Xbox Series S - $299.99

Amazon

Best Buy

GameStop

Microsoft Store

Target

Walmart

Wario64 wrote on Twitter:

some numbers I heard for GameStop per-store allocations for Xbox Series preorders:
Series X - 6-12 per store
Series S - 2-4 per store— Wario64 (@Wario64) September 21, 2020

Stores may also have a Microsoft financing program available called XBox All Access: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-all-access#findaretailer

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it funny the amount of people that gush about Microsoft's hardware and software ecosystem. As great as that is we're going into another generation with Microsoft's same problem it's had for over a decade now: lack of exclusives. I don't even care if they're on PC also, Microsoft needs to start producing games like they did in the original Xbox days if they want to truly give Sony a run for their money.

(not a tit for tat argument, I'm a classic Sega kid. I go to where the games are, period!)
They've basically thrown in the towel in that regard.

They are now clearly just trying to become a SaaS platform with Gamepass and make their money that way.

They are now clearly just trying to become a SaaS platform with Gamepass and make their money that way.
Shame dude outside of Sega I think Microsoft during the original Xbox was the coolest company in gaming ever. They had a little bit for everyone: Blinx for the kids, Morrowind/KOTOR for nerds, Sega's 2K Series, and of course HALO!

Does Costco satisfaction guarantee (or whatever it’s called) only apply if you’re still a member?

I am having flashbacks to the RROD and I’m wondering whether I should get my series x from Costco.

Thrown in the towel? Is that what you call buying up a massive amount of studios? The games will come but it will take 2-3 years.

Thrown in the towel? Is that what you call buying up a massive amount of studios? The games will come but it will take 2-3 years.
For real. I think a lot of people forget gamepass is much better value then what is out there to. Sure you can play demon souls and Spiderman on ps5 but your paying $140 for two quality games vs 250+ to pick from.

After gamepass I've seen the light. I wish others would to.

The amount of studios Microsoft now has is going to show off crazy amount of games in the next few years. All the price of close to one retail game or so depending on the deals you find.

To be fair, I think he Bethesda games will come out on every platform and re-released in the next generation playforms too so the studio acquisition value comes down to this imo..new ip

It’s not just exclusivity that is important...it is first party new IP that happens to be exclusive.

Halo 68, Forza 29 and Gears 37 aren’t moving the needle at this point for me personally. AAA new ip...that is what I would like from Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo

I don’t want all of the originality, creativity, and risk taking to be relegated to indie games

For example, I remember how excited I was for Bioshock when it was first shown for the 360 or Bloodborne for the PS4...I’d like more of that excitement please

Eh, they bought up studios before X1 came out too and look how that turned out.

I've owned ever Xbox console since launch and IMO the 360 was the best, OG 2nd best (although XBL was revolutionary and paved the way for online gaming), and X1 is a distant third. And the only reason is because of the games.

The only game I've played on my XSX is Gears 5, an X1 game, and that is because I passed on it on X1 and had become bored of Gears games, but it does feel fresh since I skipped part 4 and hadn't played Gears since part 3 on 360.

I also have absolutely zero interest in Gamepass but can see the value in it to others.

Seems to me that Microsoft is buying studios to move towards subscription service like Netflix, but for games on multiplatform. Won't be surprised if they eventually abandoned hardware and go full subscription if gamepass really gain more traction later on.

Eh, they bought up studios before X1 came out too and look how that turned out.

I've owned ever Xbox console since launch and IMO the 360 was the best, OG 2nd best (although XBL was revolutionary and paved the way for online gaming), and X1 is a distant third. And the only reason is because of the games.

The only game I've played on my XSX is Gears 5, an X1 game, and that is because I passed on it on X1 and had become bored of Gears games, but it does feel fresh since I skipped part 4 and hadn't played Gears since part 3 on 360.

I also have absolutely zero interest in Gamepass but can see the value in it to others.
You're a Redskins fan, you obviously don't have great taste.

Seems to me that Microsoft is buying studios to move towards subscription service like Netflix, but for games on multiplatform. Won't be surprised if they eventually abandoned hardware and go full subscription if gamepass really gain more traction later on.
Yeah IMO it's pretty obvious this is the end goal of theirs. The Xbox Cloud gaming stuff is going to be their long term goal to work on a variety of hardware.

Or if they still do hardware, it will be like a really tiny light weight thin client that is basically only a box to stream their games on.

