Xbox One Limited Edition Halo 5: Guardians Console- Available to Preorder. $499

In all honesty, the statue in the Limited Collector's Edition isn't worth the price tag.  I've bought every single Halo console dating back to the original XBOX and Collector's Editions they have offered.  Biggest regret was wasting the cash on the shitty Reach statue and don't even get me started on the Halo 3 Helmet.  People are better off getting the Limited Edition.  Even the console priced at $499.99 without a Kinect is a ripoff.  What they should have done was pair the ELITE console with the Halo 5 themed paintjob.  That would have been a better deal considering you have to pay $500 bucks  This might be the first Halo console I skip sadly.

Last edited by a moderator:
It honestly makes no sense why this console costs $100 more than the LE Forza console. They really are charging more just because it's Halo.

I sold my Xbone for $250 to a buddy of mine. Used a movers on the console. Came out to $489.XX after tax. Had some gift cards to throw on there too. Figure the LE is worth $100. Ultimately paying $100 for a paint job, bigger HDD, and new warranty.

That's fine with me I suppose. I hate not having non-le consoles, and this should look nice next to my MGSTPP Red PS4.

My Wii U is just heinous next to them. The windwaker controller is nice, but the console is so bland.

I'll be swapping my digital code for the physical disk as well. I'll be keeping the disk in a wallet so I don't care that it doesn't have a slot. That is just bizarre though. I just keep the cases for display purposes in my cave/nerd room.
The movers coupon worked on a preorder? Where did you get such a thing?

It honestly makes no sense why this console costs $100 more than the LE Forza console. They really are charging more just because it's Halo.
Well, it's the LE of Haloand the regular version of Forza. However, the content price differences on the two is $40, yet they charge $100 more. It's a Halo tax, we all know it, and it's kind of lame (to put it nicely).

Not sure if this was posted

For you halo fanatics:

56cdf044-e4a3-4d75-a22c-9058df239775.jpg

You can enter to win this xbox one 

Link: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/halo-5-guardians

I bought the call of duty one at 500 last year this is just as nice but I have a much harder time with the price tag one year later, but I'm weak soooooo preordered. Is their a video of its on and off sounds?

I bought the call of duty one at 500 last year this is just as nice but I have a much harder time with the price tag one year later, but I'm weak soooooo preordered. Is their a video of its on and off sounds?
Shut your logic up. I'm trying to finish the task of talking myself out of the thing. I'm now into debating if I want the Forza 6 one or the Fallout 3+4 one (I already have Forza 6 physically).

They will that's how they did the halo 3 fiasco
Don't recall what happened there, but I was part of their new 360 disc format beta, and I believe they sent the Reach discs in a generic sleeve as well.

Halo 3 limited edition packaging was pure garbage the discs were all scratched and we had to send them in and get replacements. Also heres the kicker I also have the forza xbox 0_0

Debating on just ordering this damn thing and taking the 0% financing for 12 months to avoid those bullshit interest fees.

I received a 10% off coupon from Best Buy through email. Video game console is not on the exclusion but when I try to use it on consoles it didn't work. I'm going to go in store and try to apply on my halo console when I go pick it up. Hope it works.

[quote name="tinypoem" post="12971375" timestamp="1444965228"]What was this email for and what was it titled?[/quote]
The email was for a 10% off coupon and it was titled (my name), Congrats - You're eligible to take 10% off until 12/14/2015

I received a 10% off coupon from Best Buy through email. Video game console is not on the exclusion but when I try to use it on consoles it didn't work. I'm going to go in store and try to apply on my halo console when I go pick it up. Hope it works.
Are you trying it on the Halo console or on a console that is already out?

I was all gung-ho to trade my current :xb1: in to GS to offset the cost of this console, but I was told that the value for a console is $175 and they don't plan on having any promos in the near future. It makes me sick to think of getting so little for my current console...

[quote name="chnandler_bong" post="12971445" timestamp="1444969925"]Are you trying it on the Halo console or on a console that is already out?[/quote]
On the Halo Console, since I will be picking one up next Tuesday.

