Xbox Series S - $299.99

Amazon

Best Buy

GameStop

Microsoft Store

Target

Walmart

Wario64 wrote on Twitter:

some numbers I heard for GameStop per-store allocations for Xbox Series preorders:
Series X - 6-12 per store
Series S - 2-4 per store— Wario64 (@Wario64) September 21, 2020

Stores may also have a Microsoft financing program available called XBox All Access: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-all-access#findaretailer

Last edited by a moderator:
Have they ever mentioned how cross-gen co-op play would work? Maybe it has always been this way and I've never had to think about it before, but say for Far Cry 6 one of us was on XSX and the other on X1X: there are no server restrictions here right? Just P2P smooth-sailing?
Prolly just the same as playing OG X1 with X1X. The new consoles have a way to show which version of a game to play but still on the same ecosystem so it all works together. Same way xcloud works with consoles. That's why the UI will stay the same. The Series consoles are just better Xbox one systems with exclusives. :)

Prolly just the same as playing OG X1 with X1X. The new consoles have a way to show which version of a game to play but still on the same ecosystem so it all works together. Same way xcloud works with consoles. That's why the UI will stay the same. The Series consoles are just better Xbox one systems with exclusives. :)
Yet another reason M$ is ahead of the game on this new generation launch, cross platform saves should be the norm going forward!

xbox wins again with cross platform saves compatibility!      and backwards compat makes improvements.    so far, sony ps5 bc is "as is" ps4 and ps4 pro performance

Holy sh!t, I just won an Xbox Series X from Taco Bell! I was going to cancel my Target preorder and save $475 but now my son thinks he gets one. Plus it looks like they don't ship prizes until a month or two after the contest ends so Jan or Feb. First world problems.
Congrats

As with PS5,any hope of GameStop getting more units by year's end or lost cause at this point? Was hoping to trade in my Scorpio One X but not likely

Wait, they said save files for games save across platforms?  But I'm assuming you would have to be playing the same version of the game.

And I'm not talking about xCloud.  I'm talking about actual games you are playing your console and not streaming the game to your console.

Wait, they said save files for games save across platforms? But I'm assuming you would have to be playing the same version of the game.

And I'm not talking about xCloud. I'm talking about actual games you are playing your console and not streaming the game to your console.
I'd say so but each title varies to an extent

Wait, they said save files for games save across platforms? But I'm assuming you would have to be playing the same version of the game.

And I'm not talking about xCloud. I'm talking about actual games you are playing your console and not streaming the game to your console.
PS4 saves will work just fine on PS5 as long as you aren't upgrading the game. Spider-Man PS4 saves won't work with Spider-Man Remastered (similar to Witcher 3 saves not being compatible with Witcher 3 GOTY) and the free upgrade to Yakuza Like a Dragon won't be able to use a PS4 save.

No word on any others but apparently there is an issue with saves that only some devs are going take the time to figure out. Sony just considers SMR a new game and Sega didn't want to come up with a solution.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/gamestop-and-microsoft-enter-multi-year-partnership-ahead-of-xbox-series-x-launch/1100-6483126/

And yet ANOTHER reasom M$ is taking this NEXT GENERATION launch to a whole new level, they've now partnered with GameStop (wouldn't be surprised if they purchased them at some point down the road)!
That's for backend software, like their POS and website. They're investing in a store experience refresh which -could- have ties to digital sales of games, game pass, etc. What I would love to see is the ability to 'trade' digital games in for MS credit where the license is simply removed from your account and you no longer own it. THAT would be something interesting, but not really sure how it would benefit GameStop.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/gamestop-and-microsoft-enter-multi-year-partnership-ahead-of-xbox-series-x-launch/1100-6483126/

And yet ANOTHER reasom M$ is taking this NEXT GENERATION launch to a whole new level, they've now partnered with GameStop (wouldn't be surprised if they purchased them at some point down the road)!
This is honestly a huge negative for most people on this site I think. The reason GameStop is so great is because they’re so unbelievably ignorant of their own system and so easy to take advantage of on trade deals and shopping. This last month you could buy most of their games for half the price they were trading in for. I paid off my Xbox one with $220 spent. And honestly, I don’t want someone in a white shirt asking me I need to upgrade my laptop or when does my game pass expire. That’s just me though.

This is honestly a huge negative for most people on this site I think. The reason GameStop is so great is because they’re so unbelievably ignorant of their own system and so easy to take advantage of on trade deals and shopping. This last month you could buy most of their games for half the price they were trading in for. I paid off my Xbox one with $220 spent. And honestly, I don’t want someone in a white shirt asking me I need to upgrade my laptop or when does my game pass expire. That’s just me though.
Irrelevant. If they don’t fix their core business there will be no store to exploit and will have you asking why they didn’t do more to save a failing business so you could save money.

