Xbox Series S - $299.99

Amazon

Best Buy

GameStop

Microsoft Store

Target

Walmart

Wario64 wrote on Twitter:

some numbers I heard for GameStop per-store allocations for Xbox Series preorders:
Series X - 6-12 per store
Series S - 2-4 per store— Wario64 (@Wario64) September 21, 2020

Stores may also have a Microsoft financing program available called XBox All Access: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-all-access#findaretailer

Last edited by a moderator:
I am trying to buy one at Walmart near me.  Online it says it has 2 left in my local Walmart and I can get through checkout until I have to place my order.  Then it says out of stock.

However, when you go back to the item page, it still says it has 2 in stock at my local Walmart.

Welp Wal Mart OOS for me so no after work pickup, so praying that Amazon pulls through on my preorder. Still says Thursday but no charge yet.

Probably a dumb question, but if my Xbox series x is vertical. Does the top of the disc go into the drive facing left? 

Just received shipping email from Dell. Didn't think it would ship this week. FedEx tracking says Thursday. Now if Target would do something on my 9/16 PS5 preorder?1?

Just received shipping email from Dell. Didn't think it would ship this week. FedEx tracking says Thursday. Now if Target would do something on my 9/16 PS5 preorder?1?
Yeah really. I’m betting target will ship on 11/12 to fulfill all orders and offer what they can with in store pickup.

Managed to order a Series X from Target last night about 12:30. The order stayed in "processing" until almost 11 this morning when I finally got the notice for pickup. Thought for sure it would get cancelled. Now to hope I can get a PS5 the same way.

Update #2:

Target X = label created 11/9 in AL, tracking finally shows 11/10 movement in TN, but won't get here until 11/12
Target S = label created 11/10 in MN, no updates
Best Buy = supposed to ship today, STILL NO UPDATE
Newegg = actually shipped today and is on a truck for delivery tomorrow

I hate Best Buy and Target. From now on I'll preorder from them for bonuses and cancel the day before every time.

Never ordering launch day items from the former 2 again though. They really should have been more transparent about not meeting shipping deadlines.

What happened to me today:

- My plan was to go to this super high end TV entertainment store in the suburbs. This is the place where Chicago athletes and celebrities go to deck out their home entertainment centers or kitchens. A lot of people would overlook this place (it's called Abt) as a place to snag the new xbox. I call them the day before and ask if they'll have any in stock.

"We will have 30 Series X and 60 Series S," the person on the phone said. "We open at 9am"

So I pull up at 6:30am and I'm the 10th person in line. Sweet. I'm totally going to score the Series X. I talk to others, and they say they were told the same thing re: 30 Series X's and 60 Series S'. The notion that people would overlook Abt as a place to snag the new XBOX seemed to hold true.

At 8:30am, however, an employee comes out and says there won't be any Series X's for sale, but that we could get a Series S. My guess is the Series X's went to the athletes and celebrities. People were pissed and I saw some real ugliness, including from one dude who was with his young son. I wasn't angry, but I was bummed.

So Walmart became the plan. And I recruited two friends to help me get one once they went on sale. About 30 minutes prior to Walmart's sale, however, I get a link from a friend for the Series X + controller from Costco. Score! I was able to snag one. It may not ship until 11/23, though. I'm not sure yet. But I did get a confirmation.

I then tried Walmart as a backup. At exactly 11am I saw that the page said, "Hurry, only five left in stock." But it was too late by the time I got to checkout.

Hopefully, Costco comes through. In the meantime, I'm going to try and snag a PS5 as a backup, but I'll likely strike out there. I certainly won't be camping outside a store again, though.

I managed to get one of the Microsoft store Series X orders in last night, but with the December delivery date. Has anyone seen their date budge? I'm trying to decide if I should be actively hunting for a console elsewhere, or if Microsoft is gonna surprise me with a much earlier delivery date.... My order currently just says "Pending" without more info.
I was able to get a Series X order in through Microsoft as well and had some similar thoughts. My order is "Pending" too but they did put a hold on my account for the amount almost immediately.

I'm still on the hunt elsewhere in hopes of getting one sooner, but I'm also still going to hang on to my Microsoft order. I just assume they're able to fulfill orders faster than anyone else, and they're using FedEx to get these out, so shipping should be faster than anyone else too.

Costco orders will probably be delivered by next week. People that already had Costco orders had next week as a placeholder but they are receiving theirs this week now.

I was able to get a Series X order in through Microsoft as well and had some similar thoughts. My order is "Pending" too but they did put a hold on my account for the amount almost immediately.

I'm still on the hunt elsewhere in hopes of getting one sooner, but I'm also still going to hang on to my Microsoft order. I just assume they're able to fulfill orders faster than anyone else, and they're using FedEx to get these out, so shipping should be faster than anyone else too.
I'm also showing a pending charge on my card from Microsoft. Their website said you won't be charged until you purchase ships so let's hope this is good news.

So, I called my local Walmart early this morning, they confirmed they have Series X in stock. I was told I needed to order online when they went on sale at noon. I placed an order and got a confirmation email, funds were taken from my bank and I was told via email I would be notified when I could pick it up today. Two hours later I get an email stating the order was cancelled due to being out of stock. I called and talked to the electronics department who told me they have 14 in stock but are not allowed to fill orders because they are to be released during a specific black friday sale in two weeks. He said they have had them for ten days already. He told me to call corporate and ask them to allow him to fill my order because it is in stock and i have a legitimate, paid in full order. Im waiting on the escalation department to call me back now.

