Xbox Series S - $299.99

Amazon

Best Buy

GameStop

Microsoft Store

Target

Walmart

Wario64 wrote on Twitter:

some numbers I heard for GameStop per-store allocations for Xbox Series preorders:
Series X - 6-12 per store
Series S - 2-4 per store— Wario64 (@Wario64) September 21, 2020

Stores may also have a Microsoft financing program available called XBox All Access: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-all-access#findaretailer

Last edited by a moderator:
So according to online chat on Best Buy, my order from last weekend that was to be for pickup today hasn't even arrived at Best Buy yet.

They did say they can confirm it's been shipped from the warehouse though but I would have to call the store to find out the new ETA.

And I called and was on hold for 30 minutes with no one picking up so I hung up.

EDIT:

And right on cue I got an email about it being delayed.  The status now shows this:

"This item has been delayed. We're working to get it to you within the next few days."

Crazy question, but if I have a decently capable PC (laptop) and XBox Ultimate Game Pass is it worth looking into the Series X?
Yes, although depending on how powerful your laptop is (and what TV you have - i.e. 1080p or 4K) it may make more sense to just get an S (cut down, digital only version).

Yep, I saw 3 or 4 people here who said theirs was shipped last week. We all compared the order times and it seemed that people who ordered right when it went live got theirs early, and I guess there wasn't enough in stock to send them out to everyone early because people with later order times including myself didn't get a shipping notification.
What time did it go live?

Interesting, mine was 9:33 pacific, so looks like anything between :10 and :17 could have shipped, but most of us are still waiting.

My email is time-stamped at 9:09 pacific and I'm still at pending. I'm not sure when it went live, but I started checking around 9:00 and got my order in just before Wario's tweet went out.

Not really worried about running at the same level by any means (just using a RTX2070), but just curious if I would miss out on potential games just focusing on PC.
Probably not. Almost all Microsoft Xbox exclusives eventually make their way to pc. Sometimes at the same time, but usually a little later.
Xcloud too is around now. However I still like having the Xbox.

Not really worried about running at the same level by any means (just using a RTX2070), but just curious if I would miss out on potential games just focusing on PC.
You would miss out on some good Xbox 3rd party games because there isn't always carry over to PC game pass. The trade-off would be some PC only games but i haven't found that catalog to be very strong. 1st party games you shouldn't miss out but a console would maximize the value of GP Ultimate

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Original Xbox die hard fan here. Until Xbox has console exclusives they will never catch up to Sony. XBX is a great piece of hardware FWIW. But where are the games?...

Still just getting the "there was a problem setting the payment method for your order" so I am not even sure if one became available that I would even get it. 

Anyone elses Best Buy order from last Saturday get delayed? 

Was supposed to pickup yesterday and then I chatted them and they told me they didn't have the item yet but it was shipped from the warehouse and to call the store to find out more details.  I called and was on hold for 30 mins with no answer so I hung up.

Then today I chatted them up again and they told me that they didn't have the item because it was out of stock.  Well yeah duh.

Anyways, it says if they don't have it by December 9th it will be canceled.

Just curious if anyone is in the same boat or has experienced this with the consoles.

Had a walmart that had a waiting list, they called me. I drove there and found out that they did away with said waiting list. Was told they're telling everyone over the phone that they don't have any in stock. So you have to go into the store and ask electronics directly. Then a manager has to go get it unlocked from the back. Ymmv but apparently your best chance at Walmart is in person. Walked out with one yesterday. Literally watched them pick up the phone in front of me and tell customers they don't have them while I was purchasing mine.

Original Xbox die hard fan here. Until Xbox has console exclusives they will never catch up to Sony. XBX is a great piece of hardware FWIW. But where are the games?...
Depends what your definition of games is. If it's 3rd person, action/adventure, story-driven, solo gaming then Sony has it covered ad naseum. If it's family-friendly, platforming, Disney-like experience then Nintendo. And if it's a diverse, robust catalogue including of all of the above from 3rd party developers: Xbox.

