Xbox Series S - $299.99

Amazon

Best Buy

GameStop

Microsoft Store

Target

Walmart

Wario64 wrote on Twitter:

some numbers I heard for GameStop per-store allocations for Xbox Series preorders:
Series X - 6-12 per store
Series S - 2-4 per store— Wario64 (@Wario64) September 21, 2020

Stores may also have a Microsoft financing program available called XBox All Access: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-all-access#findaretailer

Last edited by a moderator:
Best Buy pickup order switched to available overnight. Was previously delayed from 11/28 to 12/6

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I've literally called my Walmart 5x today and not 1 person has picked up when I am connected to the "Order pickup" line.  

Makes me think this Walmart is going to be a nightmare to deal with once they say my order is ready and I have to actually go get it.

I've literally called my Walmart 5x today and not 1 person has picked up when I am connected to the "Order pickup" line.

Makes me think this Walmart is going to be a nightmare to deal with once they say my order is ready and I have to actually go get it.
Walmart just doesn’t care they don’t pick up calls because they understaff and over work people. Each store should have at least one person answering phones. Best Buy ended that practice as well. You can’t even call a store unless you call their theft line extension.

Walmart just doesn’t care they don’t pick up calls because they understaff and over work people. Each store should have at least one person answering phones. Best Buy ended that practice as well. You can’t even call a store unless you call their theft line extension.
It's super frustrating because I have time after work to go there too. But it's 30 mins away and I'm not going there if there is a chance I can't take it home.

It's super frustrating because I have time after work to go there too. But it's 30 mins away and I'm not going there if there is a chance I can't take it home.
I know I would just get to the store pick up area and ask. Walmart will literally sometimes not update the status as ready and then cancel the order on you. Probably why some people are saying they’re seeing ps5s and xboxes at Walmart in the wild. Their own site tells you they’re for sale online only.

I know I would just get to the store pick up area and ask. Walmart will literally sometimes not update the status as ready and then cancel the order on you. Probably why some people are saying they’re seeing ps5s and xboxes at Walmart in the wild. Their own site tells you they’re for sale online only.
Well it says it will be ready for pickup by December 2nd so it's still a little early for the "guaranteed" date, but I know of plenty of people who have gotten thus far at various Walmarts.

It's just far to drive there and get turned down. It's like 35-40 minutes one way.

They’ve got one person running the electronics and they’ve probably got a line of 15 people, half of which are trying to buy prepaid phone cards. Last night I heard them pickup and say “PlayStation 5 is sold out, electronics may I help you.”

My delayed XBSX became available at Best Buy today. There is hope for anyone waiting. Woman brought it to my car in one hand, a PS5 for the car next to me in the other. Goodluck my friends!

My original pick up date for Best Buy was 11/28. Got the delay email and still waiting now. Called customer service and the agent said he can see on the system that the shipment arrived at my Best Buy today. Let’s see if my order will be ready for pick up tomorrow. Not holding my breath.

My delayed XBSX became available at Best Buy today. There is hope for anyone waiting. Woman brought it to my car in one hand, a PS5 for the car next to me in the other. Goodluck my friends!
What was your original pick up date?

My original pick up date for Best Buy was 11/28. Got the delay email and still waiting now. Called customer service and the agent said he can see on the system that the shipment arrived at my Best Buy today. Let’s see if my order will be ready for pick up tomorrow. Not holding my breath.
Just got notification it’s ready for pick up. Finally!

My order from BB last week was supposed to be ready tomorrow but just got notified it’s ready today!
Congrats. Really like my Xbox’s UI and next gen hardware. Way more advance than my ps5. People give it crap for looking like a xbone firmware upgrade when in fact their is a whole lot more going on.

Both of my Best Buy and Walmart orders for XSX are still preparing for pickup tomorrow.  

I just hope one of them comes through.  

I'm a bit sketched out by the Walmart one because I've called the store about 6 times now to check if it's ready for pickup and no one has picked up, and on brickseek it says they are out of stock.

