. So in the last weeks of development, our teams were able to meet a stretch goal and the campaign of Halo 2: Anniversary now runs 60 fps at a crisp resolution of 1328x1080, which is a significant and meaningful boost in image quality we think fans are really going to appreciate. All of the other games across the entire package of The Master Chief Collection run 60 fps at 1920x1080 native.”
I honestly don't expect halo to look so much better then before unless they completely remake the games from the ground up which isn't the case. I'm still getting it because it's a great deal. And the cards I got apparently expire on the 30th. So stupid me wasting $6.

Just tried the Plex app, and it works fantastic.  I like how it uses the Xbox theme for it's interface, nice addition for sure.

Well further in the original article they mentioned that there was a CPU Bottleneck for both the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 so it's quite possible they just couldn't hit 1080p. Having a new engine doesn't mean they suddenly get a big power boost over using their old engine they've just created a new one that I imagine is easier to use and features more visual effects being used.
I don't really think it's that.

If I had to guess, I think this is a result of the same issues they had with Watch Dogs, where they expected the new consoles to be much more powerful than they actually were and had to scramble to tone it down to get it to a passable state. Watch Dogs suffered a long delay from the launch window last fall to late spring this year since they were in no shape to come out that early, but AC Unity had an extra year to get to where they wanted and still got a small delay as a result. Their ambition for AC Unity to have huge crowds limits their ability to just tone things down without having noticeably smaller crowds, so they aimed for a lower resolution and frame rate and probably managed to hit that. Even then, the AC engine last generation wasn't exactly a great example of great visual fidelity and bug-free experiences. I wouldn't be surprised if the next AC game avoids the huge crowd thing entirely and hits 1080p, at least.

Activision's announced that Call of Duty Advanced Warfare will feature cross buy from older generation consoles to newer ones. If you buy the digital version of the game for the PS3/Xbox 360 you'll also receive a PS4/Xbox One copy free until March 31st, 2015. This also applies to all DLC and the Season Pass. Preload is only available on the console you paid for so for instance you can't buy the Xbox 360 version and then preload the Xbox One edition. Additionally your multiplayer stats and gear transfer over to consoles in the same family.

The Sony blog mentions that if you buy the PS4 Version you'll be able to get the PS3 version free but I'm not 100% sure how correct that is because the official Call of Duty website doesn't mention it and only says when you buy the older versions.

http://www.callofduty.com/advancedwarfare/free-upgrade

People can hate on Activision all they want but continuing these free upgrade promotions is really great for gamer's planning to get newer consoles down the road.

Does this include season pass if bought in the big bundle?

I would be hoping to score a last gen CE on clearance and pass all that over.

Did Warframe just come to Xbox one or something? I thought its been out for awhile
Warframe came out on Xbox One in September, but I had some other stuff to review before I could get to it, and also wanted to spend sufficient time learning how everything works. It came out on PS4 in April-ish, I think.

Come on, now... as your friend, I must say that is a ludicrous statement. I've owned Waframe since last year and enjoy it. The updates have made it better, and it is indeed very good when compared to other F2P games.

But to say it's a "killer alternative to Destiny"? That'd be tantamount to (a few years ago) saying, "Love Rock Band, but don't have much cash? Konami's Rock Revolution is the perfect solution!"
Some people like Warframe better. It actually has way more content and clan support. Destiny has a bigger advertising budget though, and more development money to spend on graphics, but that doesn't make it a clear cut superior game. Hell, up until a week ago, you'd find rare items and the game turned them into less rare items as a nice little FU to players.

My review doesn't argue that Warframe actually is better though, just that people should be playing it.

Congratulations, Htz. But it really would be nice for you or another mod to ask them to stop arguing. Any time there's some negative stance to take on an issue regarding the Xbox or Microsoft, a few very special people will argue about it endlessly and derail the thread until someone knocks them around.

Congratulations, Htz. But it really would be nice for you or another mod to ask them to stop arguing. Any time there's some negative stance to take on an issue regarding the Xbox or Microsoft, a few very special people will argue about it endlessly and derail the thread until someone knocks them around.
Except that didn't happen this time did it? So maybe you should let him do his job and you should just worry about your reviews and self promotion.

