Xbox One X, Minecraft Xbox One LE Console Preorders

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Standard Edition now available for preorder!

Best Buy - https://www.bestbuy.com/site/microsoft-xbox-one-x-1tb-console-black/5919707.p?skuId=5919707

Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/Xbox-One-X-1TB-Console/dp/B074WPGYRF/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1506002838&sr=1-2-spons&keywords=xbox+one+x&psc=1

Gamestop - https://www.gamestop.com/collection/xbox-one-x

Walmart - https://www.walmart.com/ip/Xbox-One-X-1TB-Console/55849661

------

Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition

Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition Console

• Limited

• Custom Console Texture( standard version has smooth texture )

• Green Project Scorpio Edition lettering on console/controller

• Sexy packaging

• $500

Walmart: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Microsoft-Xbox-One-X-Project-Scorpio-Edition-1TB-Console-FMP-00001/55849661

Microsoft Store: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/d/xbox-one-x-1tb-console-project-scorpio-edition/8ZJH508RNQL0

Best Buy: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/microsoft-xbox-one-x-project-scorpio-edition-1tb-console-black/5919711.p?skuId=5919711

Target: https://www.target.com/p/xbox-one-x/-/A-52614582?clkid=4432faf9Na0022f7e6beaa8d89c52fa9a&lnm=79373&afid=VigLink&ref=tgt_adv_xasd0002#lnk=sametab

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Xbox-One-X-1TB-Console/dp/B01GW8VG7O/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&th=1&linkCode=sl1&tag=sec2002-20&linkId=8b2a8b47eee3e828c9d0600c32aff039

Gamestop: http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/consoles/xbox-one-x-1tb-console-project-scorpio-edition/152559?utm_source=linkshare&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=deeplink&cid=afl_10000087&affID=77777&sourceID=je6NUbpObpQ-1JGV3A1oyR5dvt6WKxVYmw

Gamestop Elite controller bundle: http://www.gamestop.com/consoles/bronze-xbox-one-x-elite-controller-bundle/152671?utm_source=linkshare&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=deeplink&cid=afl_10000087&affID=77777&sourceID=je6NUbpObpQ-yxGFQUVGSoXSlOI5NaQusg

qdqnl7w.jpg

-------

Xbox One S Minecraft Limited Edition Console

• 1TB Hard Drive

• Custom Console/Stand/Controller

• $400

Microsoft Store (console)- https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/d/xbox-one-s-1tb-console-minecraft-limited-edition-bundle/8ngxsgcqr2vr

Controller (green): https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/d/xbox-wireless-controller-minecraft-creeper-limited-edition/8stgmjplqw9w

Controller (pink): https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/d/xbox-wireless-controller-minecraft-pig-limited-edition/8mh5xk4s0tv2

Target: https://www.target.com/p/xbox-one-s-1tb-minecraft-limited-edition-bundle/-/A-52711428#lnk=sametab

rFll8mk.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3gSQZk0Crg

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you give me some disadvantages of having a gaming pc?
I would say the need for troubleshooting/lack of optimization are the big things, a lot of AAA publishers tend to half-ass their PC ports, as the market has typically been treated as a lesser priority than the console market. I guess you can consider needing a decent internet connection a disadvantage, but almost all games have day one patches now anyway. Upfront cost for comparable performance is also traditionally higher compared to a console (at least for a while).

This is my opinion, but a noticeable downside is that multiplayer games tend to die quicker on PC as well, especially fighting games. Combination of a smaller pool of high-end PC players compared to console owners, plus the larger number of MP-focused games a PC gamer can play.

count me out...

I already built a beast PC. and microsoft is making the mistake of releasing more of their "exclusives" on Windows with their Xbox Play Anywhere program. For someone like me who is already set with a 4k setup, its just not worth it.

