Xbox One Limited Edition Halo 5: Guardians Console- Available to Preorder. $499

Anyone else notice a change to the disc drive on this console? With my Day One console, if you ejected the disc, you had a few seconds to yank it out before the drive would suck the disc back in, and you'd end up playing tug of war with it. On this console, if you eject the disc, it just sits there waiting for you. It will only suck the disc back in if you turn the Xbox One off. Is that a recent change? Do other consoles do that too? I'm glad they changed it, at any rate.
My original console is a little bitchy when it comes to that. Sometimes it sucks the disk right back in, sometimes it lets me actually take the disk out. I haven't noticed about the new one yet.

My original console is a little bitchy when it comes to that. Sometimes it sucks the disk right back in, sometimes it lets me actually take the disk out. I haven't noticed about the new one yet.
yeah my original ones disc drive was bitchy too....havent noticed the new one yet

that said....the sounds sound a lot better in person versus youtube videos. and it does look pretty nice. the halo statues look better than on video too. but this may just be me.

I did a chat inquiry yesterday to make sure my disk was on the way. I never got a confirmation email, but they checked by order number and said it will arrive today or tomorrow. That's fine with my considering I'm too busy until this weekend to play. I'll post pics of the console later.

Maannn I really wanted to get the game at midnight but considering it will take a couple hours to install the game, I see no point as I have to work tomorrow morning. I miss the days when you didn't have to wait to install a game...

Maannn I really wanted to get the game at midnight but considering it will take a couple hours to install the game, I see no point as I have to work tomorrow morning. I miss the days when you didn't have to wait to install a game...
Yeah, I really wish MS would do something where you could pre-order a physical game at Best Buy, get a code on the receipt, then pre-load it from their servers, if you wanted.

Yeah, I really wish MS would do something where you could pre-order a physical game at Best Buy, get a code on the receipt, then pre-load it from their servers, if you wanted.
theyd need to add a second code upon pick up.....to make sure you know you paid the full 60 dollars, then it would need to be a special preload where you'd have to have the disc.

theyd need to add a second code upon pick up.....to make sure you know you paid the full 60 dollars, then it would need to be a special preload where you'd have to have the disc.
It really wouldn't be a big deal. I mean, many games give you access to a multiplayer beta when you pre-order. If that can be managed, IDK how this would be any worse. Honestly, I also don't get why MS even locks the ability to install digital games. You should be allowed to freely install them from the store whenever, since the discs just act as unlocking keys to play.

It really wouldn't be a big deal. I mean, many games give you access to a multiplayer beta when you pre-order. If that can be managed, IDK how this would be any worse. Honestly, I also don't get why MS even locks the ability to install digital games. You should be allowed to freely install them from the store whenever, since the discs just act as unlocking keys to play.
because if the disc let you download it and all you needed was that download everyone and their mother would sell the games back for 30-40 dollars and the price of every new game would tank pretty quick, we are talking 1 or 2 days tanking and no one and their mother would buy a new copy so publishers would get nothing. the only game I've seen to give you both is NBA 2k16 jordan edition which is an 80 dollar game.

common economic sense really.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name="kayne2000" post="12989775" timestamp="1445917536"]because if the disc let you download it and all you needed was that download everyone and their mother would sell the games back for 30-40 dollars and the price of every new game would tank pretty quick, we are talking 1 or 2 days tanking and no one and their mother would buy a new copy so publishers would get nothing. the only game I've seen to give you both is NBA 2k16 jordan edition which is an 80 dollar game.

common economic sense really.[/quote]
The download that he is talking about would still require the disk to play. That's an awesome idea.

because if the disc let you download it and all you needed was that download everyone and their mother would sell the games back for 30-40 dollars and the price of every new game would tank pretty quick, we are talking 1 or 2 days tanking and no one and their mother would buy a new copy so publishers would get nothing. the only game I've seen to give you both is NBA 2k16 jordan edition which is an 80 dollar game.

common economic sense really.

The download that he is talking about would still require the disk to play. That's an awesome idea.
Yeah, chandler gets it. I'm saying you could basically go to the Xbox Store and install anything you wanted without making a purchase. Then, you either have to buy a digital key or put in a disc to play. It'd let everyone pre-load games.

anyone get their disc yet? got an email yesterday from support checking to see if my disc arrived yet, pretty awesome that they are following up with me, better support and help then the japanese companies

I been saying this since the Xbox one came out,I don't see the problem with letting anyone preload any game, if you don't own it you can't play it regardless, that way people can get the game at midnight and come home and have it ready to go and can play right away

This is very feasible (or at least it should be from a programming standpoint), I wouldn't be surprised if this was coming in an update soon.

Since the launch last week the lowest price you can probably $50 off retail so $450. Not counting any of the bundles with games/controllers etc. I think monoprice on ebay had it. so did Frys for a few one day sales so far. There will likely be more.

Hopefully $299 

photo-45265.gif

Anyone else notice a change to the disc drive on this console? With my Day One console, if you ejected the disc, you had a few seconds to yank it out before the drive would suck the disc back in, and you'd end up playing tug of war with it. On this console, if you eject the disc, it just sits there waiting for you. It will only suck the disc back in if you turn the Xbox One off. Is that a recent change? Do other consoles do that too? I'm glad they changed it, at any rate.
I have had 3 different XBOX ONE consoles before the Halo 5 version since the unit was released, and they all did the same thing. If you press the Eject button, with the console off, the disc will eject and then immediately be taken back in the console. Now, if you power the system on, then press Eject, the disc will sit and wait until about 15 seconds pass before taking the disc back in.

In regards to what you are saying, I have not seen that. Then again, I have only put one disc in the console to make sure the drive did in fact work. I did notice that the drive is different though. To me, it feels like a much better quality unit and definitely sounds more dependable. My guess is that these are new revisions of old hardware. Microsoft always does that.

bread's done
Back