Xbox One - General Discussion Thread

I liked Sunset but it got pretty repetitive after awhile. A lot Fetch quest and I know they did it on purpose because they make jokes about it. The humor started to get stale after a while.

Still a good game though and I hope they make another one and iron it out a bit more

https://twitter.com/ImageForm/status/580766161735929858

If you remember the XBL Indie Game MinerDigDeep, SteamWorld Dig is basically that concept mixed with Super Metroid.

Check out the list below for features in the April preview update that are starting to roll out tonight:

Voice messages – Xbox One preview program members will be able to compose and playback voice messages in the messages app when snapped on Xbox One. Quickly and easily record audio to send to your friends or others through your snapped messages app accessed through a simple quick double tap of the Xbox button. Additionally, voice messages can be exchanged between Xbox 360 and Xbox One consoles.

Dedicated servers for party chat – We’re enhancing party chat with dedicated chat relay servers that will enable Xbox One owners that may have historically had NAT issues to party chat more reliably. Parties where players are unable to form direct peer-to-peer connections for party chat will automatically leverage dedicated server infrastructure to relay traffic. This service is only enabled for parties where one or more members are previewing the April system update.

What’s On – The Xbox engineering team is continuing to experiment with the What’s On area, which highlights popular videos, movies, TV shows and game broadcasts. We’re continuing to test different experiences for preview members in the U.S. and this month, the preview of this feature is being expanded to Canada and the UK as well.

http://majornelson.com/2015/03/26/xbox-one-april-system-update-voice-messages-party-chat-updates-and-more-now-in-preview/?linkId=13157575

Last edited by a moderator:
Voice messages is huge and long overdue.

Dedicated servers for party chat is great too, they've been constantly improving it the last 2-3 months.

I'm having problems with Ori and the Blind Forest.  The game will flash every few seconds back and forth to a black screen back to gameplay.  Really weird and makes me worried =\

I'm having problems with Ori and the Blind Forest. The game will flash every few seconds back and forth to a black screen back to gameplay. Really weird and makes me worried =\
Is this happening when you return to the game from suspend mode? If that is the case, it's a known glitch and they are working on a patch for it. It's happened to me a few times and I usually have to close the app and re-open it.

It only does that while playing Ori?
Yeah game discs seem fine.

Is this happening when you return to the game from suspend mode? If that is the case, it's a known glitch and they are working on a patch for it. It's happened to me a few times and I usually have to close the app and re-open it.
Yeah I exited the game using the suspend mode (turning off through the xbox menu button instead of through settings). Thanks you're right when I looked it up it looks like a patch is not yet available but Microsoft is looking into it.

By the way, I just noticed on the dashboard that we get to watch Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods for free this weekend. Sweet!
That's awesome! I rented it when it came out and really enjoyed it. No problem regarding the Ori issue too, I figured that was the problem when I read your original post. Seems to happen every time you suspend the game too. Luckily Ori is a game you save often in.

Bought Ori. I was going to wait, but the GF wanted it and thought I should considering she bought a few games I wanted to play. I love how you can set another console as the home console and share games.

I'm in the process of buying an Xbox One and was thinking of getting the ACU bundle from a local Target. I've been to 3 stores and none of them have it anymore. I was told by all these stores that they would not be getting any more of these bundles and that it seems like it's being phased out. Can anyone confirm if this is the case and, if so , is this just Target phasing the bundle out or is this across all retailers?

Thanks.

I'm in the process of buying an Xbox One and was thinking of getting the ACU bundle from a local Target. I've been to 3 stores and none of them have it anymore. I was told by all these stores that they would not be getting any more of these bundles and that it seems like it's being phased out. Can anyone confirm if this is the case and, if so , is this just Target phasing the bundle out or is this across all retailers?

Thanks.
The Mastechief bundle is the current one now. The ACU bundle was for the holidays.

Well played a little bit of Ori. It's a beautiful game, the music is fantastic, the whole direction of the game is great. Metroidvania elements are a little weak but besides that I am enjoying it. I don't know if the $20 price tag is worth it but since I will have two people playing through it, it's not terrible.

If you really want the Assassin Creed bundle, buy it from gamestop.Com or Amazon.
I plan on going the Amazon route, but I was hoping to get a deal. I missed the bundle that included NBA 2K15 and 3 Months of Xbox Live a few weeks ago, and was hoping something similar would pop up again. The Master Chief bundle doesn't offer me anything new to play, which is why I'm passing on it.