I won't argue quality over quantity here, but it would seem to me that flagship games have that new factory smell from all the same boiler plate. Each first-party game rolling off the factory line for me is just getting more and more familiar.

If the Bethesda sale does end up leading to that catalog being first party Microsoft it’s a pretty big list of exclusives. I don’t want to make it sound like we should be happy about these types of acquisitions though
Oh that was a double-win for MS, in both gaining extremely valuable IPs and demonizing Sony at the same time. They know Sony won't allow Game Pass on PS5, so they can simply toss their hands up in the air and say "don't look at us" when Elder Scrolls isn't on PlayStation.

Many people would rather play Halo, Gears, Forza, etc. than the Sony exclusives which are mostly story based games with too many cinematics and I personally find pretentious and boring. When people say that there aren't any good games on Xbox they really mean that there aren't any games that they personally like or they never even bothered playing but want to bash it anyway because bashing Xbox became the "cool" thing to do at one point. Of course, the same people that say that they're sick of the Microsoft "rehashes" that I mentioned somehow don't get sick of another company that also puts on great software (but are also total rehashes such as Smash Bros., Mario Kart, Mario Party, etc.) over and over again as well so that complaint also is invalid.

Many people would rather play Halo, Gears, Forza, etc. than the Sony exclusives which are mostly story based games with too many cinematics and I personally find pretentious and boring. When people say that there aren't any good games on Xbox they really mean that there aren't any games that they personally like or they never even bothered playing but want to bash it anyway because bashing Xbox became the "cool" thing to do at one point. Of course, the same people that say that they're sick of the Microsoft "rehashes" that I mentioned somehow don't get sick of another company that also puts on great software (but are also total rehashes such as Smash Bros., Mario Kart, Mario Party, etc.) over and over again as well so that complaint also is invalid.
So Halo, Gears & Forza aren't rehashes? You need to try harder, there's a reason PS4 sales vastly outnumber Xbox's so let's not kid ourselves. Microsoft knew they couldn't keep relying on the same 3 franchises for the Series X/S, why else do you think they bought Bethesda?

So Halo, Gears & Forza aren't rehashes? You need to try harder, there's a reason PS4 sales vastly outnumber Xbox's so let's not kid ourselves. Microsoft knew they couldn't keep relying on the same 3 franchises for the Series X/S, why else do you think they bought Bethesda?
Let me simplify the point I was making so that everyone can understand it. I said one of the arguments is hypocritical people who have no problem with Nintendo rehashes but one of their criticisms towards Microsoft is that their series are all rehashes. The point is both companies put out nonstop rehashes but one gets the criticism for it. PS4 sales outnumber it but the Xbox still sells millions upon millions of consoles so it's not like some obscure system like the 3DO like haters make it out to be and the series I mentioned all sell millions so they aren't unpopular games. Many people see the Xbox as an alternative to Sony which is the more mainstream system but you get story based games with cinematics which many of us find boring and pretentious. People who love series like the ones I mentioned on Xbox love them for the gameplay and will get years worth of value out of them versus story based games which you usually play once and then get rid of. Of course they need to diversify more which is why they bought Bethesda but to anyone who says that Microsoft has no good games or acts like it's the next 3DO is a fool and narcissist who thinks that their own personal opinions are more important than reality and don't understand that other people are different from them and like different types of things.

Regardless of fanboy stances on either side, Xbox has no compelling exclusives specifically built for the Series yet. Perhaps they're coming soon, but they ain't here yet.

Regardless of fanboy stances on either side, Xbox has no compelling exclusives specifically built for the Series yet. Perhaps they're coming soon, but they ain't here yet.
The fact MS said that all games will work on X1 that work on XSX for at least 18 months means we won't see anything like that for a while, at least nothing that is first party.

