Xbox Series S - $299.99

Amazon

Best Buy

GameStop

Microsoft Store

Target

Walmart

Wario64 wrote on Twitter:

some numbers I heard for GameStop per-store allocations for Xbox Series preorders:
Series X - 6-12 per store
Series S - 2-4 per store— Wario64 (@Wario64) September 21, 2020

Stores may also have a Microsoft financing program available called XBox All Access: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-all-access#findaretailer

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone else’s Xbox arrive dented? The box was fine except for a nice dent on the bottom, which actually went through from the exterior cardboard box it was shipped in, to the bottom of the Xbox box. Luckily, the inside of the Xbox box is heavily padded and it appears this did not go through to the inside. Hopefully it’ll be okay.

32A7A2D0-DB22-4832-A95D-8B5C48903C86.jpeg
hyre0cyw9my51.jpg

Least it doesn't look like how this this guy's from reddit's showed up

My series X controller works just fine using both my XB1 play and charge batteries. MS even left a comment on a BB question stating that just the cable needs to be updated to USB C.
Yep, I stand corrected. Turns out the battery was drained and the Series X controller was just more sensitive to it that the older controller I guess. The old Play and Charge does work, and I charged it with the USB-C cable that came with the Switch Pro Controller I already had plugged in with no issues.

Also, for those just getting the console, discs insert with the label facing out (left) and the bottom facing toward the middle of the console. The "bottom" of the console has little rubber feet, which is on the right side when upright, leaving the drive at the top of it when laid horizontal.

My preorder pickup from GameStop had the whole corner caved on the box. I politely asked for a different one and luckily I was second preorder pickup so they more still in the back.

The irony in this is the only game I've bought all year, other than TLOU 2 actually (still haven't played), is AC Valhalla and that's the one I'm playing right now lol.
Hows AC running? I've seen a lot of reports on it being buggy and crashing (but not as bad as "walk 5ft and crash legion"). I really want to start Valhalla, but got others to play if I need to wait on a patch or two...

My preorder pickup from GameStop had the whole corner caved on the box. I politely asked for a different one and luckily I was second preorder pickup so they more still in the back.
The console is insanely well padded in the box, so unless someone wants a pristine box for display, there is little danger of damage to the console. The foam inserts are huge and dense with the console centered with a good few inches from the edge of the packaging. It's like one of those old "save the egg" competitions where people had to make containers to keep an egg safe when dropped.

Yep, I stand corrected. Turns out the battery was drained and the Series X controller was just more sensitive to it that the older controller I guess. The old Play and Charge does work, and I charged it with the USB-C cable that came with the Switch Pro Controller I already had plugged in with no issues.

Also, for those just getting the console, discs insert with the label facing out (left) and the bottom facing toward the middle of the console. The "bottom" of the console has little rubber feet, which is on the right side when upright, leaving the drive at the top of it when laid horizontal.
Nice to hear about the play & charge battery working.

I seen a video today of someone using it vertically, and noticed the rubber feet for horizontal placement.

I was not able to get a Series X yesterday, and at this point thinking about trying for a PS5 tonight instead. It just means I'll have to put the Xbox off for a while (assuming I can get a PS5).

Did you order it yesterday or you did it a while ago?

Just curious cause my brother got one yesterday and it said arrives by 11/23.
I'm curious about this, too.

For folks getting their Costco XSX orders, did you order it on launch day or earlier?

I WANT HOPE!

Has anyone who placed orders Monday night through Microsoft had their orders change from pending / December 23 to shipping? I know it's only been 36 hours but I'm feeling pretty impatient now.

Seconded, I was obsessed with Mer De Noms way back when.
Same. I took my foot off the pedal when I got the Microsoft Store order in, which I guess was a mistake... Also, mine said Dec 23 delivery when I clicked to purchase, but now it just says "Pending" without any date. Sadness has ensued.

Launch day bundle  from gamestop ordered yesterday has a ship number and a delivery date of 11/14. 

This is funny because my pre-order PS5 from September still is in preparing shipment. 

I'd go one further....Get the Ikea LADDA Batteries. They are made in Japan, which means they are in fact made at the Panasonic factory as they are the only one capable of producing the Ni-MH cells in quantity. At $6.99 for a pack of 4, you cannot go wrong. Compared to my Eneloop Pros, they are nearly identical in usage. 2450mAh per cell. Just make sure you drain them first before you charge them to "prime" the cell and you will have these bad boys for a long, long time.

FYI on play and charge kits...

My Xbox One kit died about 3-4 years. Battery would die after an hour or less of gaming.

Like somebody else said, I'd invest in an Eneloop charger and battery kit, that way you have a steady rotation of batteries.

