Xbox One - General Discussion Thread

Those damn open world games get me every time.
I hear you, I played Dying Light, The Witcher3, Arkham Knight, mgs5, and currently playing MadMax. I always get sidetracked with collectibles or side quests, but I never seem to get all of them. Normally I start burning myself out on a game by doing side stuff, so the second half of the game I just rush through the story.

[quote name="Bleedingwickedly" post="12973627" timestamp="1445096449"]http://www.bestbuy.com/site/power-a-ir-extender-for-xbox-one-black/4466208.p?id=1219751169511&skuId=4466208

Thought someone might be interested in this. It basically let's you control your TV and cable box through the Xbox One without Kinect. For instance using the Oneguide on XB1 will now let you change the channels on your cable box.[/quote]
If you have a kinect already, this may not be needed. Mine controls my cable box without that hook up.

If you have a kinect already, this may not be needed. Mine controls my cable box without that hook up.

This is for people without Kinect. I thought I made that clear by saying "without Kinect".

Changing channels/volume and turning on my xb1 are really the only things I use my Kinect for.

[quote name="Bleedingwickedly" post="12973827" timestamp="1445108065"]This is for people without Kinect. I thought I made that clear by saying "without Kinect".

Changing channels/volume and turning on my xb1 are really the only things I use my Kinect for.[/quote]
Gotcha. I misread the original post. Then I read this from the item description, which made me think that they're trying to pretend kinect won't work:

"Expands the IR range of the Kinect sensor (not included) to ensure reliable operation"

My bad.

I brought my system to family in the capital region here in N.Y. When I hooked up through their TWC I decided to mess around with the one guide and their tv remote. Yeah I didn't have this because I didn't bring my Kinect, which I usually have set up.

We set up IR extenders on my TV back when we changed over from DirectTV to Dish the installer picked that up and said yeah you don't need this. Lol

im pretty sad today, my Xbox One bricked up on me and died earlier tonight during a failed (preview program) upadte, Thankfully it was fully warrantied and Microsoft is gonna replace it with a new one instead of repair it which is fine with me cause ive actually been having a ton of issues with the console not installing games or just downright uninstalling games for no reason. I think Ive hard reset it about 4 times in the past 6 month. couldnt of happened at a worse time though, Halo 5, Battlefront, Need For Speed, The Crew Wild Run, etc... The rep did assure me that my new one should be here within 7 days provided I get mine shipped out immediately which it will be so heres to hoping I wont be without it for 2 to 4 weeks

Guess its time like this where having more than 5 other gaming devices really pays off

Last edited by a moderator:
Uninstalling games for no reason? That's odd.
I had it happen to me twice. I would boot up the console/switch games and go to start a game I had been playing earlier or whatever and it would have to reinstall the entire game. the 2nd time it happened it uninstalled over half my library of games

I had it happen to me twice. I would boot up the console/switch games and go to start a game I had been playing earlier or whatever and it would have to reinstall the entire game. the 2nd time it happened it uninstalled over half my library of games
Sounds like a funky internal hard drive.

Does anyone else experience long delays when receiving game or party invites?

For example, I'll be in a party, and someone sends me a game invite.  It doesn't pop up for me until literally 5+ minutes later.  Or if I'm not in a party, and someone sends me a party or game invite, it takes that long between when they send it and when I receive it.  This delay also applies to messages.  I've tested having friends send me a text msg while we're in the same Live party.  It always takes 5+ minutes.

Is there a setting I need to adjust on my XB1 or on my router?  Online gameplay works perfectly fine so I'd rather not tweak my router if I don't have to.  None of my friends have this problem.  I don't think me being the only one with a 1TB XB1 would affect it so I'm all baffled...  My XB1 works perfectly fine otherwise so I can't imagine it's a hardware issue.

Edit: This only happens on my XB1.  On my 360, all messages arrive instantly.  And my 360 is not turned on when this delay occurs on my XB1.  I'm only on one or the other console at any one time, never online on both.  In case this info helps.

