Xbox One X, Minecraft Xbox One LE Console Preorders

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Standard Edition now available for preorder!

Best Buy - https://www.bestbuy.com/site/microsoft-xbox-one-x-1tb-console-black/5919707.p?skuId=5919707

Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/Xbox-One-X-1TB-Console/dp/B074WPGYRF/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1506002838&sr=1-2-spons&keywords=xbox+one+x&psc=1

Gamestop - https://www.gamestop.com/collection/xbox-one-x

Walmart - https://www.walmart.com/ip/Xbox-One-X-1TB-Console/55849661

------

Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition

Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition Console

• Limited

• Custom Console Texture( standard version has smooth texture )

• Green Project Scorpio Edition lettering on console/controller

• Sexy packaging

• $500

Walmart: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Microsoft-Xbox-One-X-Project-Scorpio-Edition-1TB-Console-FMP-00001/55849661

Microsoft Store: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/d/xbox-one-x-1tb-console-project-scorpio-edition/8ZJH508RNQL0

Best Buy: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/microsoft-xbox-one-x-project-scorpio-edition-1tb-console-black/5919711.p?skuId=5919711

Target: https://www.target.com/p/xbox-one-x/-/A-52614582?clkid=4432faf9Na0022f7e6beaa8d89c52fa9a&lnm=79373&afid=VigLink&ref=tgt_adv_xasd0002#lnk=sametab

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Xbox-One-X-1TB-Console/dp/B01GW8VG7O/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&th=1&linkCode=sl1&tag=sec2002-20&linkId=8b2a8b47eee3e828c9d0600c32aff039

Gamestop: http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/consoles/xbox-one-x-1tb-console-project-scorpio-edition/152559?utm_source=linkshare&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=deeplink&cid=afl_10000087&affID=77777&sourceID=je6NUbpObpQ-1JGV3A1oyR5dvt6WKxVYmw

Gamestop Elite controller bundle: http://www.gamestop.com/consoles/bronze-xbox-one-x-elite-controller-bundle/152671?utm_source=linkshare&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=deeplink&cid=afl_10000087&affID=77777&sourceID=je6NUbpObpQ-yxGFQUVGSoXSlOI5NaQusg

qdqnl7w.jpg

-------

Xbox One S Minecraft Limited Edition Console

• 1TB Hard Drive

• Custom Console/Stand/Controller

• $400

Microsoft Store (console)- https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/d/xbox-one-s-1tb-console-minecraft-limited-edition-bundle/8ngxsgcqr2vr

Controller (green): https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/d/xbox-wireless-controller-minecraft-creeper-limited-edition/8stgmjplqw9w

Controller (pink): https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/d/xbox-wireless-controller-minecraft-pig-limited-edition/8mh5xk4s0tv2

Target: https://www.target.com/p/xbox-one-s-1tb-minecraft-limited-edition-bundle/-/A-52711428#lnk=sametab

rFll8mk.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3gSQZk0Crg

Last edited by a moderator:
How is having valid discussions a "shitshow"?
Are you asking me to go through the 14 pages of this thread and quote everything that is not even close to being a reasonably stated, civil exchange of ideas? Again, that's not even addressing the fact that this thread a) doesn't need to exist in the first place and b) is composed nearly entirely of off-topic discussions instead of the actual pre-ordering of a console.

Here's an example of a real troll taking a drive-by potshot and genuinely not giving a shit.
^ Another post to add to the pile!

Wow...Xbox One X preorder thread that has no reason to exist turns into complete console war shitshow with PC master race fanboys as special guest referees. Who would have thought? :whistle2:k
I have a $2400 PC I just built,and I prefer console lol. Play what makes you happy is my motto.

Not sure I'll be following through on this pre-order, but why not? Excited for State of Decay 2 and Crackdown 3. Already have a OG One and One S though.

I think a serious issue is being overlooked while all the focus is on upgraded hardware: gaming stagnation. The reason people are majorly hesitant to fork over $500 for a console is that gaming is stagnant and Ubisoft is a huge red flag to what homogenization breeds. All their games follow the same model, from Far Cry to Ghost Recon to Assassin's Creed and it's strangling the industry because ingenuity rarely sells. In watching the conference last night, I could watch a small piece of gameplay and immediately understand how the game would play. The graphics and content may be different, but the experiences would all be the same.