I am beyond irritated that they are valuing some future customer over me, who has already paid and the item i ordered is just sitting there.

Was able to pick up my in-store order this morning right when they opened, no lines or anyone. FedEx showed up maybe 3 hours later to drop off the pre-order. Whelp, I'm covered and ready to play some Valhalla!

Best Buy says I should be getting mine today, but the label was just created. I don't see how it's possible I get it today, but fingers crossed.

Did anyone cop any launch bundle at antonline ?
I purchased a PS4 bundle from them. I called the other day and they said it would ship on release day and take 3-5 business days to arrive. However I got an email about an hour ago saying it was shipping with an estimated arrival date for the 12th.

Right? Am I moron for thinking that the store for the company who makes the damn thing should be able to whip those consoles out? (I'm probably a moron). Hoping that my account page on their site just magically updates here with a tracking number for tomorrow... If anyone out there has any update on their Microsoft Store order, please shout out so I can have some hope!

the disc drive on my XSX is LOUD AS SHIT when installing. is this normal or am I gonna have to send this fucker in for repairs? anyone else experienced it?

Same thing from Dell for me. i was going to try to get one at Walmart and cancel, but now I will just wait.

This is such a shit show.

Both Sony and MS should have focused on releasing their top tier console ... and then, after several months passed, intro the more affordable disc less version. Given supply constraints, it seems both stretched themselves too thin.

Right? Am I moron for thinking that the store for the company who makes the damn thing should be able to whip those consoles out? (I'm probably a moron). Hoping that my account page on their site just magically updates here with a tracking number for tomorrow... If anyone out there has any update on their Microsoft Store order, please shout out so I can have some hope!
Just my random guess but maybe since there is definitely a shortage in supply and they're the manufacturer, they can guarantee themselves future shipments far in advance so they are taking orders for ones not shipping until late December, where as other retailers might not have guaranteed future shipments yet so are only able to sell what they currently have bit by bit.

So, I called my local Walmart early this morning, they confirmed they have Series X in stock. I was told I needed to order online when they went on sale at noon. I placed an order and got a confirmation email, funds were taken from my bank and I was told via email I would be notified when I could pick it up today. Two hours later I get an email stating the order was cancelled due to being out of stock. I called and talked to the electronics department who told me they have 14 in stock but are not allowed to fill orders because they are to be released during a specific black friday sale in two weeks. He said they have had them for ten days already. He told me to call corporate and ask them to allow him to fill my order because it is in stock and i have a legitimate, paid in full order. Im waiting on the escalation department to call me back now.

I am beyond irritated that they are valuing some future customer over me, who has already paid and the item i ordered is just sitting there.
Stores have been doing this since forever. Always have. Now people are just more aware of it.

Kmart did it back in the 90’s when I worked there as a teenager. It is the way. I get why the do it, but I also don’t like it either.

I purchased a PS4 bundle from them. I called the other day and they said it would ship on release day and take 3-5 business days to arrive. However I got an email about an hour ago saying it was shipping with an estimated arrival date for the 12th.
That is good. But I am still waiting for my shipping confirmation for my ps5 bundle...so sad

Supposed to get my Amazon order today but it's after 5pm and the tracking doesn't even show it out for delivery yet.

Anyone ever have a delivery still show up even though it's not said out for delivery after 5pm?

Also does Amazon do anything about late deliveries anymore? Usually I don't care but this has me a bit annoyed.

[attachment=34893:received_407704617098614.jpeg]

[attachment=34894:received_368333857758734.jpeg]

[attachment=34895:IMG_20201110_171713_293.jpg]

Anyone else get theirs from Amazon with a package thats very damaged and they didn't pack the inside very well.[attachment=34897:16050504748166690035658113323553.jpg]

Mine from Amazon was in a box too big for it and had no padding what so ever. The bottom almost fell out on the outer box too. My wife heard the UPS guy toss it on the porch. Other than Xbox going down it seems to be working fine, even though my kids are hogging it lol.

Just my random guess but maybe since there is definitely a shortage in supply and they're the manufacturer, they can guarantee themselves future shipments far in advance so they are taking orders for ones not shipping until late December, where as other retailers might not have guaranteed future shipments yet so are only able to sell what they currently have bit by bit.
Yes, but how does that help me play Doom Eternal with raytracing this week? :(

Xbox Shipped from Amazon finally. Oddly enough Amazon had to use my credit card and not my debit card (which I had used for the order) but they shipped it which is great. No big deal, because when I was preordering the console I was trying to check out asap and not worry about what payment method I used.

received_407704617098614.jpeg

received_368333857758734.jpeg

IMG_20201110_171713_293.jpg

Anyone else get theirs from Amazon with a package thats very damaged and they didn't pack the inside very well. 16050504748166690035658113323553.jpg
Mine looked exactly the same, and the outer box had clear tape on top where the Amazon tape clearly broke because the xbox was too heavy for one piece of tape. No padding inside the box. Luckily the xbox appears to be fine and only a couple dented corners on the box. Definitely not the best packaging job by Amazon.

I got my shipping notice from Target for my Series S. Shipping label created 11/10. Arriving by Sun, 11/15. 😒

Imagine how much less bandwidth they would need right now if they had let us get the Series X optimized patches on our One X last week.

[quote name="Tyrok" post="14344088" timestamp="1605055346"]I heard plugging it in with a USB-C cable will fix that but not everyone has one of those lying around.[/quote That’s the problem I don’t and even my ok’d Xbox one controllers won’t sync

bread's done
Back