Xbox One on the way. DRM removed, more details to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='jkam']I really wish Microsoft would be a little more up front with the whole used game thing, it all just seems up in the air at this point. I don't really buy used but I do usually sell some stuff off when I'm done. The other thing did they mention if games would be day and date digital like on the Vita\PS4?

It's not that I actually hate having extra features, but I'm already starting to miss the days of just putting in a disc in your console and have it start up. No menus, no stores, no nonsense.

I'm guessing a lot of people will just stick to the PC, because even though it's all digital they can carry their games from one computer to the next. I built a PC a few years back so maybe I'll just update the graphics card at some point (not that it's a slouch right now).

If anything it seems like this will be the growing pains generation. To early to declare anything really.[/QUOTE]
It seems like they've got a solid PR plan for when they detail more aspects of the system and its services and they do not want to deviate from that plan at all, so they try to give just enough of an answer to try to satiate the public. The problem is that it seems like we get the start of a sentence before we see the caveat after "but".

"We will support used games, but _____"
"We will allow you to take your games over to your friend's house, but ______"
"We will allow you to play offline, but ______"

[quote name='psmitty93']Because he's a fanboy.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it always comes down to that, though there are plenty of fanboys for sure.

People get tied to consoles if they mainly play a few first party games like Halo or Gears.

They get tied to consoles if they mainly play online with friends and most of their friends only buy one console brand (i.e. just to play Halo online) etc.

Switching consoles isn't always easy if you play mostly online, or have a few must play franchises etc. And not everyone has the money to buy, or time to keep up with games on multiple consoles and has to pick just one to go with.

So for people mad about the required internet connection and the used game policies that we know of, what if PS4 is doing the exact same thing? What are your plans then?

I'm probably out for the next couple of years in that case and I'll probably end up buying a PS4 a couple of years from now when there's some cheap and good games.

Frankly I hope that if Sony does this too that the whole industry crashes and burns and we get the next NES in a few years.

[quote name='ShockandAww']So for people mad about the required internet connection and the used game policies that we know of, what if PS4 is doing the exact same thing? What are your plans then?[/QUOTE]
Buy a WiiU.

[quote name='ShockandAww']So for people mad about the required internet connection and the used game policies that we know of, what if PS4 is doing the exact same thing? What are your plans then?
[/QUOTE]

A lot have said they'd just quit console gaming and stick with the PC and Steam where games are a lot cheaper etc.

For me, it's not a huge deal. I don't like it, but I rarely buy used games anymore anyway. I do like being able to sell games after beating them to recoup some of the costs and wouldn't like losing that ability.

But MS said there would be some way to trade in games, so we'll have to wait and see how that pans out. The values may suck--but I usually just price my games to the lowest current price on the Amazon marketplace to sell them quickly anyway as I care more about ditching the disc and case quickly more so than maximizing the sales price.

If there was no trade in option, I'd be pretty annoyed. If I got a console I'd probably only buy digital games just to not be stuck with a disc/case I can do nothing with but recycle. And I'd buy even fewer games than I do now and just pick up a few things a year like Skyrim, Borderlands 2 etc. that I'm going to play for a long time and get my money's worth out of.

[quote name='psmitty93']I agree with all that you said, but the way he said it like he'll buy the new Xbox no matter the cost sounded fanboyish imo. I mean I love Halo and Gears, but not enough for me to buy the new Xbox at whatever cost.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't buy any console at any price. I can easily afford a $500+ console. But I don't game anywhere near enough to pay that much for one. $400 and under and I'll take the plunge if I'm interest as I can trade/sell my 360 and PS3 and knock a decent chunk off the price.

Just hard to switch away from Xbox unless the friends and family I play games like Borderlands with switch over too. So I'll probably wait a bit after launch at least to see what my friends are getting and also have more time to see how game libraries are shaping up, how the TV stuff on 360 really works etc.

[quote name='ShockandAww']So for people mad about the required internet connection and the used game policies that we know of, what if PS4 is doing the exact same thing? What are your plans then?

I'm probably out for the next couple of years in that case and I'll probably end up buying a PS4 a couple of years from now when there's some cheap and good games.