Do not get me wrong though, if this thing performs as well as its supposed to, this is a great deal. 

pc + switch + ps4. is gonna be my setup for a while...

i just like how people talk about "you might as well get a gaming pc, its faster, its smoother its everything" but don't give the disadvantages.
Cost, size, cost of a monitor to make it worthwhile, cost of protecting yourself online, cost of OS, OS fucking your up every night by updating and crashing or making you susceptible to breaches if you manually update, being viable in online gaming without a really nice rig etc, cost of accessories to get a good experience, overbearing digital market. List goes on and on.

Some folks are just super attuned and these things are trivial- if you have the time and education to truly learn pcs you can enjoy it much more. Just lots of work for some of us who want to kick back, pop open a beer and kill stuff.

Monitor is not really a disadvantage. You need a TV to use a console don't you?
Yeah. Especially with this 4K crap- but it's kind of like arguing you need a 4K BD drive. Everybody probably has one that wants 4 k BD.

When I was gaming the refresh rate etc was important for pc. It's been a bit, maybe costs are down.

You can mostly put your pc on your tele now anyway, right?

Seeing that I already own a pc that can do all this and play most Xbox exclusives. Xbox is basically becoming a lazy man's windows pc.
I could not agree any more. Xbox Play Anywhere ruined almost any chance of me ever buying another Microsoft console again. Microsoft really has to come with strong console exclusives to change that.

Wow! You guys suck. This thread like all other dick measuring topics just get ruined by all the "my opinion is superior to yours" asshats.

Every last one of you who is soooo disappointed and ready to trumpet your console or gaming rig of choice can simply vote with your wallet.

I honestly hope to see Sony come with a catalog that will make Microsoft sweat and show Nintendo how to build a gaming catalog for 2018 and beyond.

It's only a few hours since the presentation and I can't even understand the hate against each other on a personal level that has shown up.

I hate the internet for bringing out the punk ass bitch out of normally decent people.

Cost, size, cost of a monitor to make it worthwhile, cost of protecting yourself online, cost of OS, OS fucking your up every night by updating and crashing or making you susceptible to breaches if you manually update, being viable in online gaming without a really nice rig etc, cost of accessories to get a good experience, overbearing digital market. List goes on and on.

Some folks are just super attuned and these things are trivial- if you have the time and education to truly learn pcs you can enjoy it much more. Just lots of work for some of us who want to kick back, pop open a beer and kill stuff.
couldn't agree more. when i was a student, i gamed on PC only. now with work and family and a lot more stuff going on in my life taking up much more time, i almost always game on consoles. everything is streamlined and integrated, from purchase, install, to online multiplayer, friend system, voice chat, etc. ain't got no time for tweaking pc games anymore.

Says there's hate then says he hates. That leads to suffering bro.

People that have been following industry trends for the last several years already have a pretty good idea how this "Xbox One X" launch is going to go.

The biggest elephant in the room is how badly they screwed up the branding with the name.  I get that it's in the same family of systems.  But it's like everyone at Microsoft is new and didn't learn anything from the Wii U's failure.  It's not a huge deal per se, but I can't believe they screwed up something so glaringly obvious.  It's another perfect example of just how out of touch MS has become with the gaming industry.  Even "Scorpio" would have been a better name.  Now, confused customers are going to walk into the store during the holidays and see the "smaller and faster" XB1X for $499 and the "smaller and faster" XB1S for $249. Oh, they're almost the same thing and one costs twice as much.  Which one do you think people are going to buy?

All in all, this is just blatantly terrible marketing so far.  It's almost as if MS doesn't want to sell many of these things.   Probably only a fraction of 4K enthusiasts are going to buy this thing. It's this year's Sony PS VR.  I was honestly much more excited for the "Xbox One X" before the reveal today.  Then they unveiled a nondescript black box called the Xbox for $499.   Ok, why do I want this??  Am I supposed to go out and figure out on my own why I'm supposed to buy this thing?  They have this crazy powerful console and it's like they're not even trying to interest people. 