And that's bad. You could argue that players just get burned out playing games, yet they readily flock to a fresh new idea or something unfamiliar. No, gaming is in a rut and because AAA has become so expensive to produce the risk is too great. Indie has picked up steam over the years but still has to compete for market share because the market is being flooded with bad, poorly made games. Even worse, successful indie games are starting to copy what works from other indie games!

I'm jaded, as a long time gamer I've tried everything but there are still games I will revisit because they can be unpredictable and provide new experiences still. I guess at this point there really is no solution, but trying to justify buying a $500 console is the least of our problems. So long as people are starved for new IPs, they continue to settle for what is put on the table.

And that sucks.

I think a serious issue is being overlooked while all the focus is on upgraded hardware: gaming stagnation.
Trimmed your post for space but I wholeheartedly agree. I've wondered for years if people would ever get tired of shooting stuff in first or third person, but it doesn't seem like it's going to happen. However, it does seem like I'm not the only one souring on open-world games that lack the impact of a more streamlined narrative game and require several times as much free time to fully enjoy.

One thing that's interesting is that everyone seems to be going all-in on lengthy co-op games (Destiny, Anthem) or various multiplayer games without acknowledging the fact that lots of gamers pick just a few of those games and stick to them for years, making it an extremely competitive space. We saw 42 games in the Xbox presentation alone, but how many will get the attention they deserve if publishers get their wish and most of us are spending 90% of our gaming time on multiplayer games that essentially never end of huge, open-world timesinks?

Has there ever been a successful tiering approach to a system besides the Pro? Sega CD and 32x both flopped, the turbografx cd did poorly outside of Japan, I don't even remember if the Nintendo 64 DD ever even came out?

One thing that's interesting is that everyone seems to be going all-in on lengthy co-op games (Destiny, Anthem) or various multiplayer games without acknowledging the fact that lots of gamers pick just a few of those games and stick to them for years, making it an extremely competitive space. We saw 42 games in the Xbox presentation alone, but how many will get the attention they deserve if publishers get their wish and most of us are spending 90% of our gaming time on multiplayer games that essentially never end of huge, open-world timesinks?
You knew exactly where I was going with this, because I've succumbed to MMOs once again as they're the only experience that can provide that random element of chance encounters. I literally can't play SP games right now because they feel so familiar and take hours to complete. In fact the only game I'm truly looking forward to right now is Red Dead Redemption 2 because it is incredibly unique, with elements of MP thrown in. It follows all the same rules of a sandbox game but it is the only western game out there and I'm not even particularly into that genre either; it's just different!

We've been tricked into wanting the carrot now because SP games that are meant to end don't satisfy. We can't measure the investment of time into those games outside of the experience they leave. And if that experience is too familiar, we didn't get our fix and feel unsatisfied/frustrated. Or maybe I'm just rabbit-holing now. ;)

Or maybe not.

Trimmed your post for space but I wholeheartedly agree. I've wondered for years if people would ever get tired of shooting stuff in first or third person, but it doesn't seem like it's going to happen. However, it does seem like I'm not the only one souring on open-world games that lack the impact of a more streamlined narrative game and require several times as much free time to fully enjoy.

Well in that same vein, people are crazy about sports when its typically the same thing (and usually the same teams winning championships) every year. Its just something people enjoy doing over and over regardless of if it changes.

I also think that the increase in the number of gamers who have huge backlogs of games can inadvertently make the gaming industry more competitive. I have games from 2014 that I've never played, so the decision to buy another game is greatly influenced by that fact. When I was a kid, I maybe had 2-3 games tops, and just replayed those until I had the chance to get another one. Times have changed.

I mean you can look at it from whatever perspective you want.  You could say that gaming has stagnated.  But I'd say that gaming is more diverse and we have more options of what kind of games to play than ever before.  You don't have to pay attention to any of that AAA garbage to try lots of new, meaningful gameplay experiences.   For every Assassin's Creed or Call of Duty out there there's another studio doing something like Horizon or The Witcher or Overwatch.  We have an amazing wealth of options at our disposal now.  Plus, never before have there been three major, healthy players in the home console industry (with Sony, MS, and Nintendo) like there has been for the last decade.  Steam and PC gaming is thriving as well. 

