Xbox Series S - $299.99

Amazon

Best Buy

GameStop

Microsoft Store

Target

Walmart

Wario64 wrote on Twitter:

some numbers I heard for GameStop per-store allocations for Xbox Series preorders:
Series X - 6-12 per store
Series S - 2-4 per store— Wario64 (@Wario64) September 21, 2020

Stores may also have a Microsoft financing program available called XBox All Access: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-all-access#findaretailer

Last edited by a moderator:
If I were Microsoft, I would say any authorized retailer that puts hard to find items behind a paywall or tied to a bundle (when hot item is not also available stand alone), will receive less stock.
Microsoft allows bots to overrun/rule their website and snatch up Series consoles/accessories when available. If anything, they need to start in house by squashing that. Then they can go after authorized retailers for locking consoles behind paywalls (Total Tech, WM+, Powerup Rewards, etc).

Thanks, a Target 20 mins from me has 17, they won't hold so hoping they remain until I can get there.
My store wouldn't tell me how many they had. Just said if I headed over right away, I should be able to get one. I rushed over. When I got there, I was the only person getting one. More people showed up as I was paying.

Good luck!

Super frustrating that Target drops a massive load across my county and I don't find out until it's far too late.  I'm sure 90% of those units will be resold.

Call your local Targets! Some got stock today. Was able to get one for my brother. The hunt is over.
For Series S or Series X? At BS no stores show up in the list when I search for Series X, but lots of them do for Series S (but stock info is blocked).

For Series S or Series X? At BS no stores show up in the list when I search for Series X, but lots of them do for Series S (but stock info is blocked).
Series X. Probably some S as well.

Target employee told me today they don't enter these into inventory when they are received. They don't want their store flooded from sites like BS or other local Targets referring customers.

Yea. I really wish microsoft and sony could flood the markets so much that scalpers sitting on consoles have to sell at regular retail. In my dream world...

So my wife got to the Target I mentioned above and there was a line, she was last in line and just missed out.  However another location 10 mins away had them, she got there and the same group of guys who were in front of her at the first Target were now there buying up the stock.  This time she actually got one thanks to Target limiting 1 per customer, but these shitty scalpers are a big problem.  She even called them out and they said they don't care what she thinks, they are making $800 per online.  Scumbags.

At least I got one for my son for his birthday, I really wanted a second one for my dad who's OG Xbox One just died, but no dice.  The hunt continues, but if I don't find one, I'll just give him my son's One X the Series X is replacing. 

So my wife got to the Target I mentioned above and there was a line, she was last in line and just missed out. However another location 10 mins away had them, she got there and the same group of guys who were in front of her at the first Target were now there buying up the stock. This time she actually got one thanks to Target limiting 1 per customer, but these shitty scalpers are a big problem. She even called them out and they said they don't care what she thinks, they are making $800 per online. Scumbags.

At least I got one for my son for his birthday, I really wanted a second one for my dad who's OG Xbox One just died, but no dice. The hunt continues, but if I don't find one, I'll just give him my son's One X the Series X is replacing.
Scalpers only exist because of the impatient "I get everything I want" young people that buy these items. Our grandfathers never would have spent that kind of money on some hypothetical goods. These aftermarket economies would have evaporated.

We also don't allow stores to capitalize on hardware in this fashion, or else they would. Like any little boutique shoppe or small stores in other countries.

We could have the Targets and Amazons selling these things for $700 or whatever they wanted instead. But people wouldn't want that either. So in a sense people should be happy that these things are somewhat regulated, and retailers are doing what they can in many instances.

We also don't allow stores to capitalize on hardware in this fashion, or else they would. Like any little boutique shoppe or small stores in other countries.
My wife said to get around the 1 per customer limitation they were paying people $20 to get in line for them. Not sure how that was all working out once they had to pay or whatever.

Anyway, my wife stopped at another Target on her way home and they just got their shipment so she secured the 2nd one for my dad. Great day, thanks Target!