On the Halo Console, since I will be picking one up next Tuesday.
try it entering the 10% off on other xbox one consoles, some will work and some wont. If it works on any of them, then they shouldn't have an issue with an override

more importantly, can some one confirm the sound effects for this? (also it was a hassle exchanging for a physical as i had to register the console first and show proof of purchase plus various code checks(might just be for console owners) the only one i have noticed is the eject a disc button, i thoght their was supposed to be multiple but that is the only one i can here

more importantly, can some one confirm the sound effects for this? (also it was a hassle exchanging for a physical as i had to register the console first and show proof of purchase plus various code checks(might just be for console owners) the only one i have noticed is the eject a disc button, i thoght their was supposed to be multiple but that is the only one i can here
Turning it on and off with the power button on the console.

MS might have a hard time moving these if we're seeing Day 1 sales....

Does anyone know if the FOTUS DLC is a separate voucher from the actual game code?

I received my console today and contacted Microsoft support about the disc replacement program. It seems like they are only allowing people that purchase the Limited Collector's edition to exchage their code for the disc.

Hey I have a console code. Would anyone be willing to trade me their collectors edition code so I can get the physical disk? This is assuming you are content with the digital download.

I received my console today and contacted Microsoft support about the disc replacement program. It seems like they are only allowing people that purchase the Limited Collector's edition to exchage their code for the disc.
It's as if a million voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced.

OMG I WANT THIS!!!

that said.....i really want the console, badly....but holy fuck I cant justify eating 300-350 out of pocket and more if you include taxes because there is no fucking trade in deal for the xbox one console i already have.
I assume you mean spending the $300+ out of pocket for the Halo 5 LE bundle that chandler got? I'm on the fence myself. GameStop will give you $200 for the 500-GB model, that's the best offer I've seen, unless you want to try CreepList. If you're cavalier and lucky, you could go to GS, use the $200 on Amazon GC, trade them for BB credit on here, then see if there's a Mover's Coupon at Best Buy to get you $200 in credit and $50 off with the coupon. That's the best you could hope for.

But yeah, I'm undecided as well. I want the console, but $300 (plus tax) is a tough sell. Of course, there is this way I look at it, too:

I'm going to spend $80 (after GCU) on the LE anyway. I'll also spend $70 on the Locke controller if I don't get the bundle. So, $150 is leaving my wallet regardless. That (after the trade-in) turns it into an extra $150 (plus tax) I'd be spending for the bigger HDD and the paint job. If you can sell the FOTUS armor for a decent price, that can bring it down, too.

I assume you mean spending the $300+ out of pocket for the Halo 5 LE bundle that chandler got? I'm on the fence myself. GameStop will give you $200 for the 500-GB model, that's the best offer I've seen, unless you want to try CreepList. If you're cavalier and lucky, you could go to GS, use the $200 on Amazon GC, trade them for BB credit on here, then see if there's a Mover's Coupon at Best Buy to get you $200 in credit and $50 off with the coupon. That's the best you could hope for.

But yeah, I'm undecided as well. I want the console, but $300 (plus tax) is a tough sell. Of course, there is this way I look at it, too:

I'm going to spend $80 (after GCU) on the LE anyway. I'll also spend $70 on the Locke controller if I don't get the bundle. So, $150 is leaving my wallet regardless. That (after the trade-in) turns it into an extra $150 (plus tax) I'd be spending for the bigger HDD and the paint job. If you can sell the FOTUS armor for a decent price, that can bring it down, too.
people are buying the fotus not sure how long thouhg

huh I was not aware gamestop gave you that much....I was also thinking ebay perhaps, yeah yeah, horror stories I know, but Ive had good experiences on ebay. but shipping is a killer so I wouldnt get that much more than 200 at gamestop. but creeplist is a potential option.

as for me I already got the special 200 dollar edition but thanks to gift cards trade ins + GCU + reward points it wasnt bad at 95 dollars.