The fact MS said that all games will work on X1 that work on XSX for at least 18 months means we won't see anything like that for a while, at least nothing that is first party.
I am pretty sure Sony would be able to have Demon's Souls on the PS4 if they really wanted to, they did it with Miles Morales and Sackboy, of course it has its sacrifices on performance but they are fully playable and in the case of Miles Morales it looks better than the original SpiderMan without having to be next gen. They are still bringing Horizon 2 to the PS4 and I would believe it is more demanding that Demon Souls. The One X is more than capable of running the newer games with more than decent performance, for all the people that can't or are not willing to upgrade yet is great not being left behind for prettier graphics and slightly better frame rates.

I have a Series X for myself and a Series S for my son, also have a second SX on order from MS for a second location away from home since I don't like carrying around the system. As of right now I don't feel the need of a PS5 since all the good games are coming for both systems. Sony cant touch Gamepass and Microsoft Rewards, I bought AC Valhalla, Watchdogs Legion and preordered Cyberpunk with mostly rewards from doing the daily stuff and the GamePass quests, getting paid to keep on playing and also saving a ton sharing the games with my son, I can wait for the PS5 or maybe the PS5 revision/Pro version down the line.

I am pretty sure Sony would be able to have Demon's Souls on the PS4 if they really wanted to, they did it with Miles Morales and Sackboy, of course it has its sacrifices on performance but they are fully playable and in the case of Miles Morales it looks better than the original SpiderMan without having to be next gen. They are still bringing Horizon 2 to the PS4 and I would believe it is more demanding that Demon Souls. The One X is more than capable of running the newer games with more than decent performance, for all the people that can't or are not willing to upgrade yet is great not being left behind for prettier graphics and slightly better frame rates.

I have a Series X for myself and a Series S for my son, also have a second SX on order from MS for a second location away from home since I don't like carrying around the system. As of right now I don't feel the need of a PS5 since all the good games are coming for both systems. Sony cant touch Gamepass and Microsoft Rewards, I bought AC Valhalla, Watchdogs Legion and preordered Cyberpunk with mostly rewards from doing the daily stuff and the GamePass quests, getting paid to keep on playing and also saving a ton sharing the games with my son, I can wait for the PS5 or maybe the PS5 revision/Pro version down the line.
I have no clue why you even quoted me because nothing you said has anything to do with what I said.

I have no clue why you even quoted me because nothing you said has anything to do with what I said.
LOL sorry, I started talking about how games would work for X1 and X1X for a little while, and wanted to make a point that Sony could do the same if they really wanted to and then I just went all out, I apologize.

Because Microsoft products traditionally don't sell very well overseas.

As of April, the PlayStation 4 has sold 33.11 Million units, while the Xbox One has sold 28.27 million units. The PS4 and Xbox One have sold a combined 61.39 million units in the US. The PS3 and Xbox 360 sold a combined 72.13 million units lifetime in the US.

If we wanna get into sales numbers, the Switch came out four years after the PS4 and is only 10 million units behind the PS4.

Let's look at the best selling PS4 games: in order, it's GTAV, Uncharted 4 (which was free), Black Ops 3, Red Dead 2, World War II, Spiderman (which was free), and God Of War.

ended up getting a series X from the last restock at Best Buy.

Anyone have a nice sports card collection that they want to part with?!

Just not getting into sport cards breaks and its expensive!

Because Microsoft products traditionally don't sell very well overseas.

As of April, the PlayStation 4 has sold 33.11 Million units, while the Xbox One has sold 28.27 million units. The PS4 and Xbox One have sold a combined 61.39 million units in the US. The PS3 and Xbox 360 sold a combined 72.13 million units lifetime in the US.

If we wanna get into sales numbers, the Switch came out four years after the PS4 and is only 10 million units behind the PS4.

Let's look at the best selling PS4 games: in order, it's GTAV, Uncharted 4 (which was free), Black Ops 3, Red Dead 2, World War II, Spiderman (which was free), and God Of War.
So that would mean the Switch has surpassed the Xbox One sales already. Any reason why this was left out?

You said play whatever you want, but you are really taking this serious by throwing out all these data, and taking the time to find them. I was trying to point out how it is funny that you compare the PS4 and Switch sales data but you didn't compare the Xbox and Switch data.