Irrelevant. If they don’t fix their core business there will be no store to exploit and will have you asking why they didn’t do more to save a failing business so you could save money.
Agreed! GS has been bleeding business for a while now so anything that keeps them alive i am okay with (used games are hard to come by where i live, we had 1 Mom&Pop store that had been around 31 years that closed permanently due to COVID) & it doesn't hurt they're partnering with the next generation console i own!

I’m going to cancel my target preorder bc I don’t really need the series X until halo comes out. Does anyone know how long target takes after I cancel mine to make one available? I’d like to try to help any CAG member out that needs it if we can time it right.

I’m going to cancel my target preorder bc I don’t really need the series X until halo comes out. Does anyone know how long target takes after I cancel mine to make one available? I’d like to try to help any CAG member out that needs it if we can time it right.
I’ll buy your pre-order if you want to ship it my way.

What do you mean?
Probably means if you cancel the preorder, a bot or reseller likely picks it up.

Best way to help someone out is to give them the preorder or buy it and then sell it to them. Could always give a gift receipt too.

I may have an extra X and will be doing that (it i so have the extra one).

Probably means if you cancel the preorder, a bot or reseller likely picks it up.

Best way to help someone out is to give them the preorder or buy it and then sell it to them. Could always give a gift receipt too.

I may have an extra X and will be doing that (it i so have the extra one).
I’ve been trying to get a preorder for a while, but always just miss. I’ll buy either of yours. I can roll with Zelle or PayPal.

I also just simply don't think things work that way. I mean I guess it's within reason to think that "hey if I cancel then it opens it back up" but I just think it goes in limbo and that the pre-order button doesn't just magically light up as soon as one is cancelled. I think they wait until they have a certain amount allotted before enabling the link to preorder.

It's already been said but yeah, keeping existing orders and selling at cost out of pocket ensures that somebody who actually wants one gets one.

I maybe be getting an opportunity to get an X right from MS because I opened All Access and no console this is TBD, Otherwise I do have a console preordered at Gamestop...    How would you go about selling it to a CAG? 

From CAG Twitter, Amazon Prime Rewards and Amazon Prime Store Card holders can get 25% back in rewards on digital gaming cards, including Xbox Gift Cards, PlayStation Store Cards, Nintendo eShop Cards, online memberships/game pass ultimate.

Each item has a quantity limit of 2, but there are lots of permutations, especially for Xbox (ie, $100, $60, $50..) you could easily get to $500 by mixing 2 of several types.

Use the Xbox cards at Microsoft Store orders for Xbox Series S|X, and effectively get 25% off :D I'm not sure how the process of changing payment methods to gift cards goes (I bought my preorder with gift cards I got on sale already, going to use the rest for games, charge kit, and maybe the seagate expansion) but I saw some people discussing it earlier in the thread and it seems possible? No limit that I see in the terms anywhere?

https://www.amazon.com/l/17985366011/ref=s9_acss_bw_cg_pcbpd202_1a1_w?tag=cheapassgam08-20&ascsubtag=0dea962c0c9711eb8a4312b6eb2019a40INT&offerId=pcb-LWDUX741AA&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-7&pf_rd_r=P1MD3EZPV8F090AQJ82A&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=da17e58a-ff1c-444b-b784-aae2a1bfc198&pf_rd_i=17934980011

From CAG Twitter, Amazon Prime Rewards and Amazon Prime Store Card holders can get 25% back in rewards on digital gaming cards, including Xbox Gift Cards, PlayStation Store Cards, Nintendo eShop Cards, online memberships/game pass ultimate.

Each item has a quantity limit of 2, but there are lots of permutations, especially for Xbox (ie, $100, $60, $50..) you could easily get to $500 by mixing 2 of several types.

Use the Xbox cards at Microsoft Store orders for Xbox Series S|X, and effectively get 25% off :D I'm not sure how the process of changing payment methods to gift cards goes (I bought my preorder with gift cards I got on sale already, going to use the rest for games, charge kit, and maybe the seagate expansion) but I saw some people discussing it earlier in the thread and it seems possible? No limit that I see in the terms anywhere?

https://www.amazon.com/l/17985366011/ref=s9_acss_bw_cg_pcbpd202_1a1_w?tag=cheapassgam08-20&ascsubtag=0dea962c0c9711eb8a4312b6eb2019a40INT&offerId=pcb-LWDUX741AA&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-7&pf_rd_r=P1MD3EZPV8F090AQJ82A&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=da17e58a-ff1c-444b-b784-aae2a1bfc198&pf_rd_i=17934980011
Just saw this as well. Will use it to buy a launch game or 2.

Anyone know if it’s one time use?

Tempted to get $500 in XB cards and then change payment on my MS store preorder to get the Series X at a discount but I’d sure love to hear from someone else who did that successfully before I potentially shell out an extra $500 or screw up my preorder.

