XBox One X Discussion - Now available

Contrary to my previous report NBA Live 18 is getting a X patch and should be out now.

No movement on MGS5 or any other new 4k patch news.

I saw a few people on ResetEra mention Turing Test but seems like misinformation. Game is quite old, went GWG. Don't see much money there unless MS went out of there way or a "dedicated" employee kinda like the Quantum Break patch

Edit: As of 11/6 can also remove elite dangerous from my list. Getting a patch tomorrow. 4k native.

Last edited by a moderator:
IT'S AFTER MIDNIGHT. GO FORTH AND X.

Waiting for mine since it's coming from Amazon today, but went with a friend to Best Buy to pick his up. No freebies. Sad foghorn sound.

Watched the Launch event at the Microsoft Store in NYC, man they're really hyping up this system. It is really impressive what they did but when you're watching it over 6 months or so it's all information you already know. A few fans that lined up at that store got in on a free TV from Samsung, I mean that's hashtag swag right there. It's too bad my internet isn't playing ball, no way I could even attempt to download all those 4K updates. Have fun everyone.

For those of you that already have the X, does the YouTube app display 4K video?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Doubtful. The One S app wasn't 4K.

The Xbox YouTube app is really behind the times technologically. No 4K, no 60 fps. Don't know who's to blame there, but they suck.

Doubtful. The One S app wasn't 4K.

The Xbox YouTube app is really behind the times technologically. No 4K, no 60 fps. Don't know who's to blame there, but they suck.
Every time this is mentioned people seem to say it's Google / YouTube's fault because they have some vendetta against Microsoft. Not sure if that's true or not, but it would make sense dating back to issues they had over the time Microsoft made a YouTube app that was far superior to the official one for Windows phones. Really pissed Google off. Led to legal threats of some kind.

On the X1, check out the MyTube app. I believe that does some stuff the official one does not (4k, etc).

Some videos showing the power difference the X can offer even to unpatched games. Looking better with AF, better performance and of course if resolution is dynamic you will hit 1080p

Hydro Thunder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWmGs84atNg

Cities Skylines

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLNYd-eqQx0

Battlefield 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpik7bhRLMk

I went through the list again on resetera and compared games. I've re-adjusted the PRO vs X list of games.

UPDATED on 8/4

Games on PS4 Pro with support but not X yet (42 games):
20XX (4k on PS4 Pro 1080 on X. Need confirmation of this)
ABZU [1350p extra 5-10fps]
Assassin's Creed Syndicate [1620p]
AC The Ezio Collection [4k]
Battleborn [4k mode]
Call of Duty: Black Ops III [Dynamic 4k Checkerboard]
COD Modern Warfare Remastered [Dynamic 4k]
Darksouls 3 [Unlocked FPS which generally stays near 50fps]
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided [Dynamic 4k]
Dirt 4 [Slightly better shadows and reflectons]
Dragon´s Dogma: Dark Arisen [1440p Last game to release with a Pro patch but no X patch that is multiplatform]
Dreamfall Chapters [1440p]
Don Bradman Cricket 17 [60fps]
Don't Knock Twice [Better effects]
FIFA 17 [4k, better DOF and grass]
Get Even [4k?]
Human Fall Flat [4k on PS4 Pro]
Little Nightmares [1620p and 50-60fps vs the standard 30fps]
Mass Effect: Andromeda [1800p CB]
Middle of Earth: Shadow of Mordor [Dynamic 4k]
Moto GP 17 [HDR]
Mount an Blade [1800p 60fps]
MGS5 [1440p]
NBA 2k17 [4k]
Race the Sun [4k]
PES Soccer 2017 [4k]
Sine Mora EX [4k]
Shadow Tactics (Says 60fps on PS4 Pro. Can X reach this? Need to test)
Sniper Elite 4 [Better effects]
Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 [HDR]
Skyforge [Better effects]
Tekken 7 [1080p and better effects]
Trove [Can someone test this? Might be same on X. Better frame rate]
Torment: Tides of Numenera [Better effects]
This is the Police [4k]
Trackmania Turbo [Dynamic 1620p]
Van Helsing [Two modes. 4k is 30-50fps. 1620p is 45-60fps]
Van Helsing 2 [Two modes. 4k is 30fps. 1620p is 45-55fps]
Victor Vran [Dynamic 1620p]
Viking Wolves of Midgard [Better effects]
Verdrun
Watch Dogs 2 [4k CB]
The Witness [Lots of different modes. Two with 60fps, 4k is 30fps]

Potentially not X enhanced but for PS4 Pro: Rogue Trooper Redeux

The list has gotten smaller thanks to the power of the X. It may seem bigger but only because I forgot a few indie titles. Keep in mind some games with "better effects" might be barely better looking on the PRO but they are still better looking. That's why I left them there atm.

You also have to factor in some sports games came out when the Pro was out but not the X. So games like FIFA17 look better but FIFA18 are better on the X.

There are still some heavy hitters left that are only PS4 Pro like COD BLOPS3, MW1 Remastered, Deus EX, Mass Effect, The Witness but generally the list has gotten smaller. I have read they do not plan on patching Deus Ex. The Mass Effect team is basically a skeleton crew and Square-Enix has stated Deus EX will not receive anymore updates. Not sure what the rationale behind the lack of COD updates is though.

https://twitter.com/XboxSupport/status/931583041285210112

Interesting, it seems the X is meant to be plugged directly into the wall, not a surge protector.

That was supposedly the case with the prior X1s as well. I had my old X1 on a power strip (not a surge protector) a couple years ago and didn't see any issues, although now I do have my X1X directly in the wall.

