Xbox One - General Discussion Thread

Dudes, I spent nearly all of yesterday trying to get my copy of Sunset Overdrive that came with the white console to work. For some reason, it registered on my account as a preorder even though the game is already out!

I just couldn't play it no matter what I did. Installed on both of my systems, reinstalled, power cycled, all that crap. Xbox chat support was beyond useless, and Twitter support was helpful but too slow. I was supposed to host a multiplayer stream for the site but someone else had to do it since I couldn't play (I just moderated, which was fun).

Finally, after a very frustrating day, my PR contact sent an unlock code that reviewers would need to play the game before release date (she had already sent a different code that didn't work). Thank goodness, the new code did the trick and my game started working. Too late for the stream, but at least it works now.

Anyway I downloaded and tried to play killer instinct but it keeps asking for money. Is there really nothing i can play for free on KI?
Like Kazena said, only one character is free at any given time. Right now it should still be TJ Combo. He does not have an arcade mode, but you can play Survival or multiplayer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had some minor amounts of lag in Titanfall at one period and that's when I noticed I had a strict NAT and decided to look into it more.

Now I opened all the ports and set a static IP for my console and I'm fine.

the slight difference in cutscene graphics...

LA520ill.jpg

Shamelessly pulled from the XBL Deals Thread (Credit to Serjitank for bringing it to my attention).

Gears of War Franchise assets were posted to the Xbox Wire Media website possibly signaling that an HD Collection is indeed being worked on.

It's possible it really isn't anything special, and some say it might just be GWG announcements for November (Although the first one has been on GWG before).

http://news.xbox.com/media

[quote name="RiPPn" post="12193685" timestamp="1414595425"]If your router supports UPNP just enable that and the router will open ports for you automatically.[/quote]
I HAD to do that otherwise my 360 and One wouldn't work correctly when switching between the consoles.

I HAD to do that otherwise my 360 and One wouldn't work correctly when switching between the consoles.
no upnp which is a pain. I gave up my gargoyle router when I switched to uverse. It works though. I think I'll just do all my online gaming on the one and set up IP pass through for it to allow all traffic. And I don't really care if my PS+ games DL slow. On a side note you can actually vuy exact dollar amount of xbl credit at ganestop which is cool. Just bought $13 worth for peggle 2. Too bad didn't realize it only cost $12

no upnp which is a pain. I gave up my gargoyle router when I switched to uverse. It works though. I think I'll just do all my online gaming on the one and set up IP pass through for it to allow all traffic. And I don't really care if my PS+ games DL slow. On a side note you can actually vuy exact dollar amount of xbl credit at ganestop which is cool. Just bought $13 worth for peggle 2. Too bad didn't realize it only cost $12
What's the difference, you can buy with real money currency now, have been for a while now. Dat Halo :bouncy:

Shamelessly pulled from the XBL Deals Thread (Credit to Serjitank for bringing it to my attention).

Gears of War Franchise assets were posted to the Xbox Wire Media website possibly signaling that an HD Collection is indeed being worked on.

It's possible it really isn't anything special, and some say it might just be GWG announcements for November (Although the first one has been on GWG before).

http://news.xbox.com/media
I would play the shit out of a HD Gears collection. Love those games, even if Gears 1 feels a little stiff now.

Speaking of NAT, does anyone else run into the issue of it displaying as Moderate, so you then run the "Test multiplayer connection", wait for results, press all bumpers and trigger, have it display as a cone nat, then change to Open, only to change back to Moderate a day or so later?

What's the difference, you can buy with real money currency now, have been for a while now. Dat Halo :bouncy:
I can pay with cash and not have to worry about the bill at the end of the month assuming i don't use the card for anything else. Also I had $18 in cash on hand and didn't feel like going to the bank to make a $18 deposit.

[quote name="Burning Karma" post="12194301" timestamp="1414606652"]I would play the shit out of a HD Gears collection. Love those games, even if Gears 1 feels a little stiff now.

Speaking of NAT, does anyone else run into the issue of it displaying as Moderate, so you then run the "Test multiplayer connection", wait for results, press all bumpers and trigger, have it display as a cone nat, then change to Open, only to change back to Moderate a day or so later?[/quote]
I had that once in a while. Last time I remember was last spring. Haven't had anything recently.

Am I the only one pissed off that these stupid things are 100% glossy?  I play my games at a desk.  I put the controller on top. I've had this thing for one day and the top is already scratched where I put my controller down.  Same thing with my ps4.  It doesn't freaking matter much but, I'm still annoyed.  

