Xbox Series S - $299.99

Amazon

Best Buy

GameStop

Microsoft Store

Target

Walmart

Wario64 wrote on Twitter:

some numbers I heard for GameStop per-store allocations for Xbox Series preorders:
Series X - 6-12 per store
Series S - 2-4 per store— Wario64 (@Wario64) September 21, 2020

Stores may also have a Microsoft financing program available called XBox All Access: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-all-access#findaretailer

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm, my Microsoft order from launch night had a charge pending on my card, then returned it, and has a new charge pending. Wondering if it’s getting ready to ship or if they’re just checking my card still.

Not expecting anything because I got the 12/23 date, but would imagine some of those placeholder dates will start going out soon-ish

Hmmm, my Microsoft order from launch night had a charge pending on my card, then returned it, and has a new charge pending. Wondering if it’s getting ready to ship or if they’re just checking my card still.

Not expecting anything because I got the 12/23 date, but would imagine some of those placeholder dates will start going out soon-ish
Noticed my card is showing a new pending charge as well. That being the case I held off on paying Sam's club an extra $100 tempting as it was.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I bought a monitor and told myself I'll wait until next year for a console and Cyberpunk. Then woke up to the Sam's bundle testing me, was still in stock and only a headset extra isn't awful. Held strong, will commit to new WoW launch on 32" 1440p 144hz.

Almost bought Maneater since GCU stacks with early BF sales, 10.39 is pretty good. I'll still wait for $10 digital. I love having Battlefront 2 and Anthem on Gamepass to mess around and not dig out the discs.

Noticed my card is showing a new pending charge as well. That being the case I held off on paying Sam's club an extra $100 tempting as it was.

My credit card is showing a new pending charge from 11/16 and a pending credit of the same amount.

I bought a monitor and told myself I'll wait until next year for a console and Cyberpunk. Then woke up to the Sam's bundle testing me, was still in stock and only a headset extra isn't awful. Held strong, will commit to new WoW launch on 32" 1440p 144hz.

Almost bought Maneater since GCU stacks with early BF sales, 10.39 is pretty good. I'll still wait for $10 digital. I love having Battlefront 2 and Anthem on Gamepass to mess around and not dig out the discs.
I don't want to clutter up this thread w/ none Xbox talk. But, hoe do you still have GCU!?

Figured I’d chime in and say I just got the shipping notification from Costco for my 11/10 order. Expected delivery is just this Friday. It will be a long week, but I’m relieved it finally shipped!

My BB order that allfires helped place was updated to ready for pickup today. Picked it up earlier and so far so good, just installing games now. Speed is good on gigabit fiber, seems faster than my X1X was. Thanks again allfires!
What time of day did your order update?

Why are you here typing instead of opening the box to check it?
xmas present. i'm pretty sure it's fine. just kinda don't want to wake up on the 25th and find a busted unit.

edit: although i'm having lots of second thoughts right now. I think it was a shiny new thing purchase. I prob wont get to play it much and the kids will be like "we just wanna play mario party." :whistle2:k

xmas present. i'm pretty sure it's fine. just kinda don't want to wake up on the 25th and find a busted unit.

edit: although i'm having lots of second thoughts right now. I think it was a shiny new thing purchase. I prob wont get to play it much and the kids will be like "we just wanna play mario party." :whistle2:k
May have already done so - but check if they have extended return period for the holidays? Mine came from Target and said it would eligible for return until sometime in early January, but that's a different retailer.

Open it nooooow! Play it! Use the dent as an excuse to check it out!

I also got one as an impulse/shiny-new-thing purchase when the Target in-store orders opened up night before release. I hooked it up right away and damn it is nice, and that's even without the 4K stuff (my older TV barely supports it). But it is such a quality-of-life upgrade over my Xbox One S!

Open it nooooow! Play it! Use the dent as an excuse to check it out!

I also got one as an impulse/shiny-new-thing purchase when the Target in-store orders opened up night before release. I hooked it up right away and damn it is nice, and that's even without the 4K stuff (my older TV barely supports it). But it is such a quality-of-life upgrade over my Xbox One S!
You’re killing me.

Come on now. No one gives a sealed console as a gift anymore, right? You gotta break them open, install the games and get all the updates so they are ready to go. :razz:

https://twitter.com/sirfragalot86/status/1328093144139894794

Video proof here. Won't turn on. I moved it to a new outlet just to see if that had any luck, nope. I was out Fri and Sat so didn't play it those days but Wed and Thurs worked fine.
Same situation here, went to to turn on Friday and completely dead. I got a repair order and sent it to MS via UPS on Monday. The repair facility is in El Paso, TX and my unit will arrive there tomorrow. I’ll post again with how long all this is going to take and how the repair or replacement is handled.

So Walmart right now for me is showing some consoles in stock at a few locations around me.  It says it's for in store pickup only and I can't purchase online and pickup in store though.

