Xbox Series S - $299.99

Amazon

Best Buy

GameStop

Microsoft Store

Target

Walmart

Wario64 wrote on Twitter:

some numbers I heard for GameStop per-store allocations for Xbox Series preorders:
Series X - 6-12 per store
Series S - 2-4 per store— Wario64 (@Wario64) September 21, 2020

Stores may also have a Microsoft financing program available called XBox All Access: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-all-access#findaretailer

Last edited by a moderator:
finally got my series x from MS.... took 20 minutes to open the cart after adding! Now waiting for bestbuy or amazon to get my brother a system.... and just got the MS confirmation email.

Anyone trying to order from target.  I finally got it to go through.  Keep 2 windows open, one on the product page and your cart.  Spam the Preorder button on the product page, and keep refreshing your cart.

As SOON as you see it in your cart, start trying to checkout, but KEEP spamming the Preorder button.  I think I successfully tricked the system into getting another preorder added to cart before it dropped off during purchase.

YMMV, but it worked for me.  Good luck everyone!

Target was insane - I had someone helping me get one and she ended up checking out, I never could. I got to the final page it ran the card and my credit declined and texted me about a suspicious transaction.... then target wouldn’t let me check out again because I had already “ordered” one... also if I got another oops something went wrong message I was going to chuck my phone

at target it said an item in my cart is not available for shipping when I clicked place order

"You can’t checkout because one or more of your items are currently unavailable at the selected store or delivery method. Try other stores or delivery method"

I was stuck in the checkout page for the Series S at Target, and it kept removing it from my cart. Turns out two of the orders went through.

I was able to get a Series X from Wal-Mart after a few minutes though. Much easier than Target. But I'm still waiting on Best Buy because I'd rather get those points.

Microsoft site totally fucking up for me.  I signed into my account and was at the "review" page and it just didn't load anything, and now 503's for the past 10 minutes.

I got one through Microsoft store after the shipping page wouldn't load for 10 minutes. Target website I got all the way to the complete order red button and it wouldn't complete my order, Best Buy said coming soon the whole time, and was on line at the Gamestop website and now it says something went wrong.

That was sketchy. Target pre-order just went through after 20 mins of trying at every major retailer just to see them all crash. I only knew the Target one went through because I got an alert from my banking app.

Ironically the PS5 was far easier to get because it was so random and all the scalpers didn’t know when or where to be with their purchase bots. Still better than waiting outside a store all night though!

Keep getting a "There was a problem setting the shipping address for your order" message on the Microsoft site no matter what address I use.

Gamestop.com order confirmed for Series X. Though it says "There might be slight delay in receiving Order Confirmation emails due to high volume. Orders may take up to 15 minutes to show up in Order History"

Went all in on Target, figured saving $25 was a good reason to spend $500  :razz:

Was at the final "PLACE YOUR ORDER" screen for 15 minutes and at least 50 tries. I think it was always in my cart, but the payment system just couldn't find a spot to complete the order.

Say's I got one, to be delivered betweeen11th-16th

Gamestop is like

There might be slight delay in receiving Order Confirmation emails due to high volume. Orders may take up to 15 minutes to show up in Order History

Was able to score 1 XSX at Target.com! Thanks to the posters who mentioned once you add it to cart then you must refresh the cart until it lets you click PLACE ORDER!!

Then the 1st time i clicked PLACE ORDER it thank for a bit then gave error that CART IS EMPTY. Had to refresh cart a few more times. 

Then 2nd time i could see it in my cart & click PLACE ORDER i had to click the final SUBMIT ORDER a few times before it thank for a bit but in never gave a CONFIRMATION and went back EMPTY CART. BUT WHEN I CHECKED MY ORDER HISTORY IT IS THERE.......WOOOOOOOOOOWHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MS had me on the ropes for half an hour but I FINALLY got it to go through. To their credit, they kept it in my cart from when I clicked "configure" at 11 sharp.  

This was the hardest console pre-order yet. Are people having as hard of a time trying to get a Series S?
Yep. The S was just as hard to order. Finally got a MS order in for it a few minutes ago. Stupid Best Buy selling Xbox credit at 10% forced my hand when I was planning on not buying one today. Lol.

Wonder if BB and Amazon decided to let everyone else servers crash... and join the debacle later in the day when most people either have theirs ordered, or have given up trying.

No site is working atm, Target I can at least get it into cart (sometimes) get to the address screen, then "your cart is empty"

i've preordered every console and this is the most annoying preoder I have experienced.  At least the PS5 was just sold out in 80 seconds.

gonna take a smoke break...I bet as soon as I walk outside Best Buy and amazon go live.

your welcome 

bread's done
Back