MS even had the right idea of using their conference to push mainly the games. And it still wasn't exciting.   It was mostly sequels, multiplatform games, and some paid exclusives.  Just listen to the audience.  Let this stuff digest and sink in for a couple days and you'll realize how this reveal was very underwhelming.

I try not to use the word "fanboy" but it is so glaringly obvious which people are the Xbox loyalists because the general gaming public is confused and uninspired.

(These are my initial reactions; it's pretty much a hot take.  Opinions will be swayed more in the coming days I'm sure.   First impressions are important though.  The narrative is being written as we speak.)

count me out...

I already built a beast PC. and microsoft is making the mistake of releasing more of their "exclusives" on Windows with their Xbox Play Anywhere program. For someone like me who is already set with a 4k setup, its just not worth it.

Do not get me wrong though, if this thing performs as well as its supposed to, this is a great deal.

pc + switch + ps4. is gonna be my setup for a while...
Exactly what he said. PC, then PS4 and Switch, and finally the XB1X as a 4th, redundant $500 console.

They are going to have a tough time selling these things to people like us even, the informed gaming consumers. That's due to the redundancy in its offerings and the lack of killer, exclusive titles.

Exactly what he said. PC, then PS4 and Switch, and finally the XB1X as a redundant $500 console.

They are going to have a tough time selling these things to people like us even, the informed gaming consumers. That's due to the redundancy in its offerings and the lack of killer, exclusive titles.
Hear! Hear! Well said.

i just like how people talk about "you might as well get a gaming pc, its faster, its smoother its everything" but don't give the disadvantages.
I'll help you fam.
The pc can't just play in 30fps.
The pc has multiple set ups to choose from causing multiple possibe price points.
The pc doesn't just want to stick with gaming.

Hey PC elitists, answer me this. If the PC is so good, why wasnt a PC 2 ever announced? Checkmate.

Exactly what he said. PC, then PS4 and Switch, and finally the XB1X as a redundant $500 console.

That's my setup too. I made room in my entertainment section furniture, my 4k TV has one more HDMI port unused; all I wanted was for Microsoft to convince me. Hard to do considering I just upgraded my PC this year. What's the point? Xbox games can be played on PC.

And LOL PC 2 comment.

The Xbox x makes me want to build a PC
do it. a few years ago i played consoles exclusively, but really wanted to get into PC gaming, I managed to get a buddy of mine to go with me to FRYS and he walk me through exactly what I needed to build an average PC. Been upgrading it ever since, by myself. Couldn't be happier. The possibilities are endless.

or, you can wait and get the X1X.

Choose wisely.

Bethesda knew they had nothing this year.

That's why they did the whole scene in the beginning about the developers and their families and how much this means to them... to do damage control on how hard they are going to get reamed for recycling old games. Even their new game at the end was a copy/paste of Doom with theme changes.

Bethesda knew they had nothing this year.

That's why they did the whole scene in the beginning about the developers and their families and how much this means to them... to do damage control on how hard they are going to get reamed for recycling old games. Even their new game at the end was a copy/paste of Doom with theme changes.
I mean, im more excited for what they showed then anything Microsoft showed. At least everything they showed is out this year too.

Wasn't long but it got right to the point without having people up there talking about what makes the games good.

I get that people want to discuss E3 stuff but why come into a preorder thread for the Xbox One X and complain about this and that if you were never interested in the product to being with? If you are mainly a PC gamer then the One X is not marketed to you. I own all the platforms but I mainly game on my Xbox One. I am the perfect example of someone who is legitimately interested in purchasing a One X day one. I have a PC with an i7 and 970 but at the end of the day still prefer to game on my Xbox.

Microsoft knows they aren't going to catch up to Sony. They are making decisions that benefit their own ecosystem. You may think its a death sentence now that they are selling their console exclusives on PC but it really isn't. People who game on PC were never interested in buying an Xbox. Yeah you might have a PS4 (for the japanese games and handful of exclusives) but you would never have purchased an Xbox. So what does Microsoft do? They start selling their games on PC and connect the PC platform to the Xbox platform. I think it makes plenty of sense. They understand that PC gamers are separate from console gamers. There are plenty of people that want that increased fidelity on console without having to dive into the PC market. And that's where Xbox One X comes in.

