Xbox Series S - $299.99

Amazon

Best Buy

GameStop

Microsoft Store

Target

Walmart

Wario64 wrote on Twitter:

some numbers I heard for GameStop per-store allocations for Xbox Series preorders:
Series X - 6-12 per store
Series S - 2-4 per store— Wario64 (@Wario64) September 21, 2020

Stores may also have a Microsoft financing program available called XBox All Access: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-all-access#findaretailer

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else preorder from Best Buy? I have a confirmation email from them saying it’s being prepared for Friday and I had a pre-authorized hold charge on my bank account and then I checked today and the hold has been released and my order is still being prepared for Friday.

Well, as you said it is a pre-order and the release date is 12/23. That's how I've always treated it.
Yes, but it’s not a pre-order because the product has already launched and other retailers are clearly getting additional stock. You would think MS wouldn’t want to be treating customers who order directly from them as second class citizens. I have no issue with waiting, but the lack of communication and information seems unprofessional for a company at Microsoft’s level.

That 100%
I was stoked when I got mine through them thinking the direct pipeline might be beneficial, instead I'm waiting till January unless something odd happens or I can find one sooner.

Many gamestops around me are showing as having series X on popfindr, imma just assume its the black friday stock and not waste my time.

Many gamestops around me are showing as having series X on popfindr, imma just assume its the black friday stock and not waste my time.
I just checked and see that as well.

GameStop just posted on Twitter they are going to have XSX bundles available shortly.

Definitely not getting a bundle though, just want the console.

EDIT:

I just called. They said they are going to have them for sale on Black Friday and are expecting people to line up on Thanksgiving, if the cops allow. So hard pass for me.

Seems to still be up. Even had it added to my cart. Why could I not get an ps5 that way lol.

Grats to everyone that got one.

Yes, but it’s not a pre-order because the product has already launched and other retailers are clearly getting additional stock. You would think MS wouldn’t want to be treating customers who order directly from them as second class citizens. I have no issue with waiting, but the lack of communication and information seems unprofessional for a company at Microsoft’s level.
I think the expectation that these would ship sooner has overstepped the fact that in production, you have a timeline and quota. I think they didn't make it clear enough that this round of Xboxes were a pre-order, or time slot, of what comes off production lines. They already had orders in from retailers long before that round, so the trickle we're seeing to retailers are representative of that.

That said, the expectation should be that these will arrive before Christmas and they have no further news as they're receiving stock to fulfill these orders all at once. When they have news to share, they will. Otherwise it is very much a waiting game, but I can understand impatience when everyone wants these as fast as possible.

Well, you might want to consider that a retailer that is ordering tens of thousands of consoles and even more games and accessories is a bit higher in priority than Joe Gamer that is ordering one. They have contracts and delivery schedules. They flat out gave everyone a delivery date when people ordered, you are in the queue and they have contracts that must be fulfilled in order. There is no update unless that date changes, what are they supposed to be communicating? Any speculation of that moving up is based on rumor and guessing, they don't have to address it, it isn't unprofessional at all. And they can't short ship a big retailer that made orders months ago just to get some out to people that ordered on release date. Just be happy they took what is essentially a pre-order and have committed to a pre-Christmas shipment.

Well, you might want to consider that a retailer that is ordering tens of thousands of consoles and even more games and accessories is a bit higher in priority than Joe Gamer that is ordering one. They have contracts and delivery schedules. They flat out gave everyone a delivery date when people ordered, you are in the queue and they have contracts that must be fulfilled in order. There is no update unless that date changes, what are they supposed to be communicating? Any speculation of that moving up is based on rumor and guessing, they don't have to address it, it isn't unprofessional at all. And they can't short ship a big retailer that made orders months ago just to get some out to people that ordered on release date. Just be happy they took what is essentially a pre-order and have committed to a pre-Christmas shipment.
I love a good rational explanation of how businesses work.

giphy.gif

Yeah mocking people with a disability is a good way to prove your point

The S is a system I actually want. My tv doesn't have hdmi 2.1, but will upscale the 4k. The storage is a little bit of a bummer but I have external drives to take care of the cold storage, plus the price point which is absolutely phenomenal for a next gen system.

And no at least where I live, even the S is non-existent at any retailer.

I don’t disagree, however there’s a significant difference between how MS Store is operating and how a retailer like Best Buy, for instance, keeps customers informed following an order. In this instance the MS order simply says “Pending” with no additional details. They’ve also repeatedly re-authorized the charge which is odd, compared to other retailers. Best Buy would offer clear status updates, estimated delivery date, etc. I understand your points, but the customer experience from the MS Store is lacking.

It was always fun for me to spot the alt. But then I wasn’t around much and lost the thread. Now I have no idea who anyone is.
I’m surprised Pepsiman hasn’t made his way into one of these threads.

My favorite was a few years back when that bot somehow made its way here and posted a deal on a Papa Roach album

Anyone else preorder the GameStop bundle? I checked through the IOS app and it shows this. I will note that I NEVER got a confirmation number email but DID make it in time I presume for a preorder.[attachment=34975:3E5CF2A3-A87A-4A87-9737-0D8A1909ADE3.png][attachment=34976:16334C2C-8B32-4B4D-B303-B630CF161B5C.png]

What times are the Series X's supposed to go live again for Black Friday online purchase?

I know Walmart is 9pm est tonight, but that will likely be another giant fail like the last two times, but I'll still give it a try.

Any other set times for Best Buy, Target, etc.... or is it a crapshoot?

At least this one looks like a little bit of a discount. The items included add up to $735 and it's listed for $719. Although I just noticed, the games are digital versions...

I don’t disagree, however there’s a significant difference between how MS Store is operating and how a retailer like Best Buy, for instance, keeps customers informed following an order. In this instance the MS order simply says “Pending” with no additional details. They’ve also repeatedly re-authorized the charge which is odd, compared to other retailers. Best Buy would offer clear status updates, estimated delivery date, etc. I understand your points, but the customer experience from the MS Store is lacking.
The re-auth is something pretty much all retailers do to make sure the payment method is valid, I know for sure Best Buy does it which is why I do preorders on their store card and just pay it off right away. They don't want to hold a reserve for you if there is a chance you can't make good on the payment. Target also states they do that, but not really if you use a RedCard since they are the payment method. And you don't get any more updates other than a "make sure your old preorder is still valid" if it has been some time and it is about to come out and when it actually ships. Microsoft is offering no less than most other retailers, and in this case more because no other retailers do any sort of post-release pre-order. At Best Buy/etc. if they don't have stock after release, you can't order it at all, even for a future shipment.

I just picked up some stuff from Best Buy and the employee confirmed that they got XSX and PS5 on the truck today.  She couldn't confirm when they are going to sell them but she said it should be by or on Friday.  I know it's pretty obvious this was the case, but confirmed by a BB employee.

What times are the Series X's supposed to go live again for Black Friday online purchase?

I know Walmart is 9pm est tonight, but that will likely be another giant fail like the last two times, but I'll still give it a try.

Any other set times for Best Buy, Target, etc.... or is it a crapshoot?
Last two times?

bread's done
Back