Xbox Series S - $299.99

Amazon

Best Buy

GameStop

Microsoft Store

Target

Walmart

Wario64 wrote on Twitter:

some numbers I heard for GameStop per-store allocations for Xbox Series preorders:
Series X - 6-12 per store
Series S - 2-4 per store— Wario64 (@Wario64) September 21, 2020

Stores may also have a Microsoft financing program available called XBox All Access: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-all-access#findaretailer

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone buying the charger packs for their series x
I am buying a play and charge kit. Since I will be using the controller for PC as well as Console, it's much easier for me have the play and charge kit so I can charge up my controller while playing on PC since I use the usb cable to connect to PC.

I hope the Play and Charge kits are better on Series X then they were on Xbox One. I went through so many and the charging port for the Xbox One controller was so sensitive and would have trouble charging using the cable, imo it just sucked.

xbox series x, cross your fingers on the back compat for xbox one titles to get:   2x, 3x, 4x or 8x resolution multipliers automatic!     Should be easy to implement and work like a charm for the XSX, i hope the back compat team will get this implemented!     imagine how much fun you could have!   

I hope the Play and Charge kits are better on Series X then they were on Xbox One. I went through so many and the charging port for the Xbox One controller was so sensitive and would have trouble charging using the cable, imo it just sucked.
are the old ones compatible with the new controller?

Amazon updated my Series X order, before they sent me an email saying it could be delayed etc. Now it shows in recent orders and says delivery November 10th by 8pm. Alexa also says the order now and before when I asked the order wasn't on there.

Funny thing is Alexa confuses the X in Series X and calls it a Series Ten. lol

Amazon updated my Series X order, before they sent me an email saying it could be delayed etc. Now it shows in recent orders and says delivery November 10th by 8pm. Alexa also says the order now and before when I asked the order wasn't on there.

Funny thing is Alexa confuses the X in Series X and calls it a Series Ten. lol
Nice to hear. My xbox and PS5 orders haven't updated yet.

Now with Phil saying today to expect these to be OOS for months, gonna really have to vigilant around launch day for an extra X. They weren’t expecting this level of demand to which I’d say well done.  :applause:

I went through it for fun. Looks like the total would have been $569.42 shipped with estimated delivery between Dec 5th - 8th. I'm not gonna pull the trigger though.
I saw that too, people in wario64's feed say they use DHL and they most likely would get here sooner. Still $569 is better than ebay prices if they stay sold out. I have one from Amazon US, but figure others may want to try.

Did anyone schedule an appointment at Best Buy for pickup and get an email confirming the appointment? I scheduled one, but didn’t write down the confirmation figuring they would email it to me, but nothing ever came.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't even gotten an email giving me the chance to schedule an appointment. Had to check my order to make sure it was cancelled without any warning. Thankfully it wasn't.

Did anyone schedule an appointment at Best Buy for pickup and get an email confirming the appointment? I scheduled one, but didn’t write down the confirmation figuring they would email it to me, but nothing ever came.
Yes, I did schedule an appointment and got no email confirmation either, but I did save the confirmation code from the appointment page and it shows up in their mobile app when you search for it under the Service Appointments section, so I am hoping is all good.

Yes, I did schedule an appointment and got no email confirmation either, but I did save the confirmation code from the appointment page and it shows up in their mobile app when you search for it under the Service Appointments section, so I am hoping is all good.
Thanks, I feel dumb for not saving the confirmation, I guess I’ll show up at the time I picked and hopefully all goes well. Worst case is I have to find something to do for 2 hours until they open normally if the appointment didn’t hold.

Just an FYI, Gears Tactics will be $29.99 at Best Buy Black Friday.

I have my preorder paid off with credit at GameStop, looks like it’s just going to be Call of Duty for me until then (and a lot of BC games I want to finally play) on the new system.

It definitely feels like most retailers are either holding back stock or being told to hold back stock for release date and forward. Seems like the only times any systems have been available is that time when pre-authorizations are renewed and inevitably they fail for some.