I plan on going the Amazon route, but I was hoping to get a deal. I missed the bundle that included NBA 2K15 and 3 Months of Xbox Live a few weeks ago, and was hoping something similar would pop up again. The Master Chief bundle doesn't offer me anything new to play, which is why I'm passing on it.
Unity is on sale for like $20 this week somewhere. Why not grab a kinect bundle for $260 on cowboom that is the deal of the day or whatever and have money to spare to buy the games you want?

Blood Bowl is essentially football but for nerds who don't like football or do not want to be seen playing Madden. It's a fun series.

Spacehulk looks cautiously good. I say cautiously because I known a lot of shooters that look great until you play the game and it turns out not so great.

Unity is on sale for like $20 this week somewhere. Why not grab a kinect bundle for $260 on cowboom that is the deal of the day or whatever and have money to spare to buy the games you want?
Is this a new console or refurbished?

Edit: Never mind. Just saw it is used.

Thanks for the heads up anyway.

No, Blood Bowl is an arcade football game while Madden is a simulation football game.

That's awesome news!
I wouldn't call it total arcade, the game is kind of a turn based strategy game. Every action you do usually requires some type of dice roll. It's based off a board game. It's still fun in because it's Warhammer based.

Two or three great games coming to Xbox One this year:

Preview: Blood Bowl II, Farming Simulator 15, and Space Hulk: Deathwing

Be sure to check out the Space Hulk trailer. It has that awesome first Gears of War trailer vibe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YROOgLD-wtU
Super interested in how Blood Bowl 2 turns out as the first one was terrible. Also very interested in how Space Hulk turns out as I love the board game and feel that the past games have never captured the same feeling that the table top game does.

Thanks.
Newegg via eBay has the Unity bundle with the Master Chief Collection for $350.00 with free shipping.

http://slickdeals.net/f/7768365-xbox-one-assassin-s-creed-unity-bundle-w-halo-master-chief-collection-3-month-xbox-live-349-99-with-free-shipping

Is it just me or with the delay of Uncharted 4 and Halo and Tomb Raider both coming out for the xbox one this holiday really bad news for the  ps4 over the holidays this year?  I mean the last aaa exclusive I bought on my ps4 was Second Son and that came out in march of last year. Of course it will probably sell crap tons anyway just because everything sells crap tons over the holidays.  

Ok, anyone know what it means when you check a gamertag's availability, it shows as available, you search the gamertag on both xbox.com and on the console itself and there are no results...but when you try to change your gamertag to it, it says it's taken? It's not "vulgar" or anything, so this is pretty strange to me.

Is it just me or with the delay of Uncharted 4 and Halo and Tomb Raider both coming out for the xbox one this holiday really bad news for the ps4 over the holidays this year? I mean the last aaa exclusive I bought on my ps4 was Second Son and that came out in march of last year. Of course it will probably sell crap tons anyway just because everything sells crap tons over the holidays.
I think PS4 definitely kinda sucks as far as big name exclusives so far, but there's still good stuff, Axiom Verge is definitely something I'm jealous of only being on PS4 right now (not that that is a big name title). And like you said, they'll sell just fine anyway. They could announce a lot of games at E3, but I doubt that's all going to be 2015 stuff.

Ok, anyone know what it means when you check a gamertag's availability, it shows as available, you search the gamertag on both xbox.com and on the console itself and there are no results...but when you try to change your gamertag to it, it says it's taken? It's not "vulgar" or anything, so this is pretty strange to me.

I think PS4 definitely kinda sucks as far as big name exclusives so far, but there's still good stuff, Axiom Verge is definitely something I'm jealous of only being on PS4 right now (not that that is a big name title). And like you said, they'll sell just fine anyway. They could announce a lot of games at E3, but I doubt that's all going to be 2015 stuff.
Yeah i'm just sad because I bought a 2tb harddrive for my ps4 a month or so ago and there's nothing i really want to fill it with right now. I'm also kinda bored with both consoles as it stands. I may look into that axiom verge I finished sunset overdrive the other day and now all I feel like playing is forza,fifa,or nhl.