Would anybody know what the best deal I could get on a new X in the US?
Keep an eye here - https://www.reddit.com/r/GreatXboxDeals/

Or, obviously the deal thread in the main forum and the CAG Twitter - https://twitter.com/videogamedeals

Right this second, there's a 50 bucks off thing on newegg with code EMCPSEU34

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16868105193&Tpk=N82E16868105193&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-CAG-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=1312731&SID=

That isn't an incredible deal but it's ok. I'd probably wait, there have been offers that bundle games and cost less total than that.

Finally jumped in on the X now that I was able to find one for a decent price ($410 shipped with Sea of Thieves and Overwatch GOTY).  will be out for delivery tomorrow, but I work so I probably won't be able to get it until Saturday morning before work.  I'm excited to get it, even though I really didn't need it at all considering I already have a One S and a gaming PC with a 980ti.  At least I should be able to delete F7 off my SSD so I will have more room for PC games, I doubt it looks much better on the PC since the X version runs at 4k/60fps, plus I don't have to worry about using the damn wired controller that I have to use with my PC since it just decided not to work wireless anymore.

Anyway, what games are the biggest head turners that are not also on PC?

Bulletstorm is now "coming soon" for X enhanced. RE7 is finally X enhanced.

I've updated my post above to reflect new additions. The PS4 Pro List exclusives are getting a bit smaller but the list is still big.

Now just waiting on Doom, Darksiders 1+2, Rocket League and a surprise X enhancement announcement like MGS5.

Doom came out a few days ago.
Looks like you were clairvoyant since Darksiders on 360 is now X1X enhanced.

One of these days when I'm actually on my PC I'll probably add your post above to the OP, or at least link to it.

Darksiders 360 yes but I am waiting for the X1 versions which will eventually be enhanced.

Also we got Superhot GWG but the X patch is still a work in progress.

Right now my biggest three wants that haven't been announced are MGS5, COD Modern Warfare 1 remastered and Ryse.

Big update: Battlefield 1 X patch supposedly dropping tomorrow.

I also forgot to remove Prey so I did that.

Now MS just needs to talk to Activision and get BLOPS3 and MW1 Remastered done.

There's still hope for MGS5 considering MGS Survival launched with X enhancements and they are still doing content updates, but I feel it's a pipe dream at this moment.

Tekken 7 has a slight chance because of the rumored second season pass. I believe it also uses the same engine as Soul Calibur so theres a chance.

If anyone is aware of any third party games that got Pro enhancements but not X enhancements since March please let me know. I've done through research up to around mid March.

That was supposedly the case with the prior X1s as well. I had my old X1 on a power strip (not a surge protector) a couple years ago and didn't see any issues, although now I do have my X1X directly in the wall.
It made a way bigger difference on the S, depending on what kind of actual power draw you were getting

How much of an influence does Nadella have on the current Xbox regime?
As much as he wants, although it seems like he's letting Phil run the show for the most part.

He seems to be pretty invested in the Xbox brand though. Before the Nadella/Spencer combo there was a lot of talk about MS wanting to get rid of the Xbox/gaming division.

I'm in fear it's still a real reality for Microsoft, but what large corporation is going to take it on, if any...

Google. At least in the "streaming games as a service" category. Seems like they're pretty safe in the home console space, though.

It's been awhile since I updated the list. Please let me know if any of these games are actually X enhanced.

ABZU and Bulletstorm were removed from the coming soon section on majornelson's X enhanced games.

The list got a little smaller since I left.

PS4 Proenhanced but not X enhanced list:

ABZU [1350p extra 5-10fps]
Assassin's Creed Syndicate [1620p]
AC The Ezio Collection [4k]
Battleborn [4k mode]
Bulletstorm [4k]
Call of Duty: Black Ops III [Dynamic 4k Checkerboard]
COD Modern Warfare Remastered [Dynamic 4k]
Darksouls 3 [Unlocked FPS which generally stays near 50fps]
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided [Dynamic 4k]
Dirt 4 [Slightly better shadows and reflectons]
Dragon´s Dogma: Dark Arisen [1440p Last game to release with a Pro patch but no X patch that is multiplatform]
Dreamfall Chapters [1440p]
Don Bradman Cricket 17 [60fps]
FIFA 17 [4k, better DOF and grass]
Get Even [4k?]
Little Nightmares [1620p and 50-60fps vs the standard 30fps]
Middle of Earth: Shadow of Mordor [Dynamic 4k]
Mount an Blade [1800p 60fps]
MGS5 [1440p]
NBA 2k17 [4k]
Race the Sun [4k]
PES Soccer 2017 [4k]
Sine Mora EX [4k]
Shadow Tactics (Says 60fps on PS4 Pro. Can X reach this? Need to test)
Sniper Elite 4 [Better effects]
Skyforge [Better effects]
Tekken 7 [1080p and better effects]
Trove [Can someone test this? Might be same on X. Better frame rate]
Torment: Tides of Numenera [Better effects]
This is the Police [4k]
Trackmania Turbo [Dynamic 1620p]
Van Helsing [Two modes. 4k is 30-50fps. 1620p is 45-60fps]
Van Helsing 2 [Two modes. 4k is 30fps. 1620p is 45-55fps]
Victor Vran [Dynamic 1620p]
Viking Wolves of Midgard [Better effects]
Watch Dogs 2 [4k CB]
The Witness [Lots of different modes. Two with 60fps, 4k is 30fps]

Really enjoying my x can’t wait to see tomorrow’s press conference hoping for new console reveal and some infinite gameplay

bread's done
Back