I think you prefer the Xbox console, and that is okay.

You said play whatever you want, but you are really taking this serious by throwing out all these data, and taking the time to find them. I was trying to point out how it is funny that you compare the PS4 and Switch sales data but you didn't compare the Xbox and Switch data.

I think you prefer the Xbox console, and that is okay.
Point being if the argument is “there’s a reason why PS4 outsells the Xbox”, we should have some context on why that’s a silly argument.

(Not that it matters, but I own all three. I haven’t turned on my PS4 in a year or so, but that’s more because I’ve been playing Mario Kart and Animal Crossing with my 4 year old and GamePass fits way more into my life these days than Spider-Man and Last Of Us.)

Basically in Japan you either have the handheld (Switch) or you're playing on a home console with better graphics (PS4/PS5)

Xbox just isn't an option since the Japanese developers don't go there unless they're a big company and trying to appeal to western audiences.

Point being if the argument is “there’s a reason why PS4 outsells the Xbox”, we should have some context on why that’s a silly argument.

(Not that it matters, but I own all three. I haven’t turned on my PS4 in a year or so, but that’s more because I’ve been playing Mario Kart and Animal Crossing with my 4 year old and GamePass fits way more into my life these days than Spider-Man and Last Of Us.)
Yes, but why is that considered a silly argument when that is indeed fact? What context is needed?

Basically in Japan you either have the handheld (Switch) or you're playing or you’re playing on mobile.
FYI I just fixed your statement. ALL Consoles are pretty much dead in Japan. Even the PS4 and PS5 are selling poorly. Japan is not even Sony’s target market any more...the US is followed by Europe. The ps4 launched last in Japan and with regards to the ps5 they only sold a few hundred k of ps5s. A far cry from the PS2.

Pretty much they mostly play mobile and on the switch.

I'll be interested to see if Microsoft can get XCloud expanded in Japan and see a big growth there with people buying Game Pass and streaming to phones.

I'll be interested to see if Microsoft can get XCloud expanded in Japan and see a big growth there with people buying Game Pass and streaming to phones.
Probably not. Anything that made Japan cool in the 90s is pretty much a dead hobby. I.e. anime, video games, mangas.

Have these been recalled yet ? Remember every new iteration of Xbox is plagued by crippling hardware problems

I bought up discounted credit over Black Friday to cover the remainder of my MS order. Got pinged again for payment authorization and owed $8 instead of $240 (but still no ship date), saved about 10% on the remaining balance. Combined with MS Rewards, my out of pocket will have been sub-$300 at launch. I wish Sony had rewards programs like this, I'd be more inclined to pursue a PS5 too.

I bought up discounted credit over Black Friday to cover the remainder of my MS order. Got pinged again for payment authorization and owed $8 instead of $240 (but still no ship date), saved about 10% on the remaining balance. Combined with MS Rewards, my out of pocket will have been sub-$300 at launch. I wish Sony had rewards programs like this, I'd be more inclined to pursue a PS5 too.
You can use the MS rewards program to get Amazon, Target, and Walmart gift cards to get other items. The exchange rate is not the same as the Microsoft Store gift cards though.

ended up getting a series X from the last restock at Best Buy.

Anyone have a nice sports card collection that they want to part with?!

Just not getting into sport cards breaks and its expensive!
I've got a bunch of basketball cards from early 90s, Shaq rookies etc, including half a box of unopened Topps 92?

Yes, but why is that considered a silly argument when that is indeed fact? What context is needed?
That was the quote I was responding to. What part of that is fact?

PS4 sales outnumber Xbox sales because Microsoft products aren't marketed overseas to the extent that Playstation is. They're not THAT far apart in the US, and if you're going to point to it being Microsoft having stale IP's, we can have a conversation about the cornerstones of Sony franchises being Uncharted, The Last Of Us, and God Of War and how PUBG sold twice as many copies on Xbox as Last Of Us II did on PS4.

bread's done
Back