Frankly I hope that if Sony does this too that the whole industry crashes and burns and we get the next NES in a few years.[/QUOTE]

I hate to say this, but if EA got rid of online passes that would make me think that the ps4 might implement some used game fee too. It would depend on how restrictive it was for me; they already confirmed that an internet connection isn't necessary so that's good. 90% of the games I buy are new so it doesn't effect me in that way, but I let a lot of my friends borrow my games. Guess we have to wait and see.

[quote name='dmaul1114']I don't think it always comes down to that, though there are plenty of fanboys for sure.[/QUOTE]

Very well said...

I still cannot believe all those rumors are true... It just seems like unfathomable mistakes but it seems like each generation we have a company just too arrogant... I guess its MS's time now.

I honestly didn't mind the reveal. Forza 5 at launch with the McLaren P1 day one had me ready to preorder but... Well, after the questions got asked... I lost allot of interest. If I'm going to have to deal with DRM* than I might as well learn some WASD skills again... And, really not looking forward to that.

The sad thing is I rarely sale/trade games (I think I've done this 4 times this entire generation) and while I do loan them out occasionally its not like I'm at a loss if I cannot... (I also rarely by use games... Only games I didn't want the developer/publisher to get any money from, example would be Ninja Theory and Enslaved.) So I'm sort of in that zone where this shouldn't really affect me but... Well, I'm deeply bothered by it.

I'm also deeply bothered that I'm troubled by it... I do love gaming and I really want to support developers/publishers.... and, wow, we've seen so many go out of business I almost wonder if this is what the industry truly needs...?

I also wonder if Sony isn't going to unveil something very similar... I never liked any of their answers in regards to used games... It just seemed shaky and with plenty of room to backpedal on. (Used games was the expectation.)

Anyhow, I hope MS changes* their stance... (Its all software so they do have options) but I suspect they will not...

* and/or proves that their system has real value with the DVR rumors being true... That would honestly pay for the system itself in time... and make BS allot more tolerable.

[quote name='Nohbdy']http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...awful-start-xbox-one-must-redeem-itself-at-e3

http://www.shacknews.com/article/79309/xbox-one-wont-allow-indies-to-self-publish-games[/QUOTE]

Microsoft will need to knock it out of the park with E3. I don't think they will as I'm sure there won't be as much focus on the games as people think they will. I'm sure they'll still have plenty of Kinect/App stuff to show, including whatever streaming service they'll be using. Perfect time to show Twitch and it's capabilities.

And the indie stuff is disappointing. Quite a bit indie devs have already voiced their disapproval with Microsoft, and it doesn't sound like a service indies would want to flock to anymore.

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']I hate to say this, but if EA got rid of online passes that would make me think that the ps4 might implement some used game fee too. It would depend on how restrictive it was for me; they already confirmed that an internet connection isn't necessary so that's good. 90% of the games I buy are new so it doesn't effect me in that way, but I let a lot of my friends borrow my games. Guess we have to wait and see.[/QUOTE]

I'm not really concerned with it either, I just don't particularly like how shady Microsoft is being about it.

Though, I find it funny that people who want used games had the argument before yesterday that they want to be able to sell their games or trade them in.

They still have that option, but now they are moving the goalposts to complain about being charged for buying used.

Not that there isn't an entire shitstorm of awful news surrounding the system but the lack of self-publishing for indies is the single most damning thing for me personally as it runs completely counter to the kinds of games that I now prefer to play.

[quote name='ShockandAww']So for people mad about the required internet connection and the used game policies that we know of, what if PS4 is doing the exact same thing? What are your plans then?[/QUOTE]

Go outside. Nah just kidding.

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']I hate to say this, but if EA got rid of online passes that would make me think that the ps4 might implement some used game fee too. It would depend on how restrictive it was for me; they already confirmed that an internet connection isn't necessary so that's good. 90% of the games I buy are new so it doesn't effect me in that way, but I let a lot of my friends borrow my games. Guess we have to wait and see.[/QUOTE]

Ah I forgot it was already confirmed that a connection is not required for PS4. I'm ok with the publishers attempting to force online because that way people can speak with their wallets on any individual game and not be forced to do so with an entire console system.

[quote name='matrix9280']Go outside. Nah just kidding.[/QUOTE]
:)

I know a couple people with no internet but they own an Xbox so I'm wondering what people like that are going to do. Do they buy a PS4 instead or just stop gaming? Maybe just bite the bullet and pay for internet if they need to? I imagine some at least will just buy a PS4 and it really makes me wonder what the fuck MS is thinking.

