XBox One X Discussion - Now available

I mean, all Xbox One X updates to games should be free anyways.
why? is what i said wrong?
Yeah, they're not charging anything for an upgraded edition or limiting certain Xbox (even PC here too) gamers out because they don't have the premium system. Everyone gets to play the game no matter if you have the OG Xbox One, Xbox One S or Xbox One X. Everybody can play the games they already have with no extra charge as well as all of them playing better on Xbox One X.

But you just go oh well it should be free though.

Yeah, they're not charging anything for an upgraded edition or limiting certain Xbox (even PC here too) gamers out because they don't have the premium system. Everyone gets to play the game no matter if you have the OG Xbox One, Xbox One S or Xbox One X. Everybody can play the games they already have with no extra charge as well as all of them playing better on Xbox One X.

But you just go oh well it should be free though.
Yes. They should be. Sony doesn't charge for ps4 pro patches. Why should Microsoft?

If they tried to charge for Xbox One X patches, that would be a terrible business decision.

While Nintendo is releasing full price games that were on their last gen console so yeah if you owned the game previously you have to shell out again.

I posted this in the xbox weekly sale thread but I'm gonna post this here. These are games not listed by Major Nelson that one point were confirmed by a developer and/or somehow speculated they would get X treatment.

Agents of Mayhem
Battlefield 1
Cuphead
DOOM
Ginger: Beyond The Crystal
Gwent: The Witcher Card Game
Observer
Pure Chess
Tacoma
Mass Effect: Andromeda ***Wikipedia only lists HDR, which it already has.
Deus Ex ***Wikipedia only lists HDR, which it already has.
NBA 2K17 ***Wikipedia only lists HDR, which it already has.
Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 ***Wikipedia only lists HDR, which it already has.
Sunset Overdrive ***Referencing a petition that went around twitter. This is not happening ATM.
The Evil Within 2 ***Is still listed on bethesda's website and was previously on Major Nelson's list***
Rise of the Tomb Raider ***Posted by Square-Enix themselves and MS yet not on the list lol***

The following games have PRO patches on the PS4 Pro but are not yet confirmed to be getting XBox X treatment.

Games on PS4 Pro with support but not X yet:
Assassin's Creed Syndicate
AC The Ezio Collection
Batman Return to Arkham
Battleborn (there is a option on the menu for higher resolution or better FPS. I guess the X would make it look better but need a patch for 4k?
Battlefield 1
Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition
Call of Duty Infinite Warfare
COD Modern Warfare Remastered
Darksiders: Warmastered Edition
Darksouls 3
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Dirt 4
Fortnite
Mass Effect: Andromeda
Middle of Earth: Shadow of Mordor (first one. Native 4k 30fps on PS4 Pro.)
NBA 2k17 (2k18 is enhanced on X)
Overwatch
Prey
PES Soccer 2017 (2018 is enhanced on X)
Sine Mora EX
Snake Pass
Tekken 7 (Was rumored for X/shown at E3? But no real confirmations that I can see)
Trackmania Turbo
Van Helsing
Van Helsing 2
Viking Wolves of Midgard
Watch Dogs 2
What Remains of Edith Finch

Last edited by a moderator:
While Nintendo is releasing full price games that were on their last gen console so yeah if you owned the game previously you have to shell out again.
You do realize the Xbox one X is not a new console gen right? Last I checked you can't play your Wii u games on the switch.

Yeah, that would not be a good business move. The XBoneX is already going to be a hard sell. The last thing they need is exclusive content that you have to pay extra for. The install base is going to be low enough initially that no one would be happy about gating on that level.

For the time being, the XBoneX is going to be an optional upgrade. Best just to get used to that idea.

SUPERHOT was added to the list by Major Nelson either today or yesterday. Double checked the list and noticed he added it. Hopefully more titles soon.

Edit: I removed Farming Simulator 18 because FM17 is getting the X treatment so one would assume 18 will as well when out. because, Why the heck wouldn't it?

I was wondering if there's a forum discussing pre order availability.
I can't get use to the forum search to ever get the discussions I'm looking for, even ones I've been reading and closed down and try to find again.

I was wondering if there's a forum discussing pre order availability.
I can't get use to the forum search to ever get the discussions I'm looking for, even ones I've been reading and closed down and try to find again.
Look over on this thread,

but I believe pre-orders for the Project Scorpio Edition went fast. They'll announce pre-orders for the Standard Edition next month.

I personally feel like PS4 Pro vs PS4 is a joke, not worth the extra money. I really don't see this being much different.
Considering the X1 is less powerful than the PS4 (in an overall general sense), and the X1X is noticably more powerful than the Pro, there's a much bigger gulf between the X1 and X1X.