I've read through a few pages. I think we get it. Even if it was $100 cheaper you still wouldn't buy it because you aren't the market. There will be people that buy the One X. Last E3 people complained Microsoft didn't show enough games. This year they show games back to back and people complain that they didn't wow them. Do gamers really expect Microsoft to pull some crazy AAA title out of nowhere? Microsoft's AAA titles are Forza, Gears, and Halo. We just got Gears last year and we know Halo is in development. We are past the point of comparing Microsoft and Sony, they can't catch up so they do their own thing. Microsoft will never have an Uncharted or Last of Us. There is only one Naughty Dog. With that said Microsoft has tried different things just with lack of support. Sunset Overdrive? Quantum? I think these are solid examples of good games that just didn't catch on. I would kill for a sequel to Sunset Overdrive.

I don't know what I am trying to get it. It just gets old reading all these threads where people just flame Microsoft. Were you even invested in their product? Do you care about their games? Do you own any Xbox consoles? I just don't see why they get so much hate these days. The original launch of Xbox was rocky but they have made major strides. Will they ever have amazing console exclusives like Sony? Probably never. Do you still offer a good product? Yes. Xbox Live is still amazing, games with gold is better than the PSN titles you get. Backwards compatibility is great. And they are still trying to make strides in the gaming world. With all that being said I am excited to see what Sony shows off. Uncharted, Last of US, and God of War are all stellar. Heck I've put in 100+ hours into Persona 5 so far.

People just need to take all this in stride. It isn't some gaming war. If you like PC great. If you like Xbox great. If you like PS4 great. Well end of my rant. 

I've bought every Microsoft console on or near launch day. I've been disappointed with all but the 360. Oblivion and call of duty delivered big time.

I get that people want to discuss E3 stuff but why come into a preorder thread for the Xbox One X and complain
Seriously.

- The Wii/ Wii U thing is a nonstarter. This is not a transition from one console generation to the next, where MS has to sell everyone an X or lose all their marketshare. This is two different tiers of power on sale alongside each other: one is the S, and one is the X. A lame name, perhaps, but the setup is neither illogical nor hard to understand.

- MS has been clear all along that they do not intend, or NEED to, sell a lot of Scorpio. This is a halo item for the enthusiast. They want to sell a small percentage of premium systems and gain back some of the hardcore cred they lost the moment they announced TVTVTV Xbox One back in 2013. The machine exists almost entirely for prestige.

Microsoft’s Albert Penello said pre-orders will take place later on in the year; this week is about launch date and price only.

From Microsoft's Xbox One X product page: "This device has not been approved by the Federal Communications Commission. It is not for sale until FCC approval has been obtained."

Seriously.

- The Wii/ Wii U thing is a nonstarter. This is not a transition from one console generation to the next, where MS has to sell everyone an X or lose all their marketshare. This is two different tiers of power on sale alongside each other: one is the S, and one is the X. A lame name, perhaps, but the setup is neither illogical nor hard to understand.

- MS has been clear all along that they do not intend, or NEED to, sell a lot of Scorpio. This is a halo item for the enthusiast. They want to sell a small percentage of premium systems and gain back some of the hardcore cred they lost the moment they announced TVTVTV Xbox One back in 2013. The machine exists almost entirely for prestige.
You just made it look even dumber.

I get that people want to discuss E3 stuff but why come into a preorder thread for the Xbox One X and complain about this and that if you were never interested in the product to being with? If you are mainly a PC gamer then the One X is not marketed to you. I own all the platforms but I mainly game on my Xbox One. I am the perfect example of someone who is legitimately interested in purchasing a One X day one. I have a PC with an i7 and 970 but at the end of the day still prefer to game on my Xbox.

