Xbox Series S - $299.99

Amazon

Best Buy

GameStop

Microsoft Store

Target

Walmart

Wario64 wrote on Twitter:

some numbers I heard for GameStop per-store allocations for Xbox Series preorders:
Series X - 6-12 per store
Series S - 2-4 per store— Wario64 (@Wario64) September 21, 2020

Stores may also have a Microsoft financing program available called XBox All Access: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-all-access#findaretailer

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m so confused. Does anybody have Microsoft.con preorders that haven’t been charged yet, but still have an estimated arrival date of the 10th?
I just got an email from USPS about a delivery on hold for Tuesday, being handed off from DHL. Fairly positive that’s the Series S I ordered, but haven’t been charged for yet.

Anyone seeing any movement on Sam's Club preorders? Mine shows a arrival date by 10/2 (error I'm thinking on thier side), and no further info since I preordered.

Still no update on the Walmart app for the PS5 or series X. But I can see 2 labels have been created in the Fed-Ex manager. No delivery date or tracking on them yet though

If I’m doing a pick-up at Best Buy does it charge my account now or when I pick it up? I just got charged by either Best Buy or Target and can’t check which one right now.

The FedEX guy just rolled up and dropped off... My Target pre-order copy of Valhalla, two days before street date. My Target pre-order console (ordered in the initial batch) still hasn't shipped or charged. Email pops from Target.... Informing me that my order for the copy of Valhalla has been delivered. I already traded in my One X because I didn't want to risk values tanking once the Series X is in the wild (I suspect One X owners are most likely to be willing to spend the money upgrading early to the Series X).

Still no movement on my Walmart or Amazon pre orders.....
Yep, no changes on my X at Amazon (even with the update shipping thing) that was ordered in the first few minutes of it going live.

And Target for my PS5 still hasn't updated with anything new, and I got that in early in the ordering as well.

If I’m doing a pick-up at Best Buy does it charge my account now or when I pick it up? I just got charged by either Best Buy or Target and can’t check which one right now.
In my experience Bestbuy charges for the pre-order couple days before release (they did it like that for the Switch coupld days before it released and I got charged Friday for the Series X) then it stays pending and finalizes when I pick up. I use Capital One if that makes any difference.

In my experience Bestbuy charges for the pre-order couple days before release (they did it like that for the Switch coupld days before it released and I got charged Friday for the Series X) then it stays pending and finalizes when I pick up. I use Capital One if that makes any difference.
Yea I just got charged for my PS5 yesterday.

GameStop Online Order:

Mine just switched to Shipped with a delivery date of Wednesday. It will be coming via USPS. Originally it was slated for a Tuesday delivery.

Edit: Just checked again and it’s Wednesday the 18th. Holy cow!

My series x shipped yesterday and went away from my state by along shot with notes from ms not to deliver before tuesday.

Why move it away from a state to the other side of the country via fed ex WTF no way this is arriving on time

really need to take Target delivery dates with a grain of salt, both them and Walmart give worst case scenario dates so people dont complain when its not on time. almost everything i get from Target 2 or 3 days before their initial estimate.

really need to take Target delivery dates with a grain of salt, both them and Walmart give worst case scenario dates so people dont complain when its not on time. almost everything i get from Target 2 or 3 days before their initial estimate.
The initial estimate was 11-16 Nov.

My series x shipped yesterday and went away from my state by along shot with notes from ms not to deliver before tuesday.

Why move it away from a state to the other side of the country via fed ex WTF no way this is arriving on time
It all has to do with logistics and where their hub is located. It doesn't make sense to people expecting single packages, but when you look at the thousands they are moving around it does. They can't just send a flight to your area for a few packages, but they have them going to and from the hub. So it gets sent to the hub, put on a plane with a bunch of packages to your area and sent directly there where it will be processed and delivered.

It's like do you walk your socks to the laundry room, or do you walk to your bedroom, put them in the hamper then carry the whole hamper to your laundry room. It's less steps for the socks, but walking back and forth to the laundry room twice (once for the socks, then for the hamper) in the long run is more steps in total.

Oh, and I have an even more inefficient example. When I refinanced my last house, I actually worked at the data center that processed the documents. But I had to literally walk past the place where it was being delivered to drop it in the UPS box for next day delivery. They needed the shipping/tracking information because it was obviously a secure data site that did not allow for customer drop offs. Those documents travelled across town to the facility, was sorted, then brought right back the next day. While VERY inefficient for my example, the process was not set up to handle exceptions to the process for good reason.

Just got a shipment notification for a 13.45lb box coming in tomorrow. Assuming it is my Xbox and not PS5 because of the weight lol Still no charge or order update from Walmart. 

All you guys and gals quit rubbing it in for the rest of us in getting ready status ;)
We jealous
It still shows as getting ready for me. I signed up for FedEx notifications after someone else posted about getting their console shipped early the other day lol

This. I ordered 2 DualSense controllers that weren't scheduled to arrive until the 11th and they got here yesterday.

Just got a shipment notification for a 13.45lb box coming in tomorrow. Assuming it is my Xbox and not PS5 because of the weight lol Still no charge or order update from Walmart.
I got the same thing coming from Solution2Go, should be here tomorrow.

Has anyone gotten an estimated delivery date from Amazon for a Series X? Mine still says they’ll email when they have a date for me.