How can Microsoft hit it out of the park with everything over its' head right now? Almost every single negative rumor about it came true in some way, shape or form. It's incredible. For the past few months since the PS4 reveal I've really gotten a sense that developers really want Microsoft to get their ass handed to them over some of the things Xbox One does.. Add in the fact that they can't keep their story straight is a recipe for a shit sandwich of epic proportions.

But if Sony has some of the same things with PS4 (which I'm going to guess will in some cases), what will happen then?

That gamesindustry article has one of the best quotes I've seen about the reveal:

it's hard not to think of other products Microsoft has created since the 360 - products like Zune, Surface, Windows Phone and latterly, Windows 8. Products which have, even when they've been rather good (as Windows Phone is), completely failed to ignite interest from consumers. In fact, in terms of consumer entertainment products, Microsoft has had one hit - Xbox 360 - in the midst of a litany of failure (it's fair to note, though, that Sony has its fair share of dodos as well, Vita being only the most recent). Xbox One needs to replicate the factors that made Xbox 360 into a success. This week, we saw none of that; we saw a console that felt less like an Xbox and more like a Microsoft Product, with all the baggage that brings.

[quote name='ShockandAww']So for people mad about the required internet connection and the used game policies that we know of, what if PS4 is doing the exact same thing? What are your plans then?[/quote]

http://steamcommunity.com/id/brokencage

I know someone's going to run in to say, "You can't play used games on Steam and it has to be online!" to which I'll respond, "Yup, which is why I don't need to spend five hundred dollars on another box to do the same shit."

[quote name='ShockandAww']

Frankly I hope that if Sony does this too that the whole industry crashes and burns and we get the next NES in a few years.[/QUOTE]

I'll be honest, I'll be thirty-one by the time the new consoles drop, and I've been considering that it might be time to skip a generation. I'm not going to quit gaming or anything, but there are so many old games I've never played, I might just buy another Xbox 360 when the prices tank, and spend the next five years working on my back catalogue, and I don't know, starting a family or something.

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']That gamesindustry article has one of the best quotes I've seen about the reveal:

"it's hard not to think of other products Microsoft has created since the 360 - products like Zune, Surface, Windows Phone and latterly, Windows 8. Products which have, even when they've been rather good (as Windows Phone is), completely failed to ignite interest from consumers. In fact, in terms of consumer entertainment products, Microsoft has had one hit - Xbox 360 - in the midst of a litany of failure (it's fair to note, though, that Sony has its fair share of dodos as well, Vita being only the most recent). Xbox One needs to replicate the factors that made Xbox 360 into a success. This week, we saw none of that; we saw a console that felt less like an Xbox and more like a Microsoft Product, with all the baggage that brings."
[/QUOTE]

Wow, that is great.

I have no idea how they are going to sell this thing.

They are going to have a very hard time selling this in my area as it is right now. First of all tons of kids here play the 360 without an Internet connection, this means these consumers are now gone as they won't be able to access the system. This Number is probably at least 50% of kids play it without going online in my area, so there is no way for MS to hook those kids that already play on 360 into their latest console. It's going to be an absolute nightmare for retail employees to explain that this requires an internet connection once a day and that there are restrictions on how games can be played between family members and friends. I believe that people just want to pop a disc in and play, as do I. Not to mention retail employees will mess up explaining this or they will not explain it at all which means that there will be a lot of angry customers and a lot of returns when the customer realizes they can't use the product. I think as soon as people start hearing this from retail employees they will instantly turn to another product, since they won't understand any of it, likely Nintendo or apple which is good for them.

They might be better off limiting this system to be sold only at GS or retailers that have been trained in how to sell it, but that will dampen sales across the board, perhaps they could set up kiosks in stores where they sell it with Xbox reps at the hand to answer any questions.

Anyone who has worked in retail or has been around retail knows how clueless buyers of the new game system are, especially during the holidays. The reality is, is that most people have no clue and they just want a system where they can put in a game and play.

I don't give a crap about used games or always online, although it's far from ideal. But Kinect required? Ugh, that's almost a deal-breaker for me. Crappier hardware with built-in obsolescence is another one. I hate, hate, hate that I'm going to have to get used to that Playstation controller again for non-RPG games, but it looks like it's moving that way.