If you had one on your cart on the Microsoft store from before, you might be able to check out now, just did myself. Delivery date by 12/23

I have been unable to successfully checkout at Microsoft

... and now it shows out of stock. That was frustrating. It’s really annoying that you had to sign in with an account. I had trouble signing and then I had trouble adding payment methods. I tried both credit dit card and PayPal and I would get errors.

I have been unable to successfully checkout at Microsoft

... and now it shows out of stock. That was frustrating. It’s really annoying that you had to sign in with an account. I had trouble signing and then I had trouble adding payment methods. I tried both credit dit card and PayPal and I would get errors.
If you had it in your cart don't remove it, but get everything ready for next time. Set your payment method, billing and shipping address, everything you might need to set so when hell breaks loose it will only take 1 or 2 clicks to checkout. I had alerts on from Wario64 and received the Series S in stock, went right in to the store for the X that I already had in cart from before and just clicked purchase and done. Even before Wario64 twitted about the Series X being in stock, good luck next time.

If you had it in your cart don't remove it, but get everything ready for next time. Set your payment method, billing and shipping address, everything you might need to set so when hell breaks loose it will only take 1 or 2 clicks to checkout. I had alerts on from Wario64 and received the Series S in stock, went right in to the store for the X that I already had in cart from before and just clicked purchase and done. Even before Wario64 twitted about the Series X being in stock, good luck next time.
do you need to keep a tab open that's at the checkout page, or were you able to just go back to your cart and finish purchasing?

I have gone back to MS store and my cart been empty after me not removing the XSX from it.

I also remember reading earlier in this thread, if tax is calculated at checkout, then they have stock and your checkout should complete.  If you don't see tax added then that means it's out of stock and you are going to get that error when trying to checkout.

do you need to keep a tab open that's at the checkout page, or were you able to just go back to your cart and finish purchasing?
I have gone back to MS store and my cart been empty after me not removing the XSX from it.

I also remember reading earlier in this thread, if tax is calculated at checkout, then they have stock and your checkout should complete. If you don't see tax added then that means it's out of stock and you are going to get that error when trying to checkout.
I had it in my cart since release day, every time I went to microsoft.com a little message would show up from the cart reminding me the Series X was there teasing me to buy even when not in stock, tried at least twice a day just in case, from my PC, from my laptop and from my phone every once in a while. I even had to go in and press on "save for later" since I was ordering something else from them and it being OOS would stop my order from going through, then after the order went through I went back and moved it to my cart but of course wouldn't let me checkout until today.

You are also right about the Tax thing, it would never show Tax until today that I was able to checkout, just went back in and pressed on it since I had everything set from the get go.

It's strange to me that they intermittently take orders with the same delivery date for ones ordered almost a month ago now. I do question WTF is the hold up since they're able to take more pre-orders every couple of days for the same delivery date coming up. It would make far more sense if they weren't taking orders but then suddenly had extra stock once they do finally ship. It's sending the message that they're sitting on stock that they -could- be shipping out now, but are waiting until the last minute to fulfill for cost effectiveness.

I'm fine with setting a delivery date in stone, that's the expectation. But to knowingly sit on inventory when paying customers are waiting is very anti-consumer.

Since microsoft store keeps popping up in stock, you can use xbox credit to make physical purchases in the microsoft store online right?

Since microsoft store keeps popping up in stock, you can use xbox credit to make physical purchases in the microsoft store online right?
Yep, and they will automatically take any additional funds you have before charging you when it ships. So any 10% off gift card deals that pop up, you might as well take advantage of all that you can up to the $500 price tag since it's just increased savings.

I noticed this now when I check my status of my pickup for tomorrow on Best Buy's site.

Most orders arrive on time. However, due to COVID-19 and holiday shipping volumes, some orders are arriving later than our estimates. Store Pickup orders could take a little longer, too. Please wait for a “ready for pickup” email before you head to the store.