Except that didn't happen this time did it? So maybe you should let him do his job and you should just worry about your reviews and self promotion.
I'm sure they'll tell you to stop eventually, just like all the other times. I can see why people actually happily discussing games instead of whining and bitching about them rubs you the wrong way though.

You mean as far as "watched" and "unwatched?" As far as I can see everything looks correct, and all on deck shows look correct. Are you having an issue?
I had an episode of the daily show downloaded to my computer and it showed up as Americas funniest home videos on the server

Thanks! As for the rest, use the ignore list function within user control panel settings. I will review the reports as I get them but I'm leaving it up to the other mods as far as punishment goes. I mainly focus on the video game deals forum.

I'm sure they'll tell you to stop eventually, just like all the other times. I can see why people actually happily discussing games instead of whining and bitching about them rubs you the wrong way though.
Except I have been talking about games and apps like plex so yet another baseless comment to go along with your continued subtle jabs you take at me which you were also warned about. Eventually you will learn if you continue to take jabs at me I jab back. And yes I like to talk about the industry, wrongs, rights, and indifferent, we are on a discussion forum after all. And it's far better than having my head so far up a corporations brown eye, kissing butt, doing reviews so they will throw me some free scraps and all the other wonders that are eastx.

Except I have been talking about games and apps like plex so yet another baseless comment to go along with your continued subtle jabs you take at me which you were also warned about. Eventually you will learn if you continue to take jabs at me I jab back. And yes I like to talk about the industry, wrongs, rights, and indifferent, it's far better than having my head so far up a corporations brown eye, kissing butt, doing reviews so they will throw me some free scraps and all the other wonders that are eastx.

Hey now, I didn't even mention your name. You chimed in to say that I should let you derail the thread in peace. I could have been talking about someone else, but you knew who was derailing the thread.

First off Kazeno Katana don't tell me how to post, if I wish to edit I will do so..thanks. And why are you trying to make this a Sony vs Microsoft issue, this is about Microsoft and Ubisoft, and you keep throwing the word fanboy around when doing so making you look the part more than anyone ekse. And thanks asspickle for Kazeno Katana quote, basically exposing him as a hypocrite and nulling any arguments he's made. That is almost on the TimboSliceGB level.. wow! Funny enough I've seen him arguing points on here and saying the opposite on GAF so this really isn't all that shocking, I think the dude just likes to argue for arguments sake.
That is one theory out there, yes. And a pretty solid one at that, because who stands to benefit from parity in this other than Microsoft? But lets say no money exchanged hands for parity, it still sets a precedent to gimp PS4 games for the sake of parity for whatever reason there may be and that is still an issue.

You're just as foolish to believe Microsoft doesn't make these kinds of deals, we already know of the indie parity clause, so who's to say there wasn't one written in the marketing contract? You're just as quick to jump in favor of Microsoft as I an to side against them which makes you an apologist just as much me a fanboy, and there is over 30 years of shady practices by that corporation to prove against them. And Ubisoft's retraction was nothing more than damage control, sorry not buying it, sometimes the truth leaks in candid interviews and I believe it far more than calculated PR.
He said "if," I know you struggle with grammar and reading comprehension, but "if" means there is a conditional clause which means there is a possibility that it cannot hit 1080p. And DestroVega is hardly a PS4 fanboy, so the only thing that is "just dumb" is your posts but that isn't anything new around here.

No One needs to be an armchair anything when there is a direct quote from Ubisoft stating they went for parity. And people think that the issue people have with this is the resolution which is only partially the case. The true underlying issue here is that this will set a precedent where devs can accept funds from Microsoft to gimp PS4 versions of games especially if there is a marketing deal in place. I now fear for games like The Witcher III, Evolve, CoD. etc getting the same treatment and it just isn't right for this to happen because Microsoft made such a poorly spec'd machine.

You need some glasses or a bigger TV or to remove your Microsoft bias, or all of the above.

Would be fun if we could peek into an alternate reality where the Xbox was the more powerful machine getting the gimped games because of the weaker PS4 and watching all the hypocrisy.
Totally not trying to start and maintain arguments over an issue, nope.

Hey now, I didn't even mention your name. You chimed in to say that I should let you derail the thread in peace. I could have been talking about someone else, but you knew who was derailing the thread.

Totally not trying to start and maintain arguments over an issue, nope.
You knew who you were referencing, quit playing dumb, the mods saw through you BS when they warned you about it last time.