I'll miss my HBO Go streaming, but I guess I can just buy a Roku.

[quote name='simmias']I'll miss my HBO Go streaming, but I guess I can just buy a Roku.[/QUOTE]

Why can't you just keep streaming on your 360?

[quote name='simmias']I don't give a crap about used games or always online, although it's far from ideal. But Kinect required? Ugh, that's almost a deal-breaker for me. Crappier hardware with built-in obsolescence is another one. I hate, hate, hate that I'm going to have to get used to that Playstation controller again for non-RPG games, but it looks like it's moving that way.

I'll miss my HBO Go streaming, but I guess I can just buy a Roku.[/QUOTE]

That was actually going to be a deal-breaker for me with the PS4, since I assumed you needed the camera for the controllers lightbar to work. Think it was last week where they confirmed that the lightbar will work fine without the camera.

[quote name='Broken Cage']Why can't you just keep streaming on your 360?[/QUOTE]
LOL, you're right. Sometimes it's the most obvious solution that escapes you :)

Of course, I'll have to keep my Live subscription, but I'd probably so that anyway.

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']That gamesindustry article has one of the best quotes I've seen about the reveal:[/QUOTE]

That's a pretty good quote, but I think it's pretty easy to figure out why the 360 was a success. It was the first "next-gen" console that was released, so people will naturally flock to it. Mix in the PS3's poor launch with it's horrendous price point and Microsoft pointing to it's poor sales as to why developers shouldn't go to Sony, and the 360 had no problems starting out this gen other than it's RROD debacle.

As it is, Microsoft isn't going to receive the same luck this gen. They are going to rely on the casual gamer and hardcore Xbox fans to back them. Because as it is, it's not looking very promising for them this gen.

Microsoft also had a far superior online experience (and social experience) for a long time, right when all of that was starting to matter to people.

As a person who had an original Xbox and has 2 Xbox 360s, and a vita, but doesn't have a PS2 or PS3....I am going to wait until Christmas 2014 to decide which one I will get. Both the PS4 and Xbox One had items in their presentation that I am very skeptical about. For PS4, I don't trust the Gakai gaming service to work where we can play lag free games run over their web service instead of over the box, and I don't trust that I will be able to play PS4 games on my vita lag free. For Xbox One, I flat out don't trust the hardware. After 6 months, my original Xbox was getting dirty disc errors on a daily basis, I got 3 red rings of death on my 360, and the Kinect didn't remotely live up to what they promised. So for each system I want to hear from people who have had each of the new systems to see if they lived up to what they promised.

Plus I want to see how the whole used game thing plays out. If they do cut used games sales the way it looks, it will mean the end of the quick discounts we are seeing. The used supply is causing the new games to drop in price quicker. Without used games, we wouldn't be seeing Tomb Raider, Injustice, etc. already costing $30.

If I had to grade the systems only on the reveals, I would give PS4 a B+ and Xbox One a D. PS4 had some features that didn't speak to me, and some things that made me worry, but as a gamer they spoke to me and what I care about. I thought the Xbox had some features that looked neat, but weren't what I carde about. Its nice that I can control tv with my voice and so on, but it isn't what I really care about. I still expect that Xbox will have awesome games, and so will PS4. So it comes down to wanting to see which one actually delivers on the promises they are making. If either system doesn't work they way they are promising right now, they won't give refunds.

Here's a nice smug one from Mattrick:
“If you’re backwards compatible, you’re really backwards,”
Well except for, ya know, like...
2013-05-02_00001_zps6ba692bd.png
:booty:

[quote name='simmias']LOL, you're right. Sometimes it's the most obvious solution that escapes you :)

Of course, I'll have to keep my Live subscription, but I'd probably so that anyway.[/QUOTE]

I could be wrong, but I've got a nagging feeling that there will still be a lot of people on Xbox Live for the 360 even after the Xbox One comes out. That is unless Microsoft pulls some crazy "Shutting down the 360" business, but I have to imagine they're not that ballsy.

Sorry if I missed this, as I haven't read the entire thread, but in regards to the used games and required internet connection: has anyone mentioned or discussed the issue of using the console past its lifespan with these DRM features? I don't buy used games often myself for current consoles, however, I have quite a few consoles I have collected over the years, and a huge back log of games. With the Xbox One scenario, if true, then this would not be possible. I have seen a lot of comments made about maybe skipping this gen and playing the 360 and PS3 for years to come.......this may have been the last gen to do this..... :(

[/QUOTE]

Already answered a page or so back, but I'll go exclusively handheld, and also work on my backlog. If that doesn't keep me busy there's always a cheap Wii or PS3.