Microsoft knows they aren't going to catch up to Sony. They are making decisions that benefit their own ecosystem. You may think its a death sentence now that they are selling their console exclusives on PC but it really isn't. People who game on PC were never interested in buying an Xbox. Yeah you might have a PS4 (for the japanese games and handful of exclusives) but you would never have purchased an Xbox. So what does Microsoft do? They start selling their games on PC and connect the PC platform to the Xbox platform. I think it makes plenty of sense. They understand that PC gamers are separate from console gamers. There are plenty of people that want that increased fidelity on console without having to dive into the PC market. And that's where Xbox One X comes in.

I've read through a few pages. I think we get it. Even if it was $100 cheaper you still wouldn't buy it because you aren't the market. There will be people that buy the One X. Last E3 people complained Microsoft didn't show enough games. This year they show games back to back and people complain that they didn't wow them. Do gamers really expect Microsoft to pull some crazy AAA title out of nowhere? Microsoft's AAA titles are Forza, Gears, and Halo. We just got Gears last year and we know Halo is in development. We are past the point of comparing Microsoft and Sony, they can't catch up so they do their own thing. Microsoft will never have an Uncharted or Last of Us. There is only one Naughty Dog. With that said Microsoft has tried different things just with lack of support. Sunset Overdrive? Quantum? I think these are solid examples of good games that just didn't catch on. I would kill for a sequel to Sunset Overdrive.

I don't know what I am trying to get it. It just gets old reading all these threads where people just flame Microsoft. Were you even invested in their product? Do you care about their games? Do you own any Xbox consoles? I just don't see why they get so much hate these days. The original launch of Xbox was rocky but they have made major strides. Will they ever have amazing console exclusives like Sony? Probably never. Do you still offer a good product? Yes. Xbox Live is still amazing, games with gold is better than the PSN titles you get. Backwards compatibility is great. And they are still trying to make strides in the gaming world. With all that being said I am excited to see what Sony shows off. Uncharted, Last of US, and God of War are all stellar. Heck I've put in 100+ hours into Persona 5 so far.

People just need to take all this in stride. It isn't some gaming war. If you like PC great. If you like Xbox great. If you like PS4 great. Well end of my rant.
I agree with a lot of what you've written here. I also think Phil Spencer is trying to right the ship, but there's only so much he can do at this stage so he's trying to - as you nail here - get back some of the cred Xbox has lost through the rickety start the Xbox one had.

I was a 360 guy last gen - still love that system and will easily say it is one of the best consoles ever made - intuitive interface, wonderful controller (I have a PS4 right now but I still think the Xbox controller is the best around), and a library of games that included brilliant exclusives and the usual 3rd party heavy-hitters.

I was also disappointed with how Xbox mishandled the following gen, and want the Xbox to get back to what it does well - making gaming easier. What I especially miss on my PS4 is the ability to install games. That is an awesome feature. That said, I'd probably need an 8TB HDD to make it work now with all these 25+GB downloads/patches.

Anyways, this E3 conference was the best foot MS could put forward at this point - it may not have been as impressive as some people wanted, but it shows MS is in it, and isn't backing down. My bet is that Spencer gets exclusives tied down and rebuilds/re-invests in MS' software teams so that come next E3 or whenever Xbox Two comes along, Microsoft will get back to where it was - or at least seriously be able to compete with Sony on a software level.

I'm sitting out on the X this gen since the PS4 is the system that has all the games I want but I will eventually pick up an S since I'd love an extra 360 (got 200+ games on mine). Love that MS is making the Xbox BC with the OG system - that is AWESOME!

I do love that MS is hunkering down on the principle that every XBOX game you buy will now play on its consoles. That is a quick way to establish and invigorate your library.

It's also a fantastic way to thank your gamers :) I see at least an S in my future.