Has anyone gotten an estimated delivery date from Amazon for a Series X? Mine still says they’ll email when they have a date for me.
Yes I did the shipping speed update and they gave me a Thursday delivery date immediately after I did it.

Should I go vertical with the XSX? I usually go horizontal after the last two systems I had placed vertically full time developed disc drive problems(wii and 360).  XSX just looks terrible horizontal, should I just chance it?

Same as everyone else: my XSX is preparing to ship, 11/16 soft expected date. Unless they're overnighting these, it's gonna be a shitshow of complaints seeing as no retailer other than BB offered store pickup.

Yes I did the shipping speed update and they gave me a Thursday delivery date immediately after I did it.
Sadly it doesn't work for everyone. It doesn't for me. I got preorder in within a few minutes of going live (11:57). Maybe I get one this week, but no idea. I do have two distribution facilities within 10 miles of my house so maybe that's something, and given I got in an order well before they sold out I'd like to think I would be ok. I'm just a bit frustrated personally Amazon is leaving this all up in the air and giving no update or idea. Will it come this week? Two weeks from now? After Christmas? They definitely by now should know how many they have, it would have been great to send an email and say it will come later so don't expect it on the first wave.

Still nothing from Amazon on my end sadly. :(

Ugh, Amazon just moved the delivery date of my console from tomorrow to now arriving Thursday by 8 PM. I don't care that they did that but I have not been charged yet so I'm hoping all is well there. I just want to be sure I have one coming.

Bestbuy now says shipping tomorrow, but I think that is just automated. I keep fearing it getting delayed since I cancelled my other oreder from elsewhere a while ago. Guess I stayed with the wrong store 😕

Just checked my bank account and Amazon has charged me for the Series X Pre-Order.

I’m really looking for Digital Foundry to do their in-depth analysis on multi-platform games, so I know which new system to buy them on. Essentially, whichever one looks / performs the best. Like AC Valhalla and Black Ops Cold War, for example. Normally I just play exclusives on Xbox and exclusives and everything else on PlayStation. but if third party games perform better on the Series X, that may change. Only time will tell, I suppose.

My shopmyexchange.com order hasn't changed to show shipment but I just got a FedEx manager notice for delivery tomorrow. Seems it was shipped on the 6th.

Just FYI for those who may have ordered from the Exchange.

I received this email from Walmart with the title: "New Xbox launch info"

"[SIZE=10pt]Hi REDACTED,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]We’re just two days from the launch of Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S![/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]We want to share some important updates to help ensure you have a great start with your new console.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]We’re doing everything we can to ensure your new Xbox arrives by the date shown in your preorder confirmation email. You can find your latest status [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]here[/SIZE] [SIZE=10pt]or via the app.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]A small number of you may have received your new Xbox console earlier than anticipated. If yours arrives before Tuesday, Nov. 10 and you activate it early, it will require extra software updates before you can play. The extra software update does not apply to people who activate their consoles on or after Tuesday, Nov. 10.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]If you have any questions, please see our[/SIZE] [SIZE=10pt]Help Center[/SIZE][SIZE=13.5pt]. [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Please do not reply to this email as the mailbox is not monitored.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Thank you for being a part of the new generation of Xbox gaming![/SIZE]

Warm regards,

[SIZE=9.5pt]Team Walmart[/SIZE]"

I do have a "Label Created" listing on the FedEx website for the Xbox, but the Walmart website itself doesn't show any update yet.

My FedEx manger show a package of 14.4lbs to be delivered on Nov. 11th from GameStop. I'm assuming that is the XSX. It does show a signature is required. GameStop website just shows preparing for shipment

Should I go vertical with the XSX? I usually go horizontal after the last two systems I had placed vertically full time developed disc drive problems(wii and 360). XSX just looks terrible horizontal, should I just chance it?
I don't claim to know the technical aspects of these systems and could be wrong but the older systems ran the games off the discs so they spun constantly during game play increasing wear, especially operating on the side. The one and series gen only use the disc for install and drm so they don't spin as much reducing wear....my assumption based on the info as I understand it. Maybe avoid vertical if you plan to use the disc drive a lot...BDs, etc. I am going vertical if it has enough top clearance just due to the cooling design aspects of the system.

Dumb question - if you keep your Xbox one games stored on an external hard drive rather than moving them to the SSD will you still get the maxed out frame rates and auto HDR? Are quicker load times the only advantage to moving them over? Modern Warfare would take up 1/4 of the SSD alone.

Anyone get any word from Costco yet?

I had some free time during work this weekend, here is the end response of a much longer interaction.

"We have received your request and are happy to help. According to our records and having confirmed with the vendor, Costco.com pre-orders for the Xbox Series X are expected to ship between 11/16 and 11/23. Once your order ships out you will receive a shipping confirmation email that will contain your tracking information."

Should I go vertical with the XSX? I usually go horizontal after the last two systems I had placed vertically full time developed disc drive problems(wii and 360). XSX just looks terrible horizontal, should I just chance it?
I’m normally a horizontal guy, but I’ll be placing both consoles vertically this time around, mostly due to space.

The way the Series X is built, it makes sense to have it vertical, since warm air rises. I think having it vertical will dissipate heat better.

Now I know both consoles feature huge fans, and PlayStation is actually able to update the fan via firmware in the future to reduce PS4 jet engine issues. I’m not sure if the Xbox fan can be updated.

bread's done
Back