Yep, and they will automatically take any additional funds you have before charging you when it ships. So any 10% off gift card deals that pop up, you might as well take advantage of all that you can up to the $500 price tag since it's just increased savings.
I have a question, I just ordered one and my credit was wiped and the difference charged to my CC but delivery not until 12/23 or whenever they can, will the charge drop from my CC and then I can add more Microsoft credit until it actually ships? or they keep the authorization for that amount and it does not change next time when it ships? just want to know if it is worth getting some discounted credit or even using some rewards points to lower the amount take from the card in the future. Thanks in advance.

That's exactly how I had it everything was set ready to go and I still had the check out error. It just wouldn't calculate the sales tax. Then after trying to check out for about 40 minutes I just gave up. It's still sitting in my cart just waiting to be ordered. It's pretty pitiful how these websites just suddenly stop working when it comes to checking out.

I have a question, I just ordered one and my credit was wiped and the difference charged to my CC but delivery not until 12/23 or whenever they can, will the charge drop from my CC and then I can add more Microsoft credit until it actually ships? or they keep the authorization for that amount and it does not change next time when it ships? just want to know if it is worth getting some discounted credit or even using some rewards points to lower the amount take from the card in the future. Thanks in advance.
For me, every 3-4 days they reapply the authorization charge and take any additional funds I've added first. I've been adding $3-4 from the R* Cyberpunk promotion by the time they collect each time and they take the few dollars added when they do. So yes, you should be able to add funds and have those picked up when they charge next.

My Walmart order from 11/25 still isn't ready for pickup.  I figured it would be ready when they opened today at 7am but nope.  Hope it doesn't get screwed up lol since today is when it should be ready by.

Has anyone else's Microsoft Store order for XSX with estimated delivery date of Dec. 23 shipped recently? There were some people more than a week ago who said they were shipped. I'm wondering if the rest of us were unlucky and just have to wait until Dec. 23 since the status still says "Pending" :wall:

Has anyone else's Microsoft Store order for XSX with estimated delivery date of Dec. 23 shipped recently? There were some people more than a week ago who said they were shipped. I'm wondering if the rest of us were unlucky and just have to wait until Dec. 23 since the status still says "Pending" :wall:
Mine is still pending. I used the delay to buy some discounted credit towards the final charge when it does ship.

Still pending as well, they just reauthorized the charge for a third time yesterday. Have some credit expiring mid-December that’s locked up in the preorder. All I can say is there will be hell to pay if that drops off and disappears before it ships.

Has anyone else's Microsoft Store order for XSX with estimated delivery date of Dec. 23 shipped recently? There were some people more than a week ago who said they were shipped. I'm wondering if the rest of us were unlucky and just have to wait until Dec. 23 since the status still says "Pending" :wall:
Still waiting. :whistle2:

Got my XSX from Walmart and have a backup with Best Buy that was supposed to be picked up today.  Still saying preparing so I'll be surprised if it's ready today at all.  Probably delayed lol.  Bro in law probably gonna snag that one from me if it comes through.

Got my XSX from Walmart and have a backup with Best Buy that was supposed to be picked up today. Still saying preparing so I'll be surprised if it's ready today at all. Probably delayed lol. Bro in law probably gonna snag that one from me if it comes through.
I wouldn't worry too much about it, Best Buy is usually pretty solid. You might not get it today but you will for sure get one

Oh, have they actually been shipping those out? I hadn't heard of any movement so that's news to me.

all your series X owners and future ones out there, one of the best cool things is the BOOT UP MENU/graphic/music tone!    it completely destroys the PS5 in that regard!     = )       

The ps5 has a boot thing the FIRST time you boot up; but it never shows itself again.    so odd.    but even that boot, it is nothing compared to the series X boot. 

Oh, have they actually been shipping those out? I hadn't heard of any movement so that's news to me.
Yep, I saw 3 or 4 people here who said theirs was shipped last week. We all compared the order times and it seemed that people who ordered right when it went live got theirs early, and I guess there wasn't enough in stock to send them out to everyone early because people with later order times including myself didn't get a shipping notification.

bread's done
Back