Hey guys...I was wondering if you think getting an XBOX ONE MCC edition for 350 is smart now. Is this a temporary price cut or is it permanent?  Should I wait off becasue I do have a PS4 and a really powerful vidoe editing/design rig that I play most my games on anyway. It has two 980's =)  I love halo and it would be nice to play the MCC but are they really that much better then if I already have a 360 with those games?  Halo 5 is the main game I would get for it , but should I wait? Other then that I would get it for Sunset Overdrive which looks amazing, but I think it might come to PC eventually like other exclusives did like Ryse and Dead Rising 3. 

Is it just me or with the delay of Uncharted 4 and Halo and Tomb Raider both coming out for the xbox one this holiday really bad news for the ps4 over the holidays this year? I mean the last aaa exclusive I bought on my ps4 was Second Son and that came out in march of last year. Of course it will probably sell crap tons anyway just because everything sells crap tons over the holidays.
Sony most likely drops the price to $350 IMO plus they still sold extremely well even with all the crazy stuff MS did for Black Friday and the holidays last year.

They'll be fine.

Hey guys...I was wondering if you think getting an XBOX ONE MCC edition for 350 is smart now. Is this a temporary price cut or is it permanent? Should I wait off becasue I do have a PS4 and a really powerful vidoe editing/design rig that I play most my games on anyway. It has two 980's =) I love halo and it would be nice to play the MCC but are they really that much better then if I already have a 360 with those games? Halo 5 is the main game I would get for it , but should I wait? Other then that I would get it for Sunset Overdrive which looks amazing, but I think it might come to PC eventually like other exclusives did like Ryse and Dead Rising 3.
Seems like a permanent price drop to me.

I'll say you should wait until the holidays and jump in with Halo 5...MCC isn't bad now after the state it was in at launch, but you're not really seeing much of anything new(or better) outside of Halo 2 Anniversary plus the ame won't have much life left once H5 drops. Sunset Overdrive is a great game too.

Seems like a permanent price drop to me.

I'll say you should wait until the holidays and jump in with Halo 5...MCC isn't bad now after the state it was in at launch, but you're not really seeing much of anything new(or better) outside of Halo 2 Anniversary plus the ame won't have much life left once H5 drops. Sunset Overdrive is a great game too.
Thanks man...What about Forza Horizon 2? I am in the mood for a good racer, and Sony has completely dropped the ball on Drive Club and no sign of a new Grand Turismo anytime soon. And PC only really has Need For Speed games...Sunset is great but not a system seller? Does anyone know of any deals on the MCC edition of XBOX ONE for Easter?

Newegg has the Assassins Creed bundle on eBay with MCC and 3 months on Live for $350+ free shipping. But from going by what you said, I'd wait until Oct/Nov. Microsoft will almost definitely have a Halo 5 Xbox One bundle, which might even have a larger HDD. With you having PS4 and PC already you won't miss much from now until then and when you do pick it up, Forza Horizon 2, MCC, and Sunset Overdrive will all most likely be cheaper. Hopefully that helps!

AAA multiplats carry systems through the holidays which is why I find Microsoft's strategy of loading up all of their exclusives over that same period baffling. Here we are in April and what AAA exclusive has there been on the Xbox One since the end of November..? Scream Ride? Is that even AAA? And don't even bring up Ori because the PS4 slaughters the Xbox One in downloadables. Also the PS4 wasn't just relying on Uncharted, here is a list of exclusives slated for the PS4 this year:

Bloodborne*
Disgaea 5
God Of War 3: Remastered
GodZilla
J star victories
MLB 15 The Show*
Motorcycle Club
Persona 5
Ratchet & Clank Redux
Tearaway Unfolded
The Order 1886*
Tropico 5
Untill Dawn
Yakuza Zero: The Oath’s Place

Not sure if I missed any, but couple those with the better versions of those said AAA multiplats and whatever surprises E3 might bring, yeah I think the PS4 is going to be just fine. Xbox fans really need to quit trying to push the narrative that they have all the games especially when you are in the midst of going about 10 months with next to nothing exclusive wise.

AAA multiplats carry systems through the holidays which is why I find Microsoft's strategy of loading up all of their exclusives over that same period baffling. Here we are in April and what AAA exclusive has there been on the Xbox One since the end of November..? Scream Ride? Is that even AAA? And don't even bring up Ori because the PS4 slaughters the Xbox One in downloadables. Also the PS4 wasn't just relying on Uncharted, here is a list of exclusives slated for the PS4 this year:

Bloodborne*
Disgaea 5
GodZilla
J star victories
MLB 15 The Show*
Motorcycle Club
Persona 5
Ratchet & Clank Redux
Tearaway Unfolded
The Order 1886*
Tropico 5
Untill Dawn

Not sure if I missed any, but couple those with the better versions of those said AAA multiplats and whatever surprises E3 might bring, yeah I think the PS4 is going to be just fine. Xbox fans really need to quit trying to push the narrative that they have all the games especially when you are in the midst of going about 10 months with next to nothing exclusive wise.
While it might not be a AAA game, I know a bunch of people excited for No Mans Sky. Two of my friends plan on buying a PS4, just for it. I'd say the scope and hype for that game, is greater then most AAA games.