Tempted to get $500 in XB cards and then change payment on my MS store preorder to get the Series X at a discount but I’d sure love to hear from someone else who did that successfully before I potentially shell out an extra $500 or screw up my preorder.
It does not allow you to change payment method to Microsoft Balance - only to another credit card. Someone said you could possibly do so via chat/phone but that may be risky to cancelation.

I'm having some trouble getting my order to go through, bought a bunch of Xbox, PlayStation, and Nintendo gift cards but Amazon only sent me one and then said they believed someone unauthorized had accessed my account so now I have to wait two hours before I can log back in and they're going to cancel all pending orders. Thanks Amazon.

It does not allow you to change payment method to Microsoft Balance - only to another credit card. Someone said you could possibly do so via chat/phone but that may be risky to cancelation.
Perfect. That’s what I needed to know. I’ll leave my order as-is then and just get whatever MS Rewards points $540 is worth.

Can't say I'd recommend trying to get hundreds of dollars of Xbox gift cards from the Amazon promotion. First time it locked my account. I was able to restore it through automated processes and reset my password after an hour or so.

Then it locked again on the next attempt which I foolishly thought would work after I had verified the account. This time, it said I would have to contact customer support to unlock it. I did, and after some verification questions it was unlocked and they told me to try the order again while I was on the phone.

This failed and it locked again, the rep told me that now he couldn't unlock it and only another team would be able to, so he filled out a form and passed it on. May take two business days, but in the meantime Amazon account is completely locked. :p

So yeah, if it doesn't work the first time maybe don't poke the bear like I did. :3

So if I have an Xbox series x preorder that I no longer want, how would you go about selling it to a CAG? Or is it easier/safer just to cancel?
Requires a lot of trust, but depending where you bought it from, you’d be changing shipping address and working out payment directly.

Yeah I would check their rep on here but it goes both ways. I would say initially show them proof of the initial order and then have them PayPal/Venmo/whatever you the money. If you're able to simply update the shipping address that makes things super easy.

On something like this I'd only be willing to meet up with a local CAG. Give them the system, the receipt, get cash so it's all over and done with. No shipping, no cards or electronic payments, etc.

On something like this I'd only be willing to meet up with a local CAG. Give them the system, the receipt, get cash so it's all over and done with. No shipping, no cards or electronic payments, etc.
That’s definitely the way to do it, especially with a receipt. If I wind up having an extra Series X (I should) I’ll be doing just that. Local only.

Edit: or trading for a ps5 if that scenario were to happen. Still need to get one of those big guys.

I got my X1X from MS store maybe 2 weeks after launch thanks to a 20% off deal at a gas station, 400 oop vs 500 definitely helps.

Seems these are making their way to warehouses now!

xbox-series-x-retail.jpeg

Maybe I've just heard too many horror stories of local FB and Craigslist transactions to ever want to do something involving a big ticket item in person. Hell no lol

This too. I’m in Orange County if anyone is local with an extra or had cold feet. :)

Maybe I've just heard too many horror stories of local FB and Craigslist transactions to ever want to do something involving a big ticket item in person. Hell no lol
I use offerup and it's pretty easy to tell who is a genuine buyer and who isn't. There's a rating system and other things in place that make it pretty easy. I've sold an xbox one x and switch lite in the last couple weeks and both were the easiest sales of my life. But I get it, it only takes one bad experience to get burned.

Common sense safety stuff usually works fine. A well lit public place; a lot of people like to meet at the local police station. Take a counterfeit pen and check bills. When I sold my Hulk 181 we met outside the bank and the guy ran in, withdrew his cash, and handed me the receipt and money all still in the Wells Fargo envelope. I take pictures of their license plate and on big ticket items I ask for their ID and offer mine.

When I sold an arcade cabinet I had them come to my house. I make sure not to put the dogs up until they got here so they heard them barking, then I made small talk alluding to my work (I'm sure it helps if you are, like I have my badge next to my ID but just dropping the hint works too), like "sorry I didn't get back to you as quickly as I'd have liked, we had an arrest at the end of the day that took a while", and generally try to make my house less appealing as a target. Maybe talk about how the whole neighborhood is installing ring doorbells and cameras.

Probably most important is just if it doesn't feel right, then leave.

I use offerup and it's pretty easy to tell who is a genuine buyer and who isn't. There's a rating system and other things in place that make it pretty easy. I've sold an xbox one x and switch lite in the last couple weeks and both were the easiest sales of my life. But I get it, it only takes one bad experience to get burned.
I'm not familiar with Offerup so I loaded up the site and searched for Xbox just to see what was on there. This was the first result:

p85PsAp.png

This seems like a deal!! I'm extremely excited to get an Xbox One Z! It has a terbit!!

For those who are thinking about going to Sam's Club to try and look for next-gen consoles...

http://imgur.com/a/JosdpfK

Next-gen consoles won't be sold in-club.

bread's done
Back