Xbox One - General Discussion Thread

Sunset Overdrive is getting a lot of good reviews. Probably the best reviews I have seen so far for a new ip this gen.
Shadow of Mordor? or do you mean exclusive? Because then you also have Resogun... Just saying other new Ip's have scored well and better than SSO. SSO looks to be a good game still

Rippn didn't mention it, but it's worth noting the bundle is only confirmed for Japan as of now.
I'm still betting it'll come to the U.S. I think they just don't want to pull attention away from the Call of Duty or Assassin's Creed bundles.

Rippn didn't mention it, but it's worth noting the bundle is only confirmed for Japan as of now.
I'm still betting it'll come to the U.S. I think they just don't want to pull attention away from the Call of Duty or Assassin's Creed bundles.
Smart move to capture the japan market for an american company releasing an fps bundle. And not even a new fps but a collection of old ones

Halo has a small following in Japan which is probably why the bundle is happening there. Regardless I don't see it making a huge impact home consoles appear to be dead in Japan.

Got my white system with the Sunset Overdrive koozie and hat. Will be driving to the office to shoot an unboxing video and pictures in a few.

Shadow of Mordor? or do you mean exclusive? Because then you also have Resogun... Just saying other new Ip's have scored well and better than SSO. SSO looks to be a good game still
I guess exclusive. I never really paid attention to Resogun review score and I totally forgot about Shadow of Mordor. But I am just glad that Insomniac was able to turn it around with Sunset Overdrive after what happened to Fuse.

B1DoSkoCQAADWsi.jpg

This is where the magic happens. :)

Install times are slower than usual it seems.  At like 35% two hours in.

Is the game code included with the bundle a Day One edition or no?

Last edited by a moderator:
Install times are slower than usual it seems. At like 35% two hours in.

Is the game code included with the bundle a Day One edition or no?
It comes with two codes. One is the base game and the other is the Day One content.

Yeah, installation's dragging a bit here too.

heyy ur not supposed to show Volgarr yet :p How u got How To Survive: Storm Warning? Its not out yet ;o
Got both of them from the developers. Always nice when they actually come in early instead of on release day. :)

are you using an asus monitor to play?
Yeah, Asus VE278Q. Great response time and has speakers, though it only has 1 HDMI input.

B1DoSkoCQAADWsi.jpg

This is where the magic happens. :)
That white looks real good, I actually think the black Bone is fugly, would jump all over the white if I didn't already have one. Did I read the hat is a dollar when you pick up the game or was it free? Can't pick mine up until later tonight, so hope they still have the hats. Odd enough when I ordered online the can cooler didn't have an option for store pickup so it's being shipped to me.. Best Buy.. :roll:

Got both of them from the developers. Always nice when they actually come in early instead of on release day. :)

Yeah, Asus VE278Q. Great response time and has speakers, though it only has 1 HDMI input.
yeah, especially if you play a lot of fps, reponse time is important, and most tv sorely fall behind in that area. some models of monitors make decent built in speakers. any monitors above 23" is out of price range, i am too cheap to pay $200 + for a monitor.

That white looks real good, I actually think the black Bone is fugly, would jump all over the white if I didn't already have one. Did I read the hat is a dollar when you pick up the game or was it free? Can't pick mine up until later tonight, so hope they still have the hats. Odd enough when I ordered online the can cooler didn't have an option for store pickup so it's being shipped to me.. Best Buy.. :roll:
you probably getting the can cooler in a bubble mailer. LOL

Agreed that white is prettier. The hat was 99 cents with purchase of the game or console, $7 without. My son wanted one so I grabbed it.

Agreed that white is prettier. The hat was 99 cents with purchase of the game or console, $7 without. My son wanted one so I grabbed it.
Gonna get the hat because it looks pretty sweet for a buck. Anywhere that sells peggle 2 codes? Or do I just have to link my credit card to my account?

Gonna get the hat because it looks pretty sweet for a buck. Anywhere that sells peggle 2 codes? Or do I just have to link my credit card to my account?
Not interested in EA Access? That's a handy way to play Peggle 2 and more. You do need to link your credit card though; that is a good thing to do.

That just redirects to the home page of xbox.com for some reason. Edit I found the right page via google. Can you skip over updates or do you have to do one at a time?
You only need one of em. It just depends which version of the OS your Xbox shipped with. Watch the video, I believe it says to pull down both triggers and buttons during setup to check what version you have.

Ok I'm thinking because of my schedule, I'll just pick u the Sunset Overdrive bundle tomorrow and get a $50 refund  next week when I have time, that'll work right? I'm getting it from Best Buy and they have a 30-day price match policy and their holiday one might even be in effect now.

Is forza horizon 2 supposed to take forever to install from disc? I'm sitting here with my brand new Xbox one thinking of playing FIFA on my ps4 until its done. Stuck on 1%

Ok I'm thinking because of my schedule, I'll just pick u the Sunset Overdrive bundle tomorrow and get a $50 refund next week when I have time, that'll work right? I'm getting it from Best Buy and they have a 30-day price match policy and their holiday one might even be in effect now.
That'll work fine.

Is forza horizon 2 supposed to take forever to install from disc? I'm sitting here with my brand new Xbox one thinking of playing FIFA on my ps4 until its done. Stuck on 1%
I don't know what causes it, but that's a common issue for some reason. I recommend restarting the install and it should go quicker.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/804187-forza-horizon-2/70240598

That'll work fine.