I wish the PS4 Pro was as powerful as X and had UHD blu-ray, as its exclusives aren't available on PC. Gladly would have paid $100 more. With a PC more powerful than X, I only bought a One S to play Halo MCC, Halo 5, Sunset Overdrive, Rare Replay and UHD blu-rays. Probably won't get an X unless it has some games that aren't on PC and when it's cheap a couple years from now.

So from reading this thread and a lot of the complaints here, one of Microsoft's biggest mistakes was not being as 'greedy' as Sony. Because they let you play their exclusives on PC, which Sony would NEVER allow with theirs. That is pretty interesting as it basically advocates corporate 'greed'.

Also, I love to read the comments from people who say that digital is the future and physical media is dying. If it is, it is thanks to you! You do realize that if Steam did not have competition from so-called third party sites, they likely would rarely do any sales. I hope that you're looking forward to the future where you're paying more rather than less.

Why would you ever think that having fewer options would be better? And support the company that does less?

Go gamers!?

same thing that ps4 pro suffers from this will also.  They both are crippled by the jaguar CPU for compatibility reasons.  Sure the Scorpio has the GPU to render in 4k, but frame rates will suffer just like ps4 pro games where effects are CPU heavy.  I mean its a nice system but very imbalanced when it comes to power.  Tons of GPU but almost no processing power.

Disappointing system just like the pro.

Almost no exclusive games (especially adding games to pc essentially telling me not to support your consoles in anyway)

The price point is not good for just an upgraded Xbox one.

I've lost interest in MS every game I get excited for from them ends up meh or cancelled.

Really surprised that this is happening. Did the 1st one sell enough to justify it? I played the crap out of the 1st one so I'm pumped this one is coming out.
Over 4 million copies and you shouldn't be surprised they said they were making a sequel years ago. Same with doom so we'll get a doom 2 eventually.

Guess I'll be upgrading my OG day one Xbox one to the xbox one X.. was gonna try and trade my Xbox one for the S to give it to my dad for father's day since he doesn't have a blu-ray but they didn't let me get the 175 towards the xbox one s like they did for the pro lol I know I should have done it that day.. but ehh 500 is not going to waste if I just pass it on.

So from reading this thread and a lot of the complaints here, one of Microsoft's biggest mistakes was not being as 'greedy' as Sony. Because they let you play their exclusives on PC, which Sony would NEVER allow with theirs. That is pretty interesting as it basically advocates corporate 'greed'.
Also, I love to read the comments from people who say that digital is the future and physical media is dying. If it is, it is thanks to you! You do realize that if Steam did not have competition from so-called third party sites, they likely would rarely do any sales. I hope that you're looking forward to the future where you're paying more rather than less.
Why would you ever think that having fewer options would be better? And support the company that does less?
Go gamers!?
Options are supposed to be better but it only makes it worse if you are trying to use it to justify a $500 purchase. People want good exclusive titles because they want a reason to buy the console beyond just the hardware.

Options are supposed to be better but it only makes it worse if you are trying to use it to justify a $500 purchase. People want good exclusive titles because they want a reason to buy the console beyond just the hardware.
Exactly. The value proposition is not there.

Supposed to be the most powerful console, but they only showcased one game running in 4K/60fps and that was Forza. The rest were indie titles, and freakin' Minecraft. Nobody playing Minecraft for the mind-blowing graphics. Where's the list of all other games running in 4K/60fps? If they tell me most 3rd party games can do 60fps at 4K, I'm sold, but from what I hear the CPU is holding it back, which they decided not to upgrade.

500bux is alot to ask a console that has maybe 2 years life in it.  Next gen will be here in less than 2 years and most likely come with a Ryzen CPU, making the scropio pretty much obsolete.  Scopio is great for 4k visuals of current 2k games but thats pretty much where the power ends.  It has the GPU for the 4k visuals but do not have the CPU to do the heavy lifting for a next gen experience.

Ugh, when there's a real deal on Scorpio, let's at least start a new thread so it's not buried under 120 pages of console wars and amateur marketing discussion.

bread's done
Back