It's a great time to be a consumer of video games.  We have choices.

I think that could also be a big part of what many people are struggling with.  There are so many platforms and options now that it has become overwhelming for some.

You knew exactly where I was going with this, because I've succumbed to MMOs once again as they're the only experience that can provide that random element of chance encounters. I literally can't play SP games right now because they feel so familiar and take hours to complete.
lols

but yeah, many of us gravitate towards MMOs for that sense of familiarity and following through with a particular game. There's too many other games that serve as distractions. So we want our comfort food. We also want meaningful experiences.

Then the cycle begins anew. A new console gets announced and released. We have to ask ourselves do I really want to buy buying another brand new console? I want to own one, but I know I shouldn't.

I also would rather have fewer open world games. I was especially disappointed that Breath of the Wild took that approach. And I found the addition of crafting tedious.

Last edited:
Never understood why MS would announce the XB1 S and the (better) Scorpio at the same time, but with the Scorpio coming out a year after the S.  My patience is about to pay off.

You knew exactly where I was going with this, because I've succumbed to MMOs once again as they're the only experience that can provide that random element of chance encounters. I literally can't play SP games right now because they feel so familiar and take hours to complete.
This is pretty off-topic, but in what way do you find MMOs random, not familiar, and not requiring hours to complete? I played MMOs for a long time before and I would personally describe them as exactly the opposite.

friend of mine talking about backwards compatibility

friend- old games are old games. why would you even want to play them.

me    - old movies are old movies. why would you even want to watch them.

of course he's a huge ps4 guy.   so i thought that was funny. 

i really want this xbox x but i honestly want to see side by side comparison with games like destiny 2, call of duty, RDR, and other games before i make this decision.

Holy Crap, I'm all caught up with about 300 posts read. Where's my cookie? No seriously, I can't see it, I've gone cross-eyed.

Has anyone convinced anyone else to buy an Xbox One X / PS4 Pro / budget gaming PC? :)

Anyway, I've heard that there will be two different colors for the console - black and something else. Does anyone know what the other color will be?

Apparently metro as well as other 3rd party games were not running on the Xbox x I'm stage but a pc.

Also most games are running in "dynamic 4k" which is what the ps4 pro does.

This is pretty off-topic, but in what way do you find MMOs random, not familiar, and not requiring hours to complete? I played MMOs for a long time before and I would personally describe them as exactly the opposite.
The randomness for me comes from the community, in that world PvP can suddenly happen or a world boss spawns and people band together to kill it. If you have multiple characters for different classes, you can switch it up as well. To that extent, I've played a few MMOs for years and never tried alternate classes so that's another way to keep things fresh and unfamiliar. Coming back to an MMO can also be a huge shock as things can change drastically. It's still familiar, yet unfamiliar if that makes sense. As for requiring hours to complete: the expectation is there that you can never complete the game, so you can do things at your own leisure and don't feel the lash of the whip to complete a game to be able to move onto the next one.

I think the biggest problem is that comments here are correct in that we have too much on our plate to finish (and want to finish) in our busy, adult lives. It becomes a daunting task to complete our backlog and it's an unrealistic goal to play them all anymore so narrowing the selection down by process of elimination starts to take place subconsciously. We want to use our time wisely and if a game only offers the same, past experiences without any real changes then we reject it. Everyone will have their niche, like souls games are for me, but overall we want variety and right now games are starting to look too alike.

While I'm not too keen on the $500 price tag, I'm still going to preorder and pick it up. But I'll hold off in opening it for a week or two just to see what the initial reactions are and go from there. Did the same with the switch.

I'd rather have one and ultimately not want to keep it than want one and not be able to get my hands on one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Is there a real concern that Xbox will be sold out? Lol. . .
While not entirely likely, it's not unheard of. It all depends on the initial production numbers. If they appear to be limited at first, resellers are going to pounce.

While not entirely likely, it's not unheard of. It all depends on the initial production numbers. If they appear to be limited at first, resellers are going to pounce.

We are still talking about the same company that you can find various Halo CE's at heavy discount still, right?