[quote name="gogomo" post="12980297" timestamp="1445443096"]Does anyone else experience long delays when receiving game or party invites?

For example, I'll be in a party, and someone sends me a game invite. It doesn't pop up for me until literally 5+ minutes later. Or if I'm not in a party, and someone sends me a party or game invite, it takes that long between when they send it and when I receive it. This delay also applies to messages. I've tested having friends send me a text msg while we're in the same Live party. It always takes 5+ minutes.

Is there a setting I need to adjust on my XB1 or on my router? Online gameplay works perfectly fine so I'd rather not tweak my router if I don't have to. None of my friends have this problem. I don't think me being the only one with a 1TB XB1 would affect it so I'm all baffled... My XB1 works perfectly fine otherwise so I can't imagine it's a hardware issue.

Edit: This only happens on my XB1. On my 360, all messages arrive instantly. And my 360 is not turned on when this delay occurs on my XB1. I'm only on one or the other console at any one time, never online on both. In case this info helps.[/quote]
Have you tried recovering your profile?

Have you tried recovering your profile?
I have not. I could try that. So on the XB1, based on what I just googled, seems like the proper way of recovering a profile is to 1) remove account, then 2) simply sign on again using that account. Doesn't sound like I need to do anything else special, but please let me know if I'm missing something. Will try it tonight. Thanks!

[quote name="gogomo" post="12980450" timestamp="1445446980"]I have not. I could try that. So on the XB1, based on what I just googled, seems like the proper way of recovering a profile is to 1) remove account, then 2) simply sign on again using that account. Doesn't sound like I need to do anything else special, but please let me know if I'm missing something. Will try it tonight. Thanks![/quote]
I think that should be it. If it is a corrupt profile or something along those lines it will fix it. I can't think of a networking reason for the delay. Unless you have port forwarding turned on for the 360. I guess that might cause issues since both consoles use the same ports. If that is the case try disabling port forwarding and just use UPnP if possible.

One of those sounds effect sounds like it came from the transformer movie. The sound effect is terrible but console looks very nice from all the unboxing video I have seen so far.

Some reviews had me consider the Elite controller. I don't play my xb1 enough to justify it though. Wonder if the cronusmax would make it work on ps4?

If the Elite console bundle goes on sale cheap enough I may grab it for the upgraded hard drive and elite controller and sell my launch console.  Just not sure it will be worth it when I feel a slim is probably coming next year.

Not sure the hybrid SSD makes a enough a difference in speed to consider it.  Plus the fact it looks like a standard XB1 would have me saying no.

They claim the new dashboard comes out the 12th. I don't see how at this rate.

I was trying to party chat with my GF over the xbox. It took me about 2 restarts to get a chat, 5 mins later it dies. Would not connect again. Oh and Edge browser literally like 1-2 weeks stopped working for my GF, and yes she uses it often. It's nice to view websites on a 42 inch screen sometimes.

Had to use the Win 10 xbox app which works fine but the downside is I could not watch TV while chatting with her.

Does anyone else's XB now make a loud whirring noise while installing the game? WTF.

10000% not doing this before the update.

EDIT: and it stopped @4% of my Halo 5 install... Never mind spoke too soon. It started doing it again.

Anyone else get a beta code for the Battleborn beta tomorrow? I just got mine and I can't wait to test it out, the game looks pretty awesome.

Finally, looks like Game Hubs will show a lot of useful info.
http://news.xbox.com/2015/11/03/heres-a-closer-look-at-the-new-xbox-one-experiences-game-hubs/

"We’ve also crafted an improved Achievements experience. All of your Achievements are viewable straight from each Game Hub – along with stats on how you’re doing in a given game, with stats such as time played, game progress percentage, overall Gamerscore, and lots of game-specific stats. You can also quickly check a variety of leaderboards to see how you stack up against your friends, and compare your Achievements progress with them."

Looking forward to all the changes next week.

I have the preview of the new update and I'm really loving seeing the achievements in the game hub its one of my favorite parts of the new Update so far, for me this should have been how it looked at launch and not the tile version they launched with

Yeah Fallout 4 is freaking awesome as well.

