Xbox One on the way. DRM removed, more details to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
to be honest i was more excited for the 360 announments then i was for anything on xbox one. only games that i like on xbox one are not even launch titles QB and the game from respawn. 

I guess i'm the only person that feels the price is justified. I always wanted to stream my gaming on twitch and the cost of the capture cards that everyone uses(Elgato, HD PVR2) are in the 140-190 dollar price range(doesn't even include the price for everything else you need). I wouldn't need that anymore with the Xbox One.
I agree. I dont understand why people think $500 is a lot. The PS3 was more then that and the PS3 console itself had nothing but Blu ray. No netflix, no apps, few games, and a terrible online infrastructure. It still sold decent. Both the Xbox One and PS4 wont be barebones feature wise like the previous generation consoles were at launch. I am a little surprised at the 500gb HDD though. For $500 we should be getting a 1TB HDD.

I think the conference was fine but I wont be buying a new console until it can fully replace my old one. And that wont be until I can play Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 on a Xbox One. No way would I buy a Xbox One and keep my 360 around just for that one game. Come on Capcom port it for the Next gen Please :pray:
WTF? You wipe your ass with 100 dollar bills?
Nope. I just understand electronics are expensive and have no problems paying a lot of money for something of value. Out of context that comment make sound crazy but depending on the product I don't think $500 is a lot of money. Would I love for it to be cheaper? Of course but I don't think its overpriced at $500.

Still not sold on the X1 but I decided to go ahead and preorder it anyways just incase. I'm hoping that tonight Sony comes out and says not as strict DRM, no trade/borrow restrictions, no internet connection required and 399 or less price point. If thats the case I will be getting a PS4 instead at launch.
might as well stick to your X1 pre-order cause all of that isn't happening with ps4.

pro order on amazon is no brainer unlike gamestop no downpayment needed and maybe we will have people paying crazy amounts for these systems like last gen. hope tonight pre order are open for ps4 also on amazon

gamestop has x1 release date listing as nov 21's not sure how legit that is but would make sense seeing it's a week before black friday and a week after call of duty release date

Also I just realized. They are doing away with MS points so that's more money out of my pocket!  :bomb:

I just finished using my points from Targets BF where I got 8 1600pt cards for $80.

In the GAF predict price and date thread I picked 499 and Nov 15th for the Xbone and 449 and Oct 29 for the PS4.  Pretty close so far.

pro order on amazon is no brainer unlike gamestop no downpayment needed and maybe we will have people paying crazy amounts for these systems like last gen. hope tonight pre order are open for ps4 also on amazon

I'm sure it will be up for PS4

Sony will come in at 500 or above.

People thinking it will be way lower are nuts and haven't paid any attention to Sony over the last 7 years...

Just gotta say, the one game announced (and fucked up thanks to no sound) that I'd want was the Panzer Dragoon successor. Not dropping $500 for it though.

9ad7d231a57dcffaa99d5f95d8204ef3_XL.jpg
Just gotta say, the one game announced (and fucked up thanks to no sound) that I'd want was the Panzer Dragoon successor. Not dropping $500 for it though.

9ad7d231a57dcffaa99d5f95d8204ef3_XL.jpg
If it wasn't for all their bs with the system I'd be highly tempted to get one for this, Project Spark and Sunset Overdrive. They really do have a solid lineup but nothing I'm dying for.

People thinking it will be way lower are nuts and haven't paid any attention to Sony over the last 7 years...
I seriously doubt it'll be more. If it is Sony is done no matter what they have.

it's nice to see most x1 exlusives are brand new ips only main ip that is not new is halo which is not a launch title. The question i have what games are going to be launch titles most x1 only games they showed was coming out next year. you can't expect someone to pay 500 bucks for a system when most launch titles are 3rd party games and some 1st partys that will be on ps4 and last gen systems and pc.

i predict ps4 between 450-550

E3 2013: Xbox One Premium "Day One" Edition Revealed Those who pre-order can nab a limited edition controller, exclusive DLC, and a bonus achievement.
by Marty Sliva
June 10, 2013

Microsoft released details of a premium "Day One" edition of the Xbox One and its E3 press conference. On the Amazon listing for the console, it's noted that, "Xbox One - Day One Console includes a limited edition controller, token code to unlock Day One achievement, premium packaging, and decal." There will also be exclusive DLC available for select games, including the following.

• Ryse: Son of Rome - Exclusive multiplayer map and sword with bonus attributes.
  • Forza Motorsport 5 - Access to four cars tuned to the top of their class.
  • Kinect Sports Rivals - Exclusive sporting equipment that separates your Champion from the rest of the world.
  • Dead Rising 3 - Exclusive Frank West and Chuck Greene Tribute Packs with bonus attributes.
The premium edition will be available to those who reserve the console at "specific major retailers." It's going to be available in limited quantities, so the only way to guarantee it is by reserving one. Perhaps the most interesting element of this is that the addition of a Day One achievement means that Xbox One will now have system-level rewards available. The fact that these are no longer tied to games opens the floodgates of a myriad of strange opportunities for Achievement-hunters.

-I suppose that's the first party launch line-up? I'm sure DR3 will move some consoles. Ryse not so much. It looked lame.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prepare for ADVERCHIEVEMENTS. Seriously, I'm calling it now. Like buying specially marked Doritos/Mountain Dew will get you gamerscore points.

"Xbox announced that every Xbox Live Gold subscriber will receive two free Xbox 360 games per month until the release of Xbox One.."

just when i thought xbox live gold was worth the money, i re-read this. so we basically get 2 free games only until November. not worth it.