[quote name='Viva Las Vegas']Do I really want MS with a full time camera and mic in my house? You can trust them right? I'm going either PS4 or learn to build a Steam box.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='crunchewy']One that that's for sure: unlike with the 360 where we have one downstairs with Kinect and one upstairs in our bedroom without (of course), the One will never set foot in our bedroom. Kinect required? That's not intrusive is it.[/QUOTE]

Not that I've been incredibly impressed with the Xbox One's introduction so far, but you guys realize this can easily be remedied with a scrap of cardboard and a piece of tape right? Just make a little flap to cover the lens, and flip it up when you want to game, and flip it back down when you're done. I realize this doesn't cover the microphone aspect of it, but unless your wife starts screaming "Xbox Onnnnn" in the bedroom, it at least puts some control back in your hands.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Not that I've been incredibly impressed with the Xbox One's introduction so far, but you guys realize this can easily be remedied with a scrap of cardboard and a piece of tape right? Just make a little flap to cover the lens, and flip it up when you want to game, and flip it back down when you're done. I realize this doesn't cover the microphone aspect of it, but unless your wife starts screaming "Xbox Onnnnn" in the bedroom, it at least puts some control back in your hands.[/QUOTE]

Not that I'm entirely dismissing the notion of 'Yo, tape!' but we have no idea what covering-up either the camera or the mic will do when the Kinect is a required aspect of a functioning Xbox One.

It could be just fine all taped up or it could refuse to boot...we just don't know yet. We do know that the Kinect is listening for your specific voice and looking for your specific body in order to log you in but what happens when neither of those is found? Do you sign-in via a controller ala the 360 or does a screen come up saying 'Kinect Sensor Error. Please contact Microsoft at 1-800-4MY-XBOX'?

[quote name='n8rockerasu']but unless your wife starts screaming "Xbox Onnnnn" in the bedroom, it at least puts some control back in your hands.[/QUOTE]

This just put the funniest image in my head. I can imagine the husband's confusion.

"Am I so bad that she wants to play video games? Wait, maybe she's saying I can play video games. Is this a trick? If I pick up that controller, she's going to get mad... But she did say Xbox on..."

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Not that I've been incredibly impressed with the Xbox One's introduction so far, but you guys realize this can easily be remedied with a scrap of cardboard and a piece of tape right? Just make a little flap to cover the lens, and flip it up when you want to game, and flip it back down when you're done. I realize this doesn't cover the microphone aspect of it, but unless your wife starts screaming "Xbox Onnnnn" in the bedroom, it at least puts some control back in your hands.[/QUOTE]

If your wife doesn't scream that, then you're not doing it right.

[quote name='keithp']Already answered a page or so back, but I'll go exclusively handheld, and also work on my backlog. If that doesn't keep me busy there's always a cheap Wii or PS3.[/QUOTE]

I Have no problem with working on my backlog,moving to casual games or playing games on my 3DS, DS or GBA. I think I have enough games already in my possession where I don't have to worry about this. Heck I play Pokemon enough where I could easily live off Pokemon alone for video games and there is usually one pokemon game per year at least.

Overall I am definitely not worried if I don't want a new game console, worse comes to worse I find something else to do but I doubt it will come down to that I have played almost nothing on the PS2 so I have a lot to cover right there and I still have a ton of DS games I want to play not to mention 3DS games and there are a lot of them coming out.

[quote name='Fell Open Ian']Not that I'm entirely dismissing the notion of 'Yo, tape!' but we have no idea what covering-up either the camera or the mic will do when the Kinect is a required aspect of a functioning Xbox One.

It could be just fine all taped up or it could refuse to boot...we just don't know yet. We do know that the Kinect is listening for your specific voice and looking for your specific body in order to log you in but what happens when neither of those is found? Do you sign-in via a controller ala the 360 or does a screen come up saying 'Kinect Sensor Error. Please contact Microsoft at 1-800-4MY-XBOX'?[/QUOTE]

He's saying tape a piece of cardboard that you can easily flip up to unblock the sensor.