Grabbed the NXOE update, pretty slick. Having to relearn a few things though.

Nice.  Unfortunately, compilation discs containing BC games don't work.  Tried both I have and nope.  Lumines Live and Pac-Man CE are going to have to be digital only.

It all works like it should connected to Xbox Live. Less so when you are offline, the Xbox will not even properly sign me in and I can't play Fallout 4!

None of my games work, I did multiple full reboots and powercyclings to no avail.

Update: Hmm, I was able to play Fallout 4 if I connected to Live, downloaded the update (thankfully somewhat small), went into the game, selected my account, my save, confirmed to use local save, and then went offline after it loaded. This will be really annoying if I have to do this with every game I want to play.

It feels like this big update needs more testing, wow and even with the preview program helping this...

Well, NXOE is junk. The change to OneGuide is absolutely worthless. As someone with a 6 month old who frequently used voice commands to view tv listings while holding and feeding my daughter, seeing that removed makes me question what the point of having an Xbox One and PS4 is anymore.

They've begun paving the road for the nothing to differentiate themselves from the PS4 except the generally lower performance of multi-platform games.

The removal of Kinect gestures I could live with but this whole thing feels like a giant step back.

So... Anyone else's Xbone not recognizing disc games since the update? I'm in My Games & Apps looking at a sea of nameless, blank grey icons.
I had it give me generic numbered sequences for the Rare Replay installation I have stopped on my system. Later on another reboot it fixed that to show the correct naming structure.

Hmmm, take a look at their support page: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/system/known-concerns-xbox-update
Edit: sorry I had copied the wrong url

I have a Turtle Beach Elite 800X headset and now after the update it doesn't work when you come back from standby. You have to turn the system off and back on, ugh.

Update: I've had to cut off the instant-on mode for my Xbox, it never remembers who I am (which is ducking stupid because there's only one account on the thing) so there's no point. I lost an hour of progress in Fallout 4 as when I booted up my system it said you have signed out and need to save. Then it didn't save because it couldn't log my profile in! Aaaagghh

Is there any way to get the GWG for 360 on the X1 without having to visit xbox.com?

I wanted to grab Dirt 3 and I had to go through Xbox.com and redeem it because I could not find anything on it.

[quote name="Sir_Fragalot" post="13031992" timestamp="1447639332"]Is there any way to get the GWG for 360 on the X1 without having to visit xbox.com?

I wanted to grab Dirt 3 and I had to go through Xbox.com and redeem it because I could not find anything on it.[/quote]
Not currently.

[quote name="Bleedingwickedly" post="13032278" timestamp="1447649257"]
I thought all 360 GwG starting this month were playable on XB1? Is this not the case? Or you just can't "purchase" them?[/quote]
They are, you just can't purchase them through the Xbox One store. You have to do it on a 360 or from the website.

No surprise but Rise of the Tomb Raider is not doing so well at retailers when compared with Fallout 4 sales. Which sucks because I heard that game is very good and it should get more attention than what it is getting right now. Microsoft should have just released it in December or even delayed to January. It's just insane that they released it the same day as Fallout 4.

No surprise but Rise of the Tomb Raider is not doing so well at retailers when compared with Fallout 4 sales. Which sucks because I heard that game is very good and it should get more attention than what it is getting right now. Microsoft should have just released it in December or even delayed to January. It's just insane that they released it the same day as Fallout 4.
Yup, something like 57,000 sold in Europe, which on TR Europe sold the most...

If I'm going to be switching XB1 consoles sometime in the future, is there anything I should worry about between saves and my external 4TB drive?

EDIT: Duh, meant XB1 and not 360.

Never have tried to get any of Games with Gold before and I'm trying to get Dungeon Siege 3 (not that great I know but still want to finish it sold mine awhile ago) on my One since 360 games with Gold can now be played on the One. News says it's available from the 16th-30th of this month but whenever I go to get it it just says "Bundle Only" where you would normally select to purchase it. What would I have to do to get to download it assuming I can like they are advertising?

bread's done
Back