Xbox Series S - $299.99

Amazon

Best Buy

GameStop

Microsoft Store

Target

Walmart

Wario64 wrote on Twitter:

some numbers I heard for GameStop per-store allocations for Xbox Series preorders:
Series X - 6-12 per store
Series S - 2-4 per store— Wario64 (@Wario64) September 21, 2020

Stores may also have a Microsoft financing program available called XBox All Access: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-all-access#findaretailer

Last edited by a moderator:
how reliable are target pre-orders (on a normal year) ?

really want to use bestbuy rewards, but may stick with target (since can't get bestbuy now anyway)

MS store has been completely dead for the last 10 minutes on my end. I just get a white screen saying "An error occurred while processing your request. Reference #97.91dedd58.1600788741.223a194".

Finally got the standalone Series X through the MS store. I was even able to use $400 of Microsoft credit.

It wouldn’t really load for me, so I tried in an incognito window and that seemed to really help.

Got one through the MS store. All the All Access bundles seem DOA.  I'm refreshing BB right now in hopes to snag one using that instead of the full payment option.

Can’t even access the page to order on Microsoft.com ... had three options available to preorder (Xbox, phone, PC) and all have failed ... Microsoft doesn’t have a leg to stand on when they were giving Sony a hard time.

I can’t get my Target order to go through. I wanted it from there to save $50 but it won’t :( I did get one from Microsoft though.

EDIT: Apparently it went through??? It’s in my completed purchases

I got charged for the full amount on my card, not sure if it will fall off or not.
Thank you for the heads up. I looked and I also got charged the full amount. Haven't done a preorder at the PX/BX so wasn't sure if they are like Best Buy and fall off later.

well i never got a successful order message from target, i did just get an order confirmation so i guess i got mine!  maybe...

Got an order through with MS. Would rather get one with Best Buy since I have a lot of certificate money with them, but at least I got one.

Well same as a lot of people on here, I THINK I got an order through at Target. I never saw a confirmation page of the order being placed online, but I did get a confirmation email and it does show up as a preorder on the website now. Kinda weird. 

Finally got a Target order through for $475!  Had a window open on edge, chrome, and the app.  Chrome went through finally although it didn't give me a confirmation, just an extra long loading circle and then an empty cart screen.  Checked purchase history and it's on there.

Good luck to everybody else.

Ditto the above advice on Target. Success! Took at least 10 failed "Place Order" - even then, I only got the confirmation via e-mail and not through the app.

I ended up with a Gamestop in-store order for the PS5 disc edition & a Series X from Target. If Target comes through, I will have spent over a $1k to play games I can already play!

Best Buy asleep at the wheel as always.

I noticed my billing address at Microsoft is wrong. Any way to edit that after the fact? Hoping my Target order will stick but it’s always good to have a backup.

I love my xbox, but the PS5 sony order queue was WAY better than this crap.  Invite or not, that's how MS should've set up their store.

At least Microsoft kept their word, even if I couldn't get a console, at least I had a shot.
That’s not what I’m saying, I’m saying people perceived having a specific date automatically meant it would be a lot easier. It just means everyone will crash everything faster.

Got my Target preorder in, hopefully there are no issues.

I wonder if at this moment the production for preorders is way less than PS5, the local GameStop has 16 PS5s (which is really low number) and only 5 Series X consoles.

I was able to get one at MS store and Walmart. Need to find 2 more for my friends. Target's been horrible, still waiting in GS queue. 

Had an easier time with the PS5s since they went up at different times.

bread's done
Back