I don't see the issue with the day 1 achievement. I won't really care if I have it or not (I won't - no way at $500). It's fine.

"Xbox announced that every Xbox Live Gold subscriber will receive two free Xbox 360 games per month until the release of Xbox One.."

just when i thought xbox live gold was worth the money, i re-read this. so we basically get 2 free games only until November. not worth it.
No, you get them forever. Well, maybe only if you have gold. That part is not clear, but they didn't mean that you lose access come November.

I can bet that is to get people to up their gold membership for another year so they are already locked in when they buy an Xbox One. Then when next year rolls around they are practically forced to buy another one.

The cags who even think of buying this need to leave the site. They arent true cags. True cags want the games as cheap as possible and xbox and ps3 drm bullcrap goes against everything we stand for.

Dont fall for the hype people. Who cares what ps4 is priced at. Stand firm. Send a message with your dollars.

Prepare for ADVERCHIEVEMENTS. Seriously, I'm calling it now. Like buying specially marked Doritos/Mountain Dew will get you gamerscore points.

That's the first thing I thought of. They probably will have them for every limited edition X1 too.

I had a feeling it would be $500 and I'm okay with it. I'm not buying it, but this was better than PS3's inital $599 price and it does come with Kinect. For those against the price, would you buy it if the console was backwards compatible?
Yeah, I feel the same way. I was totally expecting $500 for both systems. Take away all the DRM nonsense and simply looking at the tech involved here and $500 is a reasonable price - especially if they aren't subsidizing the price like they did with the 360. $400 vs $500 is not that big of a difference when you consider this is something you will be using for several years.

But., sure, I get that it is a little kick in the nuts in combination with all the DRM issues and whatnot. But it is the latter stuff that will probably keep me from getting a launch system more so than the price. If Sony comes in at $500 (which I fully expect) but allows used game sales then I'll probably get a PS4. Though to be honest, I'm considering sitting back on both. I didn't get either the 360 or PS3 at launch. Waiting a bit not only means a cheaper price and/or bundle but a decent library of games with many of those available for less than $60 at that point (and, more importantly than the price of the console, it is the ongoing price of the games that will affect your wallet). Though I do worry about what the lack of resale value will do to new game price drops - ie., we may see far fewer sales/deals on new games without the price pressure of used game sales. That remains to be seen of course...

Biggest shock of the day was M$ losing Timbo
Indeed. That should be the lead news story coming out of this ;)

Amazon doesn't charge until they ship right? considering a pre-order...
Yeah, but if you have credit there, as I do, they suck it all up immediately. So Amazon is out of the question for me (for this or the PS4) since they will drain all the credit I have for the preorder and I won't be able to use it on other stuff. At GS I only have to put $50 (of my credit) down. I'm hoping I can get a PS4 preorder in at GS no problem - though I might do both systems just in case things change.

I don't see the issue with the day 1 achievement. I won't really care if I have it or not (I won't - no way at $500). It's fine.

No, you get them forever. Well, maybe only if you have gold. That part is not clear, but they didn't mean that you lose access come November.
ah okay. yeah that's pretty unclear and vague wording. here's to hoping we get better games after ac2 and halo3!

Amazon doesn't charge until they ship right? considering a pre-order...
Yeah, but if you have credit there, as I do, they suck it all up immediately. So Amazon is out of the question for me (for this or the PS4) since they will drain all the credit I have for the preorder and I won't be able to use it on other stuff. At GS I only have to put $50 (of my credit) down. I'm hoping I can get a PS4 preorder in at GS no problem - though I might do both systems just in case things change.
You can change the billing in checkout and select for your credit not to be used.

The new quote feature makes everything harder to see.

The cags who even think of buying this need to leave the site. They arent true cags. True cags want the games as cheap as possible and xbox and ps3 drm bullcrap goes against everything we stand for.

Dont fall for the hype people. Who cares what ps4 is priced at. Stand firm. Send a message with your dollars.
video games is a hobby for me just like any hobby it's only going to get more expensive

Hey, I don't have a problem with this as I wasn't expecting this at all. Is Fable III the first one of these, then, or was that just a mistake?

My only source for what MS said, so far, has been this thread so I'm only getting bits and pieces of info ;).

They can change that price at anytime and often times bundles have savings. Proves nothing at this point.

The whole MS showcase doesn't make me eager & enthusiastic for the Xbox One, just sad & disappointed.  The Dead Rising exclusive in particular.  DR1 is the game that got me to buy a 360 as early as I did, but as it stands no amount of exclusives is going to get me to even consider getting one let one buy one.

Actually if you go into the before finalizing screen and select change under "Payment Information" you can uncheck use available giftcard balance. That's what i've done before. Just verified it on another I placed as well. Trying to get a picture.

They can change that price at anytime and often times bundles have savings. Proves nothing at this point.
i just called gamestop and games are going to be 60 dollers their systems updated from 99.99 to 60

did they say what systems sw bf3 will be on?

i would love it if sw bf3 was on show floor would love to play it next couple days

Actually if you go into the before finalizing screen and select change under "Payment Information" you can uncheck use available giftcard balance. That's what i've done before. Just verified it on another I placed as well. Trying to get a picture.
Ah, OK. Well, I've only ever done it for games and I don't mind, usually, if that money gets deducted. But, for instance, I have had The Last Guardian fully paid for going on like 4 years now ;).

I'll still probably just do it at GS if I can get in there tomorrow and preorder both systems (deciding later if I want one or the other or neither).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back