One of these days these updates will end. Just want to note that each order was placed on 9/22 in first wave of preorders:

Target X - label created 11/9, shipped 11/10, scheduled delivery 11/12
Target S - label created 11/11 but no movement yet
Newegg S - shipped 11/10, arrived 11/11
Best Buy - before 11/9 it said scheduled for delivery 11/10, on 11/9 it changed to being shipped 11/10, yesterday it said getting ready all day, and the same today

On a hilarious note, AC: Valhalla order placed on 11/10 delivery just shipped today and COD actually shipped early and should arrive on its launch day. At this rate if I even get something from Best Buy I'll be shocked. Also, just as another kick in the nuts, I have a new auth charge every day on the card I used for that one system, to the point that AMEX flags every other transaction I make as fraud, which is quite annoying.

Hows AC running? I've seen a lot of reports on it being buggy and crashing (but not as bad as "walk 5ft and crash legion"). I really want to start Valhalla, but got others to play if I need to wait on a patch or two...
I’ve been playing it and it looks and plays beautifully. Haven’t run into any bugs or crashes yet but probably am only an hour or two in.

I just received my XSX from Amazon. but they sent it  in a big box without any packing protection. At least, it arrived in a good shape.

I got the headset stand/goodie box from target in today.  The stand is sturdier than I thought it would be as are the chip clips.  Coasters feel kinda cheap but are metal.

Same. I took my foot off the pedal when I got the Microsoft Store order in, which I guess was a mistake... Also, mine said Dec 23 delivery when I clicked to purchase, but now it just says "Pending" without any date. Sadness has ensued.
As an update for my MS Store order: The pre-authorization has fallen off Paypal and MS only put through the ~$54 for my controller which is arriving tomorrow. Guess that does not bode well for the 12/23 crew.

I want to play it but it's best to wait for the first major patch with games like this. It will surely be on sale for Black Friday anyway.

I want to play it but it's best to wait for the first major patch with games like this. It will surely be on sale for Black Friday anyway.
I’ve been tempted to buy it, especially since you can get it around $30 already. But we all know they go on sale all the time. I’ll wait for $20ish digital.

Played 3-4 hours last night flawlessly. I would say that the starting area probably gets the most QA attention, but I was mainly exploring offcourse and got to the main village very late which is probably meant to be in the first hour or so. Honestly, very impressed and the best AC game I've ever played at this point. Probably because it feels so distant from an AC game, but I'm not complaining. I wouldn't care at all if they finally dumped the stupid animus bullshit and just made solid open-world RPGs like this.

I'd say out of all the launch titles, this is a definite must play.

As an update for my MS Store order: The pre-authorization has fallen off Paypal and MS only put through the ~$54 for my controller which is arriving tomorrow. Guess that does not bode well for the 12/23 crew.
My "all Microsoft credit" order still shows the amount taken off the account balance, so no change here.

Launch day bundle from gamestop ordered yesterday has a ship number and a delivery date of 11/14.
The Gamestop launch day system bundle I purchased yesterday is still in status: Preparing for shipment.

What shipping provider did they use in your case?

Series X came in today from Amazon. Box with no padding, but no damage whatsoever. I mean I get it's to save costs, but I work for a online retailer who sells $50,100,200,300,etc products and we always use padding so kinda annoying.

I'm surprised at how easy it was to set up, I literally spent more time trying to move everything to fit it then setting it up.

Bright Memory might only be $8, but it's a buggy mess.  I've had it skip around sections of the game like it didn't know where I should be and respawn me somewhere else and start another fight.  Lots of graphical glitches too including a big black bar on the right 5% of my screen.

Costco consoles are delayed.  Mine's now set to arrive on Monday.  It's kinda  fuck 'd up that they sent me an email to say my item has shipped, but they only printed the label.  They only sent them out today, and since it's 3 day air, it won't arrive until Monday.  iirc it said it would ship around this time, so I wouldn't be mad about it except for the fact I got an email saying my order had already shipped with an arrival date of the 12th, except all they did was print the label.  I gotta wait an extra two days because of the weekend on top of it.  Major bummer.

Costco consoles are delayed. Mine's now set to arrive on Monday. It's kinda fuck 'd up that they sent me an email to say my item has shipped, but they only printed the label. They only sent them out today, and since it's 3 day air, it won't arrive until Monday. iirc it said it would ship around this time, so I wouldn't be mad about it except for the fact I got an email saying my order had already shipped with an arrival date of the 12th, except all they did was print the label. I gotta wait an extra two days because of the weekend on top of it. Major bummer.
Did you pre-order?

Series X came in today from Amazon. Box with no padding, but no damage whatsoever. I mean I get it's to save costs, but I work for a online retailer who sells $50,100,200,300,etc products and we always use padding so kinda annoying.

I'm surprised at how easy it was to set up, I literally spent more time trying to move everything to fit it then setting it up.
That's messed up. We were kind of upset Amazon sent us a box of power bars just as is - yeah, they slapped a label on the flimsy thin paper box with the easy-to-tear off top and shipped it. It worked out I guess but they always used to send them in real boxes before. I wonder if this isn't a cost-cutting move they are making. I kind of depend on getting those boxes to ship stuff myself!

Did you pre-order?
Yes. However, I must've been the last person to grab one. I had it in my cart, then it went sold out. Kept refreshing as I know now that often times on many different websites, it'll say sold out, but then you refresh and then you're good. About a half hour later, I snagged one. This was like a month ago when they first went up for pre-order. So i"m sure I was dead last on the list, or close to it. I also didn't pay extra for express shipping.

