Xbox One - General Discussion Thread

Not surprising, but glad to get more info and footage for both Mass Effect: Andromeda and Mirror's Edge Catalyst. Definitely looking forward to both of those games a great deal next year, but aside from Battlefront the rest of the EA line-up has been weak, especially for 2015 releases. 

Not surprising, but glad to get more info and footage for both Mass Effect: Andromeda and Mirror's Edge Catalyst. Definitely looking forward to both of those games a great deal next year, but aside from Battlefront the rest of the EA line-up has been weak, especially for 2015 releases.
2015 all around gaming seems little weak in my mind

Last edited by a moderator:
That makes more sense at $40, still will wait for a drop before I pick it up. Too much coming out for me to want to play Gears again, I'd rather play the 30 Rare games on the excellent Replay collection.

Just put in Viva Pinata and it's having me install something but it is terribly slow.  I think Xbox Live is having issues because even my pins aren't loading.

Edit:  Very impressed, it loads the game, says it's getting your Xbox 360 info, then logs you into Xbox Live with the 360 logo prompt.  You push the options and start button at the same time and it brings up a limited 360 menu.  Game appears to play flawlessly, super impressed. 

Outside of Xbox Live being down, this was me all day:

waterboy-pinched-nipples.gif

Alright, I've been firmly against buying the Xbox One ever since they announced all the anti-consumer policies a few years back - even after they rolled it back I was pissed.  Seeing what they've announced now though, that has begun to change my mind, especially the backwards compatibility.  If I can dump my Xbox 360 and stick and Xbox One in that spot of my entertianment center then they might have me.  My main concern is the list of games.  I'm sure it's too much to hope for that Xbox 360 kinect games will run on Xbox One but my kids play Seasame Street Kinect TV on my Xbox 360 and if that, the Brave game that my daughter players, and a few others that my kids play get ported over then that's really all I need.  I already own several of the games on the current list.

I was also very impressed with Rare's 30 games for 30 dollars.  If I get an Xbox One, I would buy that for sure along with several of the other games they showed.  I liked the robot dog game (forget the name) and the one about the blind girl, that has the feel of the artsy games that Sony puts out that I enjoy.

They're showed a sneak peak of the new Xbox One dashboard and I grabbed a snapshot of it:

CHlGgydWIAE58nh.png

The left is a quick menu of sorts that you can bring up in-game by double tapping the Xbox button. The top is obviously a streamlined list of tabs. Cortana is a part of the OS now to replace the clunky Kinect voice controls.

Looks similar to XMB on first glance.

I was fine with the current setup too, just nothing a little readjusting can't do.

I hope it gets rid of the dumb "I'm backing out of this part of the menu, but now it has launched a completely different app for no reason" thing that happens far too often.

I'm guessing that because EA never announced any subscriber numbers for EA Access that they must not be very good, so they had to break their promise/claim that Titanfall would never be in the Vault and offer a week-long trial to all Xbox Live Gold members on Xbox One.

There are more games that are backward compatible than are on the official list.  On mine I'm getting Alien Hominid HD, N+, and Zuma as well as the ones on the list

I don't know why I received 2 codes for the gears of war ultimate edition beta but first person to grab this can have it 

• 3M3JC-4J2PH-CC6X7-FY6Y3-X43VZ

I wasn't thinking about it at the time, but I just realized that the somewhat mediocre value of Games with Gold on Xbox One is going to be a lot better as they add more and more compatible Xbox 360 games to the Xbox One.

Are you sure? Then I must had grabbed his download code then...
Yea I got two, the first downloaded the game then the second that I got a couple hours later was to activate the game.

First said: You're registered for the Gears of War: Ultimate Edition Beta. While you wait for Beta access, choose Redeem code to pre-download the beta onto your Xbox One. Then, once you are granted access, you'll be ready to go

second said: Congratulations, your token for full access to the Gears of War: Ultimate Edition Beta is here. Choose Redeem code on your Xbox One to play the beta now

Yea I got two, the first downloaded the game then the second that I got a couple hours later was to activate the game.

First said: You're registered for the Gears of War: Ultimate Edition Beta. While you wait for Beta access, choose Redeem code to pre-download the beta onto your Xbox One. Then, once you are granted access, you'll be ready to go

second said: Congratulations, your token for full access to the Gears of War: Ultimate Edition Beta is here. Choose Redeem code on your Xbox One to play the beta now
Ouch... I totally wouldn't had took it if I knew...

Anyway I can deactivate the code on my account and give it back to him?

If you really needed two codes, I might have fucked myself too SMH.
That is a kick in the face.

Just sent a pm to that guy apologizing.

I wonder if this means I won't be getting into beta now when they send out the next wave.

Where are you guys getting the Gears beta code, Is it for preview members?
You can register here and the codes will be sent in 24-48 hours. Additionally if you played Gears 1, 2, 3, and Judgement on the same Xbox account and your account is in good standing you should be receiving a code soon.

https://gearsofwar.com/en-us

Also not to be that guy, but the messages Kickrockz posted seem pretty clear that two codes would be required.

I wasn't thinking about it at the time, but I just realized that the somewhat mediocre value of Games with Gold on Xbox One is going to be a lot better as they add more and more compatible Xbox 360 games to the Xbox One.
That and we are going to see a lot more free bundled games. Fallout and rainbow 6 siege are already coming with older versions for free

Microsoft really pushing hard for the Xbox + Windows 10 ecosystem. Just announced Gears Ultimate Edition and Killer Instinct will also release on PC. It was also hinted that other Gears games may come to PC down the road.

Might help me hold off on buying another system although I really want to play Halo 5.

Yeah just heard that and Killer Instinct will be cross-play too. I can see how that could work but I don't know how they'd manage to do that with Gears unless they force PC gamers to use a controller lol.

Yeah just heard that and Killer Instinct will be cross-play too. I can see how that could work but I don't know how they'd manage to do that with Gears unless they force PC gamers to use a controller lol.
FFXIV players can use controller or Keyboard and mouse. I dont think it matters.

bread's done
Back