Costume Quest 2 and How to Survive now available on Xbox One - How to Survive even has a free demo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vhw4QHURpeo

Am I the only one pissed off that these stupid things are 100% glossy? I play my games at a desk. I put the controller on top. I've had this thing for one day and the top is already scratched where I put my controller down. Same thing with my ps4. It doesn't freaking matter much but, I'm still annoyed.
They're only about fifty percent glossy. If you want to place your controller on your system, you should put it on the right side which is made of matte plastic.

Yeah these glossy consoles suck. I haven't checked my Xbox One in awhile since both of them are in my media center, but I took my PS4 out the other week and the glossy part was riddled with scratches. I had a huge WTF?! face on because none of my consoles (Even the Glossy old PS3's) looked as bad as it does.

My consoles glossy part are fine. My niece and nephews play with them all the time, not sure how you guys are getting scratches on it.

You could always take your machines and get ghost armor on them, would preserve the look and protect it at the same time.

Of course the first night I go to play my Xbone in a while (picked up Sunset Overdrive) I manage to fry my HDMI cable.  I have spares but still damn frustrating

So I have a few spare harddrives laying around one of them is 640gb that I took out of my ps3 before selling it.  If I throw it in an external enclosure and tuck it behind my system neatly away where I won't accidently knock it over it will seamlessly integrate  with the system?  I have Titanfall, Sunset Overddrive, Forza, SSOD, and Peggle 2 installed and am already down to about 250gb usable. Should I opt for a usb 3.0 enclosure instead of the 2.0 one i already have?

Sucks that the Entertainment Division didn't get to do anything. Especially since that was one of the reasons I picked up the Xbox. 

Maybe they'll bring it back, or something like it, later on. 

[quote name="el swordo" post="12195850" timestamp="1414639590"]So I have a few spare harddrives laying around one of them is 640gb that I took out of my ps3 before selling it. If I throw it in an external enclosure and tuck it behind my system neatly away where I won't accidently knock it over it will seamlessly integrate with the system? I have Titanfall, Sunset Overddrive, Forza, SSOD, and Peggle 2 installed and am already down to about 250gb usable. Should I opt for a usb 3.0 enclosure instead of the 2.0 one i already have?[/quote]
You will NEED USB 3.0. 2 will not work.

You will NEED USB 3.0. 2 will not work.
Really? Guess I'll have to buy a new enclosure then thanks. Anyone use this? Seems more useful then a standard enclosure http://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-SuperSpeed-Docking-Station/dp/B0099TX7O4/ref=sr_1_10?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1414671995&sr=1-10&keywords=usb+3.0+2.5%22+enclosure Well anyway today is the last day of my prime trial so I ordered it after reading a review that says it works. Will let you guys know tommorow assuming it comes in like it's expected too. Works with 2.5 and 3.5 drives so I think it's worth $10 more then a regular enclosure. btw can you force the x1 to use the internal storage until it can't anymore?

It seems like Microsoft is finally getting it together with Xbox One. The price is coming down. There's some good exclusives. Don't need to buy Kinect. Forza Horizon absolutely destroys the disaster that is Driveclub.

I'm going to try to resist it, but man, things look good on Xbox One right now.

I don't know if I should buy Unity even with the MCC coming out. I feel like I wouldn't play it. 

I might just buy it, and sell it for $50 just to get the RZ cert.

It seems like Microsoft is finally getting it together with Xbox One. The price is coming down. There's some good exclusives. Don't need to buy Kinect. Forza Horizon absolutely destroys the disaster that is Driveclub.

I'm going to try to resist it, but man, things look good on Xbox One right now.
Join us.....join us.......

I don't know if I should buy Unity even with the MCC coming out. I feel like I wouldn't play it.

I might just buy it, and sell it for $50 just to get the RZ cert.
I might just roll over credit and do that as well. Unity just doesn't look that good to me and there are much better games coming out in my opinion.

Damn that white console looks really good. I really like the look of both of the white consoles this generation.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/10/xbox-one-novembers-games-with-gold-are-no-turkeys?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

xbox one gets volgarr the viking indie game funded by kick starter. seems like both plus and gold are duds this month for new gen

really wonder what company will step up and give a free AAA title free one month.
Sorry but The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth is not a dud. And the 360 selection is pretty good if you don't already have those games which sadly I already do.

For those that don't know you get:

Xbox Ome:
Volgarr the Viking
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCiLyWO8DwU
360:
Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise (11/01)
Red Faction: Guerrilla (11/16)

bread's done
Back