XBox One X Discussion - Now available

Not saying that he's incorrect, but Geoff wasn't at the Microsoft rehearsal. The rehearsal he was referring to was his own show, YouTube Live @ E3.

500 bucks is what I expected. Was disappointing to see people being attention whores and "leaking" lower prices since it built up unrealistic expectations. That said, you can't do a premium console at a bargain basement price or you end up with the PS4 Pro.

Not sure I'm buying day 1, but will definitely buy at some point.

Offical names is Xbox One X.
Good news everyone. It's time for an upgrade.

225px-1-X.jpg

Lol, is what I think of everytime I read Xbox One X.

An impressive console, liquid cooling too, wow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny enough they can't actually sell preorders yet because the FCC hasn't approved the console.

sujl6HD.png

The name (XBox One X) is terrible. Thankfully, names don't matter nearly as much as people tend to think they do, so this is a more minor point. Having a mildly confusing name that is difficult to market won't necessarily hurt the system's chances.

What will hurt is the price tag, which is $500 USD. That's a decent chunk of change. To be fair, everyone with realistic expectations saw this coming a mile off, and probably weren't surprised by this announcement. $500 is right in line with what I was expecting for the 1X. But more expensive, and more expensive than the competition, are part of what's been holding the XBox One back from the beginning. The PS4 Pro also provides 4K gaming and UHD, and costs $100 less.

All of this is somewhat mitigated by the future-facing nature of the console. Most people don't even have 4K screens yet, and aren't in a hurry to go out and get one. The 1X is designed to sell better in the future, when it's assets can be better taken advantage of by consumers. Unfortunately, the X1 doesn't exist in a vacuum, and has to worry about cheaper alternatives, both now and in the future.

I don't particularly like the 1X's chances. What I do like is the volume of games Microsoft was showing off in their presentation. What they really need to be pushing and promoting now is not the 1X, but the 1S. And a sizeable helping of quality games can help with that. I only worry that not enough of those titles were true exclusives. (not coming to PC as well, or at least not exclusively to Games for Windows)

I don't think it's going to be flying off the shelves by any means (at least, after the first 2 weeks or whatever every console has happen). 500 bucks just sealed that.

However, I'm more than happy to pay an extra 50-100 bucks than what people would "prefer" if it means that I'm getting a console that is a true step up and not a half-hearted half-step like the PS4 Pro was.

Of course none of that price stuff would matter as much if X1 had a ton of strong games, which is still the biggest hole they're in. I liked the quantity of games on Sunday, but the quality behind them will probably be a mixed bag. If they can get that corrected by this time next year, Scorp...fuck. X1X should be in great shape for the next 3-4 years.

I'm kinda super excited that this console will be able to play all Xbox games... that's pretty dope. 

I'm still holding out hope Sony will one day add that feature to the PS4 but I know they won't since the PS4 is selling like hotcakes. 

I don't think it's going to be flying off the shelves by any means (at least, after the first 2 weeks or whatever every console has happen). 500 bucks just sealed that.

However, I'm more than happy to pay an extra 50-100 bucks than what people would "prefer" if it means that I'm getting a console that is a true step up and not a half-hearted half-step like the PS4 Pro was.

Of course none of that price stuff would matter as much if X1 had a ton of strong games, which is still the biggest hole they're in. I liked the quantity of games on Sunday, but the quality behind them will probably be a mixed bag. If they can get that corrected by this time next year, Scorp... fuck. X1X should be in great shape for the next 3-4 years.
I agree with a lot of what you say. I don't think the X1X or whatever we'll call it is meant to a be a budget-conscious Xbox buyer's choice. For that they'll have the Xbox One S, which is currently discounted and you can get they will get very aggressive with bundles and deal this holiday season. I think the X1X is an 'enthusiast' or 'hardcore' device for consumers who like to be on the bleeding edge. Just my two cents.

I agree with a lot of what you say. I don't think the X1X or whatever we'll call it is meant to a be a budget-conscious Xbox buyer's choice. For that they'll have the Xbox One S, which is currently discounted and you can get they will get very aggressive with bundles and deal this holiday season. I think the X1X is an 'enthusiast' or 'hardcore' device for consumers who like to be on the bleeding edge. Just my two cents.
That is exactly what it is. It is pretty much an "Elite" Console. Step up from the One S. Just like how the Xbox One Elite controller is. It is marketed to the hardcore gamers.

