Xbox Series S - $299.99

Amazon

Best Buy

GameStop

Microsoft Store

Target

Walmart

Wario64 wrote on Twitter:

some numbers I heard for GameStop per-store allocations for Xbox Series preorders:
Series X - 6-12 per store
Series S - 2-4 per store— Wario64 (@Wario64) September 21, 2020

Stores may also have a Microsoft financing program available called XBox All Access: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-all-access#findaretailer

Last edited by a moderator:
Had an S and extra controller ($45) in my cart but abandoned it. I just can’t pay retail price for a standard edition console. Why didn’t they do something special for launch units?

Same problem for me. It will say it has one for pickup but when I try to checkout it says its not available at that store. I've tried multiple stores and the same thing happens every time.

X had me wait in a line on the website and immediately sold out. Is this really anyway to stop against bots?

Edit: Got to checkout and it asks for a BB location or to go to payment, but it kept giving me an error and said ono BB within 250mi, even though it showed my regular BB address.

So confused.

Was hoping that now that Microsoft has partnered with Gamestop, Gamestop would be able to handle more xbox orders.
Don't think GS is anywhere close to being partnered with M$ yet but once they are i read GS with earn a % of M$ digital sales. Probably purchases exclusively via GS Stores/Website (random M$ info guy STRIKES AGAIN )!

Wish Amazon would give me an update on if my console will get here on launch date or if it will be delayed (still no definitive date). I mean it's not the end of the world if I have to wait a bit for it, I just want to know for delivery purposes because it's a $500 console, don't want it stolen or something.

By rumors do you mean some dude on Twitter with an anime pic as his avatar? lol
I watched a couple YouTube videos over the last few years and have thus become an expert of random M$ info!

Was just reading that after M$ Flight Sim was datamined they found code for VR in SERIES X/S! That's 1 thing PS5 has that i'd love on my shinny new XSX that'll be at my door in a couple of weeks WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Can't wait!!

Is the Seagate 1tb expansion card worth it? I can get it for $65 after gift cards and savings.
Do you have an Xbox One X / One S opted into One X file sizes? What is your current usage like on that system if so? My One S is 2TB and I float a little above 1TB with stuff I always leave on and delete/reinstall things as it gets full, so if I want to keep those and also want to install new games I figured it might be worth it using a 10% off coupon I had.

For what you get the price isn't awful. It's a little high, but the question is mostly if you want to spend that much just to move games around less (if you already have an external drive you could use). Personally I don't have a spare, so I'd rather get this card than get an external/enclosure and have to move stuff.

If you stick to a handful of games at a time you could just get an external HDD / SSD and move things back and forth instead and save a few bucks, use those gift cards on something else, etc.

I did watch an Xbox video (Inside Xbox or their podcast, can't recall - they had the epic beard guy, Jason Ronald, that worked on the storage talk some). They said there will be more options available later, this is just because they wanted to have something at launch. So you could also wait it out and see what comes out later and if the prices get better with competition, etc.

If you need the space and can get it discounted/low out of pocket cost, I don't see why not.

Is the Seagate 1tb expansion card worth it? I can get it for $65 after gift cards and savings.
Me personally, I am going to wait until I fill up the 1TB SSD with Series X titles before I go looking for an expansion. I hope by the time I need one the price drops a lot, or at the very least a 2-4TB option is available.

It really depends on how many games you play during a given period. You can store them on an external USB drive and just move them to the internal when you want to play them. I'm leaning towards waiting until they release larger capacity cards.

Me personally, I am going to wait until I fill up the 1TB SSD with Series X titles before I go looking for an expansion. I hope by the time I need one the price drops a lot, or at the very least a 2-4TB option is available.
Same!

Plus i will still run some favs on my current X1S like Destiny 2, Doom Eternal, F13, etc & then put the games with 4K upgrades like Halo Infinite, FREE Bethesda (like STARFIELD/ELDER SCROLLS 6) & GOW on the new XSX.

I would say no unless you absolutely know you will be using more than 1 TB worth of space at all times. Don't forget you can still run Xbox One, 360 and original Xbox games from an external and store Series X games on an external until you need them. Me personally would go for a few TB external at this point external USB HD and then get an expansion card later when it's much cheaper.

Do you need 800 GB of next-gen storage, or 1700 GB of next-gen storage? This depends on your gaming habits and tolerance for shuffling games around between internal and external storage.

Plus i will still run some favs on my current X1S like Destiny 2, Doom Eternal, F13, etc & then put the games with 4K upgrades like Halo Infinite, FREE Bethesda (like STARFIELD/ELDER SCROLLS 6) & GOW on the new XSX.
Hilarious.