Best Buy order came today. Got it all set up and I really like the unit. Forza Horizon 4 and Gears 5 are impressive and auto-HDR really makes some of the older titles look fresh. I had sold all my old consoles to prep for the new stuff and it's just nice to have an Xbox in the living room again.

I like the aesthetic of the XSX as it blends in with the room. PS5 though, that thing is gonna need a bag over its head and will stick out in the den. Hoping someone makes faceplates for it soon because it's the first thing to go.

I like the aesthetic of the XSX as it blends in with the room. PS5 though, that thing is gonna need a bag over its head and will stick out in the den. Hoping someone makes faceplates for it soon because it's the first thing to go.
Didn't Sony stop faceplates from happening? I will say yeah the Xbox just fits in most rooms, it's not as crazy as the PS5 in terms of looks. Also did anyone else notice if the Series X is placed vertical that the top of the Series X does an illusion where the green part becomes bigger as you get closer and smaller as you move away? Thought that was pretty cool.

In my living room, the ps5 will actually both fit better in my entertainment center and look better. The Series X will actually stick out.

Anyone with an SX Using it with a 1080p tv? Once I get a PS5 I’ll have to move the X downstairs and hook it up to the projector and tv that’s down there. Both 1080.

In my living room, the ps5 will actually both fit better in my entertainment center and look better. The Series X will actually stick out.

Anyone with an SX Using it with a 1080p tv? Once I get a PS5 I’ll have to move the X downstairs and hook it up to the projector and tv that’s down there. Both 1080.
I'm going to be using both PS5 and XSX on 1080p display. My projector and AVR is only 1080p.

I'm going to be using both PS5 and XSX on 1080p display. My projector and AVR is only 1080p.
4k upstairs (55” tcl, so it’s crappy 4k anyway). I thought about buying another cheap 4k for the basement and moving the set that’s there now over to the bar, but it’s a little too big for that area and I’d wind up with an extra tv. Will prob just stick with the 1080 that’s there now.

4k upstairs (55” tcl, so it’s crappy 4k anyway). I thought about buying another cheap 4k for the basement and moving the set that’s there now over to the bar, but it’s a little too big for that area and I’d wind up with an extra tv. Will prob just stick with the 1080 that’s there now.
1080p @ 120" with surround sound in the home theater is better than playing it on any TV lol.

I'm actually sick of all this 4K/120hz/etc talk this gen. Just give me fucking games that look great. I don't need a list of buzzwords your game supports.

1080p @ 120" with surround sound in the home theater is better than playing it on any TV lol.

I'm actually sick of all this 4K/120hz/etc talk this gen. Just give me fucking games that look great. I don't need a list of buzzwords your game supports.
I agree. Especially since my eyes aren’t getting any better. I will say though that with my PS4 pro I did notice some awesome things when playing in 4k hdr- mlb the show looked amazing, for example.

Especially driving games- forza and diet, in the car view, is INSANE on a 120” tv. And of course, so are old snes and nes games :)

Last nights email from amazon. They unlisted all sellers listing for the xbox series x, which were selling for $1250.

Please read this email carefully. The listing information described below may affect your ability to sell certain products.

As part of our ongoing efforts to provide the best possible customer experience, we are implementing approval requirements for the ASIN B08H75RTZ8.

What does this mean for me?
Effective on 2020-11-12, you will not be able to list the affected products, and your listings for these products will be removed.

Why am I receiving this message?
You are receiving this message because you have sold affected products in the past. There is no penalty associated with this action.

How do I seek approval to sell the affected products?
This product has other listing limitations.

We appreciate your cooperation in this important matter, and thank you for selling on Amazon.

Regards,
Amazon Services

The power cord that comes with the XSX/PS5 is non-polarized figure 8 cord, correct?  I can just unplug my old system and plug in the next gen consoles and it'll be ok?

Both Series X and PS5 preorders delivered on each release day before noon. Originally I wanted my preorders with Amazon or Bestbuy, even Target. Who would have thought Walmart would be the one to come thru in the clutch!

I know this may not be the perfect thread for it but I hedged my bets on preorders and both showed up. If anyone in the San Diego Area wants to take my extra Series X at cost it is up for grabs. I offered it up to my facebook and local friends and no one bit. If not I'll be returning it to the Best Buy in La Jolla once my PS5 shows up today. 

Edit: Well it is out the door and on the way. Good luck to those still in the hunt. 

I know this may not be the perfect thread for it but I hedged my bets on preorders and both showed up. If anyone in the San Diego Area wants to take my extra Series X at cost it is up for grabs. I offered it up to my facebook and local friends and no one bit. If not I'll be returning it to the Best Buy in La Jolla once my PS5 shows up today.
I wish I lived in the San Diego area, hah. Hopefully, someone will take you up on your generous offer. Kudos for not being a scalper and trying to help someone out. It is good to see in a year of yuck.

bread's done
Back