Once Xbox completely abandons hardware and goes strictly to streaming gaming only, that is when I will no longer support the brand.

Yeah that’s xCloud but I think they’ll keep hardware as well (maybe eventually combining the Xbox and Surface line).

I really want a Series X but will wait for Forza Horizon 5 since I play that series more than anything. A $400 disc less Series X would be perfect for me.

Any drops today? Its Monday
Hate to say it but I doubt anyone cares anymore. Christmas is over, the window to flip them has closed, and I -think- demand here has almost been satiated. I think for the most part people have quietly retreated to now instock alert sites if they're still trying to get one.

Nope, people still care or the scalpers do at least. A few drops the last couple of weeks, including the last few days have been scooped up just as quick as before.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I find it funny the amount of people that gush about Microsoft's hardware and software ecosystem. As great as that is we're going into another generation with Microsoft's same problem it's had for over a decade now: lack of exclusives. I don't even care if they're on PC also, Microsoft needs to start producing games like they did in the original Xbox days if they want to truly give Sony a run for their money.

(not a tit for tat argument, I'm a classic Sega kid. I go to where the games are, period!)
It will be really interesting to see what happens with this Bethesda acquisition.

At the very least, Microsoft will have some exclusivity with Elder Scrolls and Doom content.

At worst, PS players will be locked out from playing certain titles. But typically Microsoft is a friendly team player at playing ball, and likes to sell their titles on other platforms. You can't make Elder Scroll Xbox-only if only 25% of the potential customer pool is part of the Xbox install base.

Nope, people still care or the scalpers do at least. A few drops the last couple of weeks, including the last few days have been scooped up just as quick as before.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Not talking about demand in general, only the activity here.

It will be really interesting to see what happens with this Bethesda acquisition.

At the very least, Microsoft will have some exclusivity with Elder Scrolls and Doom content.

At worst, PS players will be locked out from playing certain titles. But typically Microsoft is a friendly team player at playing ball, and likes to sell their titles on other platforms. You can't make Elder Scroll Xbox-only if only 25% of the potential customer pool is part of the Xbox install base.
My bet is that the major titles end up becoming like 6-month timed exclusives, or something of that nature. I don't think MS will want to lock out PS players, but they'll definitely want to exploit their ownership to gain some advantage. Of course they can also release on Game Pass to promote the service.

Relax tough guy. Even the announcers sometimes forget.
Snark begets snark.

I don't tolerate much condescension or belittlement from new members or longtime lurkers. You flame someone, you might get flamed right back. This guy has been doing it since he joined.

Snark begets snark.

I don't tolerate much condescension or belittlement from new members or longtime lurkers. You flame someone, you might get flamed right back. This guy has been doing it since he joined.
You should take a break from the internet.

My bet is that the major titles end up becoming like 6-month timed exclusives, or something of that nature. I don't think MS will want to lock out PS players, but they'll definitely want to exploit their ownership to gain some advantage. Of course they can also release on Game Pass to promote the service.
Yeah, that sounds about right. It would be crazy if AAA Bethesda games like new Elder Scrolls went straight onto digital subscription though.

I can't imagine that developers would be very happy about that. Talent would slowly trickle out and then your acquisition becomes worthless. The same way that we're currently seeing director and production outrage over their movies going straight onto HBO MAX over at Warner Brothers. (see Wonder Woman 1984, Christopher Nolan, etc). It devalues your work plus there's corporate overlording and interference.

I personally think maybe a few titles at first will be time exclusives but after a few years they’ll be Xbox, game pass, and pc only outings. Personally I don’t care. I own the series x and ps5 for this reason. If theirs an exclusive I want, then I’m always covered.

Does Costco satisfaction guarantee (or whatever it’s called) only apply if you’re still a member?

I am having flashbacks to the RROD and I’m wondering whether I should get my series x from Costco.
The One X didn't have a warranty problem like the RROD so I wouldn't sweat the Series X.

Antonline has series S bundle for $440.
Extra controller 3 months gpu and forza horizon 4 digital code.
Lol why would you need the horizon 4 code if you have gpu? Weird bundle. Also this system isn’t that hard to find to justify a bundle.

Yeah, that sounds about right. It would be crazy if AAA Bethesda games like new Elder Scrolls went straight onto digital subscription though.