I don't know what causes it, but that's a common issue for some reason. I recommend restarting the install and it should go quicker.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/804187-forza-horizon-2/70240598
Good to know I'll have to try it. Played about half hour then ejected the disc and inserted titanfall hopefully I didn't interrupt the install. Anyway I downloaded and tried to play killer instinct but it keeps asking for money. Is there really nothing i can play for free on KI? Also is there a way to use the controller completely for a remote on uverse? Or will I still need to use my remote? And finally I forwarded these ports http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/network-ports-used-xbox-live and now my internet is going pretty slow. Is it because of one of those ports or is it more likely to do with the fact that KI and SSOD are downloading?

Shit I might have to put off the purchase, just got review code for Tales of Hearts R, gonna have to focus on that...

Port forwarding shouldn't be affecting internet speeds, it's more than likely just being caused due to stuff you're downloading.

Unfortunately (And my biggest complain with the TV integration) you can't use the controller for some tasks like browsing your TV's on demand features or cable box settings.

Haven't played Killer Instinct in forever, but last time I did they only gave access to one character to play that was rotated out weekly.

Good to know I'll have to try it. Played about half hour then ejected the disc and inserted titanfall hopefully I didn't interrupt the install. Anyway I downloaded and tried to play killer instinct but it keeps asking for money. Is there really nothing i can play for free on KI? Also is there a way to use the controller completely for a remote on uverse? Or will I still need to use my remote? And finally I forwarded these ports http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/network-ports-used-xbox-live and now my internet is going pretty slow. Is it because of one of those ports or is it more likely to do with the fact that KI and SSOD are downloading?
http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/2wire/3800HGV-B/Xbox_One.htm

That is for the older uverse router that att gives you, the grey one. They have a new smaller black one too. If that's the one you have just change the model number on the page. When I did this, my NAT became open and I could play with anybody chat was good too. Download speeds were definitely faster as well.

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/2wire/3800HGV-B/Xbox_One.htm

That is for the older uverse router that att gives you, the grey one. They have a new smaller black one too. If that's the one you have just change the model number on the page. When I did this, my NAT became open and I could play with anybody chat was good too. Download speeds were definitely faster as well.
I don't want to mess anything up. I actually just deleted all my firewall rules etc and rebooted everything so hopefully it works better now. Hope I'm not gonna have to resort to buying a router with upnp to get both ps4 and x1 working ok. I'm paying for 6mbps and my speeds have fluctuated between .1 and 8 in the last hour alone. Damn frustrating. First world problems

I've given up figuring out what's wrong with internet speeds for gaming.

Speedtest.net has our internet speeds at 90mb download/12mb upload and for my PC (Steam), PS4, and Xbox One I never get above 20.

I'm not finding Sunset Overdrive to be an easy experience. The requirement to constantly move or is going to be rough for a while. 

I have only killed a couple of grunts in Lords of the Fallen, so Im not sure how that will go in the long run. Looks to be fun though, and I dig the soundtrack. 

I've given up figuring out what's wrong with internet speeds for gaming.

Speedtest.net has our internet speeds at 90mb download/12mb upload and for my PC (Steam), PS4, and Xbox One I never get above 20.
I'm so jealous. Are your consoles hardwired? I'm tempted to throw the $50 i saved on the one into a open source router but, i don't particularly feel like going down that rabbit whole again. I set my uverse router to about as close to possible as out of the box and I'm just gonna hope nothing needs my manual intervention.

i have att uverse and i always get open nat and full speed hard wired i have lan switch for my pc/gaming systems one cord coming from att router. If i go wirelese on the fiber optic  uverse router i now have i get strict nat .

Well, if you keep getting a strict NAT, it will be very annoying when you can't play multiplayer. It only takes about 10 minutes to set up and if you follow the guide word for word, you cant mess it up.

Well, if you keep getting a strict NAT, it will be very annoying when you can't play multiplayer. It only takes about 10 minutes to set up and if you follow the guide word for word, you cant mess it up.
Oh I'm no stranger to port forwarding just prefer to not do it if I don't have too. Besides xbl says i have moderate nat without doing anything for whatever that's worth. Anyone with a uverse router setup ip passthrough/default server for their xbone? Once fifa 16 comes out i might just switch to only single player games on ps4 and forget port forwarding for that. Oh hell if there is a good black friday deal on fifa 15 for the x1 i might double dip

Shit I might have to put off the purchase, just got review code for Tales of Hearts R, gonna have to focus on that...
Please share your review of it, I have it preordered. I just wish they had included an English dub, will prob mute the japanese voices and just read the text.

Please share your review of it, I have it preordered. I just wish they had included an English dub, will prob mute the japanese voices and just read the text.
Well it's embargoed til the 10th, can't say anything before then...

Oh I'm no stranger to port forwarding just prefer to not do it if I don't have too. Besides xbl says i have moderate nat without doing anything for whatever that's worth. Anyone with a uverse router setup ip passthrough/default server for their xbone? Once fifa 16 comes out i might just switch to only single player games on ps4 and forget port forwarding for that. Oh hell if there is a good black friday deal on fifa 15 for the x1 i might double dip
Att routers have setting under firewall that you can do and select xbox live it will auto port forward for the xbox ip.

bread's done
Back