What I do like is the volume of games Microsoft was showing off in their presentation.
that were almost all "launch console exclusive" aka, timed exclusive coming to ps4 and/or switch later down the line. no new real in house 1st party exclusives announced. i laughed every time the announce would go EEEXXCCLLUUSSSIIIVVVVEE then have it just be timed.

I'm kinda super excited that this console will be able to play all Xbox games... that's pretty dope.
I agree, that is huge. I can't believe they pulled it off. The kicker is lol once you start playing 4k enhanced games will you want to go back to those OG graphics. It'll be like going back and trying to play N64 games. If they put Rallisport Challenge 2 BC, I'm not gonna lie I'll be downloading that from my retail version which I still have.

that were almost all "launch console exclusive" aka, timed exclusive coming to ps4 and/or switch later down the line. no new real in house 1st party exclusives announced. i laughed every time the announce would go EEEXXCCLLUUSSSIIIVVVVEE then have it just be timed.
Let's be honest Timed exclusives are the new exclusives these days. Devs don't want to limit themselves on one platform, esp when there are so many people gaming on all the others.

Also

You must have missed 1st party exclusives:

Crackdown 3

Super Lucky's Tale

State of Decay 2

Forza Motorsport 7

Sea of Thieves

But seriously it's not a next gen system, it's a mid cycle refresh system, so having an exclusive game for just that system, which would ignore the rest of the Xbox family, is not what Microsoft wants to do (and would be bad for gamers, alienating all those who have a Xbox One in their home).

Just love it when someone gives others options and there's this one guy who's like why would you want to do that, I only drive a Prius!

71bf4186f2fd86fe7990f814bb956dd6d77d68ee46e6de9d981f02268d87422f.jpg

Also

Crackdown 3

Super Lucky's Tale

State of Decay 2

Forza Motorsport 7

Sea of Thieves
Crackdown, Forza, and Sea of Thieves are first-party. But Super Lucky's Tale and State of Decay 2 are not. First-party is a studio or intellectual property that Microsoft themselves own. Those two titles aren't under Microsoft's thumb, and could easily show up on other platforms. This is part of what people are pointing out about "exclusives." Microsoft was playing a little fast and loose with the term in a bid to make their platform seem more relevant.

The PS4 has enjoyed a much greater number of console exclusives, largely due to its stronger Japanese ties, and the number of games from that region that never come to the Xbox One. Most Western-developed games tend to be cross-platform these days. The market is too fragmented, and the hardware is similar enough that most developers just automatically go in that direction. It's one of the biggest reasons that Sony was able to score a coup over Microsoft with the launch of the PS4.

Lesbihonest, what kind of quality 4K gaming PC could be had for $500? The price is what I'd expect, except I was thinking this would be a new generation not a 3rd iteration.

Crackdown, Forza, and Sea of Thieves are first-party. But Super Lucky's Tale and State of Decay 2 are not. First-party is a studio or intellectual property that Microsoft themselves own.
All those titles are being published by Microsoft Studios. Not much is known about Super Lucky's Tale (as it's newly announced and from a new Dev), although I discovered that it started out as a VR project. I believe it's more like a Microsoft Studios game, they're publishing the game from unknown dev Playful. State of Decay 2 is a first-party in the sense of your definition. The studio, Undead Labs, are owned by Microsoft, they picked up the studio, after they launched the original State of Decay that came out on the Xbox 360's XBLA.

Also, someone over on the XBL Deals thread, where Xbox One X is being discussed as well, shared this video and is a good interview with Albert Penello.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8p_FmpWFwmU

Let's be honest Timed exclusives are the new exclusives these days. Devs don't want to limit themselves on one platform, esp when there are so many people gaming on all the others.

Also

Crackdown 3

Super Lucky's Tale

State of Decay 2

Forza Motorsport 7

Sea of Thieves

But seriously it's not a next gen system, it's a mid cycle refresh system, so having an exclusive game for just that system, which would ignore the rest of the Xbox family, is not what Microsoft wants to do (and would be bad for gamers, alienating all those who have a Xbox One in their home).