Anyone think it's legit at all?

So Walmart right now for me is showing some consoles in stock at a few locations around me. It says it's for in store pickup only and I can't purchase online and pickup in store though.

Anyone think it's legit at all?
I think they have them And they're just holding stock for next Wednesday when they announced they'd sell them. Their website and brickseek was showing the same thing last week, in stock and in store only. Go by the store and the associates will tell you they're for online only.

I think they have them And they're just holding stock for next Wednesday when they announced they'd sell them. Their website and brickseek was showing the same thing last week, in stock and in store only. Go by the store and the associates will tell you they're for online only.

Last week when I saw brickseek saying 6+ the website didn't say anything about it being in stock. It said they were out of stock. I saw 6+ in 5-6 stores near me.

Now though brickseek is saying 3-4 for the one store near me that says 3 left, 2-3 for the one that says 2 left, 6+ for the one store that just says in stock.

So it's a bit differnt.

I tried calling the closest one but not getting an answer.

Last week when I saw brickseek saying 6+ the website didn't say anything about it being in stock. It said they were out of stock. I saw 6+ in 5-6 stores near me.

Now though brickseek is saying 3-4 for the one store near me that says 3 left, 2-3 for the one that says 2 left, 6+ for the one store that just says in stock.

So it's a bit differnt.

I tried calling the closest one but not getting an answer.
Last week Walmart's website would say in stock for in-store only if you put in the ZIP code of a local store. You might have seen it a little bit after when the website no longer showed that but brickseek was still showing units. Good luck finding a location that will sell you one though.

Last week Walmart's website would say in stock for in-store only if you put in the ZIP code of a local store. You might have seen it a little bit after when the website no longer showed that but brickseek was still showing units. Good luck finding a location that will sell you one though.

Okay well I wasnt' seeing that around here. I saw brickseek saying all this in stock but website said out of stock. I did not realize some areas said it was in stock on the walmart website too.

My bro in law also went to a store last week and the manager flat out told them that they would be selling some XSX on Wednesday (tomorrow) and PS5's on Friday (3 days) in store. Not sure why but basically like it was a week before they'd start selling them in store.

I don't doubt it. People were walking out of Walmarts with Series X's last week (as in Friday). Probably depends on the location.

I don't want to clutter up this thread w/ none Xbox talk. But, hoe do you still have GCU!?
Lots of people still have it. I have it until April 2022.

They ran some cell phone promotion several years ago where if you bought a phone it came with a year or two years of GCU. . I honestly can’t even remember the details but I think there was some $5 or $10 prepaid SIM card that qualified. I bought like six years worth and it extended me to 2022.

Lots of people still have it. I have it until April 2022.

They ran some cell phone promotion several years ago where if you bought a phone it came with a year or two years of GCU. . I honestly can’t even remember the details but I think there was some $5 or $10 prepaid SIM card that qualified. I bought like six years worth and it extended me to 2022.
I did that but didn't load up as many years as you. Mine finally ran out about a year ago. Would have been nice to have for Switch games at least. I'd have gotten the Mario 3D All-Stars by now with it for sure. At least Game Pass (which, I know, I'm late to the game there - just signed up when I got my Series X) makes it somewhat irrelevant for Xbox games.

Holy crap, are the shipping dates from the microsoft store accurate. Just nabbed an S from there but says expected Jan. 5th?

Might wind up trying for a Walmart one tomorrow anyway of that's the case

Holy crap, are the shipping dates from the microsoft store accurate. Just nabbed an S from there but says expected Jan. 5th?

Might wind up trying for a Walmart one tomorrow anyway of that's the case
The ship date may be accurate. Launch day orders have an estimate ship date of 12/23. I'm looking for an order I can pick up in store.

thanks! got one.

they dont have order limit?! it says limit one but somehow I got two orders in.

One Xbox Series S and Xbox Series S + controller.

Xbox Series S
Select items below to complete your bundle.

Introducing the Xbox Series S, the smallest, sleekest Xbox ever. Experience the speed and performance of a next-gen all-digital console at an accessible price point. Limit 1 console purchase per customer. DUE TO INCREASED HOLIDAY DEMAND PRODUCTS WILL NOT SHIP UNTIL THE END OF DECEMBER.

More evidence that the launch day December 23rd dates are accurate lol

It would make sense to overnight them in time for Christmas. My order at this point is just an extra in case someone chimes in or I flip it. That all depends on market and whether it ships earlier than that. Otherwise I'll probably just cancel it.

Purchased a backordered Xbox Series S from the Microsoft Store.

"Estimated delivery: Tuesday, January 5, 2021"

I'm going to keep trying to get one elsewhere before then I guess.

I want an X and PS5, if I try Walmart at 3pm tomorrow is my best bet to just have the product pages in separate tabs and keep refreshing? Am I able to apply for a Walmart store CC at checkout to pay (I don’t typically shop at Walmart)?

bread's done
Back