Que? Are you forgetting that if it weren't for Sony you Xbots would have DRM digital games and no trade ins lol
Sony was reportedly eyeing the same sort of scheme, MS just happened to go first, Sony saw the backlash and they fully backtracked on it. You don't implement the sort of idea MS proposed without getting the okay from big publishers, and big publishers (who no doubt would be in favour of this) would of course want that sort of thing on both main platforms rather than just one. If you knew Sony's history regarding DRM advocacy in other forms of entertainment (movies, music), this wouldn't surprise you.

There were some merits to the original plan for what it's worth (the proposed ecosystem was much closer to Steam's model which DOES work). The problem is all of America (and other parts of the world) just doesn't have the infrastructure for it, PC and even Steam has competitive third-party markets (though they are shrinking) and consumers weren't used to the idea of giving up physical media for the most part and overreacted. Of course, years later, here we are with sales of physical and digital formats being incredibly close in percentage. Not saying there weren't problems (an online check every 24 hours is nuts) but I have no doubt that were it suggested today, there'd be less backlash besides from people who rent and flip games and GameStop employees.

Releases 11/7 right? so 7/11 would be a good date for pre-orders. just a thought. and a free slurpee would possibly be the selling point.

I picked up a PS4 Pro last weekend and have definitely noticed a big difference on games with 4K and HDR. Ratchet & Clank in particular looks like playing a Pixar movie at times. I'd be very interested in getting an XB1X for maybe like $300 or so, mostly for the UHD Blu-Ray player and the one or two exclusives that haven't made it to the playstation (like Cuphead). 

I picked up a PS4 Pro last weekend and have definitely noticed a big difference on games with 4K and HDR. Ratchet & Clank in particular looks like playing a Pixar movie at times. I'd be very interested in getting an XB1X for maybe like $300 or so, mostly for the UHD Blu-Ray player and the one or two exclusives that haven't made it to the playstation (like Cuphead).
Get resogun too! It's nuts with 4k hdr

Wipeout omega also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

has anyone had second thoughts about picking up the xbox x?  at first i was so excited but the more days the pass the more i realize i can hold off.  biggest gripe is no comparison videos.  i want to see how much difference will a game look on the x compared to an xbox s. 

has anyone had second thoughts about picking up the xbox x? at first i was so excited but the more days the pass the more i realize i can hold off. biggest gripe is no comparison videos. i want to see how much difference will a game look on the x compared to an xbox s.
Hard to really show it off unless you have a 4k tv is the problem.

Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition Console

• Custom Console Texture 

• Green Project Scorpio Edition lettering on console/controller

• Sexy packaging

Walmart: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Microsoft-Xbox-One-X-Project-Scorpio-Edition-1TB-Console-FMP-00001/55849661

Best Buy: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/microsoft-xbox-one-x-project-scorpio-edition-1tb-console-black/5919711.p?skuId=5919711

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Xbox-One-X-1TB-Console/dp/B01GW8VG7O/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&th=1&linkCode=sl1&tag=sec2002-20&linkId=8b2a8b47eee3e828c9d0600c32aff039

qdqnl7w.jpg

-------

Xbox One S Minecraft Limited Edition Console

• 1TB Hard Drive

• Custom Console/Stand/Controller

PREORDER LINKS COMING SHORTLY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3gSQZk0Crg

2UlEMUS.jpg

So this is like Xbox day one edition version 2.0

I wonder if this will actually be limited, they stressed that towards the end of the stream. I like the green project Scorpio writing but getting an Xbox one X at launch doesn't make sense cause I don't have a 4k hdr TV yet.

I guess it remains to be seen how limited this truly is. I won't be that surprised if it's still up at the end of the day. That Gamescom conference was....yikes.

So this is like Xbox day one edition version 2.0

I wonder if this will actually be limited, they stressed that towards the end of the stream. I like the green project Scorpio writing but getting an Xbox one X at launch doesn't make sense cause I don't have a 4k hdr TV yet.
Like the PS4 PRO, you don’t need a 4K TV to reap the benefits.

Games will be down sampled and the extra horsepower should make most everything else run better.

I’ve been gaming with my PRO on a 1080 TV since it launched and the upgrade is more than justified.

bread's done
Back