Just love it when someone gives others options and there's this one guy who's like why would you want to do that, I only drive a Prius!
timed exclusives are NOT the new exclusives. give me a break. nintendo has no timed exclusives, sony has a few but no where near the amount microsoft has.

and i didnt miss those exclusive games you mentioned. i know about them. all but one was mentioned last e3 and e3 previous to last years. i just laugh when phil is up there going WE GOT 22 EXCLUSIVES FOR MICROSOFT!! no, you dont phil. you got 6 (you forgot cuphead in your list). so to the uninformed gamer, and lets be honest, theres lots of them, they are gonna think all those "console launch exclusives" are actually real exclusives when they in fact are not. thats just verbal gymnastics on spencers part to make it look like they have exclusives cuz everyone harps on them for barely having any.

also where did i say anything about having a exclusive just for one system? oh right, i didnt. i know a microsoft exclusive includes xb1, xb1s, xb1x and windows 10 store. they said x1x will never have an exclusive that doesnt run on the older x1s but i highly doubt they will stick to that.

timed exclusives are NOT the new exclusives. give me a break. nintendo has no timed exclusives...
Um yeah Nintendo does not have timed exclusives like the other big publisher & hardware manufacturers and it's not a positive reason. Timed exclusives are the way things have progressed towards. Gaming is now widely adopted often times if you generate revenue from just one console without acknowledging the rest of the market you're not going to be successful. Nintendo has plenty of money from the video game boom of the 80s so they do whatever the f they want to do.

The Nintendo press conference was a mild relief that I could still blow $500 this year on the XBox X. The Switch has some killer games out for sure, but since I already own a Wii U I got 2 out of their 3 (most likely) best titles already experienced (Zelda and Mario Kart) ... so go me.

I'm obviously just waiting on the pre-order flood gates to open. Really curious if the scalpers will dry up the stocks despite being $500.

I'm also curious how much they can make games like Crimson Skies and Fuzion Frenzy look, not to mention the load times! Phantom Dust looked pretty decent on my S and the load times were non-existent.

Phil will be on the Giant Bomb night show tonight...they usually do a good job of getting at least a couple of things out of him that other interviews don't.

Starts at 6:30 PST / 9:30 EST.

FYI

All The Xbox One X Scorpio 4K Games Confirmed At E3

• Ark: Survival Evolved
  • Ashen
  • Assassin's Creed: Origins
  • Astroneer
  • Black Desert
  • Chess Ultra
  • Crackdown 3
  • Dead Rising 4
  • Deep Rock Galactic
  • Doom
  • Dishonored 2
  • Everspace
  • Fallout 4
  • Farming Simulator 17
  • Final Fantasy XV
  • For Honor
  • Forza Horizon 3
  • Forza Motorsport 7
  • Gears of War 4
  • Ghost Recon: Wildlands
  • Halo Wars 2
  • Hello Neighbor
  • Hitman
  • Homefront: The Revolution
  • Injustice 2
  • Killer Instinct
  • Madden NFL 18
  • Mantis Burn Racing
  • Metro: Exodus
  • Middle-earth: Shadow of War
  • Minecraft
  • Need For Speed: Payback
  • Outlast 2
  • Paladins
  • Playerunknown's Battlegrounds
  • Portal Knights
  • Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
  • Rime
  • Rocket League
  • Sea of Thieves
  • Slime Rancher
  • State of Decay 2
  • Super Lucky's Tale
  • Superhot
  • The Artful Escape
  • The Elder Scrolls Online
  • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  • The Last Night
  • The Surge
  • The Witcher III: Wild Hunt
  • Titanfall 2
  • Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide
  • We Happy Few

The launch lineup is pretty weak for the One X, but I'll have faith MS will get the ball rolling in years 2 and 3.  Expecting really big things from them.

Its not a new system launch so there really isn't a "launch lineup" At least there is a good amount of games getting some form of upgrade.

The way they're marketing it makes it seem so.  I can't tell the difference because I don't have a 4K set, but none of the games jumped out to me graphically.  

Third party games will most likely be somewhere around 4K 30fps as first party games will be 4K 60fps. We know that Forza is 4k @ 60fps. I also recommend watching some Digital Foundry videos, the one about Assassin's Creed: Origins with its 900P engine upscaled to 4K & Destiny 2 running at 30 fps on PS4 Pro & Xbox One X due to intensive CPU usage.