And yeah talking about a hot button topic on a discussion forum.. oh my.. I guess I should have been doing what you do and advertising Microsoft product, astroturfing, and trying to deflect any negative talk about the product I'm actively promoting, then I guess we would be best buds.

Warframe came out on Xbox One in September, but I had some other stuff to review before I could get to it, and also wanted to spend sufficient time learning how everything works. It came out on PS4 in April-ish, I think.

Some people like Warframe better. It actually has way more content and clan support. Destiny has a bigger advertising budget though, and more development money to spend on graphics, but that doesn't make it a clear cut superior game. Hell, up until a week ago, you'd find rare items and the game turned them into less rare items as a nice little FU to players.

My review doesn't argue that Warframe actually is better though, just that people should be playing it.
So as to address things in order: Warframe was available on PS4 the day the system launched.

And sure, some people like Warframe better. There are no official numbers for that, of course, but you didn't say more people liked Warframe anyway. The reasons you listed about the graphics and budget don't make Destiny better, but dozens of other things do. The two games are not really even all that similar, honestly. And the engram thing, while frustrating, was far from "an FU to players". It was only misleading for people who didn't take the time to read the item descriptions that always said there were multiple possible rewards of varying levels.

Despite how this may come across, I think Warframe is very good for a "free to play" game, but is not something worthy of a full price retail release. So I'm stating my opinions primarily for that reason, as well as the fact that you (aside from maybe the beta or at trade shows/etc.) haven't even played Destiny. That's why I didn't get the comparison.

But yeah... play both games, people! Playing both costs exactly the same as only playing the better one, so you have nothing to lose. Plus both games share exciting features such as:

• Guns
• Swords
• Space
• Boss Fights
• Leveling Up
• Special/Super Abilities
• Varying Speeds Of Character Movement
• Multiple Buttons For Precise Controls
• Voice Acting
• Graphics

So as to address things in order: Warframe was available on PS4 the day the system launched.

And sure, some people like Warframe better. There are no official numbers for that, of course, but you didn't say more people liked Warframe anyway. The reasons you listed about the graphics and budget don't make Destiny better, but dozens of other things do. The two games are not really even all that similar, honestly. And the engram thing, while frustrating, was far from "an FU to players". It was only misleading for people who didn't take the time to read the item descriptions that always said there were multiple possible rewards of varying levels.

Despite how this may come across, I think Warframe is very good for a "free to play" game, but is not something worthy of a full price retail release. So I'm stating my opinions primarily for that reason, as well as the fact that you (aside from maybe the beta or at trade shows/etc.) haven't even played Destiny. That's why I didn't get the comparison.

But yeah... play both games, people! Playing both costs exactly the same as only playing the better one, so you have nothing to lose. Plus both games share exciting features such as:
I stand corrected. I think I saw the Japanese PS4 launch date (February) and then misremembered the month. You're right that I haven't played Destiny at home, which is one reason I didn't express opinions on its quality in the Warframe review. I did crowdsource a bunch of comparisons at NeoGAF so that I could learn what people like about both games, and then pulled a few facts from that, like that Warframe has more content and clan support.

A game like Destiny doesn't need people singing its virtues because you're already bombarded with its advertising and the news sent to press channels anyway. Warframe, having a much smaller budget and no gigantic publisher, deserves more publicity from enthusiast press (IMO).

You should also remember that Warframe is much improved now compared to how it was even at the beginning of the year. It still has some obvious room for improvement, but I like that they keep adding stuff and refining it over time.

So you weren't around for the PS2 / Xbox era. Right.
I was, but that's not even close to the same scenario because the original Xbox didn't have twice the installed base of the PS2, and of course there wasn't social media to the extent it is today, and for the most part multiplat ports ran better on the original Xbox.

If you can get one of those movers coupons you can get the Sunset Overddrive bundle for $360+ tax and if you don't want sunset overddrive sell the game code on ebay or something. You could probably even sell the white controller for slightly more then a regular black controller and buy a black controller if you really want
What is a movers coupon? Sorry, I did search it but couldn't find anything on it. Yes, that's precisely what I do for consoles anymore as I look for the biggest bundles I can get then sell whatever I don't need. I replaced my last PS3 that way after my coveted 60gb BC died after 6 years.

bread's done
Back