Need that XSX to show up soon because my X1X died today and MS only does same system repairs now. I'm almost tempted to hold out for a bit and see if I can turn it into a 2nd XSX. Oh, and on top of it only being a year old, it also has an extra 3-year coverage on it from a place that I can't even bring it to anymore.

I asked the local GS today if they were expecting additional Series S and X units for launch day and was told "probably not". Obviously grain of salt, but that's what I got.

I asked the local GS today if they were expecting additional Series S and X units for launch day and was told "probably not". Obviously grain of salt, but that's what I got.
My store said they sold "a lot more" PS5s than Series X. I thought PS5 had a bit of a shortage going on. They are both sold out, so I was curious on if some stores got more than others. He did brag a lot about PS4 stuff being his best sellers, so I am not sure if he was trying to sell me on PS5 or being honest. /shrug

I saw that too, people in wario64's feed say they use DHL and they most likely would get here sooner. Still $569 is better than ebay prices if they stay sold out. I have one from Amazon US, but figure others may want to try.
It says my address isn't valid. I tried home and work addresses, both mainland USA. I had a Core Grafx mini system shipped from Amazon JP no problem a few months ago on the same account. How do I choose DHL shipping?

Does anyone know when the Microsoft Store would charge me for my Preorder?
I was charged today.

Funny story, I called Microsoft when preorders were live they said all the glitchy system that my order didn't go thru. So I didn't think I had one. All my Microsoft cash was still in my account. I woke up today, and it said Microsoft charged my credit card. I was like wtf. When I called the operator said my sale didn't go thru he was sorry. And they are out of stock nothing he could do. But it did go thru and glad I was able to get one using all my credit.

So what's the better option? Eneloops or Play and Charge kits? I remember the Play and Charge kits on the 360 being of poor quality and the third party kits being completely worthless whereas the Eneloops last for years and they don't really "break", they just get worn out. Is that still the case?
I've been using Eneloops (now using the AmazonBasics version) since the 360 era and they have been nothing but great. I don't see the point in investing in a proprietary rechargeable pack when I can use the Eneloops in anything. I have no idea what the quality of the current charge packs are.

Any recommendations as to the best / cheapest way to pick up a year or two of GPU? Returning to the Xbox fold in less than two weeks!
Best Buy will have 3 month ultimate cards for $22 on BF. Half price.

If you are a new subscriber to game pass you could convert 3 years of live to 3 years of game pass for $1. Not sure if they are still running this.

I’m officially going to have an extra Xbox series preorder. Either an X or an S. I’m leaning towards keeping the X for me, so most likely going to have the S as an extra.

I need a PS5 with disk drive. Ideal would be a trade and I pay the difference, otherwise will sell the S with a Best Buy gift receipt for face value.

Central Jersey.

Best Buy will have 3 month ultimate cards for $22 on BF. Half price.

If you are a new subscriber to game pass you could convert 3 years of live to 3 years of game pass for $1. Not sure if they are still running this.
Wow that’s great. Thanks for flagging. And those 3 month cards can be stacked up to a total of 3 years?

Does anyone know when the Microsoft Store would charge me for my Preorder?
Between the 2nd and the 10th. Some are getting charged early. I want them to go ahead and take my money. I don't like the suspense! The pre-order originally said 10 days before release which is today or tomorrow.

So I don't know if anyone else has discussed this but a couple days ago best buy sent me an email to schedule a pick up time to get my series X before store opening to help speed up the process and keep crowds down

Just got a call from my local right now wanting to verify if I was planning on purchasing anything else at pickup so they could put it with my order now. Also told me I had the first time slot so I would be the first to one to get my console at this store as long as I showed up on time and to just ignore any crazy line outside and just walk up and tell them I have an appointment and have my order number and ID ready. So that's cool.

Also clearly my best buy will not be doing a midnight release since my pick up time is 6am. Not sure if anyone has said they would be doing midnight for this release now that I think about it.