[quote name='amb6883']Don't forget the mandatory disc installs! That hard drive is going to fill up fast.[/QUOTE]

Not an issue for me as I always install games now to load faster and run quieter.

I don't replay games so I just delete the game install after I beat the game and sell/trade the disc.

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']That was actually going to be a deal-breaker for me with the PS4, since I assumed you needed the camera for the controllers lightbar to work. Think it was last week where they confirmed that the lightbar will work fine without the camera.[/QUOTE]
The Xbox One controller has a similar, though not as obvious feature:

Enhanced with more than 40 technical and design innovations, the new impulse triggers offer precise haptic fingertip feedback and a newly engineered D-pad delivers greater responsiveness and control. An infrared LED on the front of the controller allows Kinect to automatically recognize you, making it easier to pick up and play
Microsoft doesn't seem to be as OCD about taking pictures of its hardware from every possible angle like Sony does, so I can't seem to find a picture of this LED in any of the press materials.

[quote name='Fell Open Ian']Not that I'm entirely dismissing the notion of 'Yo, tape!' but we have no idea what covering-up either the camera or the mic will do when the Kinect is a required aspect of a functioning Xbox One.

It could be just fine all taped up or it could refuse to boot...we just don't know yet. We do know that the Kinect is listening for your specific voice and looking for your specific body in order to log you in but what happens when neither of those is found? Do you sign-in via a controller ala the 360 or does a screen come up saying 'Kinect Sensor Error. Please contact Microsoft at 1-800-4MY-XBOX'?[/QUOTE]

I said when you're done gaming, cover it up. The impression I got from most people in this thread was an uneasiness in the Kinect's "ability" to watch them at all times (since the system is "always on")...like when they're not thinking about the Xbox and they're getting dressed/making a sandwich/fornicating. If you're uncomfortable with the Kinect looking at you while you're playing a game, I don't know what to tell you. Maybe it only needs to look at you when you log in, and you could flip the cardboard back down after that. I guess you could just start yelling "Xbox...STOP LOOKING AT ME!!!!" and see what happens. :lol:

[quote name='Broken Cage']This just put the funniest image in my head. I can imagine the husband's confusion.

"Am I so bad that she wants to play video games? Wait, maybe she's saying I can play video games. Is this a trick? If I pick up that controller, she's going to get mad... But she did say Xbox on..."[/QUOTE]

LMAO..."but you said you wanted to play ilomilo!!!"

[quote name='pitfallharry219']If your wife doesn't scream that, then you're not doing it right.[/QUOTE]

Fair point.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']
Microsoft doesn't seem to be as OCD about taking pictures of its hardware from every possible angle like Sony does, so I can't seem to find a picture of this LED in any of the press materials.[/QUOTE]

Sony got really badly burned on PS3's initial specs/reveal. The controller, 2 HDMI out ports, etc.

Still, XBone not having any composite/component out is a big blunder IMO. Also, not having any front USB ports.

Steam. It requires a connection to DL or initialize a game, but otherwise offers tremendous value and a reasonable offline mode.

The devil is in the details and thus far Microsoft (and Sony) have been playing it coy which encourages folks to assume the worst.

My broader point about keeping the Kinect taped-up was that, on or off, gaming or not, it is an attack vector for hackers and a privacy concern in general. Remember this is a system which remains on and connected to your network so save unplugging the thing you can't be 100% sure that it isn't listening or watching nor can we know what happens should someone choose to tape it up while they play as it will most certainly be watching and listening then.

I'm less worried about Microsoft watching me watching TV butt-naked than I am about the number of security updates which pop-up for Windows on Tuesdays. Microsoft could very well have every intention of not spying on people but an always watching and always listening device connected to the internet is a prime target for hacking. So yeah, unplug the fucker.;)

[quote name='KingBroly']Sony got really badly burned on PS3's initial specs/reveal. The controller, 2 HDMI out ports, etc.

Still, XBone not having any composite/component out is a big blunder IMO. Also, not having any front USB ports.[/QUOTE]
That doesn't really matter much now with both companies announcing their consoles months before launch rather than over a year early.

They did the same thing with the DualShock 4, as far as a variety of pictures from various angles. Microsoft has the console, Kinect, and controller all on display, so I imagine some outlets went nuts on close-up shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back