I mean, it's not worth it if there are no games to play that you want, but as far as an "upgrade" goes, this is about a close to a generational leap you can get without actually being a generational leap.

I personally feel like PS4 Pro vs PS4 is a joke, not worth the extra money. I really don't see this being much different.
True, the Pro isn't a huge leap from the OG PS4. That's kind of the point why this is such a big deal because they're not doing that. Microsoft made custom optimized hardware that'll work with every game even before a developer decides to support it and have a 4K/higher FPS/Scorpio, I mean Xbox One X patch. Read through the thread, it's discussed.

Won't be a new generation until there's Scorpio exclusive titles.
MS is done with generations. Four or five years from the release of the X1X, we'll get another new console that will likely play all the same games that we can play on the X1 now, and the new games that come out then will likely be compatible with older hardware, at least to some degree.

In 2017 and moving forward, what the consoles can and can't play has really nothing to do with what "generation" designation it falls under, just like how I can play newer computer games on (reasonably) old hardware, as well as play older games on my newer hardware. PC gamers don't worry about hard breaks and generation designations, and now consoles are moving into the same boat. The only way this changes is if the X1X completely bombs to a catastrophic degree, and at least based on preorders that doesn't seem likely to happen (that said, the X1 sold well out of the gate too, and look how that would up).

Eventually we'll start to get new games that don't work on the original X1 console, but there will be no hyped up statement from Microsoft saying "this is it, from now on games only work on the X1X" or whatever. Eventually the games that work on the original console will just slow to a trickle and then stop.

Digital Foundry made a good video on the way people without a X will not have to download the 4K art assets, freeing up space and download time. There will also be times when you can shed some files from the game with say any unnecessary audio with other languages not needed. That and there may be an ability to separate single player and multiplayer so you could just fool around in a campaign and then later grab the multiplayer portion of the game and inversely you've been playing the game's multiplayer and you're pretty much done with the campaign so you can remove it to free up hard drive space.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBw30bs4eC0

Tacoma and DOOM are back on the list after being removed.

Only games that are missing right now that were mentioned before are:

Agents of Mayhem (mentioned by Volition themselves)
Battlefield 1
Cuphead (still  unsure about this anyways)
Ginger: Beyond The Crystal
Gwent: The Witcher Card Game
Observer
Pure Chess

Seems like the new COD is also guranteed to be getting the X treatment, but won't be mentioned because of marketing reasons.

Bit more of what we know but more explanation and clarification on things. Also to note there'll be a new tab for Xbox One X Enhanced Games on Game & Apps.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A46H07thfek
Microsoft is allowing developers to use supersampling to ensure games still look better on a 1080p TV. Supersampling essentially scales down 4K image quality to a 1080p screen, so you get the benefits of texture improvements, faster framerates, and improved image quality. A 1080p supersampled image should still be a noticeable improvement over what the Xbox One S currently provides.
https://www.theverge.com/2017/9/20/16340160/microsoft-xbox-one-x-enhanced-1080p-tv

Also there will be Xbox One X units demoing FM7 at select Best Buy's this weekend. More info here: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/you-can-try-the-xbox-one-x-this-weekend-ahead-of-l/1100-6453540/

Anyone see it last weekend? Didn't seem to be a ton of locations with it set up.

edit- by strange coincidence, I checked right after posting this and they are showing it like 10 minutes away from me. Will go to check it out shortly.

Just got back. Was very impressed, although they were only showing the Forza 7 demo.

Of note - they had a mock up of the console on the table so you could see how small it was. However, whatever we were actually playing on was hidden under a table or something. The one thing I didn't do that I was kicking myself for when we left was ask if it was running on a PC or maybe a non-final hardware. Not a big deal but would have been nice to know.

Only a few people gathered around so we only had to wait a minute to play. F7 looked quite remarkable, and it was actually running on a 2016 model television (Sony XBR series, 60 inch), so those buying a new TV now for this thing should be even more impressed. Some girl behind us asked the guy why Playstation had better exclusives haha. Guy was smooth enough to provide an answer at least.

The MS rep wanted to take a selfie with me and my friend for some reason...hope it doesn't show up on the Microsoft site tomorrow or something  :mrgreen:

Got some free stuff also.

5QnMXrX.jpg

What was his response?
I don't remember it verbatim but if it's basically the same kind of thing that Phil says when asked. Says he knows stuff is coming that isn't announced yet, people will gravitate to the most powerful console which will make developers want to make stuff for it, etc. Nothing new.