By the time ES6 and Starfield are out at the end of this generation, this storage will be 90% cheaper!

Hilarious.

By the time ES6 and Starfield are out at the end of this generation, this storage will be 90% cheaper!
End of this generation? Like 7-10 years from now?? LOOKS LIKE WE HAVE A BETHESDA DEV IN THE FORUM, ROFL. But in all seriousness yes why over pay for storage until you need it!

End of this generation? Like 7-10 years from now?? LOOKS LIKE WE HAVE A BETHESDA DEV IN THE FORUM, ROFL. But in all seriousness yes why over pay for storage until you need it!
Sweet baby Jesus. It was a Joke. Ya know.....about Bethesda taking forever to develop a title.

CoD Cold War digital for XBOX for $49 w/ CODE.

You can upgrade to next gen for $10. Game is $70 on release for NEXT GEN (Nov. 13, or a week before Cyberpunk).

Activision upgrade is really wacky. You cannot upgrade physical version of current gen xbox to next gen, but you can if you get digital. fwiw.

https://www.newegg.com/activision-call-of-duty-black-ops-cold-war-standard-edition-xbox-one/p/N82E16832701044?nm_mc=AFC-RAN-COM&cm_mmc=AFC-RAN-COM&utm_medium=affiliates&utm_source=afc-Twitter&AFFID=2949699&AFFNAME=Twitter&ACRID=15962827816&ASUBID=&ASID=https%3A%2F%2Ft.co%2FbLkcRxH310%3Famp%3D1&ranMID=44583&ranEAID=2949699&ranSiteID=0wLgH49VWzI-K4OMdCxcSYbFsofqJCTHTg

Obviously your comment was a joke, but your joke also makes it look like you took their comment seriously, and that's why you replied with your rude sarcastic jab about them being a dev.
So you spent a lot of time thinking about this ROFL!

I doubt she was trying to make a joke since there were no LOLs or ROFL but since i did put a ROFL in there then i was clearly joking and not rude LOL! <geez, how many losers do i need to block around here ROFL>

JK, JK! <Just Kidding>

So you spent a lot of time thinking about this ROFL!

I doubt she was trying to make a joke since there were no LOLs or ROFL but since i did put a ROFL in there then i was clearly joking and not rude LOL! <geez, how many losers do i need to block around here ROFL>

JK, JK! <Just Kidding>
Anyone with an IQ over 63 could tell my original post was a sarcastic joke referencing how long it takes Bethesda to release titles because you referenced starfield and elder scrolls.

You clearly don’t fall into this category. Let me help you. LOL ROFL HAHA SMILEY EMOJI

Clear enough for you? Good Lord.

Who knows ... to all of it 😎. But if I were to speculate on scoring a PS5 or Series X on day one, I would say -

Target - We know they won’t have any stock in-store at launch according to a few sources I’ve seen.

GameStop - Maybe but with all their usual pre-order BS, I wouldn’t count on it.

Walmart - Maybe. If you have a Walmart that stays open til midnight or 24 HRs (not sure any of them do anymore) then it might be worth going at 11:30 the day before launch.

Best Buy - Also maybe, probably your best bet. If I were looking for a console, I’d go the day before and ask an associate if they’ll have any in stock. Guys on the floor are usually pretty helpful. There might already be a line of campers ... if camping is banned, then I would show up between 7-8 am on launch day, assuming the store open at 10. Show up at 6 am if you really really want one and have already confirmed stock.

But who knows, supposedly stock is scarce this year so it could be hard to guarantee a console but then maybe some areas will allow you to walk right in and grab one. In the olden days, we camped out overnight for Wii’s. I’ve always found it’s easier to get something at launch than it is to wait for restocks, because you have to compete with rabid Christmas shopping parents who didn’t know about launch day.

Good luck.

Yeah, in a weird twist I’ll actually need an extra XSX for the wife. I had planned on giving her a PS5 but more and more it just makes sense to give her an Xbox since we share Game Pass. Thought I had this covered and didn’t make the backup XSX order I should have.  :bomb:

Yeah, in a weird twist I’ll actually need an extra XSX for the wife. I had planned on giving her a PS5 but more and more it just makes sense to give her an Xbox since we share Game Pass. Thought I had this covered and didn’t make the backup XSX order I should have. :bomb:
Where you at? A couple people on here have extra XSX preorders. Myself included. And I’d like to try and get a ps5.

bread's done
Back