I can't imagine that developers would be very happy about that. Talent would slowly trickle out and then your acquisition becomes worthless. The same way that we're currently seeing director and production outrage over their movies going straight onto HBO MAX over at Warner Brothers. (see Wonder Woman 1984, Christopher Nolan, etc). It devalues your work plus there's corporate overlording and interference.
Well, Bethesda will soon be owned by MS so with that as their employer and job security guaranteed--I don't really see them giving a shit lol. Hollywood is a far different animal in terms of projects being greenlit and how much money is necessary to recoup costs.

It was also shell-shocking how things evolved rapidly and have probably changed forever at this point. I don't think we're far from a curtain call for theaters quite honestly.

Looks like Microsoft is looking to potentially add haptic feedback and adaptive trigger to their controller later. Pretty sure these features will be the norm going forward for all controllers.

Looks like Microsoft is looking to potentially add haptic feedback and adaptive trigger to their controller later. Pretty sure these features will be the norm going forward for all controllers.
That’s a total Microsoft move! They’re the definition of a second mover. I’m sure their implementation will be great. The Xbox ones triggers were ahead of their time. Sony did a better job implanting but I’m sure ms will do a great job as well. I saw this happening. Xbox is still great though. I like my system.

That’s a total Microsoft move! They’re the definition of a second mover. I’m sure their implementation will be great. The Xbox ones triggers were ahead of their time. Sony did a better job implanting but I’m sure ms will do a great job as well. I saw this happening. Xbox is still great though. I like my system.
Good for you. Not sure why you have to mentioned, Xbox is still great though. There is nothing negative about adapting innovated technology to your product nor is this suppose to make you dislike the Xbox brand.

All controllers have in the past adopted technology from their competitors and will continue to do so.

Guessing this is based on recent discoveries of the patents from a few years ago? Maybe waiting to release new controllers to minimize profit loss on the new systems.

Good for you. Not sure why you have to mentioned, Xbox is still great though. There is nothing negative about adapting innovated technology to your product nor is this suppose to make you dislike the Xbox brand.

All controllers have in the past adopted technology from their competitors and will continue to do so.
F-off I’ll say whatever I want to say.

Yep. I saw a Sony fanboy talking shit about MS potentially copying the DualSense and how they should come up with their own stuff, and they didn't have a reply after I mentioned Nintendo had analog sticks and rumble before Sony ever did. And I'm sure Nintendo probably wasn't the first to have those either, but they did popularize them.

Way to show that you can have a civil conversation online for something that is very mundane and no way personal at all.
It’s not a civil conversation when you’re over analyzing everything someone says. I also live in a free country and am allowed to express an opinion/thought. You know what I do when I don’t like what someone says...I ignore it.

Yep. I saw a Sony fanboy talking shit about MS potentially copying the DualSense and how they should come up with their own stuff, and they didn't have a reply after I mentioned Nintendo had analog sticks and rumble before Sony ever did. And I'm sure Nintendo probably wasn't the first to have those either, but they did popularize them.

Pretty sure gyro was also implemented in the PS controller after the Wii initial success too. I think the adaptive trigger will be great for Forza and the hepatic feedback.

It’s not a civil conversation when you’re over analyzing everything someone says. I also live in a free country and am allowed to express an opinion/thought. You know what I do when I don’t like what someone says...I ignore it.
Relax, still have no clue why you are taking this so personal. I'm also pretty sure you don't practice what you preach when you told me to f-off.

Relax, still have no clue why you are taking this so personal. I'm also pretty sure you don't practice what you preach when you told me to f-off.

Sony's new controller is excellent.  But MS has done the better job of pushing the industry forward during the last few years.  Namely with Smart Delivery but also Game Pass to a lesser extent. 

Thankfully the guy in second place usually takes up the reins of innovation. Because the market leader tends to get conceited and complacent with their business decisions.  Now we have backwards compatibility on PS5.   

Sony's new controller is excellent. But MS has done the better job of pushing the industry forward during the last few years. Namely with Smart Delivery but also Game Pass to a lesser extent.

Thankfully the guy in second place usually takes up the reins of innovation. Because the market leader tends to get conceited and complacent with their business decisions. Now we have backwards compatibility on PS5.
Microsoft has the best (most comfortable?) controller. That is probably the biggest reason I still prefer M$. That and Gamepass is fantastic currently. Though I don't have any experience with the Sony equivalent so I can't comment on how it is. I do buy a few exclusive game on PS4, but just don't like their controller as much.

F-off I’ll say whatever I want to say.
You know what I do when I don’t like what someone says...I ignore it.
p4VJHkd.jpg

bread's done
Back