I ordered my project scorpio from Amazon literally 30 seconds before it was announced on the live stream, I had found it via search.

The order has said from the beginning:

Not yet shipped
Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date.

It also doesn't say project scorpio edition until you click on the link. I wonder if I should contact Amazon about it or just not touch the order. I tried updating a Best Buy order for a project scorpio and it got cancelled on me.

The delivery estimate thing is pretty typical, wouldn't worry about that.

As far as it being the Scorpio, no idea. If you ordered it before it was "officially" up you may want to contact them to confirm. I'd assume you're fine as is, but can't hurt to check.

I compiled a list of games that have PS4 Pro Patches but do not have a X patch ATM. If I am missing titles feel free to correct me. Also as of note, BLOPS3 and BF1 were rumored to have patches but are no longer on xbox.com list. I've compared my list to the xbox.com list as of today. Things can change in the next week or two.

This list is for those that might want to hold off on buying the game till it gets patched or would rather be better off bought on PC/PS4 Pro considering enhancements will be better there.

ABZU

Assassin's Creed Syndicate
AC The Ezio Collection
Batman Return to Arkham
Battleborn
Battlefield 1
Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition
Cities: Skylines
Call of Duty: Black Ops III
Call of Duty Infinite Warfare
COD Modern Warfare Remastered
Darksouls 3
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Dirt 4
Dragon´s Dogma: Dark Arisen
Dreamfall Chapters
Don Bradman Cricket 17
Elite Dangerous
FIFA 17
Get Even
Little Nightmares
Mass Effect: Andromeda
Middle of Earth: Shadow of Mordor (first one)
MGS5
NBA 2k17 (2k18 is)
Overwatch
Oxenfree
Prey
PES Soccer 2017 (2018 is)
Sine Mora EX
Sonic Mania
Skyforge
Snake Pass
Tekken 7
Trove
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Trackmania Turbo
Van Helsing
Van Helsing 2
Victor Vran
Viking Wolves of Midgard
Watch Dogs 2
What Remains of Edith Finch
The Witness
XCOM 2

Edit: Here's a interview with respawn on Titanfall 2 running on the X. TDLR:60fps at all times at the cost of resolution via dynamic scaling. Also will have HDR.

https://news.xbox.com/2017/10/30/inside-xbox-one-x-enhanced-titanfall-2/#cGLtxyRUf16s4oKc.99

has anyone gotten the active offer coupon from gamestop to trade in Xbox One S for 150$? It is supposed to show up today but no luck.

For XB1X owners:

This may seem like a weird question, but I am really curious.  In the Settings, on the XB1 (not the XB1X) we can choose to not download 4k updates.  Is that option available in the Settings menu on the XB1X?

Theoretically if someone was only interested in the faster load times and more RAM on the XB1X, and didn't care too much about the higher res graphics, I wonder if they can opt to not download the 4k assets.

I don't believe that's possible as mentioned by the lucky few who have them already, and I think they've (Microsoft) been straightforward about that before.

For XB1X owners:

This may seem like a weird question, but I am really curious. In the Settings, on the XB1 (not the XB1X) we can choose to not download 4k updates. Is that option available in the Settings menu on the XB1X?

Theoretically if someone was only interested in the faster load times and more RAM on the XB1X, and didn't care too much about the higher res graphics, I wonder if they can opt to not download the 4k assets.
If you have the Xbox One X then you're downloading the 4K assets. That's the reason you bought the system. It is a nice addition to the Xbox family that it's an option. That's a way to keep the Xbox One, Xbox One S, and Xbox One X all playing nicely frankly.

I might consider a OneX in a year or two, after the price has shaved down a little bit, and theoretically after I've acquired a 4K TV. I'm not in a hurry for the 4K shift. My living room isn't that large, or that deep, and I'm a bit limited in how far from the screen I can sit. As such, I'm limited on how large of a screen I can put in that space. Given the circumstances, there is such a thing as TOO big. And while 4K is great, it is also much more noticeable and useful for larger screens.

I've been intentionally holding out until OLED technology matures and comes down in price. I saw an OLED screen years ago and was so impressed with the contrast ratio that I knew that was the upgrade I wanted. But the price is a tad bit prohibitive, so I'm just biding my time. The technology has been steadily improving, and some of the latest OLED screens are thinner, sharper, and more efficient with considerably less burn-in risk. In a year or two the price will get to the point where I would not feel bad about picking up a 55" screen. When that happens, a OneX with it's 4K Blu Ray player would be a welcome addition.

bread's done
Back