FYI: The Target on Cotton Lane in Goodyear AZ is the one that just got stock if you get over there quick you might still get one.

Good info, I don't think I will be getting out to target tonight and I'm sure tomorrow morning will be a zoo if there is even a small chance these are available

These posts above are why I feel I'm an online order only kind of shopper for these things. At least I'm not face to face with the scalper assholes.. 🙄

I keep waiting on bestbuy to randomly put up the halo console. But I'll probably be asleep or it'll be hidden behind their new total tech nonsense.
They haven't announced anything yet but select Best Buy stores have stockpiled Halo consoles, anniversary controllers and headsets for an event on Monday. Doesn't mean they won't have any online but pushing most of the stock to stores does help defeat the scalpers and their bots.

They haven't announced anything yet but select Best Buy stores have stockpiled Halo consoles, anniversary controllers and headsets for an event on Monday. Doesn't mean they won't have any online but pushing most of the stock to stores does help defeat the scalpers and their bots.
Shhhh. Maybe we keep this quiet and all us cags can all hit up bestbuy monday to get one. 😁

Any way of knowing which stores will have stock? As in, if there are several in the area would it just be the larger stores?

Any way of knowing which stores will have stock? As in, if there are several in the area would it just be the larger stores?
They will surely announce this at some point with the list but generally the same ones that have previously had Series X/PS5 and graphics card events.

Scalpers only exist because of the impatient "I get everything I want" young people that buy these items.  Our grandfathers never would have spent that kind of money on some hypothetical goods.  These aftermarket economies would have evaporated. 

We also don't allow stores to capitalize on hardware in this fashion, or else they would.   Like any little boutique shoppe or small stores in other countries. 

We could have the Targets and Amazons selling these things for $700 or whatever they wanted instead.  But people wouldn't want that either.  So in a sense people should be happy that these things are somewhat regulated, and retailers are doing what they can in many instances. 
Sadly there is some truth to this. I remember ordering Sega Saturn games back online in the 90's. They would be $70-$80 after shipping and we would get them in a month... IF we were lucky. We didn't have 2 day shipping. And if they never arrived or came late? No refund. If the jewel case was damaged? You would get ignored if you even tried to e-mail about that. We were just happy to get the game and even though it was expensive we would only buy one or two games a year so it wasn't a big deal and get our money's worth. If this was today people would spend $150 on a game and demand it comes in two days or throw a fit so I can see where you're going with this. No one has patience anymore and are willing to drive the prices on luxury goods because of this.

Went to Target in Tustin, CA. Was first in line in the store. I managed to get an X. Not sure how many more they had but at least 8 others waiting to find out.

FINALLY!!!

Dang. Maybe there's hope to try my local target today. Honestly I'd rather have a plain black than the halo edition.

I wonder if brickseek is useless in checking these. Always say no results

Dang. Maybe there's hope to try my local target today. Honestly I'd rather have a plain black than the halo edition.

I wonder if brickseek is useless in checking these. Always say no results
Someone earlier in the thread asked a target associate if these are added to their inventory system and was told no

Tried my target. Nuthin. They said no notice given of when they receive stock, and sometimes they don't even get to a truck to unload for a whole day. So could be anytime of day when they show up to buy.

Anyone think those 20th Anniversary controllers will restock or become readily available once they finally release?

Definitely want one.
I hope since the Forza controllers are readily available at GameStop’s near me that the anniversary one will be available too. My local store said they’re getting 1 in that’s not a preorder so check back on release day or inquire with your local store.

Anyone think those 20th Anniversary controllers will restock or become readily available once they finally release?

Definitely want one.
Check Sunday night since local stock and any online inventory should pop up. They won't restock any sooner than that.

After calling some stores and striking out at a couple stores I found one this morning at target. My friend called around a found a store with stock, grabbed one and then I managed to get the last one

Has anybody had any luck buying Series X from the Microsoft store recently? I have got enough reward points for one but am wary of redeeming it and failing to buy one

bread's done
Back