Xbox One - General Discussion Thread

So for about the past day I can't get to any friends, messages, party etc on my One. Is this a problem for more than me?
Known issue: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status

Affected services:

• Managing friends lists and tracking what friends are doing
  • Sending text messages to other Xbox Live members
  • Hi Xbox members, we know some of you have been experiencing issues with your Friends list, unlocking achievements or sending/receiving messages or game invites. We want you to know we're hard at work trying to get this resolved and we will update you as soon as we have more information. Thanks for all your patience while we get everything back to n

ormal.

Pretty sure I could spend all day taking pictures in Forza.

NaHGhHFl.jpg

7XCA1GYl.jpg

Yeah, thats the only thing that turns be off of Xbox One bundles is lack of physical copies.
It's not the no physical copies for me, it's the fact that I would need to download the game. If it came preinstalled I would of bought the Sunset Overdrive one. Sucks having slow internet, but what can you do.

It's not the no physical copies for me, it's the fact that I would need to download the game. If it came preinstalled I would of bought the Sunset Overdrive one. Sucks having slow internet, but what can you do.
Yeah, I get you. I just like physical. I like having a collection or trading it in if there is a good deal.

Just let it download for a day or however long it takes? The console doesn't even have to be fully powered on; it can download games in standby mode.

Just let it download for a day or however long it takes? The console doesn't even have to be fully powered on; it can download games in standby mode.
I think the point is he wants to play it when he gets it? Not have to wait a day or however long it takes to play it.

I think the point is he wants to play it when he gets it? Not have to wait a day or however long it takes to play it.
Sure, but does that outweigh the value of the bundle? I guess if you have money to burn or find a better deal on the items separately (which would not include a white console, this year anyway).

Last edited by a moderator:
Might be able to trade it in the forums here for cash and buy a non-digital version? Might cost you a little bit more, but I know there are people here that prefer digital and may bite for a $10 or so discount. Which could be almost made up if you're GCU @ Best Buy.

Can anybody confirm whether or not DRM works the same way on Xbox One as it did on 360?

i.e. If I buy the Assassins Creed Unity Bundle for my girlfriend for Christmas and download the game using my account on her Xbox and then download it using my account on my Xbox will we both be able to play it?

Can anybody confirm whether or not DRM works the same way on Xbox One as it did on 360?

i.e. If I buy the Assassins Creed Unity Bundle for my girlfriend for Christmas and download the game using my account on her Xbox and then download it using my account on my Xbox will we both be able to play it?
Yes, that will work. It's actually easier on Xbox One because you can change a console to your home console and it updates the DRM automatically instead of making you redownload everything.

I agree pre-loaded would be preferred but I'd hazard a guess that it'd be a pain to pre-load certain Xboxes. I thought my Zelda Link Between Worlds 3DS would be pre-loaded with the Zelda game but nope, just like the standard in the industry now, it was a code on a piece of cardboard. It's the hand being dealt these days it seems.

Thanks, Paul! That didn't take long. So glad I waited on that game due to the fact that I have been an EA Access subscriber since day 1 of its public launch. My hard drive is 95% full, so this may be tricky.

I have enough room... by 1 GB. But it doesn't matter. The game is not free yet! It's still only showing the 10% discount and is not listed as a vault game in the EA Access app. Hopefully sometime today.

Is it me or does the Twitch App suck hard when it comes to actually streaming? Decided to stream The Evil Within since I rarely stream anything and the app is very slow and choppy to use when you want to set up a broadcast. Even the keyboard was lagging as I was typing the stream name, it was quite astonishing.

[quote name="Kazeno Katana" post="12163949" timestamp="1413439668"]Is it me or does the Twitch App suck hard when it comes to actually streaming? Decided to stream The Evil Within since I rarely stream anything and the app is very slow and choppy to use when you want to set up a broadcast. Even the keyboard was lagging as I was typing the stream name, it was quite astonishing.[/quote]
Hard reboot? I've had the same issue before with other apps and that's fixed it.

Last night my Xbox had a weird issue. I turned it on and the screen was really dark (like the color when the Xbox fades to the darker screen color after no activity). Would not change color no matter if I did anything or not. Had to reboot and it was fixed. Thought it was my TV dying.

Is it me or does the Twitch App suck hard when it comes to actually streaming? Decided to stream The Evil Within since I rarely stream anything and the app is very slow and choppy to use when you want to set up a broadcast. Even the keyboard was lagging as I was typing the stream name, it was quite astonishing.
I haven't had much luck with it. When I watch streams they are always low resolution. I tried to stream some minecraft the other day and it never would start broadcasting. I kept getting errors. I didn't try a hard reboot though.

I'm having another issue with my disc drive. Already had it fixed once. This time I'm having MS send me a console first and then I'll send my console back. Its like the 360 all over again

So the Xbox Team is doing a Google+ Hangout and I couldn't help but notice the Xbox One User Interface in the background of Jeff Rubenstein's view. It's clear his Xbox One is on since you can see some elements of the Xbox UI in it and even Major Nelson mentioned that he saw his Xbox being on.

So with that in mind does anyone think this is the new Windows 10 OS that the Xbox One will supposedly switch to, or is it just some blue theme or something like that?

16028va.jpg

(Edit) On second thought it might just be nothing. I posted on Reddit out of curiosity and they seem to think it's a very warped screen color perception.  :whistle2:

I think it's just the odd angle of his TV and his room lighting making the black appear light enough to maybe be another color.

It's a shame that they have the guy that helped create the PlayStation Blog on staff and aren't putting him to work to help unify Microsoft's news sites into their own community portal for news on all things Xbox.

So the Xbox Team is doing a Google+ Hangout and I couldn't help but notice the Xbox One User Interface in the background of Jeff Rubenstein's view. It's clear his Xbox One is on since you can see some elements of the Xbox UI in it and even Major Nelson mentioned that he saw his Xbox being on.

So with that in mind does anyone think this is the new Windows 10 OS that the Xbox One will supposedly switch to, or is it just some blue theme or something like that?

16028va.jpg

(Edit) On second thought it might just be nothing. I posted on Reddit out of curiosity and they seem to think it's a very warped screen color perception. :whistle2:
Looks like a very good chance.

Also maybe it is the developer UI?

bread's done
Back