Holiday likely wont have anything that they consider "blockbusters" for PS4. Stuff like Tearaway, Ratchet and Clank will likely be out holiday time. I'm sure they will have something announce around E3 like they did last  year with LittleBig Planet 3. Sony seems more to release their games the first half of the year rather than the last. The Order, MLB, Bloodborne, Until Dawn all come out the first half of the year.

I'm not sure why we are having this convo in the Xbox thread though.

Thanks man...What about Forza Horizon 2? I am in the mood for a good racer, and Sony has completely dropped the ball on Drive Club and no sign of a new Grand Turismo anytime soon. And PC only really has Need For Speed games...Sunset is great but not a system seller? Does anyone know of any deals on the MCC edition of XBOX ONE for Easter?
Best racing game on any platform so far. Completely gorgeous and fun to play but a little too easy on default settings you'll blow through it. I actually liked the fast and furious addon a little better than the game because of the music choices and it the cars seemed to be easier to control

Bloodborne*
Disgaea 5
GodZilla
J star victories
MLB 15 The Show*
Motorcycle Club
Persona 5
Ratchet & Clank Redux
Tearaway Unfolded
The Order 1886*
Tropico 5
Untill Dawn

But, I don't care about any of those games. Maybe if i knew more about them I would. The only one I could see buying a console for would be the show and i stopped caring about baseball 10 years ago. That being said I bought a ps4 because I knew i would probably get 2-3 infamous games and 2-3 uncharteds this generation. Just didn't expect to be so far in with no uncharted. All those little games help but, nothing that i'm really glad to own the system for. But, halo is probably why i didn't give up videogames years ago and Tomb Raider is gonna be amazing. @deader not really concerned about health of ps4 just like talking about this stuff for some reason even though it doesn't really have any impact on my life whatsoever. Just seems weird that at this moment in time that the xbox one has more exclusives that i'm interested in playing and halo/gears haven't even come out yet.

But, I don't care about any of those games. Maybe if i knew more about them I would. The only one I could see buying a console for would be the show and i stopped caring about baseball 10 years ago. That being said I bought a ps4 because I knew i would probably get 2-3 infamous games and 2-3 uncharteds this generation. Just didn't expect to be so far in with no uncharted. All those little games help but, nothing that i'm really glad to own the system for. But, halo is probably why i didn't give up videogames years ago and Tomb Raider is gonna be amazing.
I'm going to wait for the PS4 "definitive edition" of Tomb Raider, and Halo has always just been a generic shooter to me. Only reason I played through Halo 4 was for the Amex / Best Buy achievement reward, and even then it was a pretty mediocre game. 343 Studios hasn't exactly been lighting up the world with their work as Halo 4 is often regarded as the worst in the series, Master Chief Collection was a disaster, and the Halo 5 beta seemed to get a pretty mixed reception. That said I'm still glad I have an Xbox One because I have Sunset Overdrive, Forza Horizon 2 and Dead Rising 3 sitting in my backlog and also I'll grab Ori when it goes on sale.

I'm going to wait for the PS4 "definitive edition" of Tomb Raider, and Halo has always just been a generic shooter to me. Only reason I played through Halo 4 was for the Amex / Best Buy achievement reward, and even then it was a pretty mediocre game. 343 Studios hasn't exactly been lighting up the world with their work as Halo 4 is often regarded as the worst in the series, Master Chief Collection was a disaster, and the Halo 5 beta seemed to get a pretty mixed reception. That said I'm still glad I have an Xbox One because I have Sunset Overdrive, Forza Horizon 2 and Dead Rising 3 sitting in my backlog and also I'll grab Ori when it goes on sale.
Gotta love momentum. I bought an xbox because my friend brought over halo 2 when i only had a gamecube at the time. I've now bought three xbox consoles because of a single franchise that hasn't been as good as it once was for a long time.

bread's done
Back