So I don't know if anyone else has discussed this but a couple days ago best buy sent me an email to schedule a pick up time to get my series X before store opening to help speed up the process and keep crowds down

Just got a call from my local right now wanting to verify if I was planning on purchasing anything else at pickup so they could put it with my order now. Also told me I had the first time slot so I would be the first to one to get my console at this store as long as I showed up on time and to just ignore any crazy line outside and just walk up and tell them I have an appointment and have my order number and ID ready. So that's cool.

Also clearly my best buy will not be doing a midnight release since my pick up time is 6am. Not sure if anyone has said they would be doing midnight for this release now that I think about it.
Yea, someone else posted earlier about scheduling an appointment at their BB too, and I did that myself also, but my BB hasn't called me about it yet, or sent me an email confirming the scheduled appointment either...

Did they sent you any emails after the appointment was scheduled or just called you?

Yea, someone else posted earlier about scheduling an appointment at their BB too, and I did that myself also, but my BB hasn't called me about it yet, or sent me an email confirming the scheduled appointment either...

Did they sent you any emails after the appointment was scheduled or just called you?
Just called

Opinions welcome - I’ve got two Xboxes pre-ordered, one from Amazon and one from Walmart. Have zero interest in flipping, I just want a single system for myself. Which pre order would you trust more to deliver on time? Was hoping to get more clarity but with time drawing near I’m feeling pressure to cancel one of the orders.

Opinions welcome - I’ve got two Xboxes pre-ordered, one from Amazon and one from Walmart. Have zero interest in flipping, I just want a single system for myself. Which pre order would you trust more to deliver on time? Was hoping to get more clarity but with time drawing near I’m feeling pressure to cancel one of the orders.
im glad you said opinions, because no one can answer this for you. for me, amazon would be better because almost all of my amazon orders come from amazon drivers, so i still get 1 or 2 day shipping on everything. again, for me, most of my walmart orders come fed ex, which is hit or miss and seem to have alot of daily delays even when something is out for delivery. it really comes down to what the shipping landscape is in your area, and ultimately what service they end up using.

im glad you said opinions, because no one can answer this for you. for me, amazon would be better because almost all of my amazon orders come from amazon drivers, so i still get 1 or 2 day shipping on everything. again, for me, most of my walmart orders come fed ex, which is hit or miss and seem to have alot of daily delays even when something is out for delivery. it really comes down to what the shipping landscape is in your area, and ultimately what service they end up using.
Thanks. I’m mainly worried about one of them screwing me and saying that they can’t fill my orders for weeks.... Amazon’s scary email a few weeks ago didn’t help matters.

For what it’s worth, Walmart was solid on shipping the PS5 controller quickly and their app shows the console shipping near launch, whereas Amazon hasn’t updated since the order was placed. But like someone else said, no one on here really knows, but we’ll all find out in a week and a few days!

Thanks. I’m mainly worried about one of them screwing me and saying that they can’t fill my orders for weeks.... Amazon’s scary email a few weeks ago didn’t help matters.
I think everyone is kinda waiting on Amazon's limbo. I did see one person above say his order updated, but no one else anywhere. I would imagine they are working on figuring out their allotment and how quickly they can restock. I really doubt they are going to shortchange Amazon on stock though.

I hope MS Store gets a restock shortly after launch. I have enough credit on my MS account to cover it and would much rather do that than put out actual money.

I'd keep them both and if Amazon comes through return the Walmart order in store. My personal order is with Walmart for easier return/exchange/warranty if something comes up. I debated Amazon for the 5% rewards. I am not overly concerned with getting it launch day so I did not make multiple orders. Hell, if I get it and someone made a stupid offer I'd bite...they'll make more of these things soon enough and mine will likely sit in the box for days until I get around to messing with it.

If anyone gets an email or shipping info from Target, Costco, or Amazon, let me know. I have a Series X at all 3, but only feel good about getting the one from Target during launch week.

bread's done
Back