Here's a good interview with Phil Spenser about the Xbox One X:
https://youtu.be/q7nH9-H4YE8

Just know when you say 4k for 3rd party it's not native 4k.

They are using checkerboard rendering to get to 4k like the pro does.

It still looks great and I'm not even sure you can tell the difference.

Forza is confirmed native 4k as I'm not shocked since it's easier to achieve that in a racing game. GT Sport is also native 4k/60 fps.

I'm sure stuff like rocket league and skyrim are native 4k as well since they hit those on pro.

The only thing I'm not too happy about is there's a trade off between resolution and frame rate. I'll rather have 4K/30FPS than vice versa, but of course 4K/60FPS would be great.

Just don't think the games announced this E3 were developed with the One X(or even the PS4 Pro) in mind first.

The only thing I'm not too happy about is there's a trade off between resolution and frame rate. I'll rather have 4K/30FPS than vice versa, but of course 4K/60FPS would be great.

Just don't think the games announced this E3 were developed with the One X(or even the PS4 Pro) in mind first.
The games are developed for all the different platforms. If the game is developed for PC though then more than likely they will be working with 4K assets. It's been said by many developers that it didn't take long to port over their PC game with 4K assets into the Scorpio engine. So yeah some of them are developing it for the Xbox One X and PS4 Pro via developing for high end PC pipelines.

I won't know until I have a 4K set in front of me, but just going off the YouTube videos, none of the games really wowed me.  AC: Origins looked like a last gen game.

^ Yeah it's not gonna be a huge difference but it'll be noticeable looking at the regular version compared to the enhanced one. This is often the case of playing a game on PC with Medium or HIgh settings to Ultra. PC games are good for scalability, mainly due to having such a drastic range of platforms out there. The Xbox family will be a vastly smaller range but they'll most likely have the games scalable to each proper platform.

Youtube E3 Xbox One w/ Albert Penello talking about the improvements for Xbox One X over OG One & One S.

Digital Foundry Assassin's Creed 4K Technical Breakdown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8oPvbpVGP0

Digital Foundry's talk on Anthem too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3E5L2sOvNI&t=19s

Geeky video regarding some benchmarks. The info is a couple of months old so performance has probably improved since then (but the numbers shown here are still pretty impressive)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_7iD9wjdCE

Taco Bell is going to start up their win a console promotion again, this time for the X1X. Will start at the end of this month.

Funny how times change.
Especially because the 360 and even the original Xbox had Taco Bell promotions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYE2wn4AL0w

I remember being happy that a Shadowy Men on a Shadowy Planet song was used as Taco Bell's theme for a couple of years during and after the XBox launch.

Anyway, it looks like we may get a Day One Edition-type variant for the X. "Project Scorpio Edition," if this is right.

https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/circuitbreaker/2017/8/18/16169976/xbox-one-x-project-scorpio-leak-console-microsoft

4Z0Eu0K.jpg

Supposedly will have pre-order info in the next couple of days.

Gamestop Trade-In prices for X

Promotion: November 7-19

--Switch - $200

--PS4 Pro - $200

--Xbox One S - $150

--PS4, original or slim - $150

--Xbox One original - $100

Before I hit up eBay to look, are original Xbox Ones going for more than $100 on there or am I better off just taking this $100 deal? Definitely want the X if it matters and while I'm not usually a person to go for a launch version, want to get that trade-in toward it since the window is limited.

EDIT: Looks like I can get more at the moment but I have no plans to sell this until the X releases since I'm still using it. Looks like I could maybe get another 30-40 bucks after shipping and fees with what they're going for at the moment rather than the $100 trade but might just do the trade to be done with it.

I looked and I could get $127 for a 500GB Xbox One but I have the Titanfall Bundle, which not only comes with the game but with the Kinect as well, only trading in at $109?

LOL, what's up with that?

Yeah pre-ordered from Amazon. Also have FM7 Ultimate pre-ordered but I got in on their $80 for Ultimate Edition E3 glitch thing.

Also pretty neat that Recore DE will have an update for 4K/HDR assets for free for existing players for the One X.

Official Enhanced Title's List Here: https://majornelson.com/blog/xbox-one-x-enhanced/

bread's done
Back