so I could sell one of the halo 5 codes to offset some of the cost and since i think I'd get two copies of the super deluxe codes with the bonuses that could help, but i dont recall what kind of code the halo console comes with.

of course i already bought the two new halo controllers because I wasnt expecting to get the console and best buys website gave you a free halo controller charger stand if you bought both, so no idea whether i should keep two of the silver ones or sell one. I know best buy that i got them from was out of stock of the green ones and i only barely got my in store pick up(they found mine marked for pick up already and it was hidden behind some stuff....lol)

of course in line with the amazon gift card at gamestop idea, I have 280 in amazon gift cards I've been sitting on for ages I could finally blow.

so I see how I could do it and not spend a dime....which makes my decisions harder.

It was my understanding the movers coupons no longer work on any consoles. I have tried an online code with both this one and the gears bundle and get a warning saying that the item doesn't qualify with that promotion when I enter the code.

huh I was not aware gamestop gave you that much....I was also thinking ebay perhaps, yeah yeah, horror stories I know, but Ive had good experiences on ebay. but shipping is a killer so I wouldnt get that much more than 200 at gamestop. but creeplist is a potential option.

as for me I already got the special 200 dollar edition but thanks to gift cards trade ins + GCU + reward points it wasnt bad at 95 dollars.

so I could sell one of the halo 5 codes to offset some of the cost and since i think I'd get two copies of the super deluxe codes with the bonuses that could help, but i dont recall what kind of code the halo console comes with.

of course i already bought the two new halo controllers because I wasnt expecting to get the console and best buys website gave you a free halo controller charger stand if you bought both, so no idea whether i should keep two of the silver ones or sell one. I know best buy that i got them from was out of stock of the green ones and i only barely got my in store pick up(they found mine marked for pick up already and it was hidden behind some stuff....lol)

of course in line with the amazon gift card at gamestop idea, I have 280 in amazon gift cards I've been sitting on for ages I could finally blow.

so I see how I could do it and not spend a dime....which makes my decisions harder.
Yeah, it's a tough call. On my end, I kind of like the Forza console more. I already got a disc copy of that though, so it's harder to warrant that pickup. At $100 less than the Halo 5 bundle, it's at least intriguing. That, and for the extra money I have to fork out if I trade in my current console towards a new one ($300+), I could just about buy a quality PS4. I want to get one someday, but nothing's coming I want to play right now (would probably look into it when MLB 16 launches).

What would be awesome is if I had a spare 360 controller lying about. My dumb Best Buy makes you give a controller on a console trade, then I'd dumb this worthless 360 Pro for a $75 off coupon, then probably do the GS trade and try to flip Amazon credit to Best Buy and get the console. That'd equate to $275 off the console, then I could sell the FOTUS for probably $50-75, meaning north of $325-350 in money I got back. It's basically a stone's throw from the $150 I'd spend on the controller and game alone then, and I'd leap at the chance.

Basically, I'm rambling aloud in a feeble attempt to talk myself into the purchase.

It was my understanding the movers coupons no longer work on any consoles. I have tried an online code with both this one and the gears bundle and get a warning saying that the item doesn't qualify with that promotion when I enter the code.
Well, that's lame.

What would be awesome is if I had a spare 360 controller lying about.
I have one....at parents house....2000 miles away lol. I'd sell pawn to best buy in a heartbeat.

Basically, I'm rambling aloud in a feeble attempt to talk myself into the purchase.
sounds about right....though Im not sure whether I just talked myself into getting one or not lol....my big thing is the amazon gift card money.....Its from old college textbooks and since Im not in college anymore....and that gift card money has been there for months and Ive no idea what I wanted to spend it on.....well yeah.

I could just about buy a quality PS4
hilariously enough I have one of those PSOne 4 special editions....still in the box it was shipped in. yes I need help.

Just picked up the console and lce for 250 in total after all GC and rewards , I am happy. Might sell